Near Dark

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Deano
Great vampire flick, it took a different spin on the whole genre. i think bill paxton was the best character, everything he did was hilarious.

just wondered what you guys and gals thought of the film smile

SelphieT
sorry, never seen it. Whats the plot? how old is this movie?

Deano
it was made in 1987.

''A mid-western farm boy (Pasdar) reluctantly becomes a member of the undead when a girl (Wright) he meets turns out to be part of a band of southern vampires who roam the highways in stolen cars.''

its one of my fav horror films of all time. you would be crazy not check it out. the bar scene alone is worth the admissionbig grin

NormaBates
Well i thougt it was good, but nothing to go crazy about. I thought it lacked a little in the gore department. I just need a lot of gore.

WrathfulDwarf
Best Vampire movie of the 80's. A very underrated horror film.

Deano
agreed. being released at the same time as ''the lost boys'', hurt it a bit i think.

papabeard
Decent film, I liked the Vampirism as AIDS metaphor and its one of the rare horror films directed by a woman, Kathryn Bigelow.

botankus
Deano's right. "Lost Boys" stole all its thunder. Has a great cast and is worth the rental.

Deano
its better than the lost boys in many ways

bill paxton rocks

http://www.austinchronicle.com/issues/dispatch/2001-05-18/screens_string8-1.jpg

DeNiro
I havent seen it i will have to go and rent it now

thegreatrudini
another 2 vampire films from the 80's that always get overlooked are Vamp and innocent blood

Deano
innocent blood was 92. never heard of the other one

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.