Ulic Quel-Droma versus Sora Bulq, Anoon Bondara and Cin Drallig

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GM Nebaris
Can Ulic pull it off? Setting is in the Geonosian Arena. No active use of the force allowed.

jollyjim311
If they play it safe and stay somewhat defensive and stay alive, then, they will tire out Ulic and come at him over and over again, two on one or one on one while the others see what they can do to help with the force. Ulic was never impressive with the force, and to beat three lightsaber masters in melee combat at the same time would not be easy. I say Ulic may kill one of them, but is overcome by their lightsaber skills.

GM Nebaris
No active use of the force. Purely a battle of sabers.

jollyjim311
Well then, it is a lot closer. While Ulic has never seen a vaapad user like Sora, it is a form that requires a lot of space, and, while seemingly overwhelming at first, it probably wouldn't allow for another Jedi to double team Ulic when Sora attacks. It would do very well to fatigue Ulic, and if Anoon and Cin could coordinate their attacks, then they could probably take down a tired Ulic after Sora is defeated. If not, then, Ulic might win. A better strategy would be for Anoon and Cin to attack him, and, if one started to be overwhelmed, then Sora would jump in and the Jedi that was still doing okay just plays defensive, with only the occasional attack to help out Sora, and assists Sora until the other (Either Anoon or Cin) was ready to fight again. With time to work out a strategy beforehand, the three could take it. Without, they would still probably win, but only marginally.

GM Nebaris
Yeah, you have a point but don't forget that Ulic was able to stalemate a very powerful jedi knight in a saber battle while removed from the force.
Also, Sora, Anoon and Cin were all saber instructors and presumably mastered the first six forms of saber combat.

jollyjim311
Meh, Ulic never really impressed me. He was good, but, still... http://www.swcomics.com/Old_Republic_Era_c.php?i=6&f=35&name=Redemption_5_of_5

darthsith19
Hmm... this is a close battle. Sora isn't far behind Mace, Cin > Grievous before getting injured, who can make Dooku struggle in a training session and Anoon is about on par with Qui-Gon. I say the trio takes Ulic, they'd be to much for him, but Ulic'd put up a good fight.

GM Nebaris
Out of curiosity, Exar or Ulic (in terms of saber dueling)?

DE Luke
Exar.

GM Nebaris
I would usually say that, but I don't know anymore. I mean he stalemated Ulic in a saber duel which shows that they were extremely close anyway, but since then Exar continued focusing on growing stronger in the force (*) and aside from inventing the saber staff (which doesn't really say anything about his saber capabilities) he did absolutely nothing that would indicate him growing in that aspect. Even when he defeated Vodo, it was not a testament to his saber capabilities, but a testament to his strength and the fact that Vodo's stick was inferior.

* Ulic on the other hand seemed to actively be using his saber (against Mandalore or Cay for instance, and he seemed to be a frontline general that was actively using his saber) and he has displayed great skill with a saber, such as being able to stalemate a very powerful jedi knight at a point when he had been cut off from the force and at a point where he was very out of practice - basically a shell of his former self.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.