Do Ghosts Exist?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

FistOfThe North
Well,..do they?

Pandemoniac
We once had a very extensive thread on ghosts here, which included both acclaimed proof and scepticism.

I'll see if I can find it somewhere

Alliance
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Well,..do they?

Your polls are nto exactyl groundbreaking and aren't really geared towards religion.

badabing
Ghosts are probably the manifestation of demons.

FistOfThe North
Originally posted by Alliance
Your polls are nto exactyl groundbreaking and aren't really geared towards religion.

Are you a mod in the making? If so, did I break any rules? And if so, I'll try to be more "groundbreaking" the next time around. But the word "ghost" is entrenched in religion everywhere, Ex: the Trinity -the father the son and the holy ghost.

And if I'm posting a thread on the existence of ghosts on a religious forum I obviously want to know what the writers on here think of the subject from a religious point of view, Mr. sir.

JesusIsAlive
Are you a mod in the making? If so, did I break any rules? And if so, I'll try to be more "groundbreaking" the next time around. But the word "ghost" is entrenched in religion everywhere, Ex: the Trinity -the father the son and the holy ghost.

And if I'm posting a thread on the existence of ghosts on a religious forum I obviously want to know what the writers on here think of the subject from a religious point of view, Mr. sir.

Ghosts are manifestations of evil spirits.

Darth Macabre
There are no such things as Ghosts.

JesusIsAlive
Yes, ghosts exists but they are actually demonic spirits.

Darth Macabre
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Yes, ghosts exists but they are actually demonic spirits.

Not in my opinion...They're just bedtime stories told by parents to keep their children in line.

JesusIsAlive
Well, they exist but the name ghost is a misnomer.

Alliance

no, I'm actually not a mod in training. I was simply stating that Since we already have a thread on whitchcraft etc, you could have combind the two. We dont need a simple poll or thread for every little question that crosses the mind.

Everything can be traced back to religion. But I feel you should be more specific. This thread could have as esily gone in the Philosophy forum or the OTF or the General Forum. Why here? You should have tried to tie it in more to religious concepts imo.

debbiejo
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Yes, ghosts exists but they are actually demonic spirits. No they're not...Can you prove they are???....Oh yeah, quote that book again... wink

Of course there are many things we don't understand, and ghosts can be one of them......especially since I believe energy cannot be destroyed. Where does it go??? There is also the possibility of other dimension's. There are also negatives and positives that exist....So you might be referring to some negative type energy as a demon, but in reality demons don't exist...

JesusIsAlive

Mrs.Smith
They either do exist or theres some weird explanation for the spooks i've had in some houses...

JesusIsAlive
Oh, yeah, I know what you are talking about. Yes, demons do exist.

debbiejo
Have you seen a demon???

JesusIsAlive

fini
U still did not answer her question.

HAVE YOU SEEN a demon?, with your own eyes?, EYES that god gave you to see . Eyes that are connected normally to ur brain, from which you made to think. NOT to copy and paste quotes and be completely closed to the world and its differences.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by fini
U still did not answer her question.

I just got done explaining what I believe and you want to write this?

Proverbs 14:7
Go from the presence of a foolish man (or woman), When you do not perceive in him (or her) the lips of knowledge

autumn dreams
JesusIsAlive: Jesus is not alive, he got hammered to a cross and bled to death. End of story.

Now, I believe ghosts exist. Like Melinda on Ghost Whisper says, 'Some peopel just can't cross over'. They have unfinished business.
There have many stories from peple who claim to have seen a ghost, and I believe them.

IMO, if you haven't seen a ghost, you can't say they don't exist.

JesusIsAlive

Nellinator
I know many people who claim have seen demons. They tell me that the spiritual gift known as the discernment of spirits allows those chosen by God to identify and sometimes see demons.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Nellinator
I know many people who claim have seen demons. They tell me that the spiritual gift known as the discernment of spirits allows those chosen by God to identify and sometimes see demons.

You are 1000% correct Nellinator!

smile I was going to say that too, that I know of people who have seen demons. People who have actually spoken to them and witnessed them first-hand but the unbelieves would just continute to ask for PROOF. Even if I showed them proof they would still deny it.

fini
Finally u speak without quoting some book and using some insight

BRAVO!!! keep it up

debbiejo
People see lots of thing. People see fairies and unicorns and centaurs....People can create what they see.

Alliance
I see dead people confused

debbiejo
That's ok, they won't hurt you........

I see stupid people........They're everywhere....

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by debbiejo

I see stupid people........They're everywhere....

I had that same problem so I bought some special glasses to filter them out of view. Granted, when I wear them I am legally blind, but I reckon that is a small price to pay.

fini
lol

Alliance
small price indeed. Wasn't there a myth about....oh yes....Oedipus.

Shakyamunison
Do Ghosts Exist?
NO roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
NO mad

Shakyamunison
NO mad

Don't be mad. stick out tongue

Alliance
madlaughingmad

Shakyamunison
madlaughingmad

Don't hurt yourself. laughing

Alliance
why?

BobbyD
Originally posted by debbiejo

I see stupid people........They're everywhere.... laughing laughing out loud

Deb, you.

Final Warrior
Originally posted by Nellinator

I'm sure it can be quite a frightening experience for the individual who possesses such a gift. But can you imagine how frightening of an experience it must be for the Demon?

Imagine if you asked a stranger for the time, and before the stranger could give it, an ant walked up to you and stated...

"Your time is up."

So I guess the more insignificant one thinks that you are, the more fearful they become when they realize you can understand them.

Nellinator
Fear is a sin according to the Bible. It is the opposite of faith. If one's faith is strong enough the demon will not frighten them. This gift can only be utilized in faith and Spirit so that fear is nothing to them. If God truly created the universe then 'whom shall fear'?

Alliance
Why do we need to live our lives in fear.

Nellinator
You don't.

Alliance
I don't.

MyOwnMuse
I used to have quite the obsession with all things paranormal: any book I could get my hands on that dealt with ghosts especially, I read. I've never considered ghosts to be necessarily demonic, and they aren't presented that way in all cultures.

And I must say, there are few things as exciting/creepy as sitting in an old building when it's quiet(which usually ends up being late at night) and listening to what sounds like footsteps either across the room, or on the floor above.

Alliance
Theres a term: figments of your imagination.

MyOwnMuse
Theres a term: figments of your imagination.

I'm not claiming that ghosts necessarily exist because I've heard a few things in some old building.

There are many terms. "Open to the possibility" is also one, and, on a personal level, I find it acceptable for certain situations.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.