The where are they now thread?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RZA
So I got the idea to start this thread when I was watching 'True Lies' again the other day and saw Tia Carrera and immediately I wondered what the hell ever happened to her?

So that's basically how the thread works somebody wonders about an actor or actress that hasn't been seen in anything for awhile and maybe someone else will come along with an answer to their where abouts or not.

Valharu
Where the hell is David Duchovney? (I know that's wrong)
I know he's with Tea Leoni (lucky bugger) but other than that he's disappeared.

silver_tears
Originally posted by RZA
So I got the idea to start this thread when I was watching 'True Lies' again the other day and saw Tia Carrera and immediately I wondered what the hell ever happened to her?

So that's basically how the thread works somebody wonders about an actor or actress that hasn't been seen in anything for awhile and maybe someone else will come along with an answer to their where abouts or not.

She does a lot of voice acting for cartoons and such nowadays that relic hunter's over.

jaden101
not to be cynical but why not just look up IMDB to see what they are currently doing

Tia Carrere is currently filming some rubbish called dark honeymoon...a straight to dvd title if ever there was one

duchovny is doing a film called "the things we lost in the fire"

RZA
Originally posted by silver_tears
She does a lot of voice acting for cartoons and such nowadays that relic hunter's over.

Which cartoons? And what the hell is relic hunter?

hanxan
david also does dog food commercials. You don't see him it's just a voice over.

botankus
Originally posted by jaden101
not to be cynical but why not just look up IMDB to see what they are currently doing
I agree but maybe this thread can instigate some discussion about how they fell off the map. Could be interesting...unless the thread gets ignored and pushed to the next page, of course.

RZA
Originally posted by jaden101

Kinda defeats the purpose of this thread, not to mention the purpose of being on a board like this, don't ya think?

Isn't the whole purpose of being here to exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions about movies and movie stars and to create threads and topics of conversation that will encourage some healthy, interactive discussion along those lines.

No, but, I must agree, you're absolutely right. This is a complete waste of space. I should've just started another one of those, do you think this celebrity is hot or not thread? I think the Angelina Jolie one is about 300 pages long now, and we all know how much of a challenging response that requires.

Yep, you're right Botankus this thread will probably die like all the others, oh well, whatever.

botankus
I know many younger users have no idea who she is, but I heard recently that Anne Archer is going to make a "comeback" of sorts. She's 58, and just finished that "actress dead period" between ages 48-57 where you're too old to play the gorgeous bombshell but too young to play the grandmother. In 1987, even at the age of 40, I thought she was absolutely stunning in Fatal Attraction. Looks and acting...both.

jaden101
Originally posted by RZA
Kinda defeats the purpose of this thread, not to mention the purpose of being on a board like this, don't ya think?

Isn't the whole purpose of being here to exchange ideas, thoughts and opinions about movies and movie stars and to create threads and topics of conversation that will encourage some healthy, interactive discussion along those lines.

No, but, I must agree, you're absolutely right. This is a complete waste of space. I should've just started another one of those, do you think this celebrity is hot or not thread? I think the Angelina Jolie one is about 300 pages long now, and we all know how much of a challenging response that requires.

Yep, you're right Botankus this thread will probably die like all the others, oh well, whatever.

calm yourself little man... i'm only pointing it out...no need to go all flaky pastry about it

but all your thread seems to be doing is asking other people to go find out stuff that is easy to find out yourself

as for discussing the reasons why actors fall out of view...because Hollywood is a ***** just like the music industry...when many actors no longer become appealing to the opposite sex they are ditched

although this really only happens with actors who have no talent...ala duchovny and carerre

botankus
Anyone know why Eddie Murphy's been quiet recently? Does he have something big planned, or is he taking a break?

jaden101
Originally posted by botankus
Anyone know why Eddie Murphy's been quiet recently? Does he have something big planned, or is he taking a break?

beverly hills cop 4...produced by jerry bruckheimer and directed by tarantino...

yowser

big grin big grin big grin

http://www.thesun.co.uk/article/0,,2004580002-2005260401,00.html

botankus
At least Tarantino is someone who you'll never have to ask "where are they now?" Pretty soon you're going to see his name attached to vending machines and city buses.

"This toilet flush...presented by Quentin Tarantino."

RZA

You know, someone was asking me the same exact thing the other day. They kept wondering why he doesn't do anymore movies.

What was the last thing Eddie did, Dr. Dolittle 2?

I really hope for his sake that Beverly Hills cop thing is a joke. I don't see any reason to make another one, especially when the last one sucked ass. That series ran its course.

Anybody know if Pee Wee Herman will ever come back in anything significant? I think the last thing he did was Blow.

botankus
It looks like Eddie took off all of 2005 after Shrek 2. He did Daddy Day Care before that, too. On imdb.com, it looks like he's back with a few things. Beverly Hills Cop 4 isn't one of the listed ones.

Piggle Humsy
I heard a rumour that Eddie Murphy is dating Mel B from The Spice Girls...
Don't know if it was true or not...
"A close friend said they have been keeping it very secret but they are definitely a serious couple"

leftright

weird coupling if it is true...

botankus
I thought he was married?

Morning_Glory
must not be anymore messed

Quincy Archer
How about Edward Norton? I miss ol' Ed.

miram
Where is James Caviezel? It's like he dissapeard after playing Jesus?

RZA
What ever happened to Ingrid Rogers?

For those that don't remember her she played Stiffy..er..I mean Steffie in Carlito's Way.

Leggy_n_Merry
Originally posted by Quincy
How about Edward Norton? I miss ol' Ed.

He's in The Illusionist. He has three other films coming out too - 'The Painted Veil', 'Pride and Glory' and 'Motherless Brooklyn'.

Originally posted by miram
Where is James Caviezel? It's like he dissapeard after playing Jesus?

He has three films coming up - 'Unknown', 'Deja Vu' and 'The Yellow M'.

Leggy_n_Merry

He has five films coming up - 'Dreamgirls', 'Norbit', 'Shrek the Third' (I hope that's going to be good. I love Shrek 2; it's one of my favourite films, so hopefully this will be just as good, or better), 'Untitled Brett Ratner Project' and 'Untitled Eddie Murphy/Romeo and Juliet Project'.

Oops I was going to put this in the other post and then I pressed submit. So sorry for the double post.

Nichole
All the celebrities of yesteryear keep cropping up in all these 'Celebrity Reality' shows. Like they are even famous now.

I wonder what Alyssa Milano will do now Charmed is over? Probably crawl into a ditch and die. *hopes* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.