**** you Zidane

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Flamboyant4Life
Did anyone see that headbutt in the world cup?

K.Diddy
laughing out loud

§cimitar
That better show up on YouTube

A.J
i missed it,

K.Diddy

vraya the great
Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life
Did anyone see that headbutt in the world cup? I think this goes in the sports forum but anyways yes I did see it laughing out loud

~Da Rev~
I laughed, so goddamn hard when that happend

H. S. 6
I want to see now. sad

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I want to see now. sad

K.Diddy
Can anyone get a video of this or anything?

vraya the great
Well, with how great it was, I'm sure the scavengers over at youtube should have it up all over the place within a day so just be patient.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by vraya the great
Well, with how great it was, I'm sure the scavengers over at youtube should have it up all over the place within a day so just be patient.

Cool,Can someone post a Link to it,when it is on there? Cause I dont know nothing about you tube smokin'

vraya the great
aiight I'll try to post a link ASAP.

K.Diddy
Originally posted by vraya the great
aiight I'll try to post a link ASAP.

thumb up Thanks

Prabhodh

yer i've seen it but he only did it because totti (i think) said something to him.

Flamboyant4Life
That was hilarious. It was the guy's last game of his whole career, and he was the team captain/MVP. What an idiot. I was really happy that Italy won though. Screw those snobby French bastards. Except those black guys on the team were cool. cool

Prabhodh
That was hilarious. It was the guy's last game of his whole career, and he was the team captain/MVP. What an idiot. I was really happy that Italy won though. Screw those snobby French bastards. Except those black guys on the team were cool. cool

i was actually quite dissapointed that italy won, ever since they won against australia with that stupid penalty i started hating them(though it was the ref's fault an all that yaadi yaadi yada).

silver_tears
Originally posted by Prabhodh
yer i've seen it but he only did it because totti (i think) said something to him.

It was Materazzi, and from what I saw and read he said something rather crass to him.

I was very disappointed with Italy's win sad

Flamboyant4Life
How could you not root for Italy?

France = Snobby people who think Americans are stupid.
Italy = Family loving generous fat guys eating meatballs.

No brainer

Prabhodh
Originally posted by silver_tears
It was Materazzi, and from what I saw and read he said something rather crass to him.

I was very disappointed with Italy's win sad

same here sad

i didn't think zidane would end his career like that.

Prabhodh

No brainer

may cause we don't go by what Italians or french think, maybe because Italy played shit all of the second half and France dissevered to win.

silver_tears
a. I'm not American.
b. I've been to France and love it, plan on moving there.
c. They, Zidane especially played an amazing game, it would have been much better had he gone out in retirement on top.
d. Italy was responsible for eliminating Germany, which they didn't deserve, so I've hated them for a long time.
e. They're a young team, they'll have many chances, most of France is 30 or so.
f. Italy's won the cup 3 times, France only 1 time.
g. More importantly football's a gentlemen's game to me, I find someone who taunts another player to be immature and childish, he got what he deserved.

H. S. 6

No brainer

laughing

True, true... stick out tongue

Prabhodh
Originally posted by H. S. 6
laughing

True, true... stick out tongue

no.

false, false miffed

Flamboyant4Life
I find headbutting a player who taunted you a little more immature and childish than taunting a player erm

I still love the generous fat guys.

silver_tears
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=26440891&ticket=ce829f9489c25f075b29dd847c291577&s=97539877&start=0&end=&afr=1&nodeid=586059&trk=&d=151&tz=-8,-7,-6,-5,-3.5,-3,-4&pg=effce9ae3a738bcdac01a455c6853e82&sl=148&so=/Fifaen/fifa/highlights/Match64/ITA_FRA_Jul_09&t=wmp
w00t
It's at 110 mins.

Mr. Bacon
it was brilliant stick out tongue

silver_tears
I find headbutting a player who taunted you a little more immature and childish than taunting a player erm

I still love the generous fat guys.

Wouldn't that matter on what he said?

Flamboyant4Life
That doesn't work on my piece of crap computer. sad

Flamboyant4Life
Wouldn't that matter on what he said?

I don't think it matters what he said. Resorting to violence where it is not needed, especially over a taunt is very immature. Especially when you let your whole country down.

silver_tears
a. If someone for example say I was male called my wife a whore, or implied something about my manhood, I'd resort to violence.
b. Clearly Materazzi started it.
c. You can't place all your hopes on one player. England was let down that same way.

A.J
can you put that one bit in tube, not working

silver_tears
Oddness, it works for moi, I just go open link in new window

Flamboyant4Life
I would never do that. Ever. Especially when I knew I was gonna let my entire country down. And how do we know Materazzi called his wife a whore? Or insulted his manhood? Is there any credible source?

That seems a bit childish to me. If someone insults you, the mature thing to do is ignore it. Not headbutt them on international TV.

He let his whole country down on the fact that he assaulted another player in the middle of a World Cup Final.

TOH
Au revoir, Zidane! wavey

Nazgulinthedark
http://playlist.yahoo.com/makeplaylist.dll?sid=26440891&ticket=ce829f9489c25f075b29dd847c291577&s=97539877&start=0&end=&afr=1&nodeid=586059&trk=&d=151&tz=-8,-7,-6,-5,-3.5,-3,-4&pg=effce9ae3a738bcdac01a455c6853e82&sl=148&so=/Fifaen/fifa/highlights/Match64/ITA_FRA_Jul_09&t=wmp
w00t
It's at 110 mins.

Says I don't have access to it ermm

cry I want to see the headbutt.

silver_tears
If you're interested, it's under video highlights here.Zidane's at 110.

K.Diddy
If you're interested, it's under video highlights here.Zidane's at 110.

laughing

TOH
hysterical

http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/en/e/ec/Zidane-big.gif

Nazgulinthedark
laughing that's hillarious

he fell over and everything rolling on floor laughing

silver_tears
I would never do that. Ever. Especially when I knew I was gonna let my entire country down. And how do we know Materazzi called his wife a whore? Or insulted his manhood? Is there any credible source?

That seems a bit childish to me. If someone insults you, the mature thing to do is ignore it. Not headbutt them on international TV.

He let his whole country down on the fact that he assaulted another player in the middle of a World Cup Final.

Meh it must have been something as bad seeing as how Zidane moved by him, and then felt the need to return.

Like I said I've enough reasons for having wanted France to win.

PS I hope Americans realize that without France you people would still be British, choke on that stick out tongue

Barker
http://images.killermovies.com/forums/moresmilies/hysterical.gif

Flamboyant4Life

PS I hope Americans realize that without France you people would still be British, choke on that stick out tongue

And without Italy, we would have no pasta.

silver_tears
The fact he fell over says it all. How hard can one possibly headbutt? no expression

Prabhodh

he did ignore it and he walked away but Materazzi said something (cant wait to find out what) so he went back and did what he did.

silver_tears

Pasta's fattening and more so scientists now believe it was first made in Western China stick out tongue

Flamboyant4Life
Meh it must have been something as bad seeing as how Zidane moved by him, and then felt the need to return.

Woops forgot about this part...

But still, no matter what he shouldn't have headbutted him. He should've kept his cool and ignored it....the mature thing to do. It was the wrong thing to do period. Which is exactly why he was issued a red card.

Prabhodh
Pasta's fattening and more so scientists now believe it was first made in Western China stick out tongue

how the hell would you know that no expression

Barker
I hope the French realize that without America you people would still be Under Nazi control, choke on that stick out tongue
(They really wouldn't be, I just needed to respond in that way. no expression)

Flamboyant4Life

Okay...the pasta that we all know and love. With the marinara sauce. With the pesto sauce. Oh, and olive oil.

Flamboyant4Life
he did ignore it and he walked away but Materazzi said something (cant wait to find out what) so he went back and did what he did.

So...ignore it again.

TOH

True
http://www.ukiyouth.com/forum/images/smilies/flags/italy.gif

Flamboyant4Life
The fact he fell over says it all. How hard can one possibly headbutt? no expression

Well, he IS a soccer player.

Barker
Well, he IS a soccer player.
It's called Football.

Tha's what she was going for.

TOH
Er... not exactly... erm

G a n n o n
that was funny.

Flamboyant4Life
Originally posted by Barker
It's called Football.

Tha's what she was going for.

Fuk that.

silver_tears
Okay...the pasta that we all know and love. With the marinara sauce. With the pesto sauce. Oh, and olive oil.

Tsk tsk tsk, olives are Greek nono

I'll give you the pesto and marinara though.

how the hell would you know that no expression

I'm brilliant in history big grin

Barker
Fuk that.
Oh, sorry.

She meant "Why didn't he Kick him?"

Can't put it simpler than that.

silver_tears
Originally posted by TOH
Er... not exactly... erm

yes

In fact I just checked and Wikipedia confirms it.

Prabhodh
Originally posted by TOH
Er... not exactly... erm

A 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles has been discovered at an archaeological site in western China, possible proof for the argument that China invented pasta before Italy. "These are definitely the earliest noodles ever found," said Lu Houyuan, a researcher with the Institute of Geology in Beijing.

The discovery of the delicate yellow noodles in Minhe County in China's western province of Qinghai is reported in this week's edition of Nature magazine.

"Chinese people say Marco Polo brought noodles from China back to Italy and Italians say they had noodles before that," Lu said. "All this has been based on documentary material, on personal accounts and menus. But we've been unable to find any actual material, until now."

The fist-size clump of noodles was found inside an overturned bowl under three meters (10 feet) of sediment from a flood that researchers suspect wiped out the Qijia Culture of the Late Neolithic era.

When researchers lifted up the bowl, they discovered the 50-centimeter-long (20-inch-long) noodles sitting atop an inverted cone of clay that had sealed the bowl, it said.

The noodles were made from a dough of two local varieties of millet, broomcorn and foxtail millet, rather than the more common wheat or rice. The dough was pulled into long strands before being boiled.

Rice noodles are popular in southern China while northerners rely heavily on wheat to make their noodles, dumplings and bread.

The area where the excavation site is located is now populated mainly by China's ethnic Muslim Hui minority. The region's poorer farmers reportedly still eat millet noodles, said contributing researcher Ye Maoling, though he has yet to try them for himself.

Lu and Ye say they plan to eventually try making millet noodles like those found at the Lajia archaeological site themselves.

silver_tears
This is just too ironic to miss no expression

"The first commercial pasta manufacturer in America was Antoine Zerega, a Frenchman of Italian descent who began making pasta in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, in 1848"

crylaugh

Prabhodh
Oh, sorry.

cause........ ummmm........ ahhhh........ blah.....

yer it cant be simpler than that.

what?

Flamboyant4Life
Oh, sorry.

Because maybe he felt like headbutting him? Soccer players hit the ball with their heads too, so I would guess that they could headbutt pretty hard.

TOH
A 4,000-year-old bowl of noodles has been discovered at an archaeological site in western China, possible proof for the argument that China invented pasta before Italy. "These are definitely the earliest noodles ever found," said Lu Houyuan, a researcher with the Institute of Geology in Beijing.

The discovery of the delicate yellow noodles in Minhe County in China's western province of Qinghai is reported in this week's edition of Nature magazine.

"Chinese people say Marco Polo brought noodles from China back to Italy and Italians say they had noodles before that," Lu said. "All this has been based on documentary material, on personal accounts and menus. But we've been unable to find any actual material, until now."

The fist-size clump of noodles was found inside an overturned bowl under three meters (10 feet) of sediment from a flood that researchers suspect wiped out the Qijia Culture of the Late Neolithic era.

When researchers lifted up the bowl, they discovered the 50-centimeter-long (20-inch-long) noodles sitting atop an inverted cone of clay that had sealed the bowl, it said.

The noodles were made from a dough of two local varieties of millet, broomcorn and foxtail millet, rather than the more common wheat or rice. The dough was pulled into long strands before being boiled.

Rice noodles are popular in southern China while northerners rely heavily on wheat to make their noodles, dumplings and bread.

The area where the excavation site is located is now populated mainly by China's ethnic Muslim Hui minority. The region's poorer farmers reportedly still eat millet noodles, said contributing researcher Ye Maoling, though he has yet to try them for himself.

Lu and Ye say they plan to eventually try making millet noodles like those found at the Lajia archaeological site themselves.

The ancient Italians made pasta much like we do today. Although Marco Polo wrote about eating Chinese pasta at the court of Kubla Khan, he probably didn't introduce pasta to Italy. In fact, there's evidence suggesting the Etruscans made pasta as early as 400 B.C. The evidence lies in a bas-relief carving in a cave about 30 miles north of Rome. The carving depicts instruments for making pasta - a rolling-out table, pastry wheel and flour bin. And further proof that Marco Polo didn't "discover" pasta is found in the will of Ponzio Baestone, a Genoan soldier who requested "bariscella peina de macarone" - a small basket of macaroni. His will is dated 1279, 16 years before Marco Polo returned from China.

Flamboyant4Life

Noodles < Pasta

silver_tears
Originally posted by TOH
The ancient Italians made pasta much like we do today. Although Marco Polo wrote about eating Chinese pasta at the court of Kubla Khan, he probably didn't introduce pasta to Italy. In fact, there's evidence suggesting the Etruscans made pasta as early as 400 B.C. The evidence lies in a bas-relief carving in a cave about 30 miles north of Rome. The carving depicts instruments for making pasta - a rolling-out table, pastry wheel and flour bin. And further proof that Marco Polo didn't "discover" pasta is found in the will of Ponzio Baestone, a Genoan soldier who requested "bariscella peina de macarone" - a small basket of macaroni. His will is dated 1279, 16 years before Marco Polo returned from China.

The earliest known records of noodles in Europe are found on Etruscan tomb decorations from around 400 BC. Noodles dating back to about 2000 BC have been found near Lajia at the Huang He in Western China.

Flamboyant4Life
This is just too ironic to miss no expression

"The first commercial pasta manufacturer in America was Antoine Zerega, a Frenchman of Italian descent who began making pasta in Brooklyn, New York City, New York, in 1848"

crylaugh

That doesn't mean he introduced pasta to America.

silver_tears
I didn't say it did, it's just too funny.

TOH
The earliest known records of noodles in Europe are found on Etruscan tomb decorations from around 400 BC. Noodles dating back to about 2000 BC have been found near Lajia at the Huang He in Western China.
The question is not about who invented the pasta. It is about who introduced the pasta to USA and other countries wink

But who cares?

Au revoir Zidane mon ami! eek!

Prabhodh
Originally posted by TOH

allright i'm fairly new to the history of pasta.... so i wont argue. smile

Noodles < Pasta

what are you on about pasta comes from noodles.

silver_tears
Originally posted by TOH
The question is not about who invented the pasta. It is about who introduced the pasta to USA and other countries wink

But who cares?

Au revoir Zidane mon ami! eek!

Yea, a french man stick out tongue

TOH
Yea, a french man stick out tongue
French fries? Anyone? eat

Prabhodh
its amazing how we started with zidane and ended up with the history of pasta.

silver_tears
Those are actually Belgian eek!

TOH
Those are actually Belgian eek!

mhm

Gimme a rest I-know-everything-about-Europe lady!

Adeus Zidane!

lol

silver_tears
Nevah evillaugh

silver_tears
This has to be seen, further footage laughing out loud

Look at that Italian scum stick out tongue

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j1i_l0OeeMc

Itzak

laughing out loud That's awesome...

Maybe he thought he saw a fly on the guy or something. ermm

TOH

pourquois? pourquois?

laughing out loud

The Pict
France lost, hahahahaha. oh well half of them aren't even french but they are still arrogant. And what the hell was Zidane thinking?? France ain't gonna be too happy with him.

hitokiri jin
Damn...thats just life...better luck next World cup though...poor Zidane

BakaXero
I applauded Zidane for that, no I praised him for it.
The Italian team did not deserve to win. They are a bunch of fakes and cheats.
They should not have made it as far as they did.
They all all disgrace!!!
Bunch of cocky cheater!! the lot of them!! lost all my respect for their them

DarkC
Everyone in the room started laughing hysterically when that happened.

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BakaXero
I applauded Zidane for that, no I praised him for it.
The Italian team did not deserve to win. They are a bunch of fakes and cheats.
They should not have made it as far as they did.
They all all disgrace!!!
Bunch of cocky cheater!! the lot of them!! lost all my respect for their them

Yes, because to any logical human these things warrent a headbutt to the sternum, don't they?

Quick answer: No.

Zidane was allegedly on the receiving end of a racial slur, but that's no excuse for what he did. Either way, penalties were a bad way to end the World Cup and Italy did not deserve to be champions. They're not the best and they haven't been for decades.

-AC

BakaXero
Originally posted by Alpha Centauri
Yes, because to any logical human these things warrent a headbutt to the sternum, don't they?

Quick answer: No.

Zidane was allegedly on the receiving end of a racial slur, but that's no excuse for what he did. Either way, penalties were a bad way to end the World Cup and Italy did not deserve to be champions. They're not the best and they haven't been for decades.

-AC
I am aware of the reason for why Zidane did it, but i still standby what i said.
The Italian team is a bunch of cocky cheaters!!.

Eis
So why should he **** himself?

Alpha Centauri
I am aware of the reason for why Zidane did it, but i still standby what i said.
The Italian team is a bunch of cocky cheaters!!.

The entire Italian team aren't cheaters, they have a few dodgy players, so do a lot of teams. Let's not paint everyone with the same brush, here.

Regardless, Zidane should not have headbutted him. If he wanted to defend himself, turn around and mouth off, don't headbutt another man in the chest. That shit is dangerous.

-AC

BakaXero
The entire Italian team aren't cheaters, they have a few dodgy players, so do a lot of teams. Let's not paint everyone with the same brush, here.

Regardless, Zidane should not have headbutted him. If he wanted to defend himself, turn around and mouth off, don't headbutt another man in the chest. That shit is dangerous.

-AC

Part of the Italian training is pretending to fall.
If they like faking Injuries then they should have no problems copping an actual injury.

Alpha Centauri
Part of the Italian training is pretending to fall.
If they like faking Injuries then they should have no problems copping an actual injury.

Yeah, it was just them at this World Cup. They were the only ones doing it, ever.

No other team did. While I think he's getting too much shit right now, Cristiano Ronaldo certainly didn't, did he? Come on, man. Even Henry himself turned in a theatrical performance of Shakespearian quality against Spain (I believe), and he's my favourite player ever probably.

Cannavaro played brilliant, Toni has shown what he CAN do, Gattuso- despite failing everyone and anyone last night- is also a great player. Teams dive and it's a disgraceful part of football, but let's not blame one single team. Blame those who do it, the players, not the team. The worst thing we can do as fans is overlook what good happens in favour of the bad.

If a player dives, fine, be pissed, but don't brand the whole team. Despite not deserving it, some of those Italian players wanted to win that trophy honestly and genuinely.

-AC

BakaXero
Yeah, it was just them at this World Cup. They were the only ones doing it, ever.

No other team did. While I think he's getting too much shit right now, Cristiano Ronaldo certainly didn't, did he? Come on, man. Even Henry himself turned in a theatrical performance of Shakespearian quality against Spain (I believe), and he's my favourite player ever probably.

Cannavaro played brilliant, Toni has shown what he CAN do, Gattuso- despite failing everyone and anyone last night- is also a great player. Teams dive and it's a disgraceful part of football, but let's not blame one single team. Blame those who do it, the players, not the team. The worst thing we can do as fans is overlook what good happens in favour of the bad.

If a player dives, fine, be pissed, but don't brand the whole team. Despite not deserving it, some of those Italian players wanted to win that trophy honestly and genuinely.

-AC
I'm against teams like Argentina, Uraguay and many others for the same reason erm

Although i want to agree with you, I definately feel Italy didn't deserve it this year.

HellMaster93
I supppotted France. I believe they deserved to win and Materazzi is a god damn racist piece of dogshit. Thankyou. And forget pasta, if not the Italians we wouldnt have DIVING BASTARDS!

hitokiri jin
cheat or no cheat you gotta agree that this years world cup is quite "intriguing" what with the number of red cards being dished out by the referrees...the WAGS and some players going through injury...heres for England in the next WC...

lord xyz
Did anyone see that headbutt in the world cup? yes laughing out loud

italy italy italy italy italy italy

Flamboyant4Life
Forza Italia!

BobbyD
Cripes, so many Italian haters!

To say the Italians didn't deserve to win is bull caca. To say they didn't deserve to be in the Championship is perhaps a better statement. Even so the Italians had the stingiest defense in the whole tournament, AND gave up a penalty kick (to that child Zidane) after a replay clearly showed a Frenchman taking a dive in the box w/o contact. Furthermore, I linesman ruled an offsides play that was also clearly a goal for Italy.

Let's face it Italy deserved to win this game more so than France. What game were some of you watching?

HellMaster93
Did you WATCH the match? The 2nd Italian goal was FAR offside and the French penalty had contact... though far less than a later incident... big grin

Alpha Centauri
Originally posted by BobbyD

To say the Italians didn't deserve to win is bull caca. To say they didn't deserve to be in the Championship is perhaps a better statement. Even so the Italians had the stingiest defense in the whole tournament, AND gave up a penalty kick (to that child Zidane) after a replay clearly showed a Frenchman taking a dive in the box w/o contact. Furthermore, I linesman ruled an offsides play that was also clearly a goal for Italy.

Let's face it Italy deserved to win this game more so than France. What game were some of you watching?

Italy didn't deserve to win because to me, they don't deserve to be the champs. They didn't play like champs, they didn't win like champs. They are now the world's football champions, and are you prepared to sit there and tell me there isn't a better team?

-AC

LiL nAstY GirL
Yeah Italy *Streaks*

BobbyD
Hellmaster, please tell me you're not speaking of the goal that was headbutted in by Italy that was disallowed? If you are, you are clearly mistaken as replay after replay clearly showed it should have been a goal. Furthermore, sports announcers everywhere thought is was also a goal.

BobbyD
AC, there are perhaps easily 5 other better teams than Italy. But is that Italy's fault that the Brazilians, Argentinians, Germans, blah, blah, blah, didn't make it?

C'mon, give the team a break.

silver_tears

The one where Materazzi held Zidane during play. You know as in cheated. That's the one I was watching thumb up

Video

BobbyD
There's holding everywhere in soccer, Silver. Some you see, some you don't.

erm

silver_tears
AC, there are perhaps easily 5 other better teams than Italy. But is that Italy's fault that the Brazilians, Argentinians, Germans, blah, blah, blah, didn't make it?

And who knocked the Germans out? stick out tongue

silver_tears
There's holding everywhere in soccer, Silver. Some you see, some you don't.

erm

Please please tell me you're kidding me no expression
A Ukrainian player got red carded just for holding onto Torres' shorts for like 2 seconds, after which Torres fell on his own accord, the player was penalized.

Materazzi pretty much bear hugged him from behind.

BobbyD
Originally posted by LiL nAstY GirL
Yeah Italy *Streaks*

Hi there, Lil Nasty. cool

Can I join? stick out tongue

BobbyD
Please please tell me you're kidding me no expression
A Ukrainian player got red carded just for holding onto Torres' shorts for like 2 seconds, after which Torres fell on his own accord, the player was penalized.

Materazzi pretty much bear hugged him from behind.

Silver, yes I agree the topic of officiating has come up many times in this World Cup. It was very suspect. Again, is that Italy's fault?

The topic/thread is really about Zidane. How could one possibly condone his actions?

silver_tears
No, but the question was whether they deserved to win, and no they didn't.

And I'm not condoning his actions, but I'm not judging either, Materazzi held him first, and then said something only them two will know. He did what he did, at least he went out with a memorable finish. And I'm very happy that he won the Golden Ball. clap

LiL nAstY GirL
Hi there, Lil Nasty. cool

Can I join? stick out tongue

stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue you know it

BobbyD
Personally speaking, Silver...

I was embarrased and shocked FOR HIM. But, living in Chicago my whole life and seeing Michael Jordan stuff a game down someone's throat was exactly was Zidane should have done....beat the Italians where it hurt most-on the scoreboard.

I don't think there is anything that a superstar in that situation should do otherwise. Whatever Materazzi said shouldn't have mattered. Zidane is the star, an icon, and he was shining at perhaps his best ever on a GLOBAL scene. Why should he give a f**k what Materazzi thinks? There are many more who think he is a child this morning, than a hero.

Yes, he deserved the Golden Ball. But, I wouldn't have been surprised etiher had FIFA awarded it to someone else for fear of embarrassment.

BobbyD
stick out tongue stick out tongue stick out tongue you know it

You think anyone will see?

LiL nAstY GirL
You think anyone will see?

Does it matter stick out tongue

BobbyD
Does it matter stick out tongue

Nah. *undresses*

Ready?

LiL nAstY GirL
Lets do it shifty

silver_tears
Cheating your way to a win isn't winning imo. Les Italianos aren't winners in my mind, well most aren't, some of them deserved it and I actually saw tears when they won, good for them.
Matrazzi is scum imo, that's how it'll stay for me.

Although I do appreciate their work for Dolce and Gabbana, it kinda brings out a little like for Italy. Just a touch though. Because you know, all soccer players pose in their underwear.

BobbyD
Lets do it shifty

A-hem. Niiice. smile

Go!

LiL nAstY GirL
*runs around in circles* stick out tongue

overlord

I was very disappointed with Italy's win sad The guy called Zidane a terrorist just because he happens to have been muslim.Originally posted by Flamboyant4Life

No brainer What is that age old myth about people from France dispising americans???

BobbyD
Cheating your way to a win isn't winning imo. Les Italianos aren't winners in my mind, well most aren't, some of them deserved it and I actually saw tears when they won, good for them.
Matrazzi is scum imo, that's how it'll stay for me.

I can understand your disdain for Materazzi, Silver.....and yes, he probably said something quite distasteful to generate a reaction like that from Zidane.

BobbyD
*runs around in circles* stick out tongue

How about running through the forest? laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri

That's not what I asked is it? I said do you think there are no better teams? You say there are easily five.

So then I put it to you that Italy do not deserve to be the champs, because they are not the best team in the world, they weren't even the best team in the tournament. It's not their fault that Argentina or Brazil got knocked out, and they beat the Germans, to their credit, because of a last ditch attack. However, they're not the best team, they don't deserve the credit of being the champions.

It's like Greece winning the Euro Cup. The other, better teams unfortunately got knocked out and Greece had to overcome maybe one or two decent teams, which they did (in less than spectacular fashion).

-AC

Deano
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane5.gif

Deano
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane27.gif
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane7.gif
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane26.gif
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane20.gif
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane23.jpg
http://www.ggzidane.com/images/zidane2.gif

BobbyD
That's not what I asked is it? I said do you think there are no better teams? You say there are easily five.

So then I put it to you that Italy do not deserve to be the champs, because they are not the best team in the world, they weren't even the best team in the tournament. It's not their fault that Argentina or Brazil got knocked out, and they beat the Germans, to their credit, because of a last ditch attack. However, they're not the best team, they don't deserve the credit of being the champions.

It's like Greece winning the Euro Cup. The other, better teams unfortunately got knocked out and Greece had to overcome maybe one or two decent teams, which they did (in less than spectacular fashion).

-AC

So what's your point? I'm confused.

Either way, penalties were a bad way to end the World Cup and Italy did not deserve to be champions. They're not the best and they haven't been for decades.

-AC

I don't know how else to take that quote and see it as you referring to who is technically better than the Italians. But, if you what you meant was Italy didn't deserve it due to your personal feelings about them, that is your opinion and fine.

Deano
no one could beat the italians. end of story

BobbyD
Pretty funny, Deano. laughing out loud

Alpha Centauri
So what's your point? I'm confused.

Read the post, it's all there.

I don't know how else to take that quote and see it as you referring to who is technically better than the Italians. But, if you what you meant was Italy didn't deserve it due to your personal feelings about them, that is your opinion and fine.

No, they didn't deserve it because they played none of the best teams bar Germany, who they admittedly played good against, but they couldn't score for 100 plus minutes. They scored one goal, tried to sit back as they always do, and got nailed.

Originally posted by Deano
no one could beat the italians. end of story

Ghana, Czech Republic, Ukraine, Australia and the USA couldn't beat the Italians. Italy couldn't beat the USA either. They beat Australia on a fake penalty, and considering that Australia had all three of their subs left, they could have won that game. The only team they played that they might have been better than on the night, was Germany, but even then it's up for debate. France? Well, they won against France on penalties and France were missing their two best penalty takers.

These are facts. Let's not say "Nobody could beat the Italians", look who they played. Two world class teams out of how many? One they beat on penalties due to France screwing themselves over, and even then they got outplayed in the second half when France started getting the ball.

-AC

BobbyD
I'm following you, AC. Again, this is not the Italians fault that is shook down this way.

Alpha Centauri
I'm not saying it is.

-AC

Inspectah Deck
Originally posted by Deano

laughing out loud

Deano
thats the way the cookie crumbles AC.

Alpha Centauri
A cookie that crumbles well doesn't necessarily make it the best tasting cookie.

-AC

TOH
laughing out loud

http://www.zappa.cc/zidane/

SelphieT
Zidane kicks ass. And so does his name.

my mom rooted for the italians cause she's hispanic.

and of course so am I, but I went for the frenchies! FECHE LA VACA!

Deano
A cookie that crumbles well doesn't necessarily make it the best tasting cookie.

-AC

never insult a cookie

RogerRamjet
Originally posted by SelphieT
Zidane kicks ass. And so does his name.

my mom rooted for the italians cause she's hispanic.

and of course so am I, but I went for the frenchies! FECHE LA VACA!

what? that made as much sense like the Netherlands rooted for us cause they're dutch... blink

SelphieT
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
what? that made as much sense like the Netherlands rooted for us cause they're dutch... blink

yeah I know......my mom's........unique! big grin

RogerRamjet
yeah I know......my mom's........unique! big grin

laughing out loud ah...moms

SelphieT
yes.....but the frenchies should have one smile

RogerRamjet
yes.....but the frenchies should have one smile

that's what i was hoping for...but... sad

crazylozer
http://zidanewantscandy.ytmnd.com/

SelphieT
Originally posted by RogerRamjet
that's what i was hoping for...but... sad

yeah, everyone should root for the frenchies, especially after Monty Python and the Holy Grail big grin

SelphieT
Originally posted by crazylozer
http://zidanewantscandy.ytmnd.com/

that was interesting.....big grin

Flamboyant4Life
meatball loving fat guys > snobby hairy people

charmedFairy
Apparently Motarazzi twisted his nipple in the beginning and you can tell Zidane was all like wtf? but he ignored it and then Motarazzi told him that he wished a horrible death on his whole family and his mum's already ill so I guess it set him off. It was a clumsy move but he had the decency of hitting him in the chest and not the face.

ETA: Don't get me wrong, I'm not 100% sure about what exactly happened between them two but this seems to be the story so far.

TOH
http://img.terra.com.br/i/2006/07/10/369639-1740-ga.gif

charmedFairy
LOL stick out tongue

BakaXero
meatball loving fat guys > snobby hairy people
I'll take the snobby hairy people's side over the meatball loving fat cheaters anyday no expression

BakaXero
Originally posted by TOH
http://img.terra.com.br/i/2006/07/10/369639-1740-ga.gif
that's an optimistic take on things...

Barker
laughing out loud

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>