Music-thread again

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

mah
thought it was about time with one of those music-threads again.
considering they often go off-topic after one page, new ones has to come now and then.

so...what do you listen to now? bought any cd's lately, which? fancy a song on the radio at the moment?

yerssot
yeah, about time we had a new offtopic thread big grin

Raz
Song that I really like at the moment is N.E.R.D. - Rockstar.
A music video I like at the moment is Beyonce Knowles - 'Work it out' big grin

I also like virtually all songs made/remixed by Basement Jaxx.

mah
Basement Jaxx, yepyepyep.
havent seen Beyonces video, but I like the song actually.

digged up some of my ''old'' cd's lately, brit duo Bent - Programmed to Love. listening to The Avalanches.

Tom Waits- God's Away on Business

Tex

mah
good, just remember to skip the Creed part

yerssot

Tex

finti
Bought The Best of Steely Dan and the best Of Bob Marley on wednesday. The Marley cd was awsome.

mah
hot, but crap, then.

yerssot
for once I think it's great you can block the img-tags!

mechmoggy
Mostly listening to "Songs from the other side" by the Charlatans at the moment, its a class 16 track album of b-sides.

Other than that I'm liking "Doves" and "Idlewild" too. Been skint lately though so I haven't bought the albums yet.

Gundark
Best of Bob Marley...if you say its good finti, I'll get it.

On the topic of music, I'm still fighting with Columbia House on-line.

I've bought from them for the past 12 years and have like a gazillion bonus points collected. So about 2 months ago I go on-line to maybe buy some stuff ( hadn't bought anything in about 6-8 months) . It wouldn't take my user name and password. So I e-mail customer service and they say they no longer have me on record ! I told them I want my damn bonus points for freebies and no excuses. Well they have no record of any account I ever had with them ! Man, am I locked ! They offered to start me a new account with like 14 CD's for a penny and they buy 8 more or something over the next 2 years or whatever that dealie is. I don't wanna start over, I want my bonus points back. I'm fighting a loosing battle !

mah
that sucks, take it to the court!

yerssot
well, if they have deleted her, she can't proof otherwhise I think

Tex
CD and DVD clubs like ColumbiaHouse are evil!

JediOasis
Heathen Chemistry by Oasis just came out a month ago so I've been listening to that a lot. Best tracks are The Hindu Times, Little by Little and Born on a Different Cloud, its their best CD to date if you ask me. Other good semi new ones are The Doves new CD and The Vines as well.

Tex
Hindu times is great, Little by Little I really dont care for.
But my all time favorite Oasis song would have to be Sally Can Wait.
Is this their last album? sad
It's a shame, so many good bands CD's aren't selling well while crap like Britney Spears flys off the shelf! roll eyes (sarcastic)

mechmoggy
Hey Tex, if you go and buy "The Melting Pot" the best of the Charlatans album then I'll go and buy an album of your choice which I wouldn't otherwise of heard of.

Whatcha think?

finti
well I got "the melting pot" so Mech go buy Jeff Buckley "Grace"

mechmoggy
Give me some idea of his music style, who does he sound like?

Anyway, the idea is to go and buy an album you would normally buy. roll eyes (sarcastic)

finti
Jeff Buckley got his own style go into this site and you can listen to some of his stuffhttp://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/redirect/leaf= search for Jeff Buckley

mechmoggy
Can't be arsed to go searching anywhere, what is his music like?

Country / Folk / Indie / Rock?

finti
cant label his stuff, are you lazy or what ?
try the site

Tex

mah
keep us updated

finti
we dont need updates on the tree woman embarrasment opps editet the h

Tex

finti

Captain REX
I'm listening to all that orchestral stuff. I have a CD of Musorgsky: Pictures at an Exhibition, a CD of Holst: The Planets, AOTC soundtrack, TPM soundtrack, Gladiator soundtrack, Black Hawk Down soundtrack, burned CD #3 (I made a CD with orchestrated Nintendo tunes and movies tunes like the ANH Star Wars opening and Indiana Jones), and those are basically the only ones I listen to. Aside from that, here's CDs that I have that I NEVER listen to unless there's a quiz that I could win millions of dollars from about those crappy CDs.

N*Sync (N*Stink)
Backstreet Boys (Backstage Boys)
Michael Jackson (Michael Crackson)
Burned CD #1 & #2
and so on and so forth...

I also have mp3s that I listen to. Nintendo tunes, Star Wars (especially Star Wars Gangsta Rap big grin ), and a few others.

mah
I love the Zelda tunes

yerssot
what about the theme of FF?

Tex

mah
that 'switch' of cd thing mech came up with really was pretty geniously thought of.

yes, many a soothing and nice tune there too. those guys in Japan really know how to do things.

yerssot
you know "tears in my eye"?

mah
not really, tell me

yerssot
song in FF8, on the Ragnarok

Bespin Bart
Sounds like a sad pathetic tune. stick out tongue

yerssot
and you heared it?

mah
yerss: not 'eyes on me'?

yerssot
no, that's before that one, you have an instrumental one after that

mah
cant remember, and cant find it on WinMX either

yerssot
not important, you can play the game again till you reach that point wink

mah
if I had it of course

yerssot
buy it please

mah
if I had a playsation of course

yerssot
pc is good too

mah

yerssot
another word: NO

mah
you know you gotta catch 'em all? well the music on the original game boy game was pure brilliance

Tex
I dont think so!
The original Mario Bros on NES had the best music.

mah
decent that too.

Tex
Especially when you would save those mushroom head guys from Kupas' dragon goons!
That music was soooooo cute! smile

yerssot
only played that one once, same as on the GB?

Captain REX
Yes, I do have the Mario tune on my burned CD #3. It's cool, but not as fast and loud as I'd like it to be. It's too soft. It's called the Super Mario Bros. Medley, since it has the above-ground theme (with the castles and blue skies), the underground theme, and the underwater theme. It ends with the music that plays when you get a game over.

My brother's baby-sitter has a techno music CD and it has the Super Mario (above-ground theme) and the Tetris theme. They are remixes and they sound really cool.

Captain REX
And yes Yerssot, the GB version of Super Mario Bros. is the same as the Super Mario Bros. on the original Nintendo system, NES for short.

BackFire349
i listen to metal, and rock. (korn, pantera, slipknot, dredg, system of a down, slayer, mudvayne, nothingface, deftones, and i listen to movie soundtracks, requiem for a dream mostly)

Tex
That's like death metal stuff.
Too loud for my tastes. eek!

BackFire349
some of it is, some is just metal

Tex
I like Korn.
New album isn't doing too well. sad

JediOasis
Its not their last album, they've actually already talked a little about a new album within the next year seeing as how there are 4 songwriters now instead of one. And "Sally Can Wait?", I think you mean "Don't Look Back in Anger" wink

Tex
Opps embarrasment
Yup, that's the one.

mechmoggy
The best Oasis song by far is "Whatever", it never appeared on any of the albums but it was the one track that got me into Oasis big time.

"One to Another" is a real classic Charlatans track Tex. I always listen to those guys when driving, its great music which reveals more levels of genius the more you play it. I was torn between suggesting that album or "Urban Hymns" by The Verve, another must have for any indie collection.

I'll go and buy your album this week sometime, when I do I'll start a new thread where loadsa people will hopefully buy other peoples suggestions. I've already got 3 (I think its 3) Bjork albums anyway so I'm pretty confident I'll like it anyway.

mah
death metal is ace. mayhem, dimmu borgir, immortal.
and in metal I really like system of a down.

plus I'm really addicted to JPop (Japanese pop), megumi hayashibara, yui horie, takako minekawa.

and good thread-idea mech.

Tex
Have you seen the new System of a down video?
Has this weird little alien kid walking around eek!

mah
havent seen it :/

ToMacco
Gundy, that really sucks about Columbia House. You fight that shit, because they shouldn't be able to get away with that. NOBODY loses records of a 12 year old customer.

Finti, are you talking about Legend: Bob Marley and the Whalers? That CD is frikin' sweet.

yerssot, I almost bought Final Fantasy 8 the other day, but decided to get a discount Bob Dylan package instead. Three albums for $25, how could I turn it down? (I also got Greatful Dead: Skeletons From the Closet for $7. smile )

ToMacco
Oh, and Tex. I've been listening to Weezer a lot lately too.

Do you have all four of their albums?

I like blue one the best, followed by Pinkerton, then The Green Album, then Maladroit.

Bespin Bart
I've listened to Weezer a few times.

Rex wants to by the LOTR soundtrack. He's gone soundtrack crazy recently. TPM, AOTC, BHD, LOTR, Gladiator, and so on. eek!

ToMacco
Okay, right on.

Tex
Aint got any Weezer albums
I download the songs I like and burn them evil face

ToMacco
*shakes head*

Doesn't surprise me. Why don't you go buy them, you cheap bastard?

Tex

phinney6
I like light rock, REM, U2, and some 80's rock, bon jovi, aerosmith

Tex
Anyone been to any concerts recently?

finti
no not Legends, it is called One Love The very best of Bob Marley and the wailers
http://www.cdnow.com/cgi-bin/mserver/SID=1351045134/pagename=/RP/CDN/FIND/album.html/artistid=MARLEY*BOB+&+THE+WAILERS/itemid=1468931

It rules

ToMacco
Nope. I've just been to ballgames and bars.

But I am going to buy my sister 4 or 5 CD's for her birthday. And no, Tex, I'm not getting her any Bjork discs.

ToMacco
And one more thing, Tex. . . .TEXAS.

Bjork sucks. stick out tongue

mechmoggy
I do believe Paul Weller is playing in Birmingham soon, oh and Coldplay too. May just have to go and see those two. smokin'

Tex
Coldplay would make a boaring concert I think.
Too depressing thier music is.
Why speaking like Yoda am I?

Thomas H
maybe you are master yoda?why haveyou hidden that for us for a long time?

ToMacco
Paul Weller? Isn't that the dude who played Robocop?

mah
robocop *shudders*

ToMacco
Isn't that the guy?

yerssot
"You have twenty seconds to comply"
http://www.westwoodi.net/~smilies/contrib/sarge/Robocop.gif

mah
I have no idea who he is

ToMacco
Wait, that's Peter Weller.

Thomas H
right!

A-Ha rocks...take on me...take on me, il be yours in a day or twoooooooo,

Tex
Robocop was a tereffic kick ass 80s action movie!
And is was filmed in Dallas. Although the story was set in Detroit! roll eyes (sarcastic)

ToMacco
I saw Robocop when I was 7 years old.

Gundark
How many are there now ? Like 4 ?

ToMacco
I think they only made 3.

The third one was on TV the other day. I tried to watch it. But it was so bad, it almost made me puke.

Gundark
Oh no. I can beat that. Smokey and the Bandit 3.

finti
Now the original Smokey & The bandit was cool smile

yerssot
Tutti Frutti smile

Gundark
The original was the best, yes.

"Well you can take my cadillac. That'll leave me with an even dozen."

finti
bye bye babe

queeq
Haven't seen that one in a long time.

finti
me neither

queeq
But you probably hate it. I can't even remember what I thought of it.

finti
nah it was ok

queeq
Really? Surprising...

finti
why?

queeq
You usually hate all films other people like around here.

yerssot
so finti likes Crossroads?

finti
huh?,

well queeq thats because a lot of people around here like crap movies

queeq
Another head rolls...

Yes, so you say...hmmm.

yerssot
It's the season to be rolling, lalalalala

finti
roll over beethoven

queeq
Make sure that axe is blunt.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.