M. Night. to direct?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

forumcrew
A Good Night for Harry Potter?
Source: Edward Douglas
July 8, 2006

During the press day for Lady in the Water, ComingSoon.net asked writer-director M. Night Shyamalan whether his new studio partner Warner Bros. has tried to convince him to direct one of the last two "Harry Potter" movies. It certainly would be an interesting thing to see a filmmaker mostly known for directing movies from his own scripts to adapt the adventures of one of the most popular literary characters.

"You know, that Harry Potter dance has gone on a long time," he told us. "The problem is that it is a living breathing thing now, all by itself. When it comes over to my camp, it needs to be kind of handed over, adoption papers and everything. That's a tricky move.

"I haven't met with J.K. ," he continued. "The first one was offered to me, but that conflicted with 'Unbreakable,' which was unfortunate. I would definitely, but I think probably before that I would adapt a book. I've gotten close a few times to adapting books."

Stay tuned for more with Night as it gets closer to the release of his new movie Lady in the Water, which opens on July 21.

I think this could be really interesting, this would go up there with QT wanting to do a bond movie but producers being worried about how he would do it. I think JK would be worried about m night taking over her stories.

d-fly_girl008
There's already a thread on this... please use the search engine before you start threads!!

Demonic Phoenix
Reported......I can't believe i actually did that Happy Dance

-Tired Hiker-
I'm too lazy to find the original thread about this, but I think that would be really cool if M. Night directed a Potter film. I just hope we don't find out that everyone is actually dead by the end of the film.

RoguePw25
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008
There's already a thread on this... please use the search engine before you start threads!!

I couldn't find the other thread on this, could you find it for me because I don't see it. Thanks. stick out tongue

forumcrew
Originally posted by d-fly_girl008

been a member here over 3 years i know about the search button. Search for m night shyamalan in harry potter thread it wont find anything.

-Tired Hiker-
The search engines here are sometimes not so good. If someone starts a thread and spells something wrong, or adds "!!!!!!" after a word or something, it can throw everything off. I don't see what the big deal is anyway if someone duplicates a thread, it kinda modernizes it, I think. erm

Demonic Phoenix
The other thread is "A good night for Harry Potter?"
Look for that.

Prince Nauj
COPY CAT I posted this FIRST stick out tongue

Demonic Phoenix
That's what d-fly is implying....that you posted this first and some1 else posted it after you......he probably didn't see it so he's not a copycat.

The Phantom
Yep. Been made before. By Prince Nauj.

Prince Nauj
Originally posted by The Phantom
Yep. Been made before. By Prince Nauj.
muah, thanks

d-fly_girl008
That's what I said!!! Grr....

Barker
It's nice that you all are eager to tell him it's a duplicate thread, even if you haven't used the one Nauj made yet.

It's like, "Lets throw aside the information, and point out flaws!"

barker

The Phantom
Originally posted by Barker
It's nice that you all are eager to tell him it's a duplicate thread, even if you haven't used the one Nauj made yet.

barker I like pointhing those out.

x_hp_fan
Originally posted by Barker

barker

He ain't lyin'

Solo
Seeing M. Night do a Harry Potter film would be amazing, I'd say get him for Book Seven. End the series with a bang.

forumcrew
Originally posted by -Tired Hiker-
The search engines here are sometimes not so good. If someone starts a thread and spells something wrong, or adds "!!!!!!" after a word or something, it can throw everything off. I don't see what the big deal is anyway if someone duplicates a thread, it kinda modernizes it, I think. erm

yea thats why people should post threads that are clear, thats exactly why the other thread has 0 posts in it. I think it would be good for him to do the last book, seeing as she is killing off main characters it is obviously going to be pretty dark at times, and m night could handle that well.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.