Manchester Commonwealth Games

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Raz
Did you guys catch the opening ceremony last night?

The games are a really big event for Manchester, and we're all hyped up around here (as you can probably tell from my sig wink)

yerssot
commenwealth? so rugby?

Raz
huh? you mean you don't even know whats its about?

You belgian fool, its the equivalent to the Olympics, with fewer countries so we've got a better chance to win big grin

Actually come to think of it, virtually everyone is playing apart from USA, China and Russia.

yerssot
embarrasment
sorry, never heared of it...should follow your link to see if any waffles are going...

Ushgarak
Now, where is Kiwi Leia? The Commonwealth is crimianlly under-represented around here...

Err... why rugby, yerss?

I was watching the diving the other day. That is still an event that makes almost no sense at all to the casual viewer. They all looked damn good, whether they were scored at 60 or 90.

yerssot
well, thought with commenwealth it was eather cricket or rugby for me...

mah
not entirely sure what it is

Ushgarak
When was the last time you saw the Canadians playing cricket or rugby, yerss?

yerssot
3 years ago, when I was in Canada actually... thought it was funny, but fell asleep

Ushgarak
Saw them playing it SERIOUSLY then...

(Canadian cricket- pshaw!)

yerssot
rugby, not cricket...and never

Ushgarak
Hmm... Canadian Rugby... weird. Can't be much good at it.

Corran
The new John Smiths Advert with the diving in is really funny.
Raz, didn't realise you hail from the Manchester area, where about are you from? and did you manage to get any tickets for any of the events?

finti
NO hardly any european countries are in it except for you Islanders

yerssot
well, Raz DID said this would give them more chance to actually win things from time to time big grin

mechmoggy
Yeah, I like the football one where all those blokes are playing "keepy-upy" and when it goes to that fat bloke he boots it over the fence and says, "Ave it!". Always makes me giggle.

Can't say I'm too excited about the games yet. I've had sport overdose this year so far with the world cup and then the golf the other weekend at Muirfield. No doubt I'll get into the games over the coming week though with all the coverage its gonna get.

Raz

finti
oh bugger that was expensive, any doping revelations yet?

Raz
Woohoo! Finally got my tickets! big grin

I'll let you guys know what it was like - plus I'll try to post some pics cool

Corran
When is the final? and how much did you pay for the tickets in the end?

Raz

Corran
Damn, I'd consider trying to get tickets and go myself, but I'll be out on the beer all day at Chester Races and possibly in no fit state to go watch the final ceremony.

Bad Boy
GO WALES!!!!!!!!

yerssot
how will we?

mah
not on eurosport or other channels that send here anyway

yerssot
it's on BBC

mah
not watching though, only the former british empire fighting it out against eachother.

Raz
NO hardly any european countries are in it except for you Islanders Sorry meant virtually all major countries wink

Raz
Jeez mah, never heard of fun and games?

yerssot
well, I did heared of something like that, but than suddenly they said the park was closed

mah
yah, but not THAT fun watching athletics on TV with no one to cheer.

finti
which means we Norwegian dont need to be watching any athletics the next decade

mah
you have a point there

finti
of course I have roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

Corran
How proud you must be.

yerssot
here's another one : .

finti
dont need to be proud of the obvious roll eyes (sarcastic) big grin

yerssot
. . big grin

Raz
Did anyone catch the closing ceremony yesterday?

In person it was GREAT, and purely amazing!

Even thought it was pouring down, it was definitely a memorable evening smile

Esp. since we were in the sheltered seats wink

phinney6
so what games do they play

Raz
I give up.

Ushgarak
Bad luck, Raz...

phinney6
too bad

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.