Final Invitation to Heaven, sincerely Jesus Christ of Nazareth

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

JesusIsAlive
Regardless of what anyone thinks of me I am not here to make me look good or to win any argument. Jesus Christ is personally inviting every one of you to spend eternity with Him in Paradise. Jesus died to give you eternal life, peace, joy, comfort, abundance, love, and happiness. You may not experience all of these things in this life right now but YOU CAN in the life to come. Don't die in your sins, die in Christ (i.e. forgiven of all your sins). I will put up with all the flack, criticism, hostility, anger, oppositon, hatred, misunderstanding, etc. It does not even faze me. I am well persuaded that God is true, Jesus is true, Heaven is true, and Hell is true (unfortunately). Yes, Jesus Christ is alive; He rose from the dead triumphantly. He who is of God hears God's Words. Many of you are not of God that is why you do not hear (i.e. understand). You do not know when you will breath your last breath. Don't die in your sins. Ask Jesus into your heart sincerely by faith. You have nothing to lose. If what I am telling you is untrue (but it is not) you are still going to die. But I do speak the truth, my God bearing witness. I want to see everyone of you in Heaven when I die. I want to see your faces shine with the glory of God. I want to see your faces as you see God in all of His splendor, glory, and majesty sitting on His throne. I want to watch as the Lord Jesus Christ embraces you in His everlasting love. I want to watch you marvel as you walk on streets of pure transparent gold. I want to see your expression as you realize that the Word is true all along and that you almost missed Heaven because of unbelief. Don't miss Heaven. This may be your last chance to accept Love (i.e. Jesus Christ). Love is Christ and Christ is Love. Receive His love into your heart by faith and you will be saved. You will have eternal security. You will never die again. You will live with Christ Jesus in eternal love and peace. This is Jesus Christ's personal promise to you.

JesusIsAlive
http://www.hasilvestre.org.br/advir/imagens/GoldSat1/images/people%20in%20heaven%20happy.jpg (Heaven)

http://www.hasilvestre.org.br/advir/imagens/GoldSat1/images/new%20Jerusalem%20heaven%20city.jpg (New Jerusalem in Heaven)

Templares
Regardless of what anyone thinks of me I am not here to make me look good or to win any argument. Cyric is personally inviting every one of you to spend eternity with Him in Paradise. Cyric died to give you eternal life, peace, joy, comfort, abundance, love, and happiness. You may not experience all of these things in this life right now but YOU CAN in the life to come. Don't die in your sins, die in Cyric (i.e. forgiven of all your sins). I will put up with all the flack, criticism, hostility, anger, oppositon, hatred, misunderstanding, etc. It does not even faze me. I am well persuaded that God is true, Cyric is true, Heaven is true, and Hell is true (unfortunately). Yes, Cyric is alive; He rose from the dead triumphantly. He who is of God hears God's Words. Many of you are not of God that is why you do not hear (i.e. understand). You do not know when you will breath your last breath. Don't die in your sins. Ask Cyric into your heart sincerely by faith. You have nothing to lose. If what I am telling you is untrue (but it is not) you are still going to die. But I do speak the truth, my God bearing witness. I want to see everyone of you in Heaven when I die. I want to see your faces shine with the glory of God. I want to see your faces as you see God in all of His splendor, glory, and majesty sitting on His throne. I want to watch as the Lord Cyric embraces you in His everlasting love. I want to watch you marvel as you walk on streets of pure transparent gold. I want to see your expression as you realize that the Word is true all along and that you almost missed Heaven because of unbelief. Don't miss Heaven. This may be your last chance to accept Love (i.e. Cyric). Love is Cyric and Cyric is Love. Receive His love into your heart by faith and you will be saved. You will have eternal security. You will never die again. You will live with Cyric in eternal love and peace. This is Cyric's personal promise to you.

sick

Next up Osiris.

Imperial_Samura
Oooo, Dungeons & Dragons Cyric? The one who killed Bhaal and stole his powers?

Templares
Originally posted by Imperial_Samura
Oooo, Dungeons & Dragons Cyric? The one who killed Bhaal and stole his powers?

Ja. Im a member of his church and im using JIA's tactics to enlarge our coffers . . . . er, i mean church.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Templares
Ja. Im a member of his church and im using JIA's tactics to enlarge our coffers . . . . er, i mean church.

Nothing wrong with that, those coffers wont fill themselves.

Alliance
This thread is one of those little hand out cartoon pamplets! eek!

Admiral Akbar
These threads make me laugh. laughing

Alliance
Me too, until I stary crying and rocking back and forth in my chair.

Shakyamunison
We have enough Jesus threads. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Alliance
Originally posted by Shakyamunison
We have enough JesusIsAlive threads. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Thats not very nice, at least he's contributing to the forum.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Alliance
Thats not very nice, at least he's contributing to the forum.

By over doing the thread quantity on a subject, the forum become diluted.

Alliance
This could be our new general discussion forum eek!

DigiMark007
By over doing the thread quantity on a subject, the forum become diluted.

It's actually come up once or twice in the reports. He doesn't bash or anything, but we had people asking if his excessive posting of Bible verses in nearly every thread was a form of spam.

No action was taken, as it is not intended maliciously, but at the same time, I agree with your overall assessment that less would be more in this case.

Regret
Originally posted by DigiMark007
It's actually come up once or twice in the reports. He doesn't bash or anything, but we had people asking if his excessive posting of Bible verses in nearly every thread was a form of spam.

No action was taken, as it is not intended maliciously, but at the same time, I agree with your overall assessment that less would be more in this case.

I disagree. I believe it is intended maliciously. He posts and reposted slight variations on the same subject so that people have to wade through his threads to find the threads intended for discussion. Also, JIA is not interested in discussion. He has stated this. He is only proselyting, that is his only intent.

Alliance
Well...we all make long posts.

Sock threads like this are annoying. He can't be banned for quoting the bible all the time, no matter how annoying it is.

DigiMark007
Originally posted by Regret
I disagree. I believe it is intended maliciously. He posts and reposted slight variations on the same subject so that people have to wade through his threads to find the threads intended for discussion. Also, JIA is not interested in discussion. He has stated this. He is only proselyting, that is his only intent.

Right. Not overtly malicious, still....and not nearly as bad as most things we have to act on.

But it could quite easily be considered spam. I'll get someone to deal with it myself if these threads/posts continue to be a problem. It's just tough, because he's technically allowed to post his thoughts, that's the purpose of this forum. But determining when "the line" is crossed between religious expression and spamming is difficult.

And it wouldn't come to a ban. Most likely just a warning and some closed threads.

Alliance
I wouldn't say its spamming yet, but then again what do I know.

You could say I spam this forum because I post everywhere all the time.

Shakyamunison
To over do these kinds of threads, or to over do any kind of thread, is being disrespectful to other people on the forum. Especially to continue after being asked to stop.

DigiMark007
To over do these kinds of threads, or to over do any kind of thread, is being disrespectful to other people on the forum. Especially to continue after being asked to stop.

yes

There's a big difference between posting essentially the same thing a bunch of times, and posting a lot but having varying purposes and messages to your posts. We don't punish activity, just excessive activity that gets annoying/upsetting to others.

That said, this isn't my forum, and he appears to have slowed down considerably. I honestly doubt I'll have to do anything about it, and in the meantime I'm not too annoyed by this stuff...even if it's a bit pointless to post again and again.

Regret
Originally posted by DigiMark007
yes

There's a big difference between posting essentially the same thing a bunch of times, and posting a lot but having varying purposes and messages to your posts. We don't punish activity, just excessive activity that gets annoying/upsetting to others.

That said, this isn't my forum, and he appears to have slowed down considerably. I honestly doubt I'll have to do anything about it, and in the meantime I'm not too annoyed by this stuff...even if it's a bit pointless to post again and again.

Thank you for the comments.

He does seem to be slowing down, and his posts seem to be more thoughtful recently, not as heavy on length and lack of thoughtful content. I hope that if his threads continue as they are, they are combined into one big "Jesus loves, died for, is sick of, etc. you." thread.

JesusIsAlive
So. Jesus DID die for you all, and Jesus DOES love you all even if no one else does.

Alliance
No. smile

Roland
Jesus loves me, this I know for JIA told me so. . .

huh

Alliance
I love children's propoganda!

debbiejo
You can have that now....You don't need anyone to give it to you....Mithra also died to give you these things.....

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by debbiejo
You can have that now....You don't need anyone to give it to you....Mithra also died to give you these things.....

Debbiejo you are an ANTICHRIST.

1 John 2:22
Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

1 John 4:3
and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

2 John 1:7
For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

debbiejo
blink

No, no.........I'm the wrong sex for that....It would go against scripture wouldn't it??

*looks on forehead for 666*............Oh no!! Get it off!

Imperial_Samura
blink

No, no.........I'm the wrong sex for that....It would go against scripture wouldn't it??

*looks on forehead for 666*............Oh no!! Get it off!

I knew it! So... when are you going to take over the UN and do you need a lieutenant?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by JesusIsAlive

Who is a liar but he who denies that Jesus is the Christ? He is antichrist who denies the Father and the Son.

and every spirit that does not confess that Jesus Christ has come in the flesh is not of God. And this is the spirit of the Antichrist, which you have heard was coming, and is now already in the world.

For many deceivers have gone out into the world who do not confess Jesus Christ as coming in the flesh. This is a deceiver and an antichrist.

Notice that I said AN ANTICHRIST, not THE ANTICHRIST. An antichrist is described in the abovementioned verses.

debbiejo
I knew it! So... when are you going to take over the UN and do you need a lieutenant? Well, we all seem to have the "Mark"....and that would condemn us to the fable place of torment....

Of course JIA is quoting Paul again and not Jesus......Paul as we know created his OWN doctrine...that is why the church is called "Pauline"...meaning based upon Pauls interpretations, not Jesus....HE added to them and mixed them with Mithra which was strong and very influential in Tarsus (Where Paul was from).......

These people are worshippers of Paul........

Shakyamunison
Notice that I said AN ANTICHRIST, not THE ANTICHRIST. An antichrist is described in the abovementioned verses.

The bible is not always true.

Alliance
True.

Regret

Roland

Jeez that's a pretty judgemental and prejudistic thing to say especially from someone who says he is spreading God's word and is trying to help us. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Waits for the Bible quote reply...

Alliance
laughing

JesusIsAlive

Shakyamunison

Roland
Debbiejo, you are full of deceit, a child of the devil, and an enemy of all righteousness. Will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

Acts 13:10
and said, “O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness, will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?

wow, is all I can say. . .

Shakyamunison
^ "He who is without sin cast the first stone"

Roland
Shakyamunison my post was not intended for you, you just posted faster than me, sorry about that misunderstanding. It was directed towards JIA. sad

finti
yeah gather behind the false prophet by al means .................................f***king morons

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Roland
Shakyamunison my post was not intended for you, you just posted faster than me, sorry about that misunderstanding. It was directed towards JIA. sad

embarrasment laughing I was talking to JesusIsAlive, but what you said sounded like it fit. laughing

Roland
laughing well that's good that you didn't misunderstand it but I edited it anyways, oh well.

Imperial_Samura

Nellinator
Remember the Bible you advocate so greatly was not written by Jesus, it was written by people based, apparently, on what Jesus said. AFTER his death. Some time AFTER his death. And of 12 Disciples only four got a call back to go in the Bible at the council. That isn't even a majority. I think it is valid for Debbiejo to comment on the possibility that Paul may have mixed it up a little (or lot.)

, "And I tell you that you are Peter, and on this rock I will build my church, and the gates of Hell will not prove stronger than it." Matthew 16:18.

"Bear in mind that our's Lord's patience means salvation, just as our dear brother Paul also wrote you with the wisdom that God gave him." 2 Peter 3:15

I think that if Paul wrote a false gospel, Peter, who witnessed Christ first hand and who was given the highest authority on teaching the word by Christ himself, would have corrected and bashed Paul's teachings instead of commending them as coming from God. This also provideds proof that the New Testament was written in the first century. Also, if you think about Jesus, who is 'One with the Father', and therefore did write much of the Scripture and Gospel as confirmed by these verses:

"All Scripture is God-breathed and is useful for teaching, rebuking, correcting and training in righteousness."
2 Timothy 3:16
and
"Above all, you must understand that no prophecy of Scripture came about by the prophet's own interpretation. For prophecy was never had its origin in the will of man, but men spoke from God as they were carried along by the Holy Spirit." 2 Peter 1:20-21.

Alliance
You really seem to have it in for Debbiejo.

Its really actually a common problem. Lots of us were "smote"

JesusIsAlive
huh

You really seem to have it in for Debbiejo. Son.. hehehe.

But anyway she is talking from a historical viewpoint. Remember the Bible you advocate so greatly was not written by Jesus, it was written by people based, apparently, on what Jesus said. AFTER his death. Some time AFTER his death. And of 12 Disciples only four got a call back to go in the Bible at the council. That isn't even a majority. I think it is valid for Debbiejo to comment on the possibility that Paul may have mixed it up a little (or lot.)

I do not have it in for anyone not even you Imperial_Samura or your boy Alliance.

I am against the persistent blasphemy and deceit that I believe Debbiejo puts forth with unmitigated gall. I am not against her, but she is the purveyor of the untruths so it looks as though I am against "her." I oppose what she spews because she cannot substantiate it by or with the Bible. Everything that I write--EVERYTHING--is backed up, supported, substantiated, predicated, and based on the Bible--God's Word. But what Debbiejo writes is not and yet she persists in disseminating fallacy and stark--for one of a better way to say it--LIES.

There was a man named Sergius Paulus, an intelligent man, who also was a proconsul. This man called for Barnabas and Saul (Paul's original name) and sought to hear the Word of God. However, there was a sorcerer who was also a false prophet, named Elymas. This man withstood and opposed Barnabas and Saul (Paul), seeking to turn the proconsul away from the faith. Then Saul, who also is called Paul, filled with the Holy Spirit, looked intently at him (Elymas) and said, "O full of all deceit and all fraud, you son of the devil, you enemy of all righteousness will you not cease perverting the straight ways of the Lord?--Acts 13:6-12 paraphrased by me.

If it is okay for Saul (Paul) to say this to someone then it is okay for me. And, trust me I have fought to refrain from characterizing Debbiejo with this verse of Scripture. But hey, if the shoe fits....

JesusIsAlive
^ "He who is without sin cast the first stone"

Shakyamunison you are not even a Christian--not judging you, I am just basing this on your posts. I can tell who knows Jesus and who doesn't simply by what they say or write until they show me as it were, otherwise. Get saved FIRST, then if I get out of line you can have the authority to call me on the carpet--in love though, Christian love. It is okay for Christians to rebuke other Christians Paul did it to Peter. But for a non-Christian to try and use Scripture--which they don't even know well is misplaced. That would be like me trying to rebuke a muslim with their koran. I would need to become a Muslim to rebuke another Muslim. This is my point of view.

Galatians 2:11
Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed;

JesusIsAlive

Debbiejo, this is ANOTHER GOSPEL. This is what I mean when I say that you do not have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of you and that I can tell that you are not saved. How can you write what you wrote in the above post and call yourself saved?

Galatians 1:6-9
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel , 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

Bardock42
I have no problem with Jesus, but his followers are pretty stupid....I'm sure he agrees though and we will party in heaven while you intolerant bigot ****s burn in hell happy

Shakyamunison
Shakyamunison you are not even a Christian--not judging you, I am just basing this on your posts. I can tell who knows Jesus and who doesn't simply by what they say or write until they show me as it were, otherwise. Get saved FIRST, then if I get out of line you can have the authority to call me on the carpet--in love though, Christian love. It is okay for Christians to rebuke other Christians Paul did it to Peter. But for a non-Christian to try and use Scripture--which they don't even know well is misplaced. That would be like me trying to rebuke a muslim with their koran. I would need to become a Muslim to rebuke another Muslim. This is my point of view.

Galatians 2:11
Now when Peter had come to Antioch, I withstood him to his face, because he was to be blamed;

I was saved many years ago. roll eyes (sarcastic) Do not be so arrogant, pride cometh before the fall.

Shakyamunison
Debbiejo, this is ANOTHER GOSPEL. This is what I mean when I say that you do not have the Holy Spirit living on the inside of you and that I can tell that you are not saved. How can you write what you wrote in the above post and call yourself saved?

Galatians 1:6-9
6 I marvel that you are turning away so soon from Him who called you in the grace of Christ, to a different gospel , 7 which is not another; but there are some who trouble you and want to pervert the gospel of Christ. 8 But even if we, or an angel from heaven, preach any other gospel to you than what we have preached to you, let him be accursed. 9 As we have said before, so now I say again, if anyone preaches any other gospel to you than what you have received, let him be accursed.

So once you are saved you can be unsaved? I don't think that bible supports that. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nellinator
Yes it does.

"The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you." 2 Chronicles 15:2 (Another useful verse in the Chronicles, how about that).

"If we disown him, he will also disown us" 2 Timothy 2:12.

"But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God" Luke 12:9.

The evidence is fairly clear.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Nellinator
Yes it does.

"The Lord is with you when you are with him. If you seek him, he will be found by you, but if you forsake him, he will forsake you." 2 Chronicles 15:2 (Another useful verse in the Chronicles, how about that).

"If we disown him, he will also disown us" 2 Timothy 2:12.

"But he who disowns me before men will be disowned before the angels of God" Luke 12:9.

The evidence is fairly clear.

Is it for you to judge rather someone is with God or not?

debbiejo
Debbiejo, this is ANOTHER GOSPEL. Yes it is another gospel......the one that came FIRST!!.........As for being antiChrist, I suppose I am not that I have anything against Jesus, it's would what the church did to make him the "Christ"........and in doing so made slaves of you all..

I guess most of us thinking people are antichrists.......*damn 666 won't come off* roll eyes (sarcastic)

Nellinator
Is it for you to judge rather someone is with God or not? No, it is not, but some people do make it clear and state it themselves. However, I leave it to God to decide on Judgement Day.

Alliance
If debbie is the antichrsit.....then what the heck am I???? laughing

Shakyamunison
No, it is not, but some people do make it clear and state it themselves. However, I leave it to God to decide on Judgement Day.

There is hope for you. big grin

Alliance
laughing all you religious people and your hope. I just say he's doomed. laughing

...kind of.

Shakyamunison
laughing all you religious people and your hope. I just say he's doomed. laughing

...kind of.

What? confused

debbiejo
If debbie is the antichrsit.....then what the heck am I???? laughing You're one too.......anyone one that does not profess Jesus is the Messiah and is Lord (btw Lord was used to mean many things back then), and that Jeus is not god is Anti Christ.......meaning against Christ...

Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright, oh yeah
Jesus is just alright with me, jesus is just alright

Alliance
Can't I be the Mega-Antichrist or somehitng cooler?

Imperial_Samura
Can't I be the Mega-Antichrist or somehitng cooler?

You could be regular Antichrist but with the ability to go Super Saiyan, which apprently makes you more powerful and gives you spikey hair.

JesusIsAlive
Regardless of what anyone thinks of me I am not here to make me look good or to win any argument. Jesus Christ is personally inviting every one of you to spend eternity with Him in Paradise. Jesus died to give you eternal life, peace, joy, comfort, abundance, love, and happiness. You may not experience all of these things in this life right now but YOU CAN in the life to come. Don't die in your sins, die in Christ (i.e. forgiven of all your sins). I will put up with all the flack, criticism, hostility, anger, oppositon, hatred, misunderstanding, etc. It does not even faze me. I am well persuaded that God is true, Jesus is true, Heaven is true, and Hell is true (unfortunately). Yes, Jesus Christ is alive; He rose from the dead triumphantly. He who is of God hears God's Words. Many of you are not of God that is why you do not hear (i.e. understand). You do not know when you will breath your last breath. Don't die in your sins. Ask Jesus into your heart sincerely by faith. You have nothing to lose. If what I am telling you is untrue (but it is not) you are still going to die. But I do speak the truth, my God bearing witness. I want to see everyone of you in Heaven when I die. I want to see your faces shine with the glory of God. I want to see your faces as you see God in all of His splendor, glory, and majesty sitting on His throne. I want to watch as the Lord Jesus Christ embraces you in His everlasting love. I want to watch you marvel as you walk on streets of pure transparent gold. I want to see your expression as you realize that the Word is true all along and that you almost missed Heaven because of unbelief. Don't miss Heaven. This may be your last chance to accept Love (i.e. Jesus Christ). Love is Christ and Christ is Love. Receive His love into your heart by faith and you will be saved. You will have eternal security. You will never die again. You will live with Christ Jesus in eternal love and peace. This is Jesus Christ's personal promise to you.

http://www.tbn.org/index.php/1.html (Could this be your destiny?)

http://www.tbn.org/index.php/2.html (Watch TBN if you want to know the Truth)

smile

Alliance
spam

Imperial_Samura
Where I used to live there was a guy called Tony Lehey who owned a used car yard. Every one of his TV adverts ended with "...This is Tony Lehey's personal promise to you."

It seems like that claim is used in any situation where logic would require ones doubt (and with good reason, his cars were crap.)

Tell me, Jesus, upon getting up from being dead - why didn't he go into the cities again and really show up the people who cruicified him, kind of go "nay nay! Look at what I can do!" instead of just spending time with a small group (and yes, it was a small group compared to the people he could have shown himself off to)?

Alliance
Because myth can only cover up so many real events. Myth can cover up resurrection AND reimbodiment.

BUt this hole scenario is funny, because if Jesus was such a good guy, wouldn't he have gone to heavan anyway? Why did he need to wait for three days? If he was resurrected, how could his physical form go to heaven? If his form wasn't physical, how come it wasn't in heaven already?

THe whole scenario doesn't make sense....people are just wowed by the sfx.

JesusIsAlive
Where I used to live there was a guy called Tony Lehey who owned a used car yard. Every one of his TV adverts ended with "...This is Tony Lehey's personal promise to you."

It seems like that claim is used in any situation where logic would require ones doubt (and with good reason, his cars were crap.)

Tell me, Jesus, upon getting up from being dead - why didn't he go into the cities again and really show up the people who cruicified him, kind of go "nay nay! Look at what I can do!" instead of just spending time with a small group (and yes, it was a small group compared to the people he could have shown himself off to)?

Dear Imperial_Samura,

You just don't get it do you? Your rationalizations about what Jesus should have done are pointless at best (if this offends you then I apologize). God's WAYS are higher than yours and He will NEVER condescend to YOUR or anyone else's thinking or rationalizations.

smile

Shakyamunison
Dear Imperial_Samura,

You just don't get it do you? Your rationalizations about what Jesus should have done are pointless at best (if this offends you then I apologize). God's WAYS are higher than yours and He will NEVER condescend to YOUR or anyone else's thinking or rationalizations.

smile

Your god's way is not higher if he is a male.

Imperial_Samura
Dear Imperial_Samura,

smile

God creates man. God gives man a mind and free will. God thus gives man the ability to rationalize. Why did God do this if it serves no purpose?

God gives man an appendix. The appendix serves no purpose other then occasionally bursting and causing extreme pain in a person, solved by cutting the appendix out. Why did God do this?

God created the universe. But according to the bible earth is the only thing that matters, and we are the only life. Why all this other stuff out there? Why did God do this?

I think it is valid - God apparently, according to your Bible, made us in his image. Shouldn't there be a degree of understanding? And why does God go about his affairs in such an illogical way - Jesus could have really shown himself off, it would have been a powerful tool of conversion. But he didn't. Yet God wants people to convert above all else. Yet he doesn't use apparent chances to convince people.

Templares
Dear Imperial_Samura,

You just don't get it do you? Your rationalizations about what Jesus should have done are pointless at best (if this offends you then I apologize). God's WAYS are higher than yours and He will NEVER condescend to YOUR or anyone else's thinking or rationalizations

God is merely testing our faith laughing.
God works in mysterious ways laughing.

Catch-all phrases/explanations to any negative occurence on a faithful's life.

EDIT: Wrong quote quoted the first time.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Templares
God is merely testing our faith laughing.
God works in mysterious ways laughing.

Catch-all phrases/explanations to any negative occurence on the faithful's life.

Yes, I agree with you. That is like saying I am right regardless of how wrong I am.

JesusIsAlive
God creates man. God gives man a mind and free will. God thus gives man the ability to rationalize. Why did God do this if it serves no purpose?

God gives man an appendix. The appendix serves no purpose other then occasionally bursting and causing extreme pain in a person, solved by cutting the appendix out. Why did God do this?

God created the universe. But according to the bible earth is the only thing that matters, and we are the only life. Why all this other stuff out there? Why did God do this?

I think it is valid - God apparently, according to your Bible, made us in his image. Shouldn't there be a degree of understanding? And why does God go about his affairs in such an illogical way - Jesus could have really shown himself off, it would have been a powerful tool of conversion. But he didn't. Yet God wants people to convert above all else. Yet he doesn't use apparent chances to convince people.

You and Debbiejo are truly something else Imperial_Samura. You too are little children compared to God. I know you too think that your logic makes sense, but it DOES NOT MAKE FAITH. That is the crux of the whole matter. No matter what YOU THINK, RATIONALIZE, or what have you it will never amount to faith so it cannot please God. Your thinking just doesn't square up with God's modus operandi. God DOESN'T think the way that YOU THINK that He should think--at all. And you know what? He never will. You two have so many child-like rationalizations for everything relative to God. They are quite amusing (again, I apologize if I am offending you two) because no matter how sincere you both are you are not operating in faith. So none of what you deduce or rationalize will get you to where you want to be with God. All of it is in vain. You guys will see what I am talking about. I am not trying to offend you two. smile

Magee
Jesusisalive ur a fat retard who needs to open his mind and stop being so stuck up/arrogant (sorry if i offended you), works both ways doesn't it? It's people like you who put me off the idea of Christianity and religion in general. Its all about faith my friend and your talking like you have all the facts, quoting the bible like it means something.

Storm
Watch your words Magee!

Impediment
So. Jesus DID die for you all, and Jesus DOES love you all even if no one else does.

Thats okay. I have the love of my family and friends. I don't need the "love" of a mythical figure.

Shakyamunison
Originally posted by Impediment
Thats okay. I have the love of my family and friends. I don't need the "love" of a mythical figure.

thumb up There is nothing to be saved from.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Magee
Jesusisalive ur a fat retard who needs to open his mind and stop being so stuck up/arrogant (sorry if i offended you), works both ways doesn't it? It's people like you who put me off the idea of Christianity and religion in general. Its all about faith my friend and your talking like you have all the facts, quoting the bible like it means something.

Oh, but I DO have ALL the FACTS and they are spelled B-I-B-L-E. I told you all from the beginning that my foundation, basis, and premise is the Word of God. And you know what? I have not deviated. Let that marinate. smile

Shakyamunison
Oh, but I DO have ALL the FACTS and they are spelled B-I-B-L-E. I told you all from the beginning that my foundation, basis, and premise is the Word of God. And you know what? I have not deviated. Let that marinate. smile

You are confused about what a fact is.

gordomuchacho

Jesusisalive, look i believe in god and jesus christ as much as you do, but there isn't facts to prove thhat what happened in the bible really happened that way. I stated this in the infallible bible thread, but its not even known whether or not the men who supposedly wrote the 4 gospels ever did write them and they could totally have been written by some random guys who put the names of those 4 men on the gospels. It is only a matter of faith and whether or not you truly believe in god. A lot of these people don't and I've seen you try to quote bible verses a lot. Its not going to change anyones opinion if they don't fidn the bible to be a reliable source to begin with. Relentlessly throwing this stuff out there seems to be making people even less likely to pursue chirstianity than with none of this beign thrown out there. Just try to respect other people's beliefs rahter thna saying tis not true, it does say in the bible that god is a merciful god so even if these people don't believe now, they most likely will have soem kidn fo chance to redeem themselves in the afterlife.

Imperial_Samura
You and Debbiejo are truly something else Imperial_Samura. You too are little children compared to God. I know you too think that your logic makes sense, but it DOES NOT MAKE FAITH. That is the crux of the whole matter. No matter what YOU THINK, RATIONALIZE, or what have you it will never amount to faith so it cannot please God. Your thinking just doesn't square up with God's modus operandi. God DOESN'T think the way that YOU THINK that He should think--at all. And you know what? He never will. You two have so many child-like rationalizations for everything relative to God. They are quite amusing (again, I apologize if I am offending you two) because no matter how sincere you both are you are not operating in faith. So none of what you deduce or rationalize will get you to where you want to be with God. All of it is in vain. You guys will see what I am talking about. I am not trying to offend you two. smile

I am pleased you think rationalisation is a child thing. Hmmm, I remember fondly of things I took on faith when I lacked the maturity to think for myself as much and rationalise and use logic and common sense. These faiths were called Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. But my mind was fast and I quickly out grew them (quicker then pretty much all the other kids my age.) How is it different what you are advocating here? Don't use your God given brain... just believe Imperial. Just believe.

And you aren't giving your God much credit. Are you saying he is incapable of understanding his creation? One of the basic parts of sentience and a normal working mind is the ability to understand a. other people think and b. understand the way they do. This is God. He can think however he wants - and if he existed and actually cared I think he would understand the minds of the things he CREATED and the way they WORK. The whole "Go doesn't think like they, thus the way you think is useless" is a joke - explain why God made us this way if this way is in fact wrong.

Well, if that is the case, then your all loving God is the one who has doomed me. The way my mind works, its rationalisation etc - that is me. Always had been. If we assume, as you seem to imply, that God created us, then he made me like this. He made me in a way that I would be unable to blindly accept. Why would he do this I ask? You make out it is I, being petulant and refusing to see, yet I notice in this ands the other thread you failed to explain how a person is meant to oppress their mind in order to meet the criteria of what you think faith is.

debbiejo
*waits for verses*

Lord Urizen

laughing You are so LOST !

A God of Hate, a God of Discrimination, a God of narrow mindedness, a God of hypocrisy, a God if contradictions, a God of many flaws, a God of failed churches...is no God for me. nonono

Ask Yourself my ignorant freind (I don't mean to offend you roll eyes (sarcastic) )...How does a God who created something as complex and chaotic as the universe ,care for such miniscule things such as men shaving thier beards, men having sex with other men, and women becoming church authorities?

It all seems clearly ABSURD to me. thumb down

Alliance
oh sh*t....

... i shaved this morning. fear

Nellinator
Originally posted by Lord Urizen
laughing You are so LOST !

A God of Hate, a God of Discrimination, a God of narrow mindedness, a God of hypocrisy, a God if contradictions, a God of many flaws, a God of failed churches...is no God for me. nonono

Ask Yourself my ignorant freind (I don't mean to offend you roll eyes (sarcastic) )...How does a God who created something as complex and chaotic as the universe ,care for such miniscule things such as men shaving thier beards, men having sex with other men, and women becoming church authorities?

It all seems clearly ABSURD to me. thumb down
A God of love. If you think he is a God of hate you are horribly misreading the scriptures and I would require proof of this hatred. Discrimination against who? I'll assume you are referring to homosexuals and answer you this: discrimination is bias based on what we are not what we do. Homosexual actions are condemned not being homosexual. A God of narrowmindedness? How so? If someone does find everything permissable they are not narrowminded. You need to realize this. A God of hypocracy? Where? When? Back up your claims if you can. Contradictions? This has been brought up before and you need to understand that there are no contradictions. Flaws? None. Failed churches? Human error not God's. It is the result of free will not God's will. Women can be church authorities in Biblical Christianity so do not make false claims please, homosexuality is not miniscule by the definition you used because it is in contrast to God's design. And men are allowed to shave their beards. Please quit attempting to bash God without valid claims. It is pointless.

Storm
Actions of hatred, intolerance, etc. have proven that there is some serious miscommunication between God and some theists.

JesusIsAlive

Fanor

Alliance
Except for the "Christian" ones that try to burn their children because they are homosexual.

Bardiel13
Except for the "Christian" ones that try to burn their children because they are homosexual.
God's love in action! yes

Alliance
*wah-PAM!*

JesusIsAlive
I am pleased you think rationalisation is a child thing. Hmmm, I remember fondly of things I took on faith when I lacked the maturity to think for myself as much and rationalise and use logic and common sense. These faiths were called Santa Claus, Easter Bunny and Tooth Fairy. But my mind was fast and I quickly out grew them (quicker then pretty much all the other kids my age.) How is it different what you are advocating here? Don't use your God given brain... just believe Imperial. Just believe.

And you aren't giving your God much credit. Are you saying he is incapable of understanding his creation? One of the basic parts of sentience and a normal working mind is the ability to understand a. other people think and b. understand the way they do. This is God. He can think however he wants - and if he existed and actually cared I think he would understand the minds of the things he CREATED and the way they WORK. The whole "Go doesn't think like they, thus the way you think is useless" is a joke - explain why God made us this way if this way is in fact wrong.

Well, if that is the case, then your all loving God is the one who has doomed me. The way my mind works, its rationalisation etc - that is me. Always had been. If we assume, as you seem to imply, that God created us, then he made me like this. He made me in a way that I would be unable to blindly accept. Why would he do this I ask? You make out it is I, being petulant and refusing to see, yet I notice in this ands the other thread you failed to explain how a person is meant to oppress their mind in order to meet the criteria of what you think faith is.

Imperial_Samura,

There are some things that God wants/expects us to accept by faith (e.g., salvation only through Jesus Christ). I am not saying that God wants you to check your brain at the door as it were and never use it to rationalize, deduce, infer, and just plain old think. Perhaps that is the impression that I left you with. God is not a man (i.e., human being). We (myself included) should constantly remind ourselves of this fact. God does not think (i.e., rationalize or apply logic to various situations) the way that we do. God is rational and sensible but He (or His mind trancends the human mind infinitely). We cannot perceive reality the way that God does unless He permits us to. There are no limits on His intelligence, no constraints, barriers, or boundaries. God is the true, consummate out-of-the-box Thinker (in every sense of the word). But we are not. We see things from certain vantage points at times but still our thinking is very limited. God sees the end at the beginning. In fact, God forsees every possible ramification, effect, result, and consequence for every situation before He makes a decision. We do not have that kind of capacity. That is why we make mistakes. God never makes a mistake. How can God make a mistake when He sees or has knowledge about a situation before He acts? But see WE THINK (there goes our brilliant minds again, thinking that we somehow know something that God does not) that if God commands something of His creation and we do the complete opposite, that God was somehow in the dark about that. God knows what will happen 1000 years from now, and He is able to describe it in accurate detail.

I will have to revisit this post I am not done with it.

Nellinator

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
I cant either.

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
laughing

JesusIsAlive

There are a number of Scripture verses that seem or appear at first glance without careful study to indicate that Jesus is not God. For example,

John 17:3
And this is eternal life, that they may know You, the only true God, and Jesus Christ whom You have sent .

This verse is used invariably by Jehovah's Witnesses to make Jesus subordinate to the Father and to un-deify Him. Jesus is not saying that He Himself is not God, He is merely stating for time immemorial that God (Whom He is praying to) is the One True God as opposed to all of the false gods out there. Folks there are a plethora of Scripture verses where the Holy Spirit inspired writers referred to Jesus as God. Examine the entire Word of God before coming to a definitive conclusion about something.

SeptemberRain

Im an antichrist. yippee!
Happy Dance
well actually I am an atheist.

Nobody died for me. I hate religous fanatics. damn preacher

Lord Urizen
A God of love. If you think he is a God of hate you are horribly misreading the scriptures and I would require proof of this hatred. Discrimination against who? I'll assume you are referring to homosexuals and answer you this: discrimination is bias based on what we are not what we do. Homosexual actions are condemned not being homosexual. A God of narrowmindedness? How so? If someone does find everything permissable they are not narrowminded. You need to realize this. A God of hypocracy? Where? When? Back up your claims if you can. Contradictions? This has been brought up before and you need to understand that there are no contradictions. Flaws? None. Failed churches? Human error not God's. It is the result of free will not God's will. Women can be church authorities in Biblical Christianity so do not make false claims please, homosexuality is not miniscule by the definition you used because it is in contrast to God's design. And men are allowed to shave their beards. Please quit attempting to bash God without valid claims. It is pointless.

Denial.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay Nelly my dear freind. Let me present you with various Biblical contradictions:

1)

EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.

ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

2)

PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.

JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them

3)

JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.

JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

4)

GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

5)

PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.

ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.

1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

6)

ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.

DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Okay bro.....explain those contradictions for me. smile

Nellinator
Denial.... roll eyes (sarcastic)

Okay Nelly my dear freind. Let me present you with various Biblical contradictions:
1)
EXO 15:3 The LORD is a man of war: the LORD is his name.
ROM 15:33 Now the God of peace be with you all. Amen.

2)
PSA 145:9 The LORD is good to all: and his tender mercies are over all his works.
JER 13:14 And I will dash them one against another, even the fathers and the sons together, saith the LORD: I will not pity, nor spare, nor have mercy, but destroy them

3)
JOH 10:30 I and my Father are one.
JOH 14:28 Ye have heard how I said unto you, I go away, and come again unto you. If ye loved me, ye would rejoice, because I said, I go unto the Father: for my Father is greater than I.

4)
GEN 1:25 And God made the beast of the earth after his kind, and cattle after their kind, and every thing that creepeth upon the earth after his kind: and God saw that it was good.
GEN 1:26 And God said, Let us make man in our image, after our likeness: and let them have dominion over the fish of the sea, and over the fowl of the air, and over the cattle, and over all the earth, and over every creeping thing that creepeth upon the earth.

GEN 2:18 And the LORD God said, It is not good that the man should be alone; I will make him an help meet for him.
GEN 2:19 And out of the ground the LORD God formed every beast of the field, and every fowl of the air; and brought them unto Adam to see what he would call them: and whatsoever Adam called every living creature, that was the name thereof.

5)
PRO 4:7 Wisdom is the principal thing; therefore get wisdom: and with all thy getting get understanding.
ECC 1:18 For in much wisdom is much grief: and he that increaseth knowledge increaseth sorrow.
1 Cor.1:19: "For it is written, I will destroy the wisdom of the wise, and wil bring to nothing the understanding of the prudent."

6)
ISA 14:21 Prepare slaughter for his children for the iniquity of their fathers; that they do not rise, nor possess the land, nor fill the face of the world with cities.
DEU 24:16 The fathers shall not be put to death for the children, neither shall the children be put to death for the fathers: every man shall be put to death for his own sin.

Okay bro.....explain those contradictions for me. smile
Now it is important to remember that I can except my word for all knowing truth , but can give you my opinion based on Biblical truths on these matters. You got me flipping around my Bible to make sure that I would not take passages out of context.

1) This one is relatively simple. He is God of both. God is the God of peace, but when war is needed or arises, God is all powerful and can not be defeated. The ancient porverb that might also explain this is "War makes peace."

2) This is probably the toughest question to answer that non-Christians frequently ask.
I also have thought and pondered over these types of passages.
Now in direct relation to the ones you have mentioned... the second part may be better translated as "he has compassion on all he has made" which can be evidenced by the sending of His only begotten Son. God has compassion on everyone and gives ample oppurtunity for repentance. Also, you can read just above this verse in Psalm 145:8 that "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." However, sometimes our sin forces God's hand against us. God can take vengeance, but he usually does this to spare others from having to suffer the same fate.

3) No contradiction here because Jesus is not disclaiming himself as God, but rather saying that though they share the same spirit, God is greater (mainly, I believe because he does not have flesh).

4) The passages in Genesis 2 are not placing the events in order. You have to read the entire creation account to see this. Therefore, there is no contradiction.

5) This is not a contradiction, but rather a deep truth of existence. What it basically means is that wisdom does not necessarily lead to salvation.

6) What I am seeing here is the Law which applies to humans punishing each other and the Lord taking action on behalf of his people. In the Law people are not to punish children for the mistakes of their fathers. However, God punishes Babylon so that it will never rise again by eliminating its people which are would have been bound to corrupt many through its evil ways and corruption. These simply illustrate an important difference between God and man.

Lord Urizen
Now it is important to remember that I can except my word for all knowing truth , but can give you my opinion based on Biblical truths on these matters. You got me flipping around my Bible to make sure that I would not take passages out of context.

Okay....flipping is always good smile

1) This one is relatively simple. He is God of both. God is the God of peace, but when war is needed or arises, God is all powerful and can not be defeated. The ancient porverb that might also explain this is "War makes peace."

"War makes peace" is the biggest misconception any person can beleive. True peace does not evolve from the slaughter of innocent people....just look at the state of this world. Has peace ever really prevailed over all ? No....war is stronger.

2) This is probably the toughest question to answer that non-Christians frequently ask.
I also have thought and pondered over these types of passages.
Now in direct relation to the ones you have mentioned... the second part may be better translated as "he has compassion on all he has made" which can be evidenced by the sending of His only begotten Son. God has compassion on everyone and gives ample oppurtunity for repentance. Also, you can read just above this verse in Psalm 145:8 that "The Lord is gracious and compassionate, slow to anger and rich in love." However, sometimes our sin forces God's hand against us. God can take vengeance, but he usually does this to spare others from having to suffer the same fate.

God would make sons and fathers turn against each other ? That's more then just vengeance Nell, that's sadistic....I didn't know God was capable of sadism. no

To spare others from suffering the same fate ? I thought we each were responsible for our own sins? You mean that YOU could accidently suffer God's wrath, because I'm a "sexual deviant" ? My "sin" has nothing to do with you, yet you could accidently be punished by God for somethign that has nothing to do with you?

Why would God even think to punish someone who didnt deserve it ? Or send a punishment that hurts EVERYONE instead of just the people he feels deserve it ?

3) No contradiction here because Jesus is not disclaiming himself as God, but rather saying that though they share the same spirit, God is greater (mainly, I believe because he does not have flesh).

So if he have flesh, then we're inferior? God created flesh...how could he create something so unclean?

Oh wait...he created Hell....my bad.

4) The passages in Genesis 2 are not placing the events in order. You have to read the entire creation account to see this. Therefore, there is no contradiction.

There's a major contradiction..first it says God made the beasts before the man, then it says he made the man before the beasts...

which is it ?

5) This is not a contradiction, but rather a deep truth of existence. What it basically means is that wisdom does not necessarily lead to salvation.

So the less we know, the better ?

Is it unwise to follow the path of God ?

6) What I am seeing here is the Law which applies to humans punishing each other and the Lord taking action on behalf of his people. In the Law people are not to punish children for the mistakes of their fathers. However, God punishes Babylon so that it will never rise again by eliminating its people which are would have been bound to corrupt many through its evil ways and corruption. These simply illustrate an important difference between God and man.

So God says that human beings should not kill the children of evil people, but then God tells the Isrealites to slaughter the children of evil people ?

There's a major contradiction abrew.....

You have successfully countered nothing.....

Alliance
The ancient proverb should read... "War forces Peace"

and forced peaces never solve anything.

Nellinator
"War makes peace" is the biggest misconception any person can beleive. True peace does not evolve from the slaughter of innocent people....just look at the state of this world. Has peace ever really prevailed over all ? No....war is stronger.

God would make sons and fathers turn against each other ? That's more then just vengeance Nell, that's sadistic....I didn't know God was capable of sadism. no
To spare others from suffering the same fate ? I thought we each were responsible for our own sins? You mean that YOU could accidently suffer God's wrath, because I'm a "sexual deviant" ? My "sin" has nothing to do with you, yet you could accidently be punished by God for somethign that has nothing to do with you?
Why would God even think to punish someone who didnt deserve it ? Or send a punishment that hurts EVERYONE instead of just the people he feels deserve it ?

So if he have flesh, then we're inferior? God created flesh...how could he create something so unclean?
Oh wait...he created Hell....my bad.

There's a major contradiction..first it says God made the beasts before the man, then it says he made the man before the beasts...
which is it ?

So the less we know, the better ?
Is it unwise to follow the path of God ?

So God says that human beings should not kill the children of evil people, but then God tells the Isrealites to slaughter the children of evil people ?
There's a major contradiction abrew.....
As I said. War is sometimes necessary. God will move in wars to favour the righteous.

We all deserve punishment. Humans are terrible creatures that lie, steal, murder, etc... And God sends his punishment on those that deserve it. Since we responsible for our own sins the punishment is deserved.
I was saying more that terrible and unremorseful sinners (such as Sodom and Gommorah) were punished to spare others from being corrupted by the them. Therefore God would be punishinng them for their own sins while hopefully sparing others from being likewise corrupted.

Flesh was not created unclean, it was tainted by sin.

It was beasts before man. As I said Genesis 1 is chronological, whereas Genesis 2 is not.

No, the more we know the better. The Bible says to attain wisdom no matter the cost. But, man's wisdom and God's wisdom are very different. Man's wisdom does not get one into heaven, but attaining God's wisdom is a great start.

You failed to see what I meant. Man cannot be placed in the ultimate seat of judgement. That is why two eye witness accounts were needed to put a man to death in the Law. Man cannot weigh the motives of the heart, but God can. Therefore, God can order judgement on peoples while men cannot.

Lord Urizen
As I said. War is sometimes necessary. God will move in wars to favour the righteous.

Then God is a god of slaughter, violence, torture, and murder. What makes him any better than a human being ?

We all deserve punishment. Humans are terrible creatures that lie, steal, murder, etc...

Wow... roll eyes (sarcastic) ....What a pessemistic view of this world.

Human Beings also tell the truth, give, work honestly, give life, and love.....how easily you are to condemn the negative, and ignore the positive.

You have truly proven how brainwashed you really are. yes
Thanks for clarifying. thumb up

And God sends his punishment on those that deserve it. Since we responsible for our own sins the punishment is deserved.

So we deserve a flood, we deserve war, we deserve disease, we deserve torture, we deserve all the sufferings that exist....

Those things are not spawned of Love.....those things can only come from Hatred, Cruelty, or Sadism.....your God sends us those things as punishments, therefore he is not of love.

You cannot have it both ways no Your imaginary God is either a loving being or a hateful one....

I was saying more that terrible and unremorseful sinners (such as Sodom and Gommorah) were punished to spare others from being corrupted by the them. Therefore God would be punishinng them for their own sins while hopefully sparing others from being likewise corrupted.

What were their sins ne way ?

Flesh was not created unclean, it was tainted by sin.

Tainted by Eve eating an apple? God created that fkn apple you idiot. Therefore, God created the means for sin....and he is punishing us for something he is entirely responsible for.

It was beasts before man. As I said Genesis 1 is chronological, whereas Genesis 2 is not.

But the Bible says otherwise....

No, the more we know the better. The Bible says to attain wisdom no matter the cost. But, man's wisdom and God's wisdom are very different. Man's wisdom does not get one into heaven, but attaining God's wisdom is a great start.

And I suppose you have God's wisdom ? With all your claims of having experience and Exorcism, while also claiming that we all deserve to suffer.....I beleive you are nothing more than a paranoid schizophrenic.

Get some psychiatric help.

You failed to see what I meant. Man cannot be placed in the ultimate seat of judgement. That is why two eye witness accounts were needed to put a man to death in the Law. Man cannot weigh the motives of the heart, but God can. Therefore, God can order judgement on peoples while men cannot.

How can someone who doesn't exist render judgement ?

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by SeptemberRain
Im an antichrist. yippee!
Happy Dance
well actually I am an atheist.

Nobody died for me. I hate religous fanatics. damn preacher

I have compassion for you.

Rogue Jedi
cya there!!! dont listen to all the haters here.

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

1 Corinthians 2:9
But as it is written: “ Eye has not seen, nor ear heard, Nor have entered into the heart of man, the things which God has prepared for those who love Him.”

Maybe we could be neighbors. Hey, what the heck we could have a house in New Jerusalem and one in the country (God will give us the desires of our heart if we delight ourselves in Him). I wonder what activities are going on right now in Heaven. I can't wait to go to Heaven! Heaven is going to be so great that our minds cannot even imagine it. I have had a lot of fun on this planet. I've been to a lot of places but no place...I tell you no place can hold a candel to Heaven. Think of your most thrilling experience here on earth...It doesn't come close to Heaven. Maybe you, me, Nellinator, Justbyfaith, and every other born again believer in Jesus Christ could have mansions on the same streets of pure transparent gold. I don't care for hiking but when I get to Heaven, I am going hiking. I won't have to worry about falling off of a cliff or getting attacked by any wild animals. There is perfect harmony, order, and love in Heaven. Everyone is filled with the knowledge and life of God (and God is Love and God is life), that is why there is no death, sorrow, crying, or pain in Heaven. I am probably going to ask God for a pet tiger too. No more 9 to 5 either. We will be busy but not for the sake of earning a paycheck. We will function within the scope of God's economy and God has no shortages; only surpluses. God has no recessions or economic downturns; only abundance and prosperity. Well why? See part 2

Capt_Fantastic

Tell me, what did the last supper taste like? Because you've got your tounge so far up Jesus' ass that I imagine you would know.

JesusIsAlive
Part 2

Well why doesn't Heaven have any depressions or recessions? Well the answer is simple: under our human, earthly economy human labor is necessary to harness resources for commerce. But in Heaven God creates everything that is necessary or desired. No human has to sweat and work to obtain raw materials from the earth (wood, oil, coal, cotton, wheat, sugar, etc.). Everything that we need comes from God. So since there is no human labor in Heaven then their is no need for compensation (currency to exchange for resources). You don't need money to exchange for a house (God has already provided it mortgage free). You don't need transportation (we travel at the speed of thought). You don't need a college education (their are no jobs, no need for them). There are no retail outlets (God provides our raiment pure and clean). There are no restuarants (God provides our nourishment). We eat for pleasure and enjoyment any way not to survive. There is no law of supply and demand (God provides more than enough for everyone with abundance left over). I want to swim in Heaven's river (I won't have to worry about drowning) (there's no death or pain remember). The very breezes of Heaven are permeated with God's fragrance according to some who have been there and back. All of the colors of Heaven are supremely more vibrant as well. The colors down here are like technicolor and Heaven's colors are like plasma tv colors. There are no police stations, hospitals, clinics, cemetaries, old folks homes, third world countries or poverty in Heaven (the former things have passed away). There are no fire departments, drug dealers, jails, prisons, terrorists, skid rows, gangs, pedophiles, rapists, criminals, convicts, prostitutes, or pornography (God won't allow it. The former things have passed away). There is no pollution, refineries, ozone layer depletion, nuclear missiles, bombs, nuclear warheads, or any of that. Again, just because Heaven does not feature any of these negative, fleshly things, it still will be better. These earthly things are all that we know so we almost cannot imagine life without these things. God knows that that is why He made Heaven so much better so that our eyes could open that much wider when we get there. We are going to be so exhilarated, excited, jubilated, joyous, and euphoric that we are going to jump for joy repetively the moment that we touch down in Heaven. The angel assigned to escort us there will just smile with joy as he looks upon our excitement and jubilee. We will not be able to contain our joy. We will shed tears of joy and not stop praising God. We will fall to the ground in Heaven in pure joy and amazement. We will see creatures that this earth has never known. We will see mighty angels, some with wings and some without. We will some angels who have six wings. We will see the living creatures mentioned in the fourth chapter of the Book of Revelations. See part 3

Alliance
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic
Tell me, what did the last supper taste like? Because you've got your tounge so far up Jesus' ass that I imagine you would know.

laughing

JesusIsAlive
Originally posted by Capt_Fantastic

It tasted like whatever Jesus ate.

mm...mm good!

laughing

Alliance
1. YOu dont know?

2. You engaged in a homosexual act. Hypocrite.

JesusIsAlive

JesusIsAlive
Part 4

http://option-wizard.com/aa/17.shtml

I don't want to write my own words anymore I will see who else has written about Heaven. I have other things to do at the moment.

Capt_Fantastic
It tasted like whatever Jesus ate.

mm...mm good!

laughing

What's that? Like turning the other cheek?

Bardock42

Lord Urizen
Originally posted by Rogue Jedi

Since when are Skeptics haters ?

Alliance

Didn't you know? People who use logic hate you.

Imperial_Samura
Originally posted by Bardock42
Towels

"The Hitch Hiker's Guide to the Galaxy has a few things to say on the subject of towels.
A towel, it says, is about the most massively useful thing an interstellar hitchhiker can have. Partly it has great practical value - you can wrap it around you for warmth as you bound across the cold moons of Jaglan Beta; you can lie on it on the brilliant marble-sanded beaches of Santraginus V, inhaling the heady sea vapours; you can sleep under it beneath the stars which shine so redly on the desert world of Kakrafoon; use it to sail a mini raft down the slow heavy river Moth; wet it for use in hand-to- hand-combat; wrap it round your head to ward off noxious fumes or to avoid the gaze of the Ravenous Bugblatter Beast of Traal (a mindboggingly stupid animal, it assumes that if you can't see it, it can't see you - daft as a bush, but very ravenous); you can wave your towel in emergencies as a distress signal, and of course dry yourself off with it if it still seems to be clean enough.
More importantly, a towel has immense psychological value. For some reason, if a strag (strag: non-hitch hiker) discovers that a hitch hiker has his towel with him, he will automatically assume that he is also in possession of a toothbrush, face flannel, soap, tin of biscuits, flask, compass, map, ball of string, gnat spray, wet weather gear, space suit etc., etc. Furthermore, the strag will then happily lend the hitch hiker any of these or a dozen other items that the hitch hiker might accidentally have "lost". What the strag will think is that any man who can hitch the length and breadth of the galaxy, rough it, slum it, struggle against terrible odds, win through, and still knows where his towel is is clearly a man to be reckoned with."

Yeah, I thought I just randomly quote a book...one that's better than the Bible too.

True, true.

Alliance
true-ish.

Imperial_Samura
true-ish.

Well I would argue that Hitchhikers is a more enjoyable read, even if it hasn't contributed the same amount to society (both good and bad), when one simply wants to read a book. But then that is true for anything, a dictionary is better then Hitchhikers if one wants to check their spelling, and so on.

Alliance
Most book's I've read have some sort of redeeming value.

Imperial_Samura
Most book's I've read have some sort of redeeming value.

Oh, I don't doubt it, and I remember, in English Extension a couple of years back, having to argue the value inherent in Mills & Boones romance novels. An intriguing experience. Even the most shallow books have a social value somewhere (got a great score as well.)

What I was getting at is the situation and what a person is looking for in a book. Depending on that certain books will appeal more, or be rewarding, in the context. Not long ago here there were a couple of shows on TV, Australia's favorite book and Australia's favorite movie. People voted and the top ten were revealed on TV. Anyway, I remember being surprises that the Bible got so high in the top ten. It made me wonder whether people voted for it either because of what it is (think Citizen Kane) or if there actually is a huge number of people who sit down and think "Yeah this is a great book. Great characters, great plot, I just can't put it down!" Incidentally LotRs came first.

But as to Citizen Kane - critically acclaimed technically and thematically. I agree, and it would be in my top whatever list. But while does good in "Greatest films" it never does as well in popularity contests - not because it isn't great or popular, but because it is popular in a different way then, say, Star Wars. The Bible, in literary terms, would be comparable to Citizen Kane in my view. It is worthy of respect as a book, but I don't know about it putting it ahead of more readable, "enjoyable" books.

JesusIsAlive

Alliance
Oh, I don't doubt it, and I remember, in English Extension a couple of years back, having to argue the value inherent in Mills & Boones romance novels. An intriguing experience. Even the most shallow books have a social value somewhere (got a great score as well.)

What I was getting at is the situation and what a person is looking for in a book. Depending on that certain books will appeal more, or be rewarding, in the context. Not long ago here there were a couple of shows on TV, Australia's favorite book and Australia's favorite movie. People voted and the top ten were revealed on TV. Anyway, I remember being surprises that the Bible got so high in the top ten. It made me wonder whether people voted for it either because of what it is (think Citizen Kane) or if there actually is a huge number of people who sit down and think "Yeah this is a great book. Great characters, great plot, I just can't put it down!" Incidentally LotRs came first.

But as to Citizen Kane - critically acclaimed technically and thematically. I agree, and it would be in my top whatever list. But while does good in "Greatest films" it never does as well in popularity contests - not because it isn't great or popular, but because it is popular in a different way then, say, Star Wars. The Bible, in literary terms, would be comparable to Citizen Kane in my view. It is worthy of respect as a book, but I don't know about it putting it ahead of more readable, "enjoyable" books.

Its too long. Hermann Hesse's books have been some of the most influential in my life. Siddartha is 122 pages and Demian is 145.

debbiejo

Rogue Jedi
skepticism is one thing. there are a lot of people who will bash him or her for his or her beliefs.

Alliance
HA!

You just called anyone who doesn't believe what you do a hater. And then act like Christianity is so effing oppressed.

If you actually were around this forum, you'd know that the only people who really continually bash others are Christians.

Imperial_Samura
Why would spiritual beings need things made of solids such as pearl and gold??

I always wondered about that. When people do and have described "heaven" it has always been in a way that would appeal to your average, embodied, corporeal human being. As a soul drifting about I struggle to see the purpose of trees with all sorts of fruit or mansions made of gold.

Really just seems to appeal to the greedy on earth. Maybe God thought "hmmm. How to get conversions... I know, I'll make heaven gold, then greedy humans will be practically dying to get in here, and in the process forget the logical problems with the whole shebang. Genius!"

Alliance
Really, god just likes shiny things...like little white boys with golden hair.

Imperial_Samura
Really, god just likes shiny things...like little white boys with golden hair.

Poor Draco Malfoy. God, pimpin out creation. How sad.

Nogoodnamesleft

Well, that's real nice and stuff, but I'm afraid that you're speaking complete and utter gibberish.

Alliance
Don't be affraid of gibberish, embrace it as cr@p.

debbiejo
Don't be affraid of gibberish, embrace it as cr@p. Nnnnoooooooooo...run away...!!

Alliance
Never run out of fear.

debbiejo
Never run out of fear. Oh I agree though....hmmm...

They are like nice little bunnies with GREAT BIG TEETH!! fear

Alliance
As long as its not out of fear.

Imperial_Samura
Oh I agree though....hmmm...

They are like nice little bunnies with GREAT BIG TEETH!! fear

Especially if you have the Holy Hand grenade of Antioch. Nothing kills murderous rabbits with GREAT BIG TEETH faster.

Alliance
That hand grenade compares not to Carthaginian Messiah Missiles.

Imperial_Samura
That hand grenade compares not to Carthaginian Messiah Missiles.

Meh, you want true destructive power you want a MOAB (MA'AT Obliteration Assault Batteries)

Alliance
or Born again nukes.

Imperial_Samura
or Born again nukes.

They are nasty, especially as they leave traces that continue to cause pain and suffering many years after the conversion.

Alliance
and kill anyone instantly (within 300 km)

BlackC@
JesusIsAlive you are SO...you know...WOW! jawdrop

There is an afterlife, but Hell and Heaven is a lie. Once we die, we judge OURSELVES (which is the fairest thing when you think about it)

There is only the afterlife, a place we everyone goes once they have forgiven themselves, it's a beautiful place where you rest up before you are reincarnated.

http://www.tentmaker.org/articles/ifhellisreal.htm

http://www.what-the-hell-is-hell.com/FromHellsEternalDeath.htm

There's my proof and thousands of facts proving Hell is a lie.

Where's you proof that it exists? and I don't want any of this "Because the Bible says it does' bulshit.

Mr. Sandman
Lol.

Trying to disprove hell is just as futile as trying to prove hell exists.

crazy
Originally posted by Mr. Sandman
Lol.

Trying to disprove hell is just as futile as trying to prove hell exists.

Well it is not exactly the same thing, those sites were really interesting, they disprove that the SCRIPTURE talks about hell, not that if hell physically exists or not.

finti
laughing laughing

finti
I used to be a sinner, used to have my cake and eat it
They warned me of my fate, but I was quite prepared to meet it
You'll go to Hell they smiled at me
And told me of the roaring fires
But I was happy living wild
And fueling my own desires
I was a wild man
Drinking, smoking and messing around with women
Lots of women
No, not swimming, women

I wanna go to Heaven
The place to be is right up there
I wanna go to Heaven
It's gonna be good so I won't despair

I decided to reform and pray
Beg mercy for my soul
I prayed in church
Threw away my bad habits
Prayed out of church
Adopted an entirely different role
I gave my money to the poor until I was poor
But at least I ensured that I would go up there
Instead of down below to the Inferno
Where the evil flames of desire
Burned higher and higher and higher

I'm gonna go to Heaven
Paid my dues so I'm getting in
I'm gonna go to Heaven
It's looking good if I abstain from sin

I knocked on the pearly gates
Neatly side-stepping the long queue
Waved hi to St. Peter
Who checked my card and let me through
I smiled, threw my hands in the air
Laughed and got arrested
They said hey man, you're in the wrong place
Your behaviour is a disgrace
Here we pray every hour, on the hour
Read extracts from the Bible and look solemn'
What, says I, no party?
No party?
Let me out

Let me out of Heaven
I got it wrong, no I can't stay here
No laughing in Heaven
Let me out, I just can't stay here

Well I ran around in the state of shock and panic
This wan't what I expected
Here was what looked like a bunch of manic depressives
Can I get a transfer, I screamed
But no, once you're in Heaven, you're here for good
The good of your soul, but that's no good for me
If you want to go to Hell you've really got to be bad
Okay, okay, I'll be bad
Too late
What do you mean too late
Too late
No
In the meantime

Let me out of Heaven
I've got it wrong, no I can't stay here
No laughing in Heaven
Oh God, it's awful here
Going crazy in Heaven
Take me out and let me go to hell
No laughing in Heaven
Don't laugh, this place is Hell - Ian Gillan (lead vocalist of Deep Purple and Ian Gillan band.......................and of the Black Sabbath album "Born Again"..........musical lesson over)

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>