Has KMC made you a more Social Person?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Honestly, look back to the day you first join. And ask yourself...Has KMC really change my Social communications? Or have you always been this social with other people? Feel free to comment.

silver_tears
Nah, I've always been this way.

Punkyhermy
well...KMC made me see that not everyone you meet online is a potential stalker or something I guess. *shrugs*

§cimitar
In real life I am more social now, but I get hurt here more than anywhere else, or I get hurt by people I meet on here, although some of my best friends are here too.

I love you ladyluck/itzak/vinny! cry

Leo.M
Originally posted by silver_tears

Fiann@
Weeelll...I do say what's on my mind more. But that probably makes me more anti-social stick out tongue

I think I've grown up a lot more during the last few years and become more confident, whether some of that is down to KMC or not I don't know.

Punkyhermy

H. S. 6
Originally posted by silver_tears

Syren
I've always been as social, I think. My confidence may have grown but I think that's down to being a little older and wiser than when I first joined KMC, rather than because I actually joined KMC. I have to say that I've met a lot of people here that I would consider friends so I suppose my social circle has definitely grown.

Mr. Bacon
Originally posted by Syren
I've always been as social, I think. My confidence may have grown but I think that's down to being a little older and wiser than when I first joined KMC, rather than because I actually joined KMC. I have to say that I've met a lot of people here that I would consider friends so I suppose my social circle has definitely grown.
well said yes i agree smile

Xirius
Im generally more social offline, Im better with people when I can see who Im talking to, so I wouldnt say kmc has made me more social, but it hasn;t made me less so either.

A.D. Skinner
It certainly has...

Since I have been here, I believe that I have made a few new good friends, whereas if I hadn't joined, I would still be quite the loner.

Syren
Does it depend on how you were before you joined KMC though? I've always been an extrovert, so perhaps being a member of KMC has enhanced my outgoing nature. I never really thought about it. I do know that I have learned a different approach to 'people skills', if that makes sense. Obviously being surrounded by people from all over the world on a daily basis has to have some kind of effect, wouldn't you say? With regard to knowledge of culture, for example.

Bloigen
Just STFU and go away Dwarfen.

WrathfulDwarf
Does it depend on how you were before you joined KMC though? I've always been an extrovert, so perhaps being a member of KMC has enhanced my outgoing nature. I never really thought about it. I do know that I have learned a different approach to 'people skills', if that makes sense. Obviously being surrounded by people from all over the world on a daily basis has to have some kind of effect, wouldn't you say? With regard to knowledge of culture, for example.

I think I can answer that one Syren. Similar to Skinner's experience in the forum in the early days. I wasn't much of talker. I was a very private person as far as KMC member. I think it happens mostly because when I first register I wasn't aware the site is a PG13 forum. I felt kinda ackward being in my late 30's and talking to teenagers.

But as time pass by I began to notice how open the members are. I realize it was more fun talking to a younger audience than to a more adult. KMC has change much. You remenber? There wasn't these many forums before. All this stuff Meister has added has totally change the place.

Remenber when there was the no politics rules? When that happen I thought it was my opportunity to read and understand the views of others on foreign policies. Didn't really open my eyes....but it certainly made me think more.

Originally posted by Bloigen
Just STFU and go away Dwarfen.

HA! You wished! stick out tongue

Syren
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
I think I can answer that one Syren. Similar to Skinner's experience in the forum in the early days. I wasn't much of talker. I was a very private person as far as KMC member. I think it happens mostly because when I first register I wasn't aware the site is a PG13 forum. I felt kinda ackward being in my late 30's and talking to teenagers.

But as time pass by I began to notice how open the members are. I realize it was more fun talking to a younger audience than to a more adult. KMC has change much. You remenber? There wasn't these many forums before. All this stuff Meister has added has totally change the place.

Remenber when there was the no politics rules? When that happen I thought it was my opportunity to read and understand the views of others on foreign policies. Didn't really open my eyes....but it certainly made me think more.

yes I hadn't realised that the forum was PG-13 either, but I guess it was different for me in that respect anyway because I was only 19 when I joined so I didn't feel 'old' in comparison to the majority of the members we had back then.

There weren't even a tenth of the members we have now when I joined! It's insane, I think I was around the 9000th member to join so the forum was relatively 'small' back then. Hence there being less forums for discussion; I do remember the older rules of 'no politics' and 'no religion', but we've moved on I think.

I agree with the thinking more. I've always said to my buddies in RL when describing KMC that I love posting here because there's always something to think about. I don't really get the opportunity in my day to day life to sit and discuss, or debate, with other people. KMC provided that outlet for me.

SelphieT
I'm more anti social because I'm on the computer all the damn time now....

lord xyz
Honestly, look back to the day you first join. And ask yourself...Has KMC really change my Social communications? Or have you always been this social with other people? Feel free to comment. *votes for "Quite the opposite actually" because it's true, (even though it's not the poll which it should)*

DarkC
It's improved my social abilities, but it didn't really make me more of a social person.

gabrella1991
it made me more of a social person phone1

Syren
Originally posted by DarkC
It's improved my social abilities, but it didn't really make me more of a social person.

Gotta agree with that 100% yes

AOR
Honestly, look back to the day you first join. And ask yourself...Has KMC really change my Social communications? Or have you always been this social with other people? Feel free to comment.

I've had more inside jokes lately...

overlord
The internet forums taught me how disturbed a human mind can get. I've learned to be more annoying every day spent on KMC!
smile

Syren
That's nice leftright

lord xyz
It's made me a social drinker, if that's what you mean. ~drunk~

LanceWindu
There weren't even a tenth of the members we have now when I joined! It's insane, I think I was around the 9000th member to join so the forum was relatively 'small' back then.

I was member 190. big grin

Trust me, KMC was tiny back in the day, but when I first joined it seemed like a busy place.

Originally posted by gabrella1991
it made me more of a social person phone1

You've been here a month. no expression

silver_tears
When I joined it was just regulars each night, you literally knew every single poster in the OTF cause it had just opened I believe and only certain people posted here.

The GDF used to be more chill too.

Mr. Bacon
2003 was the OTFs best year yes

-Tired Hiker-

I am a completely different person in real life than I am on a computer. Am I more social over the net with KMC? Yes. Has it improved my social life off the computer . . . no, not at all.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.