Getting Pissed!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
When using both of my browsers, the computer locks up when trying to open a picture and/or video. My paint shop pro also does this. All I do is find an image that I want to open, click it and click okay, Boom..it locks up and I have to restard the program that I was using and if I try to retry...same thing. What the hell can I do?

LanceWindu
*points to proper sub-forum*

How much RAM do you have and how much is available?

ILoveMyDaniel
Oh crap, I really am in the wrong spot. Whoops.
I go to My Computer<Properties for that right?
22.3 GB Used
49.7 GB Free

Lana
That's not RAM, that's hard drive space.

Prabhodh
Originally posted by Lana

eek!

someone's back

ILoveMyDaniel
O...kay. Well what do I do to check RAM then?

Lana
Originally posted by Prabhodh
eek!

someone's back

Yep stick out tongue

Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
O...kay. Well what do I do to check RAM then?

Right Click "My Computer" and go to Properties. It'll say it down towards the bottom, on the right side I think. It should be next to your processor speed.

Barker
Right Click "My Computer" and go to Properties. It'll say it down towards the bottom, on the right side I think. It should be next to your processor speed.
448 MB. smart

ILoveMyDaniel
It says 248 MB or RAM.

TOH
Oh crap, I really am in the wrong spot. Whoops.
I go to My Computer<Properties for that right?
22.3 GB Used
49.7 GB Free

WOW! icon5

Bloigen
Originally posted by Barker
448 MB. smart

4 GB. smart

Barker
Originally posted by Bloigen
4 KB. smart
no

Prabhodh
Originally posted by Bloigen
4 GB. smart

shock

4GB of RAM?

Bloigen
Originally posted by Prabhodh
shock

4GB of RAM?

Yeah. shock

Originally posted by Barker
no

It gets the job done. raver

eggmayo
Pah, I need more RAM o.0

ILoveMyDaniel
Now it does it if I try to put a picture in the Members Picture thread.

LanceWindu
Now it does it if I try to put a picture in the Members Picture thread.

You need to upgrade your computer methinks.

ILoveMyDaniel
Well, if so, can you tell me what to do, please? I can't even upload any of my pictures anywhere or open them on PSP so I can't make any graphics.

LanceWindu
Before trying to upgrade, I want you to go download the trial version of System Mechanic Professional.

http://www.iolo.com/sm/6pro/download.cfm

Run the program, it will then analyze the health of your PC and then after that is done, make it run Total Care and it will clean, repair, and optimize everything that it can. Restart your computer after it is finished and then see if that makes a difference.

ILoveMyDaniel
Sweet, thanks.

HOLY CRAP Batman, this is going to take HOURS to download. no

LanceWindu
Sweet, thanks.

HOLY CRAP Batman, this is going to take HOURS to download. no

Takes me only a couple minutes. stick out tongue

ILoveMyDaniel
I had an error, it wouldn't let me download.

Bloigen
Did you buy your computer in the 50's? no expression

LanceWindu
I had an error, it wouldn't let me download.

Okay, so your computer is pretty ****ed up.

Have you run a virus scan? Spyware/Adware scan? Optimized the registry? Cleaned the temp files? Defragmented your HDD(s)?

ILoveMyDaniel
I ran AdAware, cleaned whatever it found, ran Anti Virus, it found nothing. Haven't done anything else though.

El_NINO
When using both of my browsers, the computer locks up when trying to open a picture and/or video. My paint shop pro also does this. All I do is find an image that I want to open, click it and click okay, Boom..it locks up and I have to restard the program that I was using and if I try to retry...same thing. What the hell can I do?

Sounds like you have a lot of junk in your PC such as music, movies, games etc..., try a defragmentation then if not optimize your pc for performance by right clicking on "My Computer", Propertise then click on the Advanced tab and click on performance. then select "Adjust for performance"

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by El_NINO
Sounds like you have a lot of junk in your PC such as music, movies, games etc..., try a defragmentation then if not optimize your pc for performance by right clicking on "My Computer", Propertise then click on the Advanced tab and click on performance. then select "Adjust for performance"
And if I adjust, what exactly will this do? I don't want to lose some valuable pictures/music/etc.

El_NINO
And if I adjust, what exactly will this do? I don't want to lose some valuable pictures/music/etc.

You wont lose pictures it just takes away some non essential stuff like the way XP looks like, stuff like that.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by El_NINO
You wont lose pictures it just takes away some non essential stuff like the way XP looks like, stuff like that.
Okay thanks. If I lose anything good I'll have to bite your arms off though. smile

LanceWindu
Okay thanks. If I lose anything good I'll have to bite your arms off though. smile

Think of it like this...it'll look like a Windows 98 OS instead of the Windows XP OS. You'll lose animated menus and junk.

ILoveMyDaniel
Sorry my good men but ze plan has failed! Yep!, my thumbnails are still not loading (not all of them, at least) and I cannot even upload a picture to KMC of myself because the browser freezes and I have to deal with that gay error report which is of no help to me.

El_NINO
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Think of it like this...it'll look like a Windows 98 OS instead of the Windows XP OS. You'll lose animated menus and junk.

laughing out loud

More like Windows 2000 but you can still have your XP them if you select the last option which is to keep the Visual theme of XP. stick out tongue

ILoveMyDaniel
Oh well. I guess this computer will just stay like this forever.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.