Antares Draco Vs Ki-Adi-Mundi

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Vious
An Imperial Knight Vs a Jedi Master of the Republic.
http://starwars.wikia.com/images/thumb/6/61/AntaresDraco.jpg/250px-AntaresDraco.jpg
http://starwars.wikia.com/images/4/4f/Ki-Adi-Mundi_cartoon.jpg
Both are individuals at the top of their game (some would argue that Mace or Obi-Wan are better than Ki-Adi, but, that might be tipping the balance too far to the Republic, due to their skills so Ki-Adi is a more reasonable candidate.)

GM Nebaris
Draco. He seems to be the don of the imperial knights, with the exception of the Emporer. Mundi was a weak jedi master.

kamikz
Wait, Vious.....did you actually say that Ki-Adi is at the level of Mace and Obi-Wan?

GM Nebaris
In terms of power, Mundi is a the level of knight. I don't think he even mastered his form. He was on the council for his wisdom. Only Yoda, Windu and Plo were wiser then him.

UltimateStryfe
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
In terms of power, Mundi is a the level of knight. I don't think he even mastered his form. He was on the council for his wisdom. Only Yoda, Windu and Plo were wiser then him.

and better fighters.

GM Nebaris
In terms of fighting ability: Mace Windu, Master Yoda, Anakin Skywalker, Obi-Wan Kenobi, Plo Koon, Kit Fisto, Shaak Ti, Agen Kolar and Saesee Tinn were all greater then him. Stass Allie and Aayla Secura were the only masters on the council that were weaker then him.

Generic Hero
Mace was wise?

"Sure, let's bring 200 of our best Jedi Masters to Geonosis and let them get surrounded and pwned. Sounds great."

darthsith19
Originally posted by Generic Hero
Mace was wise?

"Sure, let's bring 200 of our best Jedi Masters to Geonosis and let them get surrounded and pwned. Sounds great."
As explained in the AOTC novel, Mace thought the Jedi could win because "The Geonosian's arn't warrior's. One Jedi has to be worth a hundred Geonosians." He didn't know that they would have to confront thousands of battledroids. And if one standard jedi = 100 Geonosians that means Jedi like Kit, Luminara, Ki-Adi, Plo Koon hell even Obi-Wan must be worth several hundred, and Mace himself maybe over a thousand.

Arcana
Originally posted by darthsith19
As explained in the AOTC novel, Mace thought the Jedi could win because "The Geonosian's arn't warrior's. One Jedi has to be worth a hundred Geonosians." He didn't know that they would have to confront thousands of battledroids. And if one standard jedi = 100 Geonosians that means Jedi like Kit, Luminara, Ki-Adi, Plo Koon hell even Obi-Wan must be worth several hundred, and Mace himself maybe over a thousand.
For the record Mace was full of shit...

http://img163.imageshack.us/img163/6797/sign7bz.png

Captain REX
Antares Draco may be the top of his game, but we haven't seen anything with him in it...yet. Perhaps Legacy#2.

Aayla Secura was not on the Council, whoever said that.

And Ki-Adi-Mundi seemed to be the third most important person on the Council. He did take on General Grievous (CW) alone at the end of that fight, though considerably fatigued from the earlier parts of the fight and the war with the droids on Hypori beforehand. He didn't win, but he stood his ground.

GM Nebaris
Hardly. He was struggling. And he is the only force user in the whole saga IIRC who tried to force push a non-force user and missed.

kamikz
No, Shakk Tii and the other two jedi missed Grievous when they tried to push him...

Darth Vious
Originally posted by kamikz
Wait, Vious.....did you actually say that Ki-Adi is at the level of Mace and Obi-Wan?
No, I didn't say that at all. Re read what I said:
Originally posted by Darth Vious
g]
Both are individuals at the top of their game (some would argue that Mace or Obi-Wan are better than Ki-Adi, but, that might be tipping the balance too far to the Republic, due to their skills so Ki-Adi is a more reasonable candidate.)
I said, that both Mace and Obi-Wan are better than Ki-Adi, so they might be too much of a challenge for Antares. Ki-Adi on the other hand, not being as powerful or skilled as them, might be a more evenly balanced opponent.

Darth Vious
Hardly. He was struggling. And he is the only force user in the whole saga IIRC who tried to force push a non-force user and missed.
He might have been struggling, but he still stoood his ground agaisnt Grievous, rather than the Jedi who had his face whipped into the floor, or the ones who were flung into the roof...
Ki-Adi didn't miss Grievous, precicely, it was just that Grievous had fast enough reactions to move out of the path of the shockwave once it was channeled. Also, I believe Shaak Ti (or one of her posse) also tried Force blasts on Grievous, which he was also able to avoid.

GM Nebaris
He is still definitely weaker then the top jedi warriors, and one of the weakest masters.

kamikz
Oh ok, sorry, I read the part, "some would argue that Mace and Obi are above Ki-Adi, but...." so I got it wrong. Again, sorry...

Actually, it was the two first jedi who missed the push, Shaak Tii hit him...

GM Nebaris
I just watched the fight scene. Ki-Adi-Mundi was the only person to attempt to forcepush Grievous, and he missed. Shaak Ti telekenetically threw some rubble at him, but he dealt with it with his saber. And Vious, you claim to be a swords expert right? If you were, you would know that Shaak Ti fended off Grievous far better then Mundi did.

kamikz
No, I'm talking about the part where Grievous attacks Courascant...

GM Nebaris
No, I'm talking about the part where Grievous attacks Courascant...

Which chapter?

kamikz
I think it is chapter 23, part 1 or 2, or 24 part 1 or 2.

GM Nebaris
Cool, thanks.

kamikz
Np

Darth Vious
Oh ok, sorry, I read the part, "some would argue that Mace and Obi are above Ki-Adi, but...." so I got it wrong. Again, sorry...

Actually, it was the two first jedi who missed the push, Shaak Tii hit him...
No problem. I just figured that Obi-Wan or Mace would be too powerfull for Antares, so figured best to give a more 'even contest'.
I haven't watched CW for a while, so I probably got the Force Push wrong, but, either way, Grievous was still able to dodge them after they were launched, rather than the Jedi 'missing'.

Darth Vious
I just watched the fight scene. Ki-Adi-Mundi was the only person to attempt to forcepush Grievous, and he missed.
He didn't miss though. Grievous moved out of the way of the blast once it was launched. That's not Ki-Adi's fault.

And Vious, you claim to be a swords expert right? If you were, you would know that Shaak Ti fended off Grievous far better then Mundi did.
Indeed, Shaak Ti was shown to gend off Grievous better, but ultimately, Ki-Adi was the one left standing once the ARCS turned up, and he'd clearly been fighting Grievous for some time, and had not been overwhelmed, so although Shaak Ti might've been a better swordswoman, ultimately, Ki-Adi was the one who was able to last the longest.

GM Nebaris
"Grievous was still able to dodge them after they were launched, rather than the Jedi 'missing'"

They're both the same thing. Grievous dodged the force push, and so Mund had missed him.

Darth Vious
"Grievous was still able to dodge them after they were launched, rather than the Jedi 'missing'"

They're both the same thing. Grievous dodged the force push, and so Mund had missed him.
No they're not the same thing. A target moving before the attack has hit to evade the attack after the attack is made, is quite different than missing a target (moving or stationary)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.