Davey Jones vs. Gollum

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dusty
Who is the better CGI character?

Ichigo Kurosaki
Davey Jones.

Mišt
Yep Davey Jones, I didnt even know he was CG, I thought they had an actor and added a bit of CG like his tentacles etc, but if he is 100% CGI, then BAM he wins by miles. The amount of detail to animation and so on in POTC2 is just awesome. If there was a visible line between CGI and reality in LOTR, then POTC2 vaporises that line completely.

Tallis
mike JONES!

Davy Jones

Kayne Archeron
not only is he better CG, Davey Jones is just a better character in general

ladygrim
gollum was kinda who introduce us to CGI which doesnt mean he's the better 2 ... But with Davey JOnes i was amazed totally gobsmacked at how good it was

Wolfie
Davey Jones was incredible. I can't see the point where the costume ends and the CGI begins.

I was never impressed by the CGI of Gollum. I believed Hulk more than that thing.

Kayne Archeron
Originally posted by ladygrim
gollum was kinda who introduce us to CGI which doesnt mean he's the better 2 ... But with Davey JOnes i was amazed totally gobsmacked at how good it was

errr.... CGI's been around since the days of Tron, miss

loveslikerock
DEFINETLY DAVEY JONES!

jainasolo55
davey jones was ALL CGI?

Darth Kreiger
Davy Jones, though Gollum was pretty good

calvs
Only the tentacles on davey were cgi. The face was all make up etc. Gollum was 100% cgi and the way they adapted him onto the background was amazing. Gollum FTW.

jainasolo55
ooh ok thanks calvs for clearing that up for me gollum i sometimes forgot he was cgi

JaehSkywalker
Davey all the way...

spencerspider
DAVEY

Octo
"Only the tentacles on davey were cgi. The face was all make up etc. Gollum was 100% cgi and the way they adapted him onto the background was amazing. Gollum FTW."

Wrong. Davy Jones was 100% CG.

Spartan005
Originally posted by Octo
"Only the tentacles on davey were cgi. The face was all make up etc. Gollum was 100% cgi and the way they adapted him onto the background was amazing. Gollum FTW."

Wrong. Davy Jones was 100% CG. ]

Indeed yes

I thought Davey Jones looked really, really good... but so did King Kong. Tough decision.... I'd say its a tie between those two

JaehSkywalker
cool.. davey wins..

Blax X
Golem woudl tool Davey Jones any day, so I vote him.

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by Kurosaki Ichigo
Davey Jones.

Yep he is number one!jmthumbsup

tricksta1
that's not even a fair match, davy jones wins with two tentacles tied behind his back

FistOfThe North
Davey Jones. Even his crew looked better than Gollum, especially the Hammerhead guy.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I'd have to say Davey Jones from Pirates 2.

Council#13
Originally posted by FistOfThe North
Davey Jones. Even his crew looked better than Gollum, especially the Hammerhead guy.

I thought that was just a super awesome costume! laughing out loud

Impediment
Was Bill Nighy is a full CGI-style suit like Andy Serkis was?

I though that Nighy's SFX were amazing, but I liked Serkis' acting better, to be 100% honest.

grey fox
Davey Jones.

80% of the people i've talked to thought it was a suit , THAT is how damn realistic it looked.

FistOfThe North
It was a CGI suit. hehe.

doan_m
Davey Jones would sodomize the mutated hobbit to death. Oh, were talking about appearances and character eh?

King Kong takes it. Serkis spent a lot of time with apes for that movie just to learn how to imitate a disgruntled emo gorilla in a new realm of unpredecented awesomness.

Dinglehopper
That is a tough question, because Gollum was the inventor of the total CGI character and I really think all who were involved there did a brilliant job being the 1st to do so. That being said, there has been growth in the CGI process even since the Gollum days and it can definetly be seen with Pirates Of The Caribbean's Davy Jones Character. He was awesome. I just can't image with the advancement in technology what we have in store for us in the future.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.