Grievous vs. Vader...Feats of Strength!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Captain REX
Grievous and Vader are in a contest of Strength.

Round 1) Grievous and Vader must lift a 300 pound weight and carry it one mile. Time is not a factor.

Round 2) Grievous and Vader must arm wrestle.

Round 3) Grievous and Vader must see who can beat down who with power blows with a lightsaber. Grievous is only using one and has his arms locked. No Force.

There's a full day's rest between each feat...

Escape81
1) Grievous.

2) Grievous.

3) Vader, possibly.

Null ARC Avis
Originally posted by Escape81
1) Grievous.

2) Grievous.

3) Vader, possibly.

GM Nebaris
Well in 1 and 2, Vader can augment his strength with the force. I'd say vader for 3.

Admiral Akbar
Grevious is stronger than Vader, so he wins all.

GM Nebaris
Any proof?

Admiral Akbar
Grevious alone in CW has shown how strong he is. Vader was outmuscled by his son, even though his experience in the force is leagues above Luke.

Tangible God
Originally posted by Escape81
1) Grievous.

2) Grievous.

3) Vader, possibly.

jollyjim311
1) They could probably both do it.
2) Vader would crush his hand. In RODV it says that he could crush his lightsaber.
3) Vader, most likely.

Darth Vious
I would say Grievous in all of the feats, because his limbs and body are entirely artificial.
Vader might have the strength in his hand to crush his lightsaber, but his bicep and shoulder are organic, so in an arm-wrestling contest (easiest example), Grievous would simply be stronger because all of his arm and shoulder is artificial.

Captain REX
The upper arm and shoulder he can strengthen with the Force, however. So, in addition to the tooled up lower arms being immensely strong, his upper arms are super-human in strength, as most Jedi can achieve.

Admiral Akbar
I bet Obi Wan powered himself with the force when he attempted to kick Grevious and he was still in pain.

Captain REX
Must be said, he's kicking metal, not trying to beat it at armwrestling...

Darth Vious
To be honest, I can't think of any examples in the movies of Jedi using feats of superhuman strength in lifting or forcing things.

Captain REX
It's mostly EU stuff, really.

Vader does pick up the guy in ANH, if that's relevant.

Darth Vious
He does, but that could also be through use of the Force to levitate the body, and this was said to be a contest of pure strength, not strength through use of the Force, which Grievous is unable to wield.

jollyjim311
I highly doubt that. Lucas probably (and most likely, I wouldn't know, I'm not in that crazy man's head) wanted to show that Vader was a badass and could lift a full grown man with one arm. It never says anywhere that he lifted him with the force, and I think it's safe to assume he didn't. Lucas probably would have made it more evident that he was using his powers if Vader actually was.

Admiral Akbar
Umm...lol who cant pick up a person with one hand.. I could grip my bro's neck and lift him up. And Vious is right, allowing Vader to use the force is putting GG to a disadvantage. In pure strength GG wins for sure.
With the force vader could use superhuman strength and mend his wounds/fatigue.

UltimateStryfe
vader's mechanics wheit him down more than anything.

darthsith19
1. Grievous - he was strong enough to smash but a big dent in the wall of a starfighter. Vader may be equally as strong but he couldn't carry the weight as easily for as long because he'd get tired.
2. Grievous, I'd say. Snapping someone's neck with one hand is impressive, but smashing a starfighter hull is more so.
3. One one hand? Vader wins since Grievous isn't used to fighting with one hand and might have never done it before - Vader consistently fights one handed.

Escape81
Originally posted by darthsith19
1. Grievous - he was strong enough to smash but a big dent in the wall of a starfighter. Vader may be equally as strong but he couldn't carry the weight as easily for as long because he'd get tired.
2. Grievous, I'd say. Snapping someone's neck with one hand is impressive, but smashing a starfighter hull is more so.
3. One one hand? Vader wins since Grievous isn't used to fighting with one hand and might have never done it before - Vader consistently fights one handed.

I agree with the same, and - I don't think that Grievous's one hand can overpower Vader's two.

Hokage Yoda
Originally posted by Captain REX
The upper arm and shoulder he can strengthen with the Force, however. So, in addition to the tooled up lower arms being immensely strong, his upper arms are super-human in strength, as most Jedi can achieve.
NO FORCE

Decay
grievous would probably win all of them.

1. grievous would be able to move faster and he wouldnt tire. vader would probably make it too but not as quickly.

2. grievous is supposedly 10 times stronger than a normal human in each arm (nonseperated), vaders big feat is lifting a guy up so lets say that takes 2 or 3 people to do. even with the force i dont think vader wins this, he could probably match grievous in grip, but the rest is done with organic muscle.

3. its not an actual fight, just both of them hammering at eachother using nothing but strength (as i understand it anyway). so grievous is stronger, and doesnt tire, he takes this also.

Kongu_Dude
Grievous!

Akira99
Vader would own his every time

Quinlan_Vos
1.) Grievous
2.) Grievous
3.) Vader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.