Morrissey

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

barand1
Name any Morrissey album and your best tracks on it.

For example...

Album : Ringleader of the Tormentors
Tracks : Dear God, Please Help Me / You Have Killed Me / Life Is A Pigsty / On The Streets I Ran / To Me You Are A Work Of Art / I Just Want To See The Boy Happy

Eis
Why hasn't Bardock posted here yet?

Bardock42
Originally posted by Eis
Why hasn't Bardock posted here yet?

Because I am not that knowledgable about Morrissey and because we have a Morrissey thread already...

Album : The World of Morrissey
Song : Jack The Ripper; You're The One For Me, Fatty; Sister I'm a Poet; The Last of The International Playboys

barand1
Album : You Are The Quarry
Tracks : Irish Blood, English Heart / I Have Forgiven Jesus / Come Back To Camden / I'm Not Sorry / First Of The Gang To Die / Let Me Kiss You / I Like You

Bardock42
Album : Vauxhall and I
Songs : Now my Heart is Full; The More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get; Lifeguard Sleeping, Girl Drowning

By the way, do "The Smiths" Albums count?

barand1
Yeah I suppose The Smiths album can count. They are the greatest band after all. wink

Bardock42
Originally posted by barand1
Yeah I suppose The Smiths album can count. They are the greatest band after all. wink

Totally droolio

Well then:

Album : Strangeways, Here We Come
Songs : A Rush And A Push And THe Land Is Ours, Girlfriend in a Coma, Stop Me IF You Think You've Heard This One Before, Last Night I Dreamt That Somebody Loved Me, Paint A Vulgar Picture and the others on the Album.

barand1
lol. Well said Bardock42.

papabeard
"There is a light that never goes out",
"The More You Ignore me the closer I get",
"You have killed me"

I think Morrisey and the Smiths are responsible for all of these EMO bands using massively long and pretentious song titles.

~Da Rev~
I like the smiths, so i would assume that i would like morrisey's solo stuff.

barand1
I don't understand those who like the Smiths and don't like Morrissey's solo work. I just don't understand that, as he wrote all lyrics for the Smiths, correct?

Bardock42
Originally posted by barand1
I don't understand those who like the Smiths and don't like Morrissey's solo work. I just don't understand that, as he wrote all lyrics for the Smiths, correct?

Well, the thing is Marr was a freaking genius too. They both together worked amazingly well. Morrissey is good, but he can't match his Smiths stuff in my opinion.

Originally posted by papabeard
"There is a light that never goes out",
"The More You Ignore me the closer I get",
"You have killed me"

I think Morrisey and the Smiths are responsible for all of these EMO bands using massively long and pretentious song titles.

Yeah, quite possibly, they made outstandingly great music too though.

Album :The Queen is Dead
Songs :Frankly Mr. Shankly; Cemetry Gates, Bigmouth Strikes Again, The Boy With The Thorn In His Side, There's A Light And It Never Goes Out, Some Girls Are Bigger Than Others

barand1
Album : Maladjusted
Tracks : Alma Matters / Trouble Loves Me / Papa Jack / Wide To Receive / Satan Rejected My Soul

barand1
Album: Southpaw Grammar
Tracks: Reader Meet Author / Boy Racer / Dagenham Dave / Best Friend on the Payroll / Southpaw

barand1
Album : Vauxhall and I
Tracks : Now My Heart Is Full / Billy Budd / Hold On To Your Friends / More You Ignore Me The Closer I Get / Why Don't You Find Out For Yourself / I Am Hated For Loving / Lifeguard Sleeping Girl Drowning / Speedway

barand1
Album : Your Arsenal
Tracks : We'll Let You Know / National Front Disco / Certain People I Know / We Hate It When Our Friends Become Successful / You're The One For Me Fatty / Seasick Yet Still Docked / I Know It's Gonna Happen Someday / Tomorrow

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.