Okay, so what do you folks think about dating services?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

-Tired Hiker-
Do you think dating services are for losers? Or do you think they make sense for people who don't really have the time to go out to clubs and don't want to meet someone in a club anyway? What are your thoughts on this?

Soleran
Just go ahead and bypass the "dating" service get the hooker, less talk required for fun.

Bloigen
Only if the dating service is run by Bender.

SelphieT
Originally posted by Bloigen

hahahaha hell yes

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by Soleran
Just go ahead and bypass the "dating" service get the hooker, less talk required for fun.

But what if you want a long lasting relationship? Originally posted by Bloigen
Only if the dating service is run by Bender. What's Bender? confused

SelphieT
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
But what if you want a long lasting relationship? What's Bender? confused

Bender the robot from Futurama!

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by SelphieT
Bender the robot from Futurama!

Oh, I think I've seen that show once, I laughed my ass off. I'll have to rent those.

Bloigen
What's Bender? confused

http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~hansenk/bilder/futurama/bender2.jpg

-Tired Hiker-
http://www.fmi.uni-passau.de/~hansenk/bilder/futurama/bender2.jpg Yeah, he looks like he'd run a good dating service. yes

RedAlertv2
Bender is such a badass

DarkC
Hahahahaha!

-Tired Hiker-
Yeah, he's great. no expression

SelphieT
yeah, his dating service should include some beers to lighten up the mood

-Tired Hiker-
I'd take one of em' beers right now! Reminds me . . . *must buy more beers tonight*

DarkC
Reason I figured he was a pimp was because of the fur coat.

Bloigen
Originally posted by DarkC

Nah, he's not a pimp.

He's a bender.

He bends things. yes

SelphieT
Originally posted by DarkC

......laughing out loud

I love how obvious that was

SelphieT
Nah, he's not a pimp.

He's a bender.

He bends things. yes

he could bend things at 30 degree angles.....40 degree angles.........41.......

Bloigen
he could bend things at 30 degree angles.....40 degree angles.........41.......

He also can't have a magnet attached to him. no expression

-Tired Hiker-
So, is he really a bender? Like it that his robot job?? confused

SelphieT
So, is he really a bender? Like it that his robot job?? confused

haha yeah. Until he realized that all his bending skills were used for suicide booths..........

-Tired Hiker-
haha yeah. Until he realized that all his bending skills were used for suicide booths..........

Are you serious??? I gotta watch this show. eek!

Bloigen

Even though he used a suicide booth. no expression

SelphieT
Even though he used a suicide booth. no expression

hahaha yeah, then he explains that all to Fry.........then tries to go back to the suicide booth again big grin

-Tired Hiker-
So . . . . . . . okay then. I guess you all think dating services are okay. smile

s|m
laughing out loud
Hm, well dating services might be useful at desperate times... I guess.
It seems to be "the easy way".

Bloigen
So . . . . . . . okay then. I guess you all think dating services are okay. smile

What's that got to do with Bender? What the f**k?

Regret
Dating services pay good looking people to sit in their ads...The actual people using it? I think they are probably scary losers. What the f**k?

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by s|m
laughing out loud
Hm, well dating services might be useful at desperate times... I guess.
It seems to be "the easy way".

Well, I see it differently. It's never easy any way you look at it, dating. And since my method really isn't working or can even be considered a method, I think a dating service would open new doors for me, or my friend that is, my friend Jason. whistle

SelphieT
I have nothing against dating services. I guess I'm yay for them

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by Regret
Dating services pay good looking people to sit in their ads...The actual people using it? I think they are probably scary losers. What the f**k?

It depends. I'm not talking about an internet dating service, I'm talking about one where you have to go and meet the staff, they check your criminal history, do a video interview of you that other members can watch, and they do a photo spread as well. Then, only members who have joined in person, can get on the website and check out other members profiles. So it's good that it weeds out bad people, you know these people are single, you know they want to date, you know if they really have kids or not, so yeah, it's kind of an easy way out, but I think it's the smart way as well.

LanceWindu
Why am I suddenly reminded of Lowered Expectations from MadTV? laughing out loud

SelphieT
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Why am I suddenly reminded of Lowered Expectations from MadTV? laughing out loud

laughing out loud have you seen that one with Marilyn Manson? big grin

Regret
It depends. I'm not talking about an internet dating service, I'm talking about one where you have to go and meet the staff, they check your criminal history, do a video interview of you that other members can watch, and they do a photo spread as well. Then, only members who have joined in person, can get on the website and check out other members profiles. So it's good that it weeds out bad people, you know these people are single, you know they want to date, you know if they really have kids or not, so yeah, it's kind of an easy way out, but I think it's the smart way as well.

Kinda like that UPN black sitcom?

That type of thing might be decent.

ThePittman
Hey if it's works go for it.

tabby999

"Bender baby we love you"
"shutup baby i know it"

dating services are one of those weird things people never want to admit they're on, much like heroin. i can understand the appeal, i dont like going to clubs, which makes meeting women kinda difficult (well, more difficult i suppose) for me. and hookers are too damn expensive. welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to catch 22

Roulette
Originally posted by tabby999
"shutup baby i know it"

dating services are one of those weird things people never want to admit they're on, much like heroin. i can understand the appeal, i dont like going to clubs, which makes meeting women kinda difficult (well, more difficult i suppose) for me. and hookers are too damn expensive. welcome, ladies and gentlemen, to catch 22

laughing out loud

I agree with that. People are usually embarrassed to admit it.
I don't think anything's wrong with dating services...I mean, they seem a hell of a lot better than going into a random club & picking up some chick/dude for a one nighter.

tabby999
indeed. i dont drink all that much, i dont like dance music (oh god how i hate dance music) and when i go out, i dont want to be screaming over the noise to talk to my friends. the only time i've been able to go to a club was Deviate in bourke street, melbourne. killer metal club, at least i can enjoy the music as i'm being charged a kings ransom for a Canadian Club.

Bloigen
"shutup baby i know it"

laughing out loud

Vinny Valentine
Do you think dating services are for losers? Or do you think they make sense for people who don't really have the time to go out to clubs and don't want to meet someone in a club anyway? What are your thoughts on this?

Yes

Roulette
indeed. i dont drink all that much, i dont like dance music (oh god how i hate dance music) and when i go out, i dont want to be screaming over the noise to talk to my friends. the only time i've been able to go to a club was Deviate in bourke street, melbourne. killer metal club, at least i can enjoy the music as i'm being charged a kings ransom for a Canadian Club.

Haha...looks like we're on the same page here^^ I stay away from clubs for the same reasons as you do.

scarecrow088
hey ladys if ur in to the date service thing look me up video a/785 cool2

just playing i dont do date service things and my glasses look like thisgeek

redcaped
I heard the word service means bathroom in other countries.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.