How Did The Rumor of Wonder Woman's Fighting Skill Come to Fruition???

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

batdude123
Why do people think she's one of the absolute most skilled fighters in DC? She's not nearly as good as most people think. Yes, she has a plethera of experience, but that doesn't put her on Batman's level or anywhere around it. She hardly ever demonstrates these so-called "skills" that she has in comic books. Seriously, in a depowered fight against Black Canary, she was beaten. WW doesn't have the skills that any of the top tier street-levellers do. PERIOD. I don't know how this rumor started, but it needs to end, and quickly!!!

Skeets
Are you kidding?she's not on Bat's level....laughing

Validus
It's cool that you're suddenly the authority on Wonder Woman.

Skeets
Originally posted by Validus
It's cool that you're suddenly the authority on Wonder Woman.
never that but those who are would agree with what I said don't you?

xmarksthespot
Pow! Right in the kisser.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6268/Hikeletiapg6061.th.jpg

batdude123
Originally posted by Skeets
Are you kidding?she's not on Bat's level....laughing

That's right, her fighting skills aren't on Batman's level. She's very good. I'd even put her on Nightwing's level, maybe slightly below. However she isn't as good as most make her out to be. no

Validus
never that but those who are would agree with what I said don't you?
I was talking to the thread starter. confused

Accel
Wasn't she holding back against Dinah to help her get her confidence back or something. And IIRC I remember hearing that a powerless WW stalemated Lady Shiva.

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Pow! Right in the kisser.
http://img71.imageshack.us/img71/6268/Hikeletiapg6061.th.jpg

With all her powers? Are you kidding me? Of course she should beat on Batman. Her reflexes are much better, and not only that, but that doesn't make her the fighter that Batman is. no

batdude123

I'm sorry, but people think she's like Karate Kid or something.

Skeets
Originally posted by batdude123
That's right, her fighting skills aren't on Batman's level. She's very good. I'd even put her on Nightwing's level, maybe slightly below. However she isn't as good as most make her out to be. no
nightwing level..laughing out loud I can't take you serious as you are a Batman fanboy.Originally posted by Validus
Use the quote button you have been here long enough..mhm

xmarksthespot
With all her powers? Are you kidding me? Of course she should beat on Batman. Her reflexes are much better, and not only that, but that doesn't make her the fighter that Batman is. no love

batdude123
http://x4.putfile.com/1/2517055239.jpg

shifty

Validus
And yet Lady Shiva has shown jealousy towards Diana's skill level and expressed a desire to train on Paradise Island. Why would Sandra want to train with a bunch of sub-Nightwings?

xmarksthespot
http://www.buymetoys.com/catalog/images/WWHTSC.jpg
smile

batdude123
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
http://www.buymetoys.com/catalog/images/WWHTSC.jpg
smile

She should be kicking the crap outta Batman as I've said. wink

batdude123
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400646&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Wonder Woman lost to Black Canary in a powerless fight. I'd say she's around the Nightwing level in MA skill.

Apparently Validus agrees with me. roll eyes (sarcastic)

batdude123
And yet Lady Shiva has shown jealousy towards Diana's skill level and expressed a desire to train on Paradise Island. Why would Sandra want to train with a bunch of sub-Nightwings?

Perhaps to build upon her already extensive knowledge of martial arts. She might've wanted to learn some amazonian styles of fighting.

snoopdogg
I think Batman has more skill than WW in fighting. But that does not mean Batman will beat her. Nobody is saying that.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Batman/BatmanandWWtrain.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Batman/BatmanandWWtrain2.jpg

However if she didn't have her strenth and speed I would say Batman would beat her.

batdude123
Originally posted by snoopdogg
I think Batman has more skill than WW in fighting. But that does not mean Batman will beat her. Nobody is saying that.

http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Batman/BatmanandWWtrain.jpg
http://i31.photobucket.com/albums/c379/Doggydogg/Batman/BatmanandWWtrain2.jpg

However if she didn't have her strenth and speed I would say Batman would beat her.

THANK YOU!!! Geez. roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot
Kinky.

Validus
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=400646&perpage=20&highlight=&pagenumber=2

Apparently Validus agrees with me. roll eyes (sarcastic)
Times change and so does knowledge. Do you read Wonder Woman? I just recently started myself.

batdude123
Come on people, I'm not here to say that Wonder Woman isn't skilled or anything like that. She is very skilled. However there have been some people here *coughGRIMM22cough* that think she's as skilled as KK or something like that.

batdude123
Times change and so does knowledge. Do you read Wonder Woman? I just recently started myself.

My knowledge of her stems from a bunch of JLA comics. That might answer your question. wink

Skeets
Come on people, I'm not here to say that Wonder Woman isn't skilled or anything like that. She is very skilled. However there have been some people here *coughGRIMM22cough* that think she's as skilled as KK or something like that.
No but she sure as hell's more skilled then Batman.

batdude123
nightwing level..laughing out loud I can't take you serious as you are a Batman fanboy.

Come on man, don't be like that. sad

batdude123
No but she sure as hell's more skilled then Batman.

And I disagree. yes

Skeets
Come on man, don't be like that. sad
stick out tongueOriginally posted by batdude123
And I disagree. yes
Not sure why Batman's been training what 15-20 years tops WW has been training thousands of years in many different art forms.

Validus
My knowledge of her stems from a bunch of JLA comics. That might answer your question. wink
So basically, you know nothing.

batdude123
So basically, you know nothing.

tomato sadwalk Come on, don't attack me. sad

Skeets
Did WW #2 come out yet? and is Diana depowered?

batdude123
Not sure why Batman's been training what 15-20 years tops WW has been training thousands of years in many different art forms.

But she hardly ever shows it. sad And if that was always the case (experience wise) then Karate Kid wouldn't be the best fighter in all of comicdom. I believe he's only 16.

Validus
tomato sadwalk Come on, don't attack me. sad
Don't get me wrong. That's not an attack but team books don't exactly give the best versions of every character. A popular example is Avengers Thor Vs Solo Thor.

People on the JLA fill certain niches. Batman represent intelligence and Superman is the powerhouse. Even though Superman has an advanced brain, he'll never be shown as smarter than Batman when the two are in the same room. That's why you have to read the solo books to really get a handle on the character.

batdude123
Don't get me wrong. That's not an attack but team books don't exactly give the best versions of every character. A popular example is Avengers Thor Vs Solo Thor.

People on the JLA fill certain niches. Batman represent intelligence and Superman is the powerhouse. Even though Superman has an advanced brain, he'll never be shown as smarter than Batman when the two are in the same room. That's why you have to read the solo books to really get a handle on the character.

Gotcha. smile Have you read GLC: Recharge yet? It's pretty good.

Skeets
Did WW #2 come out yet? and is Diana depowered?
ermm

Validus
Gotcha. smile Have you read GLC: Recharge yet? It's pretty good.
Do you have a point? Are you seriously asking me if I've read a Green Lantern book thats been on the shelf for months?

Validus
ermm
It's not out and she isn't depowered. Newb. no expression

batdude123
Do you have a point? Are you seriously asking me if I've read a Green Lantern book thats been on the shelf for months?

Sorry. Geez. Just wondering. stick out tongue Guy moons Batman. smile

Skeets
Seems like Batdude folds up quick against you huh....laughing

batdude123
Seems like Batdude folds up quick against you huh....laughing

The man reads a lot of GL books. smile

Skeets
It's not out and she isn't depowered. Newb. no expression
Bah!!

Skeets
The man reads a lot of GL books. smile
I was talking about debates between you two "Quitter"..stick out tongue

batdude123
Oh....... that. shifty Whedon ADMITTED that Wolverine's sole purpose in that comic was to provide comic relief though. erm I'd rather have him out of the comic all together. Credibility is shot as far as I'm concerned. He's doing to Wolverine what Adam West did to Batman. smile

xmarksthespot
http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/b/b2/Batman1966_1.gif

Validus
He's doing to Wolverine what Adam West did to Batman. smile
Made him a pimp?

who?-kid
Why do people think she's one of the absolute most skilled fighters in DC? She's not nearly as good as most people think. Yes, she has a plethera of experience, but that doesn't put her on Batman's level or anywhere around it. She hardly ever demonstrates these so-called "skills" that she has in comic books. Seriously, in a depowered fight against Black Canary, she was beaten. WW doesn't have the skills that any of the top tier street-levellers do. PERIOD. I don't know how this rumor started, but it needs to end, and quickly!!!
I've been saying that for a long time... People nearly killed me for it. I also said exactly the same thing about Thanos and Champion, and again I was almost executed.

Bottom line is : I don't care what a bio says, I go with the comics and the actual feats.

Skeets
Originally posted by who?-kid
I've been saying that for a long time... People nearly killed me for it. I also said exactly the same thing about Thanos and Champion, and again I was almost executed.

Bottom line is : I don't care what a bio says, I go with the comics and the actual feats.
WW has many feats backing her skill level.Now champion's a loser and needs to be forgotten of.

who?-kid
I'm not debating her skills. She's a pretty good fighter of course.

But people tend to overestimate her fighting skills, that's all.

Adam Warlock

I know a guy named Draco who will disagree with you here. Heck if he knew this thread was up...

Grimm22
I'm sorry, but people think she's like Karate Kid or something.

Who the heck said she was KK?!? no expression

grey fox
I always considered her fighting skills to be on 'Thor' level since their pretty much equals for each other(Now that sentry is filling in the Supes slot at Marvel)

jumpmann
Wow this thread is unecessary.

"How Did The Rumor of Wonder Woman's Fighting Skill Come to Fruition???"

See: the history of WW comics.

LethalFemme

I'm going to go with being thousands of years old, trained since birth in h2h and weapon combat. She's learned skills bats could only dream of. Also everyone has a bad showing against bats it's his thing.erm

batdude123
Here's what UniOmni had to say about the situation. smile

"Diana as a top tier with great hth skill is going to be lauded. But for anyone who reads comics, they know that those whose lives depend on ducking or blocking that punch are naturally going to be more skilled than those that can simply risk taking it.
WW is skilled, and while rare showings may have her on a level with the best of the streets, its not her average showing.
Her without powers would probably stalemate Robin, and lose to those above him......Of course, this is taking her overall average into consideration.
Shiva being jealous of WW's skill?? Don't really buy it."

LethalFemme
Here's what UniOmni had to say about the situation. smile

"Diana as a top tier with great hth skill is going to be lauded. But for anyone who reads comics, they know that those whose lives depend on ducking or blocking that punch are naturally going to be more skilled than those that can simply risk taking it.
WW is skilled, and while rare showings may have her on a level with the best of the streets, its not her average showing.
Her without powers would probably stalemate Robin, and lose to those above him......Of course, this is taking her overall average into consideration.
Shiva being jealous of WW's skill?? Don't really buy it."

And this proves and/or means?

batdude123
Originally posted by LethalFemme
And this proves and/or means?

That he agrees with me. smile

LethalFemme
That he agrees with me. smile

Oh I see but, it still doesn't mean you or he are right.

batdude123
Originally posted by LethalFemme
Oh I see but, it still doesn't mean you or he are right.

no expression You're awesome femme. love

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.