Question!!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

phreak_v2.o
Why doesn't anyone recognize clark kent as superman? the resemblance is obvious to me. although i am an unattached bystander, i still don't see how that anyone couldn't recognize clark kent as superman. his glasses don't really make him look that much different

Jamaican
Well I think....(scratches head)...yeah that's it, it's a comic!!

Lol, I'm sorry, I can be very sarcastic.

Well they say that he does a number of things to keep anyone close to him from thinking that. Changes to a different octave in his voice to sound different. Slouches. Different hair cut. Different body language. I understand why he used such big glasses before, but I doubt the more modern changes his face as much.

Also, that's if people even think that Superman has an alter ego to begin with. He's usually so busy and solving problems around the globe that people prob. don't think he'd possibly have enough time to have a private life.

BUT when problems and questions have arisen, he usually comes up with something. For example in the Death of Superman, in the end Supergirl turns into Clark Kent (shapeshifts) so everyone there, and everyone watching TV would see Superman & CK there at the same time. In an old Lois & Clark episode when someone had realized they are one and the same, he used his mother's laser machine (forgot what it was exactly) to put a laser imagine into the sky while he (CK) was down on the ground answering questions. Just like how in the old series, and maybe in the comics, Batman has appeared next to Bruce (usually Alfred or Dick in the suit).

My 2 Cents...

ZephroCarnelian
Super-Hypnotism.

smile

Superman unconciously uses Super-hypnotism to convince people that he's not Superman.

It was explained in a pre-crisis Comic.

roughrider
Suspension of disbelief, mostly.
Though little changes in appearence can make a difference.

One major reason not often thought of, is that people wouldn't expect Superman to be living among them like a normal person. He always seems to be going places and couldn't possibly stand still in everyday life, so that may help.

Darth Martin
I was thinking the act same thing

Private Pion
Not to mention all the times Clark and 'Superman' have spoken on TV. 'Superman' being Martian Manhunter.

roughrider
Originally posted by Private Pion
Not to mention all the times Clark and 'Superman' have spoken on TV. 'Superman' being Martian Manhunter.

Maybe, they need to pull off a trick like that for the movies, too.

Jamaican
That was pre-crisis (as you stated). I doubt they 'allow' him to have that power anymore.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.