Wyrd Sisters still Pushing

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Esaul
Wyrd Sisters to appeal court ruling
On Saturday we reported that a Canadian court ordered The Wyrd Sisters band to pay back WB's legal fees incurred while fighting the band's original court case. Today, the band says they are appealing the court's decision and will continue to push their $40 million dollar lawsuit against Warner Bros.

A spokesperson from WB says they are "extremely hopeful that we will continue to prevail in this case."

div
Money Hungry , crap musicians.... big grin

Demonic Phoenix
Originally posted by div
Money Hungry , crap musicians.... big grin

Couldn't have put it better myself old chap euro

SeptemberRain
from pitchforkmedia.com:

Harry Potter to Wyrd Sisters: F@ck You, Pay Me

You don't sue Radiohead. Even if we're only talking Phil Selway and Jonny Greenwood, you do not sue Radiohead! And you sure as hell don't sue Harry Potter. Such was the lesson learned by a few unfortunate folks in Canada recently.

In the fourth Harry Potter novel, Harry Potter and the Goblet of Fire, Harry, Ron, and Hermione attend a school dance where the tunes are supplied by a band called the Weird Sisters. As Goblet of Fire made its way closer and closer to the big screen, the film's creators hired some big-time rockers to play the band in the movie. Their picks? Selway, Greenwood, and Pulp frontman Jarvis Cocker.

However, there is a real-life Winnipeg band called the Wyrd Sisters. They were even nominated for a Juno, and they exploded over the incident, suing pretty much everyone involved-- even the seemingly innocent Selway, Greenwood, and Cocker. Warner Brothers offered Wyrd Sisters co-founder Kim Baryluk $5,000, and later $50,000, to share the band's name in the film, but she declined, telling ChartAttack.com, "Do you know what I've spent on the band in the past 10 years? In the last 10 years I've spent more than a million dollars. Offering me $50,000 is more than an insult."

The band name wasn't even mentioned in the film, never mind the "ei" spelling. But, as reported in Pitchfork's previous story on the incident, the Sisters reported via their website, "If we went somewhere new to play, after this movie is released, how many people would show up expecting the fellows from Radiohead?" and continued to move ahead with the lawsuit due to the association that had been established between film and artist.

But now, according to Canada.com's National Post, the Wyrd Sisters not only lost the court battle, but have been ordered to pay $140,000 of Warner Brothers' legal fees due to the "highly intrusive" lawsuit and criticism of the judiciary involved in the legal battle.

Now the Sisters are asking their fans for donations. If they have any fans left.

Switch_Init
Wyrd Sisters. . .

They cross dress on stage, don't they? Or am I thinking of something else?

OhILuvHP
wyrd sisters are actually real?

div
pretty stupid for an unknown band to try and sue a massive company like WB.... and haha..

Switch_Init
Oops, I was thinking of Twisted Sister doh

Guess so huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.