Millars Marvel Knights spidey run

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
So how many people here actually enjoyed millars Marvel Knights run?

i did for the most part. i liked that he was trying to revamp spideys villains. He made Electro a bad ass and actually made me care for the vulture.

didn't really like the whole Government behind super villains conspiracy thing though

And I never really cared for venom(which puts me in the minority in this board).
So I'm not going to take off points for that.

8/10 for the whole run smile

Doc Ock
I hated it.

Electro was the only good part to it IMO.

Black Adam
oh yeah reasons why you hated or/liked it

and rate it from 1 to 10

Doc Ock
Ok here we go:

1. Norman Osborn was the mastermind AGAIN!!! Lame, cliche and predictable.

2. Some gangster's dumbass son becomes Venom 2

3. Then the Scorpion becomes Venom 3 erm

4. Doc Ock is a brainwashed to kill Osborn. I hated that.

5. We were cheated out of a GG vs Ock fight, when they got hit by a bolt of lightning roll eyes (sarcastic)

6. Norman and Spidey on the bridge........AGAIN!! How many Goblin themes did they recycle in this??

7. The Sinister Twelve were all defeated in like one issue. Twelve villains and they didn't even make Spidey break a sweat. They were all owned easily.

3/10. A big fat meh of an arc.

chucktaylor
I haven't read any of the ML books. big grin

After reading Ock's review, I might not anyway...wink

Black Adam
Originally posted by Doc Ock
Ok here we go:

1. Norman Osborn was the mastermind AGAIN!!! Lame, cliche and predictable.

yeah it is getting a little repetitive

2. Some gangster's dumbass son becomes Venom 2

3. Then the Scorpion becomes Venom 3 erm

didn't really mind that

5. We were cheated out of a GG vs Ock fight, when they got hit by a bolt of lightning roll eyes (sarcastic)

look on the bright side. at least this showed ocks insane durability. multiple pumpkin bombs to the chest and direct lightning bolt and he's still breathinglaughing

7. The Sinister Twelve were all defeated in like one issue. Twelve villains and they didn't even make Spidey break a sweat. They were all owned easily.

to be fair spidey didn't brake a sweat because he never got to. The Avengers and the F4 broke up the fight.

HellMaster93
It is currently being reprinted in Astonishing (a UK collector's ed) and this far Eddie Brock is trying to sell the symbbiote... it's f**king good so far. Electro and Vulture were actually good characters again!

Dan-El
I did enjoy how Gargan was the one that captured May, instead of one of the villains you'd expect it to be. The whole interplay between Gargan and Peter is enjoyable.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.