Batman Begins vs Any Other Superhero Movie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Up In Flames
I, in all my honesty, believe that Batman Begins is truly the best heroic movie ever... the whole hero quest and the very fact that he is only human with human weaknesses added depth to the movie, which other superhero movies fail to accomplish...

is there anyone who thinks differently?

Sea King
Originally posted by Up In Flames
I, in all my honesty, believe that Batman Begins is truly the best heroic movie ever... the whole hero quest and the very fact that he is only human with human weaknesses added depth to the movie, which other superhero movies fail to accomplish...

i dont konw myself (idont like superman but i liked his movie)

but by human weakness what do you mean? cause that could be anything.

superman41082
Superman Returns!!!!!!!!!

Up In Flames
Originally posted by superman41082
Superman Returns!!!!!!!!!

the movie was okay, but it still doesnt compare to batman begins

Up In Flames
Originally posted by Sea King
i dont konw myself (idont like superman but i liked his movie)

but by human weakness what do you mean? cause that could be anything.

human weakness meaning he can be hurt, both physically and emotionally...

superman41082

Every comic character can be hurt physically and/or emotionally. Hey I love Batman, but I actually thought Bbegins wasn't up to par. It didn't get the whole aura of how I see him. I still of course like Superman better, but Batman is a distant second. Superman Returns was outstanding, and as far a comic movies, it's leagues ahead.....

HellMaster93
Hmm... Spawn! laughing

No, in all serious it's gotta be Daredevil: DC or maybe Batman Begins... tough choicer between those 2... and Spawn sucked. mad

grey fox
Sin City...

roughrider
In the class of greatness that Batman Begins is in, I would include Superman I, X-Men 2, and Spider Man 2.
Just below is X-Men, Batman, and Superman Returns (for now)

Sea King

well superman can get his feelings hurt cause he did on superman returns and he got stabed and he was hurt physically so superman had human weakness to smile

anyways is this confined to marvel and dc heros??

Scarecrow756
I think that V for Vendetta and Sin City are the only two comic book movies which I think matched Batman Begins. But Batman Begins still rules.

H. S. 6
Spider-Man movies. yes

Edward Nygma
I am a big Batman fan, but I thought V for Vendetta was better. Batman Begins has too many one liners.

Darth Martin
V for Vendetta vs Batman Begins

NiņoAraņa

judgin by this and not by how good the entire movie was? Punisher, he did have that human weakness/quest thing going on

wasn't the best movie but still laughing

Priest
spiderman 3

DigiMark007
As far as critical acclaim, Batman Begins is about as easily-defendable as any superhero movie. It did well financially and with critics and fans.

I'd cite maybe X2 or the Spider-Man films (possible Sin City though it wasn't quite my style), but BB is definitely as good as any of them.

roughrider
I was only thinking of comics with ongoing characters and adventures, super-powers etc. like Batman, Superman, X-Men etc.

If we include all comics-to-film adaptations, than it's V For Vendetta, Sin City, Ghost World, Road To Perdition etc. I think of them as a seperate category. With this thread, I thought we meant exclusively superhero films.

Up In Flames

redcaped
He did all that Batman can and more. People don't know the character...they expected more power from him. It is a nice start of a great trilogy.

Up In Flames
Originally posted by roughrider
In the class of greatness that Batman Begins is in, I would include Superman I, X-Men 2, and Spider Man 2.
Just below is X-Men, Batman, and Superman Returns (for now)

are you serious? spiderman 1 +2 were okay, but it doesnt even compare to batman begins, and x men 1,2+3 totaly sucked!

what batman begins has that no other movie has is depth. what i notice about movies like superman and spiderman (especially spiderman) is that it is always about a girl. i know batman sort of had a girlfriend in the movie, but it only lasted a small fraction of the story and he wasnt tripping all over himself trying to ask her out or get back together with her. and what can i say about x-men... the only bit that caught my interest was in the beginning of part 2 when nightcrawler was doing his thang in the white house. after that, the movie just failed to deliver anything more....

batman begins still stands at the top...

Up In Flames
Originally posted by HellMaster93
Hmm... Spawn! laughing

No, in all serious it's gotta be Daredevil: DC or maybe Batman Begins... tough choicer between those 2... and Spawn sucked. mad

daredevil? sick

Up In Flames
Originally posted by superman41082
Every comic character can be hurt physically and/or emotionally. Hey I love Batman, but I actually thought Bbegins wasn't up to par. It didn't get the whole aura of how I see him. I still of course like Superman better, but Batman is a distant second. Superman Returns was outstanding, and as far a comic movies, it's leagues ahead.....

other than kryptonite, supes has no weakness at all. he's the perfect superhero. i mean, dont get me wrong, he is a cool hero, but his perfection deems him undefeatable, yet he gets beaten by a mere human.

the fact that batman has no powers and that his enemies are the baddest in comic made the movie perfect.

tkitna
are you serious? spiderman 1 +2 were okay, but it doesnt even compare to batman begins, and x men 1,2+3 totaly sucked!

what batman begins has that no other movie has is depth. what i notice about movies like superman and spiderman (especially spiderman) is that it is always about a girl. i know batman sort of had a girlfriend in the movie, but it only lasted a small fraction of the story and he wasnt tripping all over himself trying to ask her out or get back together with her. and what can i say about x-men... the only bit that caught my interest was in the beginning of part 2 when nightcrawler was doing his thang in the white house. after that, the movie just failed to deliver anything more....

batman begins still stands at the top...

Are you serious? 'Batman Begins' was a decent movie and easily the best Batman movie, but i'm not seeing all the hype it gets. First off, the Scarecrow was poorly portrayed. I mean, do better than have some guy with no personaility carry a burlap sack in his briefcase. I mean, whats his inspiration. No character development with him at all. Weak.

Katie Holmes,,,,,,@#$%. Sorry, but she was a horrible casting choice for that part. Shallow again.

The fight scenes were nothing but a blur. I dont care if thats what they were supposed to be like or not,,,,let the viewers see what he was doing.

Sorry, no masterpiece here.

Spiderman 2 and X2 were easily superior in my opinion. Stronger stories and better character development (yeah Halle Berry sucked, but whats new).

Heck for this topic, i'll also take 'The Crow' over BB.

xmarksthespot
Sin City.

tkitna
Also Batman doesnt need a girlfriend,,,,,,he has Robin.

Up In Flames
Originally posted by tkitna
Katie Holmes,,,,,,@#$%. Sorry, but she was a horrible casting choice for that part. Shallow again.

you're right about that part i guess...

Osaka
Batman Begins was the only good batman movie I think and I really liked it. But superman has batman cakes for breakfast. big grin

Juntai
Batman Begins is the best comic adaption thus far.

Grimm22
Originally posted by Edward Nygma
I am a big Batman fan, but I thought V for Vendetta was better. Batman Begins has too many one liners.

Thats funny because V for Vendetta had even more one liners than Batman Begins laughing

Up In Flames
Originally posted by Juntai
Batman Begins is the best comic adaption thus far.

finally, someone agrees with me...

Up In Flames
Originally posted by Grimm22
Thats funny because V for Vendetta had even more one liners than Batman Begins laughing

yeah, the wachowski brothers just love dialogue in their movies...

Dinalfos
There's plenty of superhero movies that are better than BB, imo. Both Spiderman movies, Hulk, Hellboy, the first Blade, V For Vendetta, Unbreakable, Both X-men movies etc. Batman Begins is incredibly overrated.

Darth Martin
1.Unbreakable
2.V for Vendetta
3.Batman Begins, Blade 2, The Punisher.
4.Blade, Superman: The Movie, Superman 2.
5.Swamp Thing(original).
6.Superman Returns
7.X3
8.Spiderman 1 and 2.
9.X2
10.Spawn, Daredevil.

I have not seen Hellboy or Sin City.

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Darth Martin
1.Unbreakable
2.V for Vendetta
3.Batman Begins, Blade 2, The Punisher.
4.Blade, Superman: The Movie, Superman 2.
5.Swamp Thing(original).
6.Superman Returns
7.X3
8.Spiderman 1 and 2.
9.X2
10.Spawn, Daredevil.

I have not seen Hellboy or Sin City.

There is no way in hell X3 is better than X2. no

Darth Martin
IMO it was.

MattDay
superman returns is in the top 4, what a joke putting it below the names i read, do you know how much more succesful that film was than the crap fests you put there... uh hum blade for instance pulled in nearly fcuk all compared and superman underachieved too! god the ignorance

MrHeavySilence
Batman Begins IS still the best comic book movie of all time. Spiderman 2 would be second. Batman Begins and Spiderman 2 were the only three-dimensional movies with philosophical depth. These two flicks are the only superhero movies to be considered classic.

Blade has great action but bad acting. Same thing with Blade 2, but they upped the ante on action. Blade 3 was average. Daredevil has lackluster action and little content to back it up. Hulk tried to be too artistic and became a very passive/boring film. Punisher might be the worst comic book movie ever made; no wonder it failed at the box office. Nevermind, its Catwoman. Nevermind, its Elektra. X-Men 3 was an eyecandy pleaser but had too many plotholes to be taken seriously. I don't want to say Unbreakable is a bad movie because it tried really hard and exceeded in content, but the pacing was all wrong. V For Vendetta also had interesting content, but the pacing went all wrong; add to the fact that it was hard to care for Evey or V because they were so bland. Hellboy was good, but it a terrible climax. And it didn't help that he fought the same creature 3 times in a row.

Batman Begins and Spiderman 2 were smart movies, AND THEY WERE ACTUALLY GOOD. The cinematography, art direction, acting, charisma, story, pacing/rhythm, and intelligence- they're a league of their own. I never understood the people that put Batman Begins wayyy down on their list- I bet these are the same people that like Mortal Kombat and Alien versus Predator.

Grimm22
Batman Begins was not only a great comic-adaptation it was a great movie on its own yes

Also, in some ways it actually improved on Batman wink

Grimm22
Originally posted by Dinalfos
There's plenty of superhero movies that are better than BB, imo. Both Spiderman movies, Hulk, Hellboy, the first Blade, V For Vendetta, Unbreakable, Both X-men movies etc. Batman Begins is incredibly overrated.

V for Vendetta is overrated no expression

It was good but the original GN blows it away wink

BB wasnt overrated no

It was underrated if you ask me erm

Dr. Zaius
There should be no disagreement here. Batman Begins is easily the best. Nearly perfect in every respect.

Grimm22
other than kryptonite, supes has no weakness at all. he's the perfect superhero. i mean, dont get me wrong, he is a cool hero, but his perfection deems him undefeatable, yet he gets beaten by a mere human.

the fact that batman has no powers and that his enemies are the baddest in comic made the movie perfect.

Actually you are forgeting Magic and Red Sun Radiation no expression

DarthSidiouss
batman begins is by far the best movie based on a superhero. Spiderman movies sucked in my opinion. daredevil sucked. elektra sucked. x-men sucked (cept 3 was good) original superman was good. didnt see return of superman.. so yeah.. batman pretty much owns all of them

Grimm22
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
batman begins is by far the best movie based on a superhero. Spiderman movies sucked in my opinion. daredevil sucked. elektra sucked. x-men sucked (cept 3 was good) original superman was good. didnt see return of superman.. so yeah.. batman pretty much owns all of them

X2 >x10000 X3 no expression

jacobo0o
jay and silent bob strikes back
BLUNT MAN AND CHRONIC!!!!!

DarthSidiouss
hmm x3 was much better than x2..

Silverstein
for some reason i also thought x3 was better than x2. only cuz X2 was boring and dragged on and on. the fact that they had Beast could probably make it better too. lol

Darth Martin
Originally posted by DarthSidiouss
batman begins is by far the best movie based on a superhero. Spiderman movies sucked in my opinion. daredevil sucked. elektra sucked. x-men sucked (cept 3 was good) original superman was good. didnt see return of superman.. so yeah.. batman pretty much owns all of them V for Vendetta>Batman Begins as far as the movie thing goes. I have not seen Sin City.

Face
The original batman 89 was one of the best excellent acting X1/X2 had alot more action and story then X3.
Punisher beats both spidermans I think cause of the action Flash Gorden and the old Superman series are still classics.
One of the upcoming comic movies might just beat them all Ghostrider Spiderman 3 Wonderwomen or Ironman could top the charts

Up In Flames
Actually you are forgeting Magic and Red Sun Radiation no expression

oh... forget those ones i did. <speaking in yoda language>

Grimm22
Originally posted by Darth Martin
V for Vendetta>Batman Begins as far as the movie thing goes. I have not seen Sin City.

V for Vendetta would have been better if it was mure acurate to the GN rather than trying to make it an action film when it is cleary not no expression

ThePittman
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Spider-Man movies. yes thumb upthumb up

Dinalfos
V for Vendetta is overrated no expression

It was good but the original GN blows it away wink

BB wasnt overrated no

It was underrated if you ask me erm

VFV is actually incredibly underrated. But it will be more appreciated over time, I tell you. Although I do agree that it ain't no GN.

pr1983
X2 >x10000 X3 no expression

i disagree... but i dont like any of the x-men movies... erm

thought ratner was better than singer though...

brainchild81
Sin City's the best, then the Spidey flicks then everything else. X3 was horrible. Begins was good but the fights and Batvoice kept it from being great. S.Returns was boring crap. Punisher and DD are underrated. People should be shot for Elektra & Catwoman.

Flavio
i thought the title of this thread is a little bit egocentric stick out tongue
and for me, batman begins was awful. It might be the only movie ever that made my whole family either sleep or leave the room.
For me, X-men 2 is the best comic movie ever, closely followed by Sin City and Spiderman.

MattDay
it's all to your flavours isn't it, i mean some people said superman returns was boring, spiderman 2 was boring, saying blade is better than the rest, catwoman... well that did suck.

To me I enjoy almost every comic book film, I can see where a movie faults, ie. spiderman 2 had a lot of drag and run scenes (emotional scenes between parker and MJ) superman returns was 30 mins too long, batman begins had some blundered acting, but overall very good, I could always get something out of them, a reason films are so popular is because people consciously or subconsciously relate to the film.

Things to look forward too though, superman sequel, spiderman sequel, wonder woman, iron man, Thor movie... it's gonna be good

complexbrother
Spiderman is the best comc movie.

endrict
batman begins is the only superhero movie that is equal to spiderman or better, sincity is good too.

FOOM
KMC Society Member

"I think that V for Vendetta and Sin City are the only two comic book movies which I think matched Batman Begins." yes

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.