The fool has said in his/her heart there is no God

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive

Imperial_Samura

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
Because you're wrong?

debbiejo
And if you don't pray in Jesus' name???

JesusIsAlive

DigiMark007
Seriously, I don't even want to have a religious discussion with you. At all.

There's got to be some way other than a flippant quip/question and a Bible verse that you can converse with us lowly ungodly peons, right?

debbiejo

JesusIsAlive
But what do you base your knowledge on? Knowledge is based on something (facts, etc.)

debbiejo
Experience mixed with knowledge....looking at all the possiblities and seeing for ones self.

JesusIsAlive
Experience? What experience. You have not been to hell--yet--to affirm that it does not exist.

debbiejo
That's where someone needs to do a bit of reading and research....Hell is what you make it here and now......Not some place.

JesusIsAlive
Hell is a literal place. Jesus talked about hell being a literal place.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive
Hell is a literal place. Jesus talked about hell being a literal place.

But what do you base your knowledge on? Knowledge is based on something (facts, etc.)

Hmmm? Put those two together and think about them for a bit. And no, for the purposes of this discussion, Jesus saying something isn't 'proving' it. You can't prove it either way.

You can, however, show how the conception of hell, and even the idea of a Satan-figure opposite a svaior-figure, was in place long before Christianity, and how Christian conceptions of hell were heavily influenced by pagan underworld deities and the fear of death in general.

Personally, if hell exists, I'm pretty sure Pluto's down there by the river of forgetfulness waiting to chain my soul for eternity. That way, I'd at least get to chat with Odysseus and Orpheus and the like...it would be much more fun.

smile

JesusIsAlive
Jesus doesn,t have to prove anything and neither do I.

Templares

Why NOT? If you cant PROVE what you PREACH then you are NOT going to CONVINCE anyone to believe what youre saying.

Imperial_Samura
I tend to agree. I actually think it is asking alot, JesusisAlive, to expect people to believe in something with no proof. Quoting the bible is not proof - I could quote any number of holy texts from the Egyptians up to modern day cults. This is especially relevant when the bible is covered in the finger prints of man - a big chunk of it belongs to another religion that is at odds at times with Christianity, and in the rest there is stuff that is outdated, or downright right in the attitudes it presents.

Actions speak louder then words. The is a lot of proof that humans are responsible for themselves and the isn't some big other drifting about making up arbitrary rules. On the other hand I can't think of a single bit of evidence to support that drifting other.

Why is it so unreasonable to ask for something, anything, to actually prove such claims?

Regret

All things should be proved. Saul proved Christ, are you better that you don't need to?

debbiejo
If a person wants to do this by using scripture then there is the verses..."God helps them who helps themselves", "Faith alone is dead in it's self", "come let us reason together".................REASON? What, we should think??? Yes the scriptures have been edited by the church.

Adam and Eve thought for themselves.........Ponder that.

DigiMark007
Martin Luther was once quoted as saying: "You enter the kingdom through faith alone. But if faith is truly alone, it is not faith."

Paraphrased, but you get the idea. It requires more. Luther was referring here to the idea that with faith came good works, which are more advocated in some Christian sects than some when considering 'entry into heaven'. He also referred more than once to the use of reason in conjunction with the all-important faith. He certainly didn't advocate brainwashing via web-cartoons.

And if we are to interpret the spirit of the message as well, it implies that there is much more to religion than just our blind faith. And to have that alone is to be incomplete, either as a Christian or simply as a human being.

You don't seem to have any idea how to talk with us JesusisAlive....it would be interesting to see the surroundings in which you live and how you attempt to interact with the world around you. Either it's a very insulated community, or you have a horrible time of it.

But mostly, I'm just hoping (praying? lol) that you never get into public office somewhere or enter into a position of power....I get enough religion stuffed down my throat by the current politicians and people in my life, and would probably have to deport myself if I had to endure anymore.

Alliance
Originally posted by DigiMark007
But mostly, I'm just hoping (praying? lol) that you never get into public office somewhere or enter into a position of power....I get enough religion stuffed down my throat by the current politicians and people in my life, and would probably have to deport myself if I had to endure anymore.

Barak Obama has a great speech on this...you can get it from his podcast free on iTunes.

Nellinator
I don't understand how people can say that the scriptures have been edited. It has been claimed by many people on and off this website. However, it is completely unproven. The canonical New Testament that survives today were established during Paul's and the Peter' s time. This has been proven. It has been proven that the first Council of Nicea did not even call into question the canonical scripture because it had already been established in its present state for centuries. True research would confirm this for you, not the belief in someone person who claims that the scriptures have been changed because it is convient to your beliefs.

Alliance
This has not been proven. There are not records of what the scripture was at the time. The bible was translated from greek into many other languages repeatedly thoguhout centuries. The claim that it wasn't changed is rediculous. Anyone who does true research would know this.

Regret
Originally posted by Nellinator
I don't understand how people can say that the scriptures have been edited. It has been claimed by many people on and off this website. However, it is completely unproven. The canonical New Testament that survives today were established during Paul's and the Peter' s time. This has been proven. It has been proven that the first Council of Nicea did not even call into question the canonical scripture because it had already been established in its present state for centuries. True research would confirm this for you, not the belief in someone person who claims that the scriptures have been changed because it is convient to your beliefs.

There are many differing translations of the Bible, the original must not be clearly written. The Old Testament is different than the scripture of the Jew in many parts. There are differences. All the same, I believe that those claiming the editing are probably stating a fallacy, the majority of the error is in the interpretation. Many "truths" held by Christianity are ingrained interpretation and not necessarily accurate interpretation, let alone truth.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Regret
There are many differing translations of the Bible, the original must not be clearly written. The Old Testament is different than the scripture of the Jew in many parts. There are differences. All the same, I believe that those claiming the editing are probably stating a fallacy, the majority of the error is in the interpretation. Many "truths" held by Christianity are ingrained interpretation and not necessarily accurate interpretation, let alone truth.

I mostly agree with this.

Alliance
Then I don't feel you can mostly agree with "I don't understand how people can say that the scriptures have been edited."

Nellinator
I allow myself the ability to change my mind. Which may be a rarity on this forum.

Alliance
Allegedly.

Grimm22
If you ask me going to church and praying arent nessicary erm

I mean they arent bad things to do, but I think all you need to do is just to believe in god and jesus and be a good person and apologize to god for your sins no expression

Alliance
Most people who I consider intelligent do more with thier lives than simply believe. Nothing in life is a free ride (or close to one). If you want a ride, you have to ride the bull.

debbiejo
There IS something.............

Alliance
...just something you made up. wink

Regret
Dang sad I wanted that ride Debbie was talking about crybaby

Alliance
oh.

Regret
I do agree though, much of mainstream Christianity believes in a free ride. I don't believe in the free ride they suggest.

Alliance
AS I said...free rides don't exist

Regret
scootertanktomcatwheelchair

Some examples of rides...sorry, just had excuse to use them Happy Dance

Alliance
wheres the AT-TE?

Regret
Don't know the code for it crybaby

peejayd
"The fool hath said in his heart, There is no God. Corrupt are they, and have done abominable iniquity; There is none that doeth good."
Psalms 53:1

* if we will expound on this matter... the person here is not an atheist... the person knows there really is a God, but he said in his heart, there is no God, so that person is considered a fool... wink

Originally posted by debbiejo
Yes the scriptures have been edited by the church.

* nope... all the Catholic Church did was, compile and choose what books were to be included in the so-called canon... that's why the Gnostic Gospels were left behind, and the Apochrypha was spuriously included...

* yes, the Scriptures are translated in many languages, dialects and even have revisions by different translators... but if we go back to the original scrolls, we can find out what was really in the Scriptures...

* here are the verses which were spuriously added Mark 16:8-20, John 7:53-8:12, I John 5:7... other than that, the translators of Jehovah's Witnesses changed almost all "God"s and "Lord"s in the Bible to "Jehovah"... wink

Alliance
Don't know the code for it crybaby
nor do I

Regret
But, but, but.... Help me Alliance, you are my only hope... *shkrt* Help me Alliance, you are my only hope... *shkrt* H...

Alliance
laughing

debbiejo
There IS something.......It doesn't care either if care or not....

It told me so.... beer

Templares

Well there is this Secret Mark extracted from one of Clement of Alexandria's letters. Granted there is still a heap of controversy surrounding this baby (even though Clementine scholars overwhelmingly agree that its genuine) but then would you really expect zero-hoopla from a document that shows Jesus with homosexual tendencies.

debbiejo
I don't understand how people can say that the scriptures have been edited. It has been claimed by many people on and off this website. However, it is completely unproven. The canonical New Testament that survives today were established during Paul's and the Peter' s time. This has been proven. It has been proven that the first Council of Nicea did not even call into question the canonical scripture because it had already been established in its present state for centuries. True research would confirm this for you, not the belief in someone person who claims that the scriptures have been changed because it is convient to your beliefs. At the time of Constantine, all the different writings were gathered to prepare him his own bible, so to say. It was at this time that many were accepted and many were not. After this was decided the people who followed the other writings were persecuted and their scriptures burned...They were called heretics, Satan and deceived by the devil.

Alliance
If thats not enough for you Nellinator. Which version of the Bibile will you buy? because they're ALL different. The bible has been edited. And repeatedly.

Nellinator
At the time of Constantine, all the different writings were gathered to prepare him his own bible, so to say. It was at this time that many were accepted and many were not. After this was decided the people who followed the other writings were persecuted and their scriptures burned...They were called heretics, Satan and deceived by the devil.

I have seen you mention this event many times before debbiejo, but feel you need to know that it is horribly incorrect. The Council of Nicea that was held during Constantine's time was called for by Constantine, but Constantine was uninvolved. I not sure the exact number, but I believe there was around 70 topics discussed at the Council. However, I do know that none of these involved the canonical New Testament Scripture. Look up the rulings of the Nicean Council and see for yourself. The vote on the topic of Christ's divinity was 300 to 2. The leader of the 2 dissenters was Arrius and was excommunicated well after the Nicean Council for other heretical teachings. I did this research with a respected expert on the Nicean Council, Dr. Henry Trickey (he actually did a lot more than me), which hopefully shows that I'm not making this stuff up.

And other research I did is that Gnostic texts were burned and discredited because the church as early as 60 AD rejected the Gnostics as heretical by the Disciple John the Beloved (seen at the right hand of Jesus in the painting of the Last Supper) who was considered the highest authority in the church after Peter and Paul. It is evidenced in 1 John 4:1-2.

Do not believe every spirit, but test the spirits, whether they are of God; because many false prophets have gone out into the world. By this you know the Spirit of God: Every spirit that confesses that Jesus Christ has come in flesh is of God.

Gnostics were a Greek philosiphy twist on Christianity. Greek philosiphy stated that the spirit is good and the flesh is bad. They, therefore, believed that Jesus could only be a manifestation of the Spirit, not come in the flesh. This verse was written so that Christians would not let Gnostic teachers stay at their houses as was the custom amongst Christians to shelter teachers of the gospel. Gnostics actually are heretics according to the Bible (and so apparently are the idiot '99th generation descendants') and therefore the actions against them are in way justified, though the means may have been overly harsh.

debbiejo
Gnostics were persecuted well before 60 AD........and remember what was going on at the time....The Jewish Wars as was quoted by Josephus..and yet him and others didn't mention this Messiah (yet the 1 few sentences quoted and inserted).....And yet it was a turblent time........and everyone was suspect and evil..and at that time the word Satan was used quite alot for "enemy".....Others never mentioned Jesus as the Messiah......NEVER!!...........Not divine....it was at the council that HE WAS THOUGHT TO BE SO.

And Constantine was VERY evolved.
he order the texts sent and his Bishop..., can't remember his name as of now, was the real distorter to these texts...his name..hmmm Eusebius I think...
Now you have to think!! Why were the other writings so threating to the church in the first place? Were they worried?? Hmmm

peejayd
* just curious, ms.debbiejo... who is Jesus Christ in your belief? and, if the Bible is somewhat incorrect in your opinion, where did you get your belief in Jesus Christ, if in case, you believe there is a Christ?

debbiejo
I believe if Jesus was real then his message was like other great messages from other great teachers......It was to love each other...and NO I don't think he is the Messiah......

JesusIsAlive
I believe if Jesus was real then his message was like other great messages from other great teachers......It was to love each other...and NO I don't think he is the Messiah......

So, what you think is irrelevant Debbbiejo. The Bible--The Word of God--states that Jesus Christ IS the Messiah.

Templares
Yeah and the Mandaean Ginza states that Jesus is a False Messiah. Which one is telling the truth?

In addition, they have an unhealthy crush on John the Baptizer.

Imperial_Samura
So, what you think is irrelevant Debbbiejo. The Bible--The Word of God--states that Jesus Christ IS the Messiah.

Actually I think it is very relevant what Debbiejo thinks- The Bible was written by men, mere men, there is no little sticker attached to the front that says "Officially approved as God's word by the Office of Heaven." Really, to be able to claim it as God's word there needs to be some greater amount of evidence supporting the claim - otherwise what do we have? A book written by men who "claim" they were told by Jesus, and even if Jesus existed, then we only have his word - there were plenty of other people throughout history who claimed to have been sons of Gods after all, and we agree they were probably all false.

And remember - it took Constantine and his council to finally declare Jesus divine, and it was they who chose the gospels that would make up the Bible - what would have happened if some of the apocrypha had been included? Or the Gnostic gospels?

Alliance
and also remember, if it was such a wonderful divine inspiration, why was it written hundreds of years after Jesus "existed"

debbiejo
True, and if Jesus really wanted us to accept it as "he is god" I would think he would be making an appearance here and there.........It wouldn't be too tough for a god to do....He could have a temple and come down every so often...Just like was stated in the OT with the Ark of the Covenant.....It is said that god would make an appearance. Why hasn't Jesus made any appearances?

Alliance
He used up his nine lives.

JesusIsAlive
No comment.

debbiejo
Why?

MyOwnMuse

Anyone that truly wants to know if God exists can know but there is something that you must do first: you must--imperative necessity--humble yourself. This will probably eliminate 99 and 9/10 percent of those reading this thread.

You have so little faith in us. How, then, are we suppose to have faith in you, and, by association, your religion?

Imperial_Samura
Why?

He's probably off having to much fun in the holiday resorts of the Celestial court. Croquet in the morning with Set and Sol Invictus, yachting with Poseidon, moon lit suppers with Aphrodite before the late night limbo contests put on by Dionysus and Baal, where the wine flows till dawn while Mani and Mithra sing karaoke...

Alliance
laughing out loud I always liked Sol Invictus Mithras cult....it was exceedingly popular with the Roman military.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Alliance
laughing out loud I always liked Sol Invictus Mithras cult....it was exceedingly popular with the Roman military.

Same here. It is a shame they changed.

Alliance
Roman religon itself was amazing.

I just like the army. big grin

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by MyOwnMuse
You have so little faith in us. How, then, are we suppose to have faith in you, and, by association, your religion?

Please! Do not put your faith in me, put your faith in Jesus Christ for He is God in the flesh. Jesus died to redeem humanity from their sins. I never got on a rugged cross and shed my blood for you. You would be a fool to put your trust in me. I am not God, I am not your Savior. Make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior today. Just ask Him to, He is listening.

peejayd
True, and if Jesus really wanted us to accept it as "he is god" I would think he would be making an appearance here and there.........It wouldn't be too tough for a god to do....He could have a temple and come down every so often...Just like was stated in the OT with the Ark of the Covenant.....It is said that god would make an appearance. Why hasn't Jesus made any appearances?

* big difference in Old and New Testament... wink

Alliance
Please! Do not put your faith in me, put your faith in Jesus Christ for He is God in the flesh. Jesus died to redeem humanity from their sins. I never got on a rugged cross and shed my blood for you. You would be a fool to put your trust in me. I am not God, I am not your Savior. Make Jesus Christ your Lord and Savior today. Just ask Him to, He is listening.

you are a walking billboard against Christianity.

Dunhova
Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

JesusIsAlive ------------------- STOP wasting your time with these dogs
Jesus is Lord.

Alliance
laughing

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Dunhova
Mat 7:6 Give not that which is holy unto the dogs, neither cast ye your pearls before swine, lest they trample them under their feet, and turn again and rend you.

JesusIsAlive ------------------- STOP wasting your time with these dogs
Jesus is Lord.

I am done with Alliance this verse is talking about him precisely.

Alliance
The peopel who wrote the bible did such a wonderful job of covering all their bases?

Imperial_Samura
The peopel who wrote the bible did such a wonderful job of covering all their bases?

You should be thanklful it actually refers to you. When JesusIsAlive got annoyed with my questions he just told me to go away.

I guess I wasn't a big enough threat to Christianity to get a verse in the Bible.

debbiejo
Originally posted by peejayd
* big difference in Old and New Testament... wink Oh you must mean contradictory.......

Alliance
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
You should be thanklful it actually refers to you. When JesusIsAlive got annoyed with my questions he just told me to go away.

I guess I wasn't a big enough threat to Christianity to get a verse in the Bible.

Thanks for revealing the compliment laughing.

If I'm a threat...I must be speaking the truth.

Imperial_Samura
* big difference in Old and New Testament... wink

But... But.... The Bible is the word of God and true (despite rational and logical problems), so are you saying there are two different God? Or that God changes from Old Testament to New? Or are you in fact saying the old testament doesn't count (despite being God's word)? Or maybe you are suggesting something involving evil twins... wink

Roland
It's God's brother Jerry Christ. fear

I can't wait for the response I get from this post.

laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

IceDragon
But... But.... The Bible is the word of God and true (despite rational and logical problems), so are you saying there are two different God? Or that God changes from Old Testament to New? Or are you in fact saying the old testament doesn't count (despite being God's word)? Or maybe you are suggesting something involving evil twins... wink

um...the old testament does count. And there is not two gods. There is the father, and his son. The son became equal with the father.

debbiejo
Martin Luther saw something wrong was imprisoned.....and did make an was snuck out!! I remember'm right..........and yet he loveed the church and never though of deserving it...(god he whipped himself),..........Martin Luther never wanted to start a new religion just as others before him that discovered the, or some truth like Wycliffe(sp).they burned him soooooooo slow.........only for having a differenced of opinion........they burned him and said he was such (because why?...............he spike wat he thought was HIS truth) , that only after so many years dug him up and threw is asses in the river.........and all he was saying is"ANYTHINGS ARE NOT RIGHT".......HE PAINETD A SLOW DEATH............THE FIRES WERE NOT HOT ENOUGH TO KILL HIM QUICKLY.

Alliance
Originally posted by Roland
It's God's brother Jerry Christ. fear

I can't wait for the response I get from this post.

laughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughinglaughing

Someone's been watching too much Robin Williams

peejayd
Oh you must mean contradictory.......

there are contradictions... what are the contradictions? example: the word of Satan contradicts the word of God...

* word of God:

"But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil, thou shalt not eat of it: for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shalt surely die."
Genesis 2:17

* word of Satan:

"And the serpent said unto the woman, Ye shall not surely die:"
Genesis 3:4

* you see, there are contradictions because the wholeness of the Bible contains words of God, Christ, prophets, apostles, Satan, Pharisees, angels of God, demons, etc.

* but what is infallible?

"All the words of my mouth are in righteousness; there is nothing froward or perverse in them."
Proverbs 8:8

* the word/s from God... wink

* another contradiction came from different timelines: Patriarch, Mosaic and Christianity... take note the stubbornness of the Jews to adjust from Mosaic to Christianity... they always preach the law of Moses which was amended and revised perfectly by Christ...

* the Bible contains words of God, Christ, prophets, apostles, Satan, Pharisees, angels of God, demons, etc... not just the word of God...

* in the Old Testament, God sent prophets and spoke through them... in the New Testament, God sent Christ, His Son, Christ then laid down all God's commandments, and before coming back to the heavens, He told his apostles and disciples to teach all nations all doctrines Christ had given them... that's why the apostles wrote epistles... wink

Imperial_Samura
So... Are the Jews still God's chosen people?

And what were the primary changes Christianity made to Mosaic law - after all, that includes the ten commandments and God's attitudes to gay people, women and so on - Mosaic law being a big part of the black and white mentality of modern day Christians: How much should modern day Christians have abandoned of Mosaic law?

mattrab
Well the Mosaic Law was under the old covenant, and we are under the new one through faith, so to some extent we should not follow them as Christians

Roland
Someone's been watching too much Robin Williams

Yeah, yeah I have. embarrasment

peejayd

* not anymore... Christ said...

"Therefore say I unto you, The kingdom of God shall be taken away from you, and shall be given to a nation bringing forth the fruits thereof ."
Matthew 21:43

And what were the primary changes Christianity made to Mosaic law - after all, that includes the ten commandments

* i'll give you an example...

* law of Moses:

"Thou shalt not kill ."
Exodus 20:13

"Ye have heard that it was said to them of old time, Thou shalt not kill ; and whosoever shall kill shall be in danger of the judgment:"
Matthew 5:21

* law of Christ:

"But I say unto you, that every one who is angry with his brother shall be in danger of the judgment; and whosoever shall say to his brother, Raca, shall be in danger of the council; and whosoever shall say, Thou fool, shall be in danger of the hell of fire ."
Matthew 5:22

* hope you see the difference...

and God's attitudes to gay people, women and so on - Mosaic law being a big part of the black and white mentality of modern day Christians: How much should modern day Christians have abandoned of Mosaic law?

* practically, the New Testament contains revisions and amendments of Christ... we should stick with the law of Christ rather than that of Moses...

"And by him every one that believeth is justified from all things, from which ye could not be justified by the law of Moses ."
The Acts 13:39

* okay? wink

Regret

And what were the primary changes Christianity made to Mosaic law - after all, that includes the ten commandments and God's attitudes to gay people, women and so on - Mosaic law being a big part of the black and white mentality of modern day Christians: How much should modern day Christians have abandoned of Mosaic law?

Christs teachings are not a disavowing of Mosaic law. They are a clarification and, imo, a more difficult version of the same teachings. Mosaic dealt only with the act, Christ's deals with motivation, intent, and premeditation.

Following the teachings of Christ, one will not break Mosaic law. Therefore it does not conflict with Mosaic law.

Nellinator
The only thing that changed in the Law of Moses is that we can eat whatever we want without becoming 'unclean'.

Alliance
....and the sellgin your daughter into slavery....and wearing clothing made from two types of fabric....and treating mildew...and....

JesusIsAlive
Christs teachings are not a disavowing of Mosaic law. They are a clarification and, imo, a more difficult version of the same teachings. Mosaic dealt only with the act, Christ's deals with motivation, intent, and premeditation.

Following the teachings of Christ, one will not break Mosaic law. Therefore it does not conflict with Mosaic law.

The only LAW disciples of Christ (i.e., Christians) are under is the LAW OF LOVE because love is the fulfillment OF THE LAW OF MOSES. You see, you do not have to tell someone, 'Thou shalt not...because if you LOVED that person then you wouldn't steal from them, covet what they have, murder them, etc.

Romans 13:10
Love does no harm to a neighbor; therefore love is the fulfillment of the law.

Galatians 5:14
For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Shakyamunison
The only LAW disciples of Christ (i.e., Christians) are under is the LAW OF LOVE because love is the fulfillment OF THE LAW OF MOSES. You see, you do not have to tell someone, 'Thou shalt not...because if you LOVED that person then you wouldn't steal from them, covet what they have, murder them, etc.

For all the law is fulfilled in one word, even in this: “You shall love your neighbor as yourself.”

Not all Christains are good, some are evil.

Nellinator
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
Not all Christains are good, some are evil.

That does not change the truth though.
"Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2

The Christians must constantly strive to improve them themselves according to God's will and repent of their sins. As they grow closer to God and surrender themselves to His will, love will naturally become apart of them and will be evident to non-believers. This is God's will, but Christians are not always perfect and that is why they need God's grace.

Shakyamunison
That does not change the truth though.
"Through Christ Jesus the law of the Spirit of life set me free from the law of sin and death." Romans 8:2

The Christians must constantly strive to improve them themselves according to God's will and repent of their sins. As they grow closer to God and surrender themselves to His will, love will naturally become apart of them and will be evident to non-believers. This is God's will, but Christians are not always perfect and that is why they need God's grace.

I do not disagree with you, I am only pointing out to those who think contrary that some people who claim the title of Christian are in fact evil. There are some who arrogantly believe that all Christians are good and righteous, and that all others are evil. The truth is that all people can be good or evil depending on the actions they take. Because you are a Christian does not mean that you cannot do evil. So, we all should be humble for we are all in the same boat.

Nellinator
Yes, being humble is very important and even commanded by God. We can not enter heaven without humility. "I tell you the truth, unless, you change and become like little children, you never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3-4

Many Christians are evil and fail to recognize whom they are serving (God or themselves), but I think that maybe on Judgement Day God will forget them to as in Matthew 7:23.

Shakyamunison
Yes, being humble is very important and even commanded by God. We can not enter heaven without humility. "I tell you the truth, unless, you change and become like little children, you never enter the kingdom of heaven. Therefore, whoever humbles himself like child is the greatest in the kingdom of heaven." Matthew 18:3-4

Many Christians are evil and fail to recognize whom they are serving (God or themselves), but I think that maybe on Judgement Day God will forget them to as in Matthew 7:23.

Well, I am glad that you have said that. I wish you great happiness.

Regret

If a man follows these two commandments then he cannot break the law of the prophets. If you break any of the laws of the prophets you have broken at least one of these two.

Fulfilled in this verse does not mean brought to an end. It means "all the law is brought to actuality in one word, even this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself" or "all the law is carried out in one word, even in this: You shall love your neighbor as yourself." This does not end the need for obedience to the laws, Christ never taught that. Same can be said of Romans 13:10. Many Christians try to shirk the requirements the Bible places on them by misinterpreting these verses.

debbiejo
there are contradictions... what are the contradictions? According to scripture GOD CHANGES NOT! So, what's the whole thing with the Sabbath being changed, the change in what you can eat, what a person can wear, what women could and could not do ie preach, the feasts, from killing unbelievers in the OT to not killing them in the NT....etc.....

Nellinator
They killed some unbelievers. The ones that were stopping them from taking the promised land. They did not simply butcher innocent women and children every day because they were pagan. The Sabbath is a day of rest taken once a week. That has always been the truth. Women could preach in the OT, look at Deborah one of the best judges (ruler of Israel without an official office).

debbiejo
Yes, see the differences between the OT and NT...It's like a different god with how it ordered people what to do.....And of course I know about Deborah... happy

In the OT they did butcher innocent people along with stupid animals....what the heck did they do...eat grass and moo??.....what an awful sin.....Oh, and the Sabbath was never changed by Jesus...

Alliance
you can still kill people in the NT....look at homosexuals.

peejayd
I do not disagree with you, I am only pointing out to those who think contrary that some people who claim the title of Christian are in fact evil. There are some who arrogantly believe that all Christians are good and righteous, and that all others are evil. The truth is that all people can be good or evil depending on the actions they take. Because you are a Christian does not mean that you cannot do evil. So, we all should be humble for we are all in the same boat.

* even the holiest man sinneth...

"Surely there is not a righteous man upon earth, that doeth good, and sinneth not."
Ecclesiastes 7:20

* true Christians sinneth... sinners are far different from wicked and evil... wink

According to scripture GOD CHANGES NOT! So, what's the whole thing with the Sabbath being changed, the change in what you can eat, what a person can wear, what women could and could not do ie preach, the feasts, from killing unbelievers in the OT to not killing them in the NT....etc.....

* as we go on reading the New Testament, you will see this from Christ:

"Ye therefore shall be perfect, as your heavenly Father is perfect."
Matthew 5:48

* Christians strive to perfection as Christ commanded...

Yes, see the differences between the OT and NT...It's like a different god with how it ordered people what to do.....And of course I know about Deborah... happy

* let's see...

"Let a woman learn in quietness with all subjection.
But I permit not a woman to teach, nor to have dominion over a man, but to be in quietness."
I Timothy 2:11-12

"Let your women keep silence in the churches: for it is not permitted unto them to speak; but they are commanded to be under obedience, as also saith the law."
I Corinthians 14:34

* it does not say, "all women"... in fact:

"But I commend to you Phoebe, our sister, who is minister of the assembly which is in Cenchrea;"
The Romans 16:1
Darby Bible

"I have good things to say about Phoebe, who is a leader in the church at Cenchreae."
The Romans 16:1
Contemporary English Version

* do these verses contradict the first? nope...

"If any man speaketh in a tongue, let it be by two, or at the most three, and that in turn; and let one interpret:
But if there be no interpreter, let him keep silence in the church ; and let him speak to himself, and to God."
I Corinthians 14:27-28

* even men are commanded to keep silent if no one can interpret...

In the OT they did butcher innocent people along with stupid animals....what the heck did they do...eat grass and moo??.....what an awful sin.....Oh, and the Sabbath was never changed by Jesus...

* the law of Sabbath prohibits all concerned to do ANY kind of work...

"But the seventh day is a sabbath unto Jehovah thy God: in it thou shalt not do any work , thou, nor thy son, nor thy daughter, thy man-servant, nor thy maid-servant, nor thy cattle, nor thy stranger that is within thy gates:"
Exodus 20:10

* but Christ preached ON Sabbath... Christ broke the Sabbath and amended it...

So, what's the whole thing with the Sabbath being changed,

Oh, and the Sabbath was never changed by Jesus...

* i think you're just being stubborn... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Imperial_Samura
you can still kill people in the NT....look at homosexuals.

But homosexuals aren't human, they are abominations. Thus spake the Lord.

Alliance
Oh. Silly me! I forgot!

Nellinator
You all seem to think that Christians hate homosexuals. This is simply not true. God loves all people no matter what they do. However, God wants people to turn from their wicked ways (ie. lying, homosexuality, slander, etc.). Heterosexual liars are as guilty of sin as homosexuals. It is repentance that God desires. When Christians argue about what is sin it is not to condemn them, but rather to show them ways in which they can change to better please God. God wants EVERYONE to repentance for ALL have sinned.

Alliance
God wants slaves...plain and simple.

You all seem to think that Christians hate homosexuals.
This not true. CHristians like yourself hate homosexuals. You can't pull the lame "love the sinner, hate the sin" argument. YOu take the bible "literally." Homosxulaity is an abomination...like eating shellfish. Its beyond sin. Its punishible by death. No repentance necessary....homosexulaity is a one way ticket to hell in the bible's everpresent "literalism."

"wicked ways" Please. After the musical Wicked that word is so laced with political tones its rediculous.

And besides...you may claim that your "god" "loves" homosexuals....but you clearly don't.

Nellinator
But, I do. I want to see everyone of them in heaven. Just having repented of their homosexual sins. They are deserving of love. Just as love people who have lied to me, deceived me, betrayed me, attacked me, hurt me, or abandoned me. Homosexuality is sin, but homosexuals are not an abomination because they are still made in God's image.

Imperial_Samura
But, I do. I want to see everyone of them in heaven. Just having repented of their homosexual sins. They are deserving of love. Just as love people who have lied to me, deceived me, betrayed me, attacked me, hurt me, or abandoned me. Homosexuality is sin, but homosexuals are not an abomination because they are still made in God's image.

I don't think they are abominations. I think they they deserve equality and the right to live their lives. And somehow I don't think them just being homosexuals should put them in the group of people who have done you wrong but whom you love anyway.

But the Bible, which some seem to take as infallible, claims they are abominations. And besides, by some of the logic (or lack of) around the forum of late, by rights a gay person should be allowed to be homosexual up till just before their death, at which point they can repent and be saved!

And everybody is happy! The homosexuals get to live a full homosexual life, God gets to add their souls to his collection when they repent on their death bed... it's win win!

Alliance

You wan to see everyone be YOUR way. Thats the point. You only love them because you feel that you love can change them to YOUR way.

Thats wrong, imo. I also thing its wrong on a very core level.

Shakyamunison
You wan to see everyone be YOUR way. Thats the point. You only love them because you feel that you love can change them to YOUR way.

Thats wrong, imo. I also thing its wrong on a very core level.

Are you trying to get him to see everything your way? laughing

Alliance
Not specifically. I dont believe that EVERY belief is acceptable...but there is a very wide acceptable range.

Mostly it is this. To survive in my world, you need to figure out how to make common policy in the context of plurality.

This wolrd is about PLURALISM and you acceptacnce of it. Har-liners cant do that.

But its somewhat like one of those paradoxes....like can you hate haters?

Shakyamunison
Not specifically. I dont believe that EVERY belief is acceptable...but there is a very wide acceptable range.

Mostly it is this. To survive in my world, you need to figure out how to make common policy in the context of plurality.

This wolrd is about PLURALISM and you acceptacnce of it. Har-liners cant do that.

But its somewhat like one of those paradoxes....like can you hate haters?

confused

Alliance
mad FIGURE IT OUT!

Shakyamunison
mad FIGURE IT OUT!

I read it 3 times and... I do not have enough information to establish a frame of reference.

FeceMan
Rather than even try to participate in this trainwreck of an attempt at a thread, I'm just going to say this:

'Fool', in the Bible, is used to denote someone who is morally wayward rather than foolish.

Alliance
I read it 3 times and... I do not have enough information to establish a frame of reference.

laughing ok then

JesusIsAlive

Roland
No he doesn't, his way is Jesus' way. Christians are not here to propagate THEIR way. Our ONLY way is Jesus' way. We are here to present and disseminate the only true Way--Jesus Christ.

Do you even notice how hypocritical you are? no expression

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Roland
Do you even notice how hypocritical you are? no expression

Hypocritical? Explain.

Ushgarak
Aside from anything else, that was simple pedanticism. If you follow Jesus' way, then his way is your way, by any traditional use of language.

It is very poor to dispute such a point on such absurd technicalities, Jesusisalive. Please answer Alliance's point properly.

Roland
^ he just explained it

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Ushgarak
Aside from anything else, that was simple pedanticism. If you follow Jesus' way, then his way is your way, by any traditional use of language.

It is very poor to dispute such a point on such absurd technicalities, Jesusisalive. Please answer Alliance's point properly.

No thanks, I will leave that to other people. Alliance has crossed the line in my opinion as far as some things that he has said. I will not reply to any more of his posts. I hate to single him out like this.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Ushgarak

You're not picking on me are you Ushgarak, buddy ole' pal, friend to the bitter end?roll eyes (sarcastic)

Shakyamunison
No thanks, I will leave that to other people. Alliance has crossed the line in my opinion as far as some things that he has said. I will not reply to any more of his posts. I hate to single him out like this.

I am sad if people have mistreated you.

JesusIsAlive

It is NOT me that I am the least bit concerned about, it was his comment about the Holy Spirit. But God will forgive him because he said it in unbelief as it were (as an unsaved person). But I just believe that I have nothing more to say to Alliance, he appears to get his kicks from being disrespectful to me at every opportunity, and without provocation. But again, it was his remark about the Spirit of God that was the deciding vote for me to ignore any more of Alliance's posts. You can insult me, hate me, cuss me out, or what have you. But I just don't understand what the Holy Spirit had to do with anything in terms of Alliance making a truly blasphemous and irreverent comment about Him.

Imperial_Samura
I explained the point Alliance was making about the Holy Spirit. He was commenting on the contentious issue regarding how a holy trinity constitutes a monotheistic system. Monotheistic is a single divine being, where as polytheistic, synonymous usually with pagan, is more then one. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - now that is three. The question is then are they one in the same, and simply aspects of one another (and thus in the bounds of monotheistic) or are they separate entities (and thus would be considered by definition non mono, and thus polytheistic.)

Shakyamunison
It is NOT me that I am the least bit concerned about, it was his comment about the Holy Spirit. But God will forgive him because he said it in unbelief as it were (as an unsaved person). But I just believe that I have nothing more to say to Alliance, he appears to get his kicks from being disrespectful to me at every opportunity, and without provocation. But again, it was his remark about the Spirit of God that was the deciding vote for me to ignore any more of Alliance's posts. You can insult me, hate me, cuss me out, or what have you. But I just don't understand what the Holy Spirit had to do with anything in terms of Alliance making a truly blasphemous and irreverent comment about Him.

I understand but it was, IMO, meant to get your goat, and it did. big grin My point is, we can disagree, but I appreciate the fact that you are here, and I would hate to see you leave.

JesusIsAlive
I understand but it was, IMO, meant to get your goat, and it did. big grin My point is, we can disagree, but I appreciate the fact that you are here, and I would hate to see you leave.

Ditto. smile

JacopeX

JesusIsAlive
I explained the point Alliance was making about the Holy Spirit. He was commenting on the contentious issue regarding how a holy trinity constitutes a monotheistic system. Monotheistic is a single divine being, where as polytheistic, synonymous usually with pagan, is more then one. The Father, the Son and the Holy Spirit - now that is three. The question is then are they one in the same, and simply aspects of one another (and thus in the bounds of monotheistic) or are they separate entities (and thus would be considered by definition non mono, and thus polytheistic.)

Let me ask you this Imperial_Samura: hyrodgen and oxygen (or more accurately, h2O) form what?

Water right?

But water has more than one manifestation right? Water can take the form of a liquid, solid, or gas, but it remains water right?

Well, using the analogy of water (which I find to be crude and inadequate to describe the ONENESS of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) God is one but manifested in three Persons. They are ALL GOD (or divine). They all occupy the Godhead (deity) simultaneously, and equally in terms of power, intelligence/knowledge/wisdom, and ubiquity (everywhere at the same time). Yet, they are distinct in terms of how they manifest themselves.

Shakyamunison
Let me ask you this Imperial_Samura: hyrodgen and oxygen (or more accurately, h2O) form what?

Water right?

But water has more than one manifestation right? Water can take the form of a liquid, solid, or gas, but it remains water right?

Well, using the analogy of water (which I find to be crude and inadequate to describe the ONENESS of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) God is one but manifested in three Persons. They are ALL GOD (or divine). They all occupy the Godhead (deity) simultaneously, and equally in terms of power, intelligence/knowledge/wisdom, and ubiquity (everywhere at the same time). Yet, they are distinct in terms of how they manifest themselves.

What about the 4th state of matter, plasma? laughing

Imperial_Samura

Water right?

There you go then - that is your stance on the question of the trinity. Other Christians might feel differently differently, it is a issue, many believe like you, many don't. I myself wasn't making a judgement either way, merely offering a degree of commentary on the issue as a whole in relation to it cropping up in this thread.

Regret
There you go then - that is your stance on the question of the trinity. Other Christians might feel differently differently, it is a issue, many believe like you, many don't. I myself wasn't making a judgement either way, merely offering a degree of commentary on the issue as a whole in relation to it cropping up in this thread.

There is a strong disagreement on the subject, and it is a very minor group that believe that they are separate entities. And the majority of Christianity has made the decision that those of us that believe that they are separate entities are not considered Christian according to their view of the subject. We could be considered polytheistic in that we believe that more than one God exist (but we only worship the Father, with Christ acting as advocate.) Christians that believe as JIA cannot in any way be considered to believe polytheistically.

peejayd
Well, using the analogy of water (which I find to be crude and inadequate to describe the ONENESS of the Father, Son, and Holy Spirit) God is one but manifested in three Persons. They are ALL GOD (or divine). They all occupy the Godhead (deity) simultaneously, and equally in terms of power, intelligence/knowledge/wisdom,

* i believe there is a Godhead as stated in the Bible, but They are not equal...

"Ye heard how I said to you, I go away, and I come unto you. If ye loved me, ye would have rejoiced, because I go unto the Father: for the Father is greater than I ."
John 14:28

* Christ said, "... the Father is greater than I", They are not equal...

and ubiquity (everywhere at the same time). Yet, they are distinct in terms of how they manifest themselves.

* the Godhead are NOT everywhere at the same time...

"These things spake Jesus; and lifting up his eyes to heaven, he said, Father , the hour is come; glorify thy Son, that the son may glorify thee:"
John 17:1

"After this manner therefore pray ye. Our Father who art in heaven , Hallowed be thy name."
Matthew 6:9

* the Father is in the heavens... not everywhere...

"Now it came to pass, when all the people were baptized, that, Jesus also having been baptized , and praying, the heaven was opened,
And the Holy Spirit descended in a bodily form, as a dove, upon him, and a voice came out of heaven , Thou art my beloved Son; in thee I am well pleased."
Luke 3:21-22

* Jesus was being baptized, the Holy Spirit descended from heaven and the Father spoke from the heavens... They are in three different places in the same time...

* you know what had ubiquity?

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place , beholding the evil and the good."
Proverbs 15:3

* the eyes/sight of God... wink

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
JIA has started to use the fiery red text of GOD fear

peejayd
* i beg to disagree, the reason why it is impossible for the Father to lie is because He really CANNOT do so...

"In hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before times eternal;"
Titus 1:2

* it does NOT say - "God who does not lie" or "God who chooses not to lie"... the Bible says "God who CANNOT lie"... the Father is incapable of lying...

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, neither shadow that is cast by turning."
James 1:17

* and God stayed, stays and forever will stay that way because He also CANNOT change...

"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."
Psalms 100:5

* His truth endureth to all generations...

* the Father is still greater than Christ...

"For in him dwelleth all the fulness of the Godhead bodily,"
Colossians 2:9

* eventhough Christ was in a human body here on earth, the fullness of Godhead dwelleth in Him bodily... my argument still stands, the Father is greater than Christ...

* OMNI means all, it's absolute... contrary to your belief, the verse also states the Spirit of God dwelleth to those brethren in the Church in Corinth, therefore, the Spirit of God does NOT dwell to those people outside the Church...

* another contrary to your belief, Christ does NOT indwells to all non-believers...

* no problem about that, i did not say the Godhead is limited by time or space...

* it was figuratively written...

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Keeping watch upon the evil and the good."

* the eyes/sight of God IS omnipresent, not God Himself... He can see everything...

* Colossians 2:9, Christ is still a God when He walked on earth, the human body is only a vehicle for flesh, blood and bones needed to be preached for everlasting life, spiritually...

* one in what?

"And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are."
John 17:11

* united as one... not one entity...

* equal in what?

"Christ was truly God. But he did not try to remain equal with God."
Philippians 2:6

* They are both Gods - the Father is God, the Son is God...

* i don't know what you are trying to point out here, but these are the grounds of Jesus' death:

"For this cause therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only brake the sabbath, but also called God his own Father, making himself equal with God."
John 5:18

"The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."
John 10:33

* the Father and Christ are one, NOT because They are literally one entity but They are united as one and They are both Gods...

"Furthermore, we had the fathers of our flesh to chasten us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"
Hebrews 12:9

* the Father is the Father of Spirits, the Holy Spirit is also of God...

"And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, in whom ye were sealed unto the day of redemption."
Ephesians 4:30

* the Godhead are united as one, but not equal... wink

JesusIsAlive
* i beg to disagree, the reason why it is impossible for the Father to lie is because He really CANNOT do so...

"In hope of eternal life, which God, who cannot lie, promised before times eternal;"

* it does NOT say - "God who does not lie" or "God who chooses not to lie"... the Bible says "God who CANNOT lie"... the Father is incapable of lying...

"Every good gift and every perfect gift is from above, coming down from the Father of lights, with whom can be no variation, neither shadow that is cast by turning."

* and God stayed, stays and forever will stay that way because He also CANNOT change...

"For the LORD is good; his mercy is everlasting; and his truth endureth to all generations."

* eventhough Christ was in a human body here on earth, the fullness of Godhead dwelleth in Him bodily... my argument still stands, the Father is greater than Christ...

* OMNI means all, it's absolute... contrary to your belief, the verse also states the Spirit of God dwelleth to those brethren in the Church in Corinth, therefore, the Spirit of God does NOT dwell to those people outside the Church...

* another contrary to your belief, Christ does NOT indwells to all non-believers...

* no problem about that, i did not say the Godhead is limited by time or space...

"The eyes of the LORD are in every place, Keeping watch upon the evil and the good."

* the eyes/sight of God IS omnipresent, not God Himself... He can see everything...

* Colossians 2:9, Christ is still a God when He walked on earth, the human body is only a vehicle for flesh, blood and bones needed to be preached for everlasting life, spiritually...

* one in what?

"And I am no more in the world, and these are in the world, and I come to thee. Holy Father, keep them in thy name which thou hast given me, that they may be one, even as we are."

* equal in what?

* i don't know what you are trying to point out here, but these are the grounds of Jesus' death:

"For this cause therefore the Jews sought the more to kill him, because he not only brake the sabbath, but also called God his own Father, making himself equal with God."

"The Jews answered him, For a good work we stone thee not, but for blasphemy; and because that thou, being a man, makest thyself God."

* the Father and Christ are one, NOT because They are literally one entity but They are united as one and They are both Gods...

"Furthermore, we had the fathers of our flesh to chasten us, and we gave them reverence: shall we not much rather be in subjection unto the Father of spirits, and live?"

"And grieve not the Holy Spirit of God, in whom ye were sealed unto the day of redemption."

The only thing that God CANNOT do is violate His Word (i.e., contradict His Word, but again these are limitations that are self-imposed). God can do whatever He good well pleases. Who is going to stop Him? There is no one greater than God.

JesusIsAlive

* one in what?

* equal in what?

No offense Peejayd but I have a difficult time responding to your posts because of the many spelling and grammatical errors. I do not understand what you are trying to say.

Regret
The only thing that God CANNOT do is violate His Word (i.e., contradict His Word, but again these are limitations that are self-imposed). God can do whatever He good well pleases. Who is going to stop Him? There is no one greater than God.

God's nature will stop him. He is God and must behave as such.

Alliance
If you believe god is such.

Regret
No matter the belief in God, if there is belief as to what he is then there is a nature to that. Whatever that may be is the limit to how he will behave.

Atheists do not believe in God, so perhaps they are the ones that place the least limit on his behavior?

Alliance
I thought there were already limits on the decent behaviour of human beings.

JesusIsAlive

Really, you don't have to worry about me. I am good. smile

Alliance
Even though that qupte came from nowhere. You certainly are deserving of the mistreatment JIA.

Imperial_Samura
JIA has started to use the fiery red text of GOD fear

But he offsets it with the beneficent blue text of Christ, which demonstrates his mercy... or something.

Shaky posted that a whole page ago and you responded then... why are you doing it again? It isn't like he posted it a second time.

Alliance
Shaky posted that a whole page ago and you responded then... why are you doing it again? It isn't like he posted it a second time.
Lack of anything else important to say.

Shakyamunison

Yes, but I am worried that your faith is week, and you will not last long.

Alliance
Dont make him repost it again.

Nellinator
It is apparent that the Holy Spirit is equated to the Spirit of God many times in the Bible. Jesus was full of the Holy Spirit. Therefore, he was God in flesh.
Isaiah 9:6 "To us a child is born...Wonderful Counselor, MIGHTY GOD, EVERLASTING FATHER, Prince of Peace." Jesus as a fulfillment of the scriptures is the Father (aka the Holy Spirit) in flesh. Alos, the OT consistently calls God the Holy One and has prophecies concerning Jesus calling Jesus the Holy One as well. They are the one and the same. This is what the Bible says. Now, Jesus calls the Father greater and prays to Him for several reasons. One is that Jesus faces the temptations of the flesh (which makes him weaker) so he prays to God in Heaven (the pureness of the Holy Spirit) for strength in overcoming temptation (an example we should all follow). It is important to note that through prayer and faith Jesus is able to overcome the flesh (and we can to!!).

debbiejo
JIA has started to use the fiery red text of GOD fear I'm scared....cry

*waits for rainbow colors*

BTW, I've been good for a long time.... wink

Alliance

I was born right the first time.

peejayd

* read Titus 1:2, God CANNOT lie, not because He chooses not to, but because He is incapable of lying...

No offense Peejayd but I have a difficult time responding to your posts because of the many spelling and grammatical errors. I do not understand what you are trying to say.

* what? confused

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>