Role-Playing Advertising!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
The Star Wars role-playing area at these boards is currently looking for new members to start playing. Two new stories are starting soon and people would be appreciated for both.

For almost 18 months the RP area here has successfully created interactive stories set in the Star Wars universe and is still one of the most active areas of the entire forum. If you join in you can be a part of these great stories that we have created together!

The RP area here is a little different to the sort of thing you may have seen in other forums so it is recommended you take a look at the area first to see if you like the way it works. However, we are all very friendly people who very much welcome new blood! No previous knowledge of the storylines is needed and the other players should make you feel comfortable indeed very quickly.

A certain amount of commitment is required- not a VAST amount though; a few posts a week is good enough and plenty of leeway can be allowed for those who can't be on-line, even for extended periods.

If you are interested in playing, please PM me, for my, game, Rex, for this, or Gundark, if you are just interested in general and want the gentle female touch to help you get into it all...

Bespin Bart
I recommend you give it a swing. I have joined on the Light-side of Ushgarak's games, and they are quite extraordinary. You can customize your character, like I customized mine:

Character name: Xeth Tam
Character species: Geonasian
Lightsaber color: yellow w/twisted handle
Items: Geonasian armor, blaster, medi-pack, sonic blaster
Ship: Nexu's Grin (modified Nantex-class Geonasian Starfighter)
Droid: R3-U9 astromech droid
Light-side Force Powers

You can choose a character name, be it your username or some name you invented. You can choose any species you like (except Yuuzhan Vong), like something from the movies (Gungan, Kaminoan, etc.), from Expanded Universe (Noghri, etc.), or some strange species you've created! Then you can choose what color you lightsaber is. Mine is yellow and has a twisted handle like Count Dooku. You can choose to have one lightsaber or two lightsaber, but no double-bladed lightsabers so far. You can have a few belongings, like medi-packs, blasters, armor, and so on. Usually no one has a ship, but a few people do: me, Captain REX, Queeq, and LanceWindu are a few of them. Just as long as it's a starfighter and not a battle cruiser. You can have a droid if you want, and you can choose what side you will join, the Dark-side or the Light-side.

Hope you decide to join!

~Bespin Bart & Capt REX~

Ushgarak
Surprised no-one has gone for a double-bladed sabre yet. They aren't banned or anything. But your choice of sabre is purely a style thing; it makes no difference to how well you can fight.

yerssot
double lightsabre is more a pain than something else, it really limits your movement!

Bespin Bart
Only helps when fighting two people, and there hasn't been a 2-on-1 duel in the RPG yet.

Thomas H
Character name:Master Tom Xiu/the dark lord Tom Xiu, (he changes personalety)
Character species: Jedi/and dark lord
Lightsaber color: Green, yellow, and red, and its shaped like a fork...hehe
Items: A huge blaster.
Ship: The Nebu Kanesa 3 hehe
Both Dark and light side, I am two persons!haha
Dorid:a golden retriver, whit a computer on his back! cool

Gundark
A fork lightsabre ? Now thats a new one.

Thomas H
I have invented it, just wait and see, it will be huge among the jedis! cool hehe

Dexx
do i have to post my character description here?

yerssot
there is a special thread in the RP for that, well, soon enough

Dexx
k......i'll post it there, then. When it's ready

Captain REX
Thomas H...what have you been smokin? Haven't you heard of Darth Regal?

yerssot
hey! that's a nice one!

Dexx
bwah...very incomfortable....still plain old single bladed for me.

Thomas H
you got to be ****ing kidding? is this real? they have stolen my rights!!NOOOOOOO laughing out loud seriously, is that picture real?

Dexx
i dunno, it's realy bad put together.

Palanfirith
the classic one for me too......

Captain REX
I found it on the web. It's fake, don't worry. The Lightsaber is cool though.

So, Palanfirith, do you wanna join? I know Dexx does. Finti's returning.

Here's the list of current players:

Dark-side:

Captain REX
Queeq
Edna Witch
Ricolt Dryak

Light-side:

LanceWindu
Bespin Bart
Gundark
Julie
Phinney6
Yerssot
mah

Currently we really have only two Dark-siders. Edna can't get on and Ricolt disappeared. Dexx and Finti said that they wanna join the Dark-side game, so we'll have more the next game.

Ushgarak
I didn't actually hear anything from Finti except for his initial interest. And we may be losing yerssot.

Edna wll be back as soon as poss, of course, but that may be a while.

Dexx
so u can't finish this game before edna comes, right?

yerssot
we've been playing without her for nearly two months, I think, why would it be a prob now?

Palanfirith
yeah man.I'm in.But Dexx isn't playing?
I'd prefer the light side.But if it's not possible I can manage in the Dark side...np

Dexx
you can choose whatever side you want. i just expressed my desires to be dark sided evil face

Dexx
so how long will this game be lasting before the new one starts?

Palanfirith
light side for me

Dexx
ok, think about a character.

Palanfirith
dexxgive me more details.

Dexx
well go to the role playing section and read the present game. There are some character models there i think. Ask Ush.....he told me 'bout the gamez.

Ushgarak
Are you seriously interested, Palanfirith? PM me if you are.

Palanfirith
yeah I am.But soon I'll leave in vacantion so won't be able to play.So when I'll came back I'll PM you to fill me in with details....

Captain REX
This one ends tomorrow, the next one starts Saturday. Mine will start shortly after.

Dexx
yeah....saturday, eh? Hope i'll do ok.

Thomas H
why aint I in there, i am on both sides!

yerssot
because that's unfair

Thomas H
but I am the best.... wink

yerssot
galatasaray?

Thomas H
I am the champion..not we!hehe eek!

yerssot
I'm the top

Captain REX
Thomas H, if you want to join the RPG game, talk to me about my game and Ushgarak about his. You can't be on both sides, it's not fair to the other players and only the guy in charge can do that.

Dexx
but how could someone be on both sides....2 characters?

yerssot
possibly

Dexx
Bwah!....you can only focus best on one.

Captain REX
Well, the guy in charge (namely Ush) controls the NPC's, so in a way he is on both sides.

Dexx
yeah, i saw

Thomas H
I have special powers!

Dexx
well, the games habe begun, and i don't see ya on any side

Captain REX
He can join in later. I joined right before the finale to AVALAR, so it was easier for Ush to me in. He couldn't put you in for REVENGE because we were in battle when you showed interest. It's the easiest to get people in early in the game, before any action or after a little bit of action.

Dexx
i see....i didn't even expect to be introduced in REVENGE.

Captain REX
I remember I wouldn't shut up when Ush said I could join. "Can I post now? Can I post now? Can I post now?" laughing out loud

Dexx
hehe

Pinky
Jesus!!How can you fight with that laser fork?!Do u use it when u eat steak too? wink

Dexx
no, it's in farms, for working the land

Pinky
Well i guess he's very good at it! stick out tongue

Dexx
yes, the crops are more than satisfying

Fire
ush, sorry mate but this is gettin' lame, tho if u want, I quit all my other internet games, and I'm again heavily into roleplaying so I'll join again, if u want new ppl

Pinky
What is getting lame? confused

Fire
this advertising for rpg's

Dexx
i don't think so...it's a wonderfull opportunity to go offtopic, like many others. Just a few posts for Ush to delete big grin

mah
why is it lame fire?

Billy The Kid
I want to join the game...is it difficoult? I think it looks complicated.
Can anyone help me out here?

I don`t want to be in the story that serious...but some posts in a weak.
Is it too late?

Fire
mah it's lame because it is not necessairy, well maybe it is necessairy in net based rpg's but then it's still lame that it's necessairy. in table top rpg's in it's a well accepted myth (atleast in belgium and I think all over the world) that ppl who are good at role playing (NO not everybody is I can give u enough ppl who ain't) will come into contact with it sooner or later. so advertising is not necessairy.
secondly there's another problem tho this is more of a prob with table top rpg's namely that u get too many ppl joining, but that's ush his problem, irl u can only have fun with like at max 5 ppl, 1 guide and 4 players else it ain't cool anymore, but this disadvantage might not be relavant to net rpg's

Dexx
i think that the only disadvantage of having too many players is that you won't get all of them online when they have to be. But in rest it's ok.
Advertising's ok. That's how i got in......i wouldnt've known that a new game's starting.

Fire
billy if u want I'll explain to u what role playin' means, been doin' it for a small 12 years now so think I know what it is

mah
this isn't lame, just because you prefer a limited amount of people in your RL RPG. the only problem the RP here has had is that it sometimes has been moving too slow, cause of few players posting regularly at times, the advertisement has been succesful as new users has joined the RP now and it's therefore better than ever

Dexx
hehehe...nvr asked you what role playing is, billy. And i'm sure you'll register this board's RP games, even though your are a so experienced veteran in it and you find so many incompatibilities here.

Fire
dexx u got a problem of some kind with me? or with role playin' cause I take this kinda personal mad

he wanted help so I offered it, I've been playin' rpg's since I was 6 years old, I got like 150 books about role playing so I think I can offer him some advise, if I don't agree with ush on some rules he makes that is our concern, I don't think ush needs u to fight his battles and I never said there was anything wrong with ush his role plays, actualy he is one of the best masters I have ever seen. and if I think it's lame for him to advertise then it is lame and if u will ask ush I think he will agree on all the things I said why I explained I thought it was lame

Ushgarak
Well, the game can clearly take more numbers and much of the admin problems that made large numbers difficult in tabletop RPing do not apply on-line; the more the merrier, within certain common sense limits.

Anyway, Billy, I would PM Rex if I were you, if you are after playing a not quite so intense game. He'll help you out.

Fire
sorry dexx I might have over reacted,
but I take RPG's and everything around it very seriously since it became a family tradition and I didn't really see why all the sarcasme was necessairy I still don't see why but hey I'll let it slide

Billy The Kid
O.K.

I will use some time to lock at the stories...and after a bit, I maybe understand a llittle more.
The I can contact Rex smile

Thank you all anyway
rolling on floor laughing

Fire
then u don't need the info any more okie good smile
but learn to reply on ur pm's please I'm missing out on a fight with my bro cause of u smile

Billy The Kid
Oh...I`m sorry.. :shy:

I`ll remember it next time

rolling on floor laughing rolling on floor laughing

Captain REX
Glad you've shown interest Billy. smile

I just got Fire into the game. I'll post the list of players shortly, just so I can keep track.

Captain REX
Here's the list; the players and their characters:

Light-side (6):

Julie - Keirra Andross
Gundark - Serina Kamala
LanceWindu - Lance Evenstar
Mah - Kakoii Hentai
Ushgarak - Arleth
Fire - Matrix

Dark-side (6):

General Kaliero - Dak Kaliero
Genral Zink - Frost O'Riely
Medraud - Medraud
LaurenE147 - Sala Akti
Dexx - Sasaki Kojiro
Bespin Bart - Vatan Zark

My bro is busy and Lauren isn't able to post, and my friend Zink is bored with it, so really we have 3 Dark Jedi. Dexx is the most prominent one.

Julie
that's sad....so it the advertisement working...maybe you should just advertise for more dark jedi

Captain REX
Make that 2...Medraud made such a big fuss about joining, then he disappeared. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Kaliero pops in occassionally, as well as my bro. Dexx hasn't posted for a few. confused

Dexx
been busy with my trip..anyway..i'm back

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.