The Dark Knight Discussion (Use Spoiler Tags)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NoFate007
So apparently, according to Michael Caine, we're getting The Joker in the sequel.

http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=4479

Darth Martin
Any confirmations on who will play Joker tho?

NoFate007
Not yet. So far everybody's been rumored ranging from Mark Hamill to Vincent Cassel to Crispin Glover.

KingAdRock
I would not like Mark Hamil to be playing The Joker. It just wouldn't seem right. I can only see Jack Nicholson playing him, because he was the original Joker and it just seemed perfect.

Silverstein
the worst rumours were Robin Williams and Steve Carrell

the only Joker that i and probably most people consider original is the one from the animated series

NoFate007
I've heard some even worse rumors, like Jake Gyllenhaal - no he's not Joker, and no he's not Dent. He'd suck at both lol. I hate the idea of Paul Bettany too.

H. S. 6
I heard a rumor about Jim Carrey.

That would be pretty cool.

Rafkins_Warning
I'm on board for Crispin Glover and Paul Bettany... though I hear they don't want Paul Bettany cuz he's played too many "creepy villains" lately... I mean the guy has played only 3 or 4 in his whole career I think... let him be the Joker!

But yeah... Crispin Glover would be good too... I didn't like the idea at first then I thought about it and he would make a perfect Joker, although I think he would have made a better Scarecrow... but I would never get rid of Cillian though, he was just too good in Begins! A bit short... but still, his acting was great, doesn't matter that Katie Holmes was taller than him, LOL!

braz
Jake Gyllenhaal, Joker???!?!, TWO FACE?!?!? sick sick sick sick

HellMaster93
ROFL... I know. Bettany would be a good CREEPY Joker...

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by HellMaster93
ROFL... I know. Bettany would be a good CREEPY Joker...

That he would... I really hope they don't use the old "He's played the villain too much!" excuse and talk them out of considering him.

NoFate007
I don't think Bettany would be a good Joker. He's creepy, but I don't think he fits. And yeah, sadly I've heard Gyllenhaal before. Puke indeed. The guy's an alright actor but he totally should not be either one of those roles.

Rafkins_Warning
I agree that Jake Gyllenhaal would not be right for either Two-Face or the Joker... what are they seriously thinking by even suggesting him!

NoFate007
Its most likely the same people that suggest Vin Diesel and The Rock for 9/10 characters.

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by NoFate007
Its most likely the same people that suggest Vin Diesel and The Rock for 9/10 characters.

Those idiots! Probably Goyer... he's behind most of the dumb activities related with comic book movies!

Silverstein
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I heard a rumor about Jim Carrey.

That would be pretty cool.

are you serious?

he was a bad enough Riddler. and his physical acting is a bit now: really old...

Rafkins_Warning
No way they'll make him Joker, he's already been in a Bats movie... and besides, I think Nolan is trying to stray away from the memory of Schumacher's Batman films... I know I would if I was a filmmaker!

woody82
HEard rumours near the start that Justin Timberlake was to be the Joker.

And before anyone says here someone who i feel would fit the role.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/pressoffice/images/bank/programmes_tv/ent/ross/300chicotime.jpg

He'd fit the role he's crazy, funny at times and well fit for the role, as for jim Carrey not too sure as he wasn't the best ever riddler.

HellMaster93
Who is that? and Timberlake was rumoured for Two Face, not Joker... sad

Darth Macabre
Lachy Hulme or Crispin Glover would be my choices...Although Bettany would be decent as well.

As for Dent, I'd go with either Guy Pearce or Josh Lucas...Hugh Jackman seems to be in the lead for the role, but he's to memorable as Wolverine imo.

NoFate007
For Dent, I'd go with Guy or Liev.

sithsaber408
Joker could be Hugh Laurie, from House as others have said.

I could see him doing something great with the role.

Alec Brood
I hope he will bring his painkillers with him.

sithsaber408
Or Hugo Weaving, as others have also mentioned.

He'd be a good Joker.

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Alec Brood
I hope he will bring his painkillers with him.

Hahahaha! Indeed!

And I'd love to see Liev Schreiber as Dent and either Paul Bettany, Crispin Glover or Lachy Hulme would be good for Joker.

vvvrulz
I don't know what the big deal about Crispin Glover is, how has he proved himself to be worthy of the role?

I'm stuck on ideas as to who would actually fit the role anyway, Jim Carrey would just overdo it.

woody82
Well Carrey did do good as The Mask and well as the Joker would it work?

WrathfulDwarf
We will make this note thread for the discussion. big grin

chase el
Adrian Brody is the best joker! has the big nose. big ass wierd twisted smile. He can play the role of someone crazy (SOS, The Village). Hes the joker!

And two face should be the Mathew McConaughey. Hes a great actor capable of many roles.

Brody and McConaughey are both heart throb, brilliant actors who look the part.

HellMaster93
Who's McLongNameGuy?

NoFate007
Yay I got a note thread lol.

I'd like to see Brody take the role, but I haven't heard it from any interviews or anything yet.

smiley8
But brody seems too nicey nicey!

HellMaster93
I agree there, S8!

NoFate007
Well look at Hamill. He's a really nice guy but he's done the best Joker so far.

HellMaster93
He doesnt look Joker-ish though!!!

Alec Brood
Could Batman really beat a Jedi Clown?

Kelly Renee
Tim Roth! smile

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by Kelly Renee
Tim Roth! smile

Ooh... that is a good idea... he makes a good villain, but could he pull off the Joker, that is the question...

vvvrulz
Tim Roth, I actually second that.

What about banana-head Quentin Tarantino? Haha now that would be weird.

chase el
Adrian Brody is Joker im telling you! Put some white makeup and red lips and green hair. He looks liek the Joker. And Mathew MsConaughey is the guy from how to lose a guy in 10 days and "Two for the Money"(some irony there). He should be two face. Harvey dent is a ripped, good looking detective til he gets messed up in the acid. The same acid the joker ... aka red hood jumps in to escape batman. Im sure thats how itll play out in the movie.

NoFate007
Just cause I'm bored, I'm gonna try to do a manip of Brody cause I think he looks good for the role as well.

NoFate007
Though I'm bored, I'm also lazy, lol, so these aren't the best that they could be.

NoFate007
Same story.

NoFate007
Here's a Sam Rockwell too

woody82
Isnt the first pic Sean Penn? He wouldn;t fit the role not crazxy enough i still feel tough it would be possible to get the joker from the first batman film to do it, Nichlson

HellMaster93
Nicholson's overrated and in his 60s now!!!!

NoFate007
First two pics are Brody, second is Sam Rockwell. I was too lazy to search all the way through Google for like the best pics and everything lol.

Face
The first batman was great still a classic the new one is more advanced and I hoped for Catwomen being he baddy rather then Joker and his humuorosy

HellMaster93
Humuorosy? Eh...? And Joker WILL bee a villain, Cain confirmed it...

chase el
Though I'm bored, I'm also lazy, lol, so these aren't the best that they could be.

Great pictures NoFate007. Brody definately fits the role

HellMaster93
I agree... you'regood with Photoshop or whatever it is...

NoFate007
Good old photoshop.

woody82
Well Nicholson over rated he was the best joker but i suppose this is a new series of films and people should look to them as such not try and compare them, as well Batman was great, the second one was great and then the third and gfourth became family style films removing the horror side.

Now the horrorish side is back and great, Brody looks a good choice not seen his films or i'm unaware of him being in them...

NoFate007
Judging purely by look, I'd like to have Vincent Cassel play Joker, but I haven't seen any films he's in so I don't know what his acting range is.

Rafkins_Warning

Hmmm... Brody does look good in the part...

Here's a Sam Rockwell too

Sam Rockwell though...... no. no

NoFate007
If they ever decide to put Nygma in it (though I highly doubt that they will, just because there are bigger villains they can do and he's not small enough for a tiny cameo), I think by far the best choice for him is Edward Norton...hands down.

chase el
norton is a good choice i agree. he has that twisted look about him, but i dont think they can afford his 10 mil per film price. Hes too good, and if they have Christian Bale (maybe Adrian Brody), plus whoever plays two face will definately have a part in the 3rd chapter, they cant afford Norton.

Honestly, i like Ed Harris. Great actor, looks the part

chase el
or hugo weaving, another great actor that looks the part

HellMaster93
Weaving's not exactly cheap... though he has awesome range. He'd suck as Two face though... Harv's supposed to be Bruce's age and handsome etc...

exanda kane
Get some old weird looking dude like Phillip Seymor Hoffman for it.
Hugo Weaving would be spilling too much into his Matrix role with the joker.
Bettany would be good in that in that role I feel.

Btw, I know practically nothing about the Batman from the comics, I've not until recently been a DC fan, so Dent is blank for me.

HellMaster93
eek! Get the Long Halloween... yes

Silverstein
Originally posted by exanda kane
Get some old weird looking dude like Phillip Seymor Hoffman for it.
Hugo Weaving would be spilling too much into his Matrix role with the joker.
Bettany would be good in that in that role I feel.

Btw, I know practically nothing about the Batman from the comics, I've not until recently been a DC fan, so Dent is blank for me.

i heard that Bettany guy wants to stay away from villainous roles since he has played a lot of villains lately.

and i dont know why people even bother mentioning people like Sam Rockwell, Robin Willaims, Steve Carrell, Jim Carey laughing

chase el
I meant Ed Harris or Hugo Weaving for the Riddler.

Maybe Josh Hartnett for 2 face. He looks like Tommy Lee Jones. That movie might have been bad but Tommy Lee Jones did a good job. Hartnett is a great actor

braz
^ adrian brody i think is brilliant for the joker. i never even thought of that. fits it almost perfect. but idunno about josh hartnett for two face. erm

NoFate007
I think Tommy Lee Jones was terrible. Two-Face shouldn't be cracking jokes and flipping his coin until he gets the result he wants...just like how Riddler should've been intelligent instead of going "joygasm!!" lol.

smiley8
I just want to see nolans interpretation of many of the bat villains. His vision is so real to batman and i want to see characters like riddler , joker, 2-face and catwoman getting the nolan treatment. Obviously not all at once! smile

NoFate007
http://www.superherohype.com/news/batmannews.php?id=4518

Heath Ledger...as the Joker....?????

Man I hope this is a joke lol.

TheFilmProphet
Physically he's not what I envision as the Joker. wink

smiley8
The joker cant be someone who's got a normal face, if u know what i mean!! The face has to be creepy looking and sinister, heath ledger looks too much like a goody.

TheFilmProphet
Your right, I feel too sympathetic for him when I see him on screen..like you would for the good guy rather than the bad.

chase el
Heath Ledger? Brokback mountain Joker? f that. He might make a good two-face. But JOKER? hellllll nooo

forumcrew
you realise hes made more movies than brokeback mountain? and the joker is a little fruity anyway.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by forumcrew
you realise hes made more movies than brokeback mountain? and the joker is a little fruity anyway.

Fruity? laughing out loud Never had that one about Joker before lol.

But like I said before, he seems too "nice" to be playing someone as evil and maniacal as the Joker. wink

Rafkins_Warning
Okay... I am really realizing now how good Adrien Brody would be for the Joker... ever seen the film Oxygen? Joker potential right there! yes

LanceWindu
Originally posted by Rafkins_Warning
Okay... I am really realizing now how good Adrien Brody would be for the Joker... ever seen the film Oxygen? Joker potential right there! yes

Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Joker has been cast, and it's Heath Ledger.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/07/heath_ledger_is_the_joker.html

NoFate007
Well its not official yet. It's one person saying its official but from no big media circuit or anything, and superherohype adding him to the rumor mill. So far Crispin Glover, Lachy Hulme, Paul Bettany, and Michael Keaton have already been cast as The Joker according to other websites like this lol.

LanceWindu
Well its not official yet. It's one person saying its official but from no big media circuit or anything, and superherohype adding him to the rumor mill. So far Crispin Glover, Lachy Hulme, Paul Bettany, and Michael Keaton have already been cast as The Joker according to other websites like this lol.

Umm...this was announced at Comic-Con.

TheFilmProphet
Crispin Glover has been my first choice since more than a year ago, but it's all gone down the drain now. sad

chase el
That sucks

BlackC@
I'm sure Heath Ledger will do well.

NoFate007
It was announced at comic con? Oh well then we're screwed lol.

smiley8
Is comic con like a comics convention?? so if its announced here, is this news official?

LanceWindu
Originally posted by smiley8
Is comic con like a comics convention?? so if its announced here, is this news official?

Only THE biggest Comic convention you could ever go to...and it was announced by the production crew I think.

pr1983
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Sorry to burst your bubble, but the Joker has been cast, and it's Heath Ledger.

http://www.themovieblog.com/archives/2006/07/heath_ledger_is_the_joker.html

Get out. Just go. No more stirring shit for you. stick out tongue

Ledger? Honestly? I dunno...

Rafkins_Warning
Please tell me this is a joke?

Because if it is true... I am most certainly waiting for the sequel to come out on video before I see it.

HellMaster93
*proceeds to slit wrists* WHY, NOLAN!? WHY!?

NoFate007
"Damn you! I'm going to get you....sillybuns."

NoFate007
Honestly this was the best picture I could find to manip. I'm not looking forward to this.

TheFilmProphet
Honestly this was the best picture I could find to manip. I'm not looking forward to this.

It's impossible to manip any good pic of him because he always looks so friendly and non-villainous lol.

.Dance_Inside.
no! NO!!!!!!!!!!!!
I don't want Heath to play the joker..thats stupid ARG!

Rade
I agree with all the Heath haters, I dont want to see Brokeback Batman. I hope its all a joke, I just hope.

NoFate007
Oh god...I just realized something. Remember a while back they were saying Gyllenhaal was in the running for Two-Face?

If we have Gyll and Ledger...playing Two-Face and Joker, after Brokeback Mountain.......even if they do a good job (which is highly unlikely) the media will KILL this and it won't have a shot of making a lot of money.

exanda kane
Ledger's a decent actor, don't typecast him for the Brokeback role.

But the real question is how the hell can they make him the Joker...

Rafkins_Warning
Ya know what this is........ its Brokebat Mountain all over again....... oh yes, fear it now!

The Tater
It's hilarious how people discredit this guy for The Joker just because he played a gay character. I'm not sure if you're aware of this, but a number of Batman Begins cast members have as well, notably Christian Bale, Gary Oldman, Michael Caine, and Linus Roach. I suppose playing bi/homosexual characters had any effect on their performances in Batman Begins as well? Oh wait, it didn't. Huh.

Now, obviously Nolan saw something in this guy. This isn't a part that he, or WB for that matter, would cast lightly. Something about Ledger clicked. What? We won't know until 2008. We'll have to give Nolan the benefit of the doubt and trust him. Look at the benefits:

-He's young, so we'll get a fresh Joker (instead of an old-piece-of-whale-shit Joker that was Jack Nicholson).
-He's is an Oscar nominee, so clearly the man can act. He's also versatile.
-He has the basic look of The Joker. There are manips circulating all over the net that prove this.

People need to quit bitching just because their candidates didn't get picked. Tough luck. Nolan's a professional filmmaker. You're not. I'm pretty sure he knows who would make a better Joker in HIS vision of Batman than you do.

By the way, this has been confirmed. Latino Review confirmed it, IGN confirmed it, and BOF just recently confirmed it. Ledger is The Joker.

Rafkins_Warning
Um... I have nothing against him for playing a gay character... I saw Brokeback Mountain in theaters for crying out loud! And I think he is a very decent actor... sometimes, but its not his fault that a bad role gets thrown at him every now and then.

Its just that when I close my eyes and think of the Joker in a movie, Heath Ledger's face does not pop up... but then again no one's face does, a damn comic or cartoon character's face does!

I just don't think he is the right person... he doesn't have the Joker's facial characteristics, well not as much as the other candidates that I've seen anyway have... and I just think he's too nice a guy, even when he acts... I don't think I've ever seen him do crazy/creepy... but then again that doesn't mean he can't do it... he is an actor after all.

And as for the Brokebat joke... come on! Jake Gyllenhaal and Heath Ledger in a Batman movie together! Its a funny coincidence ya have to admit!

The Tater
and I just think he's too nice a guy, even when he acts... I don't think I've ever seen him do crazy/creepy... but then again that doesn't mean he can't do it... he is an actor after all.
From what I here, the guy has a temper problem. I believe he once assaulted paparazzi.

Gyllenhaal was never confirmed to be in the movie.

Here's a manip of what he could look like.

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v219/illmatikk/heathLEDGER-JOKER2.jpg

Rafkins_Warning
Originally posted by The Tater
From what I here, the guy has a temper problem. I believe he once assaulted paparazzi.

I mean he's a nice guy in pretty much every movie he's in... I don't think I've ever seen him play a villain... doesn't mean he can't do it though... just that I haven't seen it.

An besides... this damn thing is getting too damn mainstream for crying out loud!

For me Batman Begins had strong actors in it, yet actors that were needed to make it good... like Michael Caine, Gary Oldman, Liam Neeson... good, established actors that could hold strong roles and make a strong film. Ammunition where it was needed! Putting someone who is commercially strong in a role like the Joker (which needs to have a career-wise strong actor) is ridiculous!

Personally when I heard Bale was going to be Batman I couldn't see it, and yes I have come to except it but I still do not see Christian Bale in my mind's eye when I think of Bruce Wayne... not like I see Ian McKellen when I think of Magneto... but I will still watch Batman Begins and except Bale as Bruce Wayne for the movie's sake, same as I do when I watch Batman Returns and see Keaton play him.

But I guess I will have to wait for a trailer to except Ledger as the Joker, but until I see proof of his acting being valid as the Joker I will not consider excepting it... sorry, that's just how I feel on the subject!

And as for Jake Gyllenhall... I never said he had the part, just that the fact that they were considering him was funny... and if he gets the part then there is no way in hell I'm seeing this movie at all in theaters! It will just be some mainstream, trying to make lots of money, piece of tinseltown showoff flash!

"Oooh... they liked the last Batman movie... let's put people who are really popular now in all the open roles... doesn't matter if they are right for them... people will come see it because they liked the first, plus it has people who are hot now in it... we'll make millions!"

Idiots.... this is all Goyer's fault!

*picks up shovel*

That bastard is two steps away from getting a shovel to the face!!! I let him ruin Blade... I will not let it happen to this one!!!!

Rafkins_Warning
Wow... I ranted hard... sorry bout that... got a little over the top there... embarrasment

The Tater
Goyer is the least of my concerns with this movie. All he did was help come up with the general story and (I believe) write an 80 page script treatment.

Jonathan Nolan is writing the full script for this one, which guarantees that this film will be better written than its predecessor.

TheFilmProphet
Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
But like I said before, he seems too "nice" to be playing someone as evil and maniacal as the Joker. wink

Originally posted by TheFilmProphet
Your right, I feel too sympathetic for him when I see him on screen..like you would for the good guy rather than the bad.

NoFate007
I'm not saying Ledger can't play the role because he played a gay character. The ability to play a role based on the sexuality of your previous roles has nothing to do with it. HOWEVER, if the media gets a hold on this and wants to tear it to pieces, they will, and THAT will hurt the movie a lot. Especially if Gyllenhaal ends up being cast (which I also don't want, cause he totally doesn't look like Two-Face, just as Ledger doesn't look like The Joker. Joker should be weird looking, not handsome. And Two-Face shouldn't look like he's 12.) then the media will make a fiasco out of it. Bad publicity = bad ratings = poor box office = no Batman 3. It worked in the opposite way for Brokeback Mountain. The publicity overshadowed the movie itself, and then everyone just started rating it well not for the movie's worth, but because everyone else liked it and you know how peer pressure is, even in the media. Good ratings and a lot of positive publicity made more people see it in the theatres, and then we ended up getting a crapload of Oscar nominations for the movie.

Ledger doesn't look like The Joker, and although I can't fully say that he's the worst choice (and I'm sure he's not) until I see the finished result, even in that manip that was posted earlier, it doesn't look or feel right. I don't think he'd be the worst choice, I just don't think he's even close to the best. Good actor? Well, there's worse, but he's not Hopkins. Good Joker? MAYBE. But basing him off his performances in other films as well as his looks and "creepiness", I'd say we're in for some disappointment in the aspect of the film that is looked forward to the most.

TheFilmProphet
I'm not saying Ledger can't play the role because he played a gay character. The ability to play a role based on the sexuality of your previous roles has nothing to do with it. HOWEVER, if the media gets a hold on this and wants to tear it to pieces, they will, and THAT will hurt the movie a lot. Especially if Gyllenhaal ends up being cast (which I also don't want, cause he totally doesn't look like Two-Face, just as Ledger doesn't look like The Joker. Joker should be weird looking, not handsome. And Two-Face shouldn't look like he's 12.) then the media will make a fiasco out of it. Bad publicity = bad ratings = poor box office = no Batman 3. It worked in the opposite way for Brokeback Mountain. The publicity overshadowed the movie itself, and then everyone just started rating it well not for the movie's worth, but because everyone else liked it and you know how peer pressure is, even in the media. Good ratings and a lot of positive publicity made more people see it in the theatres, and then we ended up getting a crapload of Oscar nominations for the movie.

Ledger doesn't look like The Joker, and although I can't fully say that he's the worst choice (and I'm sure he's not) until I see the finished result, even in that manip that was posted earlier, it doesn't look or feel right. I don't think he'd be the worst choice, I just don't think he's even close to the best. Good actor? Well, there's worse, but he's not Hopkins. Good Joker? MAYBE. But basing him off his performances in other films as well as his looks and "creepiness", I'd say we're in for some disappointment in the aspect of the film that is looked forward to the most.

At last someone has summed up our feelings perfectly. yes

chase el

Gyllenhaal was never confirmed to be in the movie.

i kinda like that look

smiley8
Yeah me too, THAT look doesn't look that bad!

Rafkins_Warning
*looks at manip... cradles head in hands*

My god... the whole world's gone mad.......

He looks like a vampire that got into some green Manic Panic hair dye......

TheFilmProphet
Kinda looks like the Crow in clown paint & green hair, wink

Cerberus

AHH! fear

Rafkins_Warning
I should not be laughing hysterically every time I see it... not if its meant to be serious anyway... laughing

NoFate007
So who do you guys think will be the shocker for Harvey Dent? A couple months from now we'll be hearing "Martin Short has been cast as Two-Face" and a statement from someone going "Well see, Marty has exactly what we were looking for in this role. I think his interpretation is really going to be great. Politically correct response here, nod to a previous Batman writer or artists there, product placement, product placement, signature ending."

HellMaster93
I should not be laughing hysterically every time I see it... not if its meant to be serious anyway... laughing Fear not, it just is hilariously bad... kinda reminds me of the performance of MacBeth i saw the other night... so bad it's hilarious! big grin

sgtmjrcain
Alright. Heath Ledger. Ummm...okay. Well... I dunno. Cruise pulled Lestat out, right ? So... benefit of the doubt, I suppose.

Silverstein
atleat Ledger wont be a bad of a casting as Jim Carey's riddler. OH SNAP

demolishing_me
Nolan confirmed it today - Ledger will be the Joker.

Title of the movie will be 'The Dark Knight'

NoFate007
Is it supposed to be just "The Dark Knight" or is it "Batman: The Dark Knight"?

I'm not liking how Penguin is the second main character...I would have liked to have had a bunch of cameos instead by people like Firefly as a mercenary and Black Mask and whatnot. Maybe there's still hope lol.

smiley8
Is there a site that confirms all of this, web addresses pleeeeese!!!

BackFire
http://img100.imageshack.us/my.php?image=heathjokervq7.jpg

MattDay
ah heath ledger is the joker, well you might as well discuss how well he'll do as the joker instead of complaining why your choice didnt cut the mustard in the pre production hunt for the joker, they must have their reasons, maybe they couldnt get the evil right, and this wild card heath surprised them with an excellent performance in his interview with the casting crew, who knows, but i have a good feeling with this one.

WrathfulDwarf
So who do you guys think will be the shocker for Harvey Dent? A couple months from now we'll be hearing "Martin Short has been cast as Two-Face" and a statement from someone going "Well see, Marty has exactly what we were looking for in this role. I think his interpretation is really going to be great. Politically correct response here, nod to a previous Batman writer or artists there, product placement, product placement, signature ending."

Martin Short??? As Two-Face? that's just friggin hilarious! laughing

NoFate007
The only person I could really see Martin Short playing in all seriousness would be Mad Hatter, but they'll never put him in a movie cause he's not cool enough.

WrathfulDwarf
^That's not a bad idea. Not at all. Good observation NoFate.

Well, I guess is better to change the title of the thread. Now that we have a name for the sequel.

Keemanabool
I love the fact that the "Batman" name is in the titles of all Batman movies Cartoon to Live Action. I hope to say that the New Title is "Batman: The Dark Knight" and not just "The Dark Knight"... personal opinion of course.

what do you think?

Keemanabool

NoFate007
I think they shouldn't just call it "The Dark Knight" cause then some people wouldn't realize that its a Batman movie right off the bat (non-fans, of course I'm referring to. We'd recognize that in a split second). I'd have liked a better name, but if they like this one, I think they should go with "Batman: Dark Knight"

Alec Brood
Why not call it the dark knight's tale? It would fit with Ledger...

Scarecrow756
I think that the title is okay and as far as the casting of Ledger goes, I think he might be able to pull the Joker of.

The Joker#1
I like the title.

Simple yet effective.

Harvey Dent
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
I think that the title is okay and as far as the casting of Ledger goes, I think he might be able to pull the Joker of.

At least that punk from That 70's Show is not the main villain.

Spiderman 3 made that mistake.

Keemanabool
yeah, i think ledger could pull it off. I hope he does, and i hope he does it well, because i just can't see him doin anymore roles after that brokeback incident. (my opinion of course).

I do like the title. Its really cool, i'd just like to see the name "Batman" in front of "The Dark Knight" is all.

OOOOO, What about a new Batmobile? Think its gonna happen???? Respond please!!

NoFate007
I think we'll probably just get a slightly different Tumbler - which I'd be ok with. I'd like to see a Tumbler in foundation but with a sleeker design, but nothing drastic. I don't want giant fins lol.

Doc Potato
Sounds good... Ledger can do this... and typecasting him becaue of Brokeback's just plain retarded. He's been excellent in a wide variety of films... I mean, a Knight's Tale is a hugely different role from Brokeback... smile

smiley8
Theres no point complaining about Ledger now...... have faith in Nolans choice as he has excellent vision and must have seen something of Joker in him to cast him...... roll on 2008!

NoFate007
In my opinion, Ledger can't be counted out yet - but I'm not going to be convinced that he's the best choice for the role until he proves me wrong in the movie. Right now we just have to hope that Nolan didn't snap in between BB and The Prestige lol.

Doc Potato
Hmm... I trust CN...

chase el
Originally posted by Alec Brood
Why not call it the dark knight's tale? It would fit with Ledger...

haha thats good

Darth Vegas
Nobody has any opinions on Ryan Phillippe being cast as Two Face?

Liev Shreiber was in the running for the role, but was beat out by Phillippe. Personally, I think Schreiber would've been great as Two Face.

Word is that Philip Seymour Hoffman is in talks to be the Penguin.

Questions, comments, concerns?

smiley8
So has Phillipe been definitly cast as Two-Face? IMO he could make a good young Harvey but i think that Shreiber has the face as Two-Face. Also Philip Seymour Hoffman would be ideal as Penguin cos he has the look of a mob boss yet the physical stature of the penguin. Having pictured him in the role, i cant think of another actor who would fit!

NoFate007
As far as I know it isn't definite yet, and I hope it isn't. I don't have anything against Phillipe (same as Ledger) but I think he isn't the best for the role (same as Ledger). I'd like to see Shrieber or Guy Pearce for Harvey instead. As for Hoffman - if they absolutely must have Penguin in there, give it to him. I don't want to see The Penguin but if they're dead set on it, Hoffman would be good.

chase el
Hoffman i AGREE. Hes PERFECT!!! Great actor too. Ryan Phillipe? Eh... he has definately been cast? Liev Shrieber... in my opinion just screams two-face/harvey dent. Thats just me though

braz
the villains i wanna see in this are Catwoman, Joker(of course), Harvey Dent with the origins of Two-Face, and Scarecrow again.

smiley8
Maybe have the mention of Selina and Scarecrow but i dont think they should have all four as full on villains.

NoFate007
I think they shouldn't bother with Rachel Dawes and instead introduce Selina - but don't make her a villain, just make Catwoman the love interest of the story. She doesn't need to be treated like a huge villain as in Batman Returns cause she's not some evil hell-bent on destruction type of antagonist. She'd serve her purpose 100% if she was more on the so-called political side of things with Bruce and Batman. It'd be cool if the first scene had Scarecrow being captured by Batman, but that probably won't happen. Penguin shouldn't be an immense character either. I think The Joker shouldn't be copping out to anybody.

chase el
agreed

pr1983
I think they shouldn't bother with Rachel Dawes and instead introduce Selina - but don't make her a villain, just make Catwoman the love interest of the story. She doesn't need to be treated like a huge villain as in Batman Returns cause she's not some evil hell-bent on destruction type of antagonist. She'd serve her purpose 100% if she was more on the so-called political side of things with Bruce and Batman. It'd be cool if the first scene had Scarecrow being captured by Batman, but that probably won't happen. Penguin shouldn't be an immense character either. I think The Joker shouldn't be copping out to anybody.

Yeah, Joker needs to be centre stage, just hope Ledger can do him justice...

Selina would be awesome... they just need to cast her properly and they'll be sorted...

NoFate007
I've been saying for a while (even before this whole Underworld thing) that Kate Beckinsale would be a perfect Selina Kyle. I highly, highly doubt they would end up casting her for it, but she'd be the best I think. Angelina Jolie, the fan-favorite...I think she'd be pretty bad. I mean, imagine the costume. It would look like her lips were taking over her face lol. Plus she'd try to steal the movie.

Which characters do you guys think have a shot at making a cameo in this? Here's my list:

Sal Maroni, Black Mask, Rupert Thorne, Zzazz again (guy's not a big actor, what else is he gonna do? lol), Dr. Strange and all the others (Harley, Leslie, etc but not Arkham himself) and I'm hoping that we get Lyle Bolton as a security guard just cause that'd be cool. Another thing I'd like to see is a poster in the background or something where they mention that they're going to see a show - "some ventriloquist, I heard he's really good." You know what I mean lol.

Silverstein
i like the ventriloquist cameo the best. cool

maybe even have a conversation between bruce and someone and they're at the show...or something like that

atharpina
I'll bet the Scarecrow does come back for a pretty decent part. They left him so untapped. I mean he wasn't really even "The Scarecrow" until the very end. I'm not saying he should be another main villian, but definitly a pretty good little chunk, you know?

I also really love all NoFate's ideas on little cameos. I'd love to see parts referencing or even of seeing Batman take down the various smaller villians throughout the course of taking down the larger ones. That would make for a REAL comic book movie.

NoFate007
Especially since you know they'll never make a whole Ventriloquist movie, you know? There's no way Lock-Up is going to frontline a Batman film lol. Some villains, I can understand not throwing them in, like Holiday and everything. That'd be asking for too much. But I'd even like to hear something about "Dr. Elliot blah blah blah" or references to other heroes. Imagine like, they show Lucius Fox ending a phone conversation that he was having with "Mr. Queen", or having Firefly be a mercenary that works for Penguin (since he'll be an arms dealer). Have Bruce flip through a TV and show a movie starring Matt Hagen, you know? That'd be the best. Oh and you have to do a courtesy nod to Metropolis.

pr1983
I've been saying for a while (even before this whole Underworld thing) that Kate Beckinsale would be a perfect Selina Kyle. I highly, highly doubt they would end up casting her for it, but she'd be the best I think. Angelina Jolie, the fan-favorite...I think she'd be pretty bad. I mean, imagine the costume. It would look like her lips were taking over her face lol. Plus she'd try to steal the movie.

Jolie would be an awful seline imo... beckinsale could do it... not sure who else would be able for it...

Originally posted by atharpina
I'll bet the Scarecrow does come back for a pretty decent part. They left him so untapped. I mean he wasn't really even "The Scarecrow" until the very end. I'm not saying he should be another main villian, but definitly a pretty good little chunk, you know?

Yeah, Scarecrow has alot of potential...

Especially since you know they'll never make a whole Ventriloquist movie, you know? There's no way Lock-Up is going to frontline a Batman film lol. Some villains, I can understand not throwing them in, like Holiday and everything. That'd be asking for too much. But I'd even like to hear something about "Dr. Elliot blah blah blah" or references to other heroes. Imagine like, they show Lucius Fox ending a phone conversation that he was having with "Mr. Queen", or having Firefly be a mercenary that works for Penguin (since he'll be an arms dealer). Have Bruce flip through a TV and show a movie starring Matt Hagen, you know? That'd be the best. Oh and you have to do a courtesy nod to Metropolis.

Those would be cool... didnt they have a gotham one in superman returns?

NoFate007
Yeah they mentioned Gotham on the news.

FistOfThe North
Heath as the a young Joker...mm. i dunno..I would've loved Adrian Brody to have been cast.

Heath'll have to lose weight, I know that.

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>