Hypochondriac

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

ILoveMyDaniel
Yes, I am a hypochondriac.
Both of my parents are going through the stomach virus and I've probably read every medical page there is on the stomach flu (virus). I have stomach cramps that I'm not sure are due from the actual stomach virus lying dormant in my body, if I'm just making myself that way from worrying, or it's something else. I'm hungry but I won't eat (I just ate like 5 crackers, that'll probably be my meal for the day) because I'm scared that I might vomit or get diarrhea. I've been covering my nose and mouth with my shirt because I'm scared I may inhale the virus. I've washed my hands more frequently these last two to three days, more than I've ever done in my entire life combined. I'll probably be like this for a month because I read that the stomach flu can lay dormant for 1-3 weeks. I avoid the bathroom at all costs. I hold it for as long as I can. I spray the toilet seat with disinfectant and the rest of the bathroom and sometimes the whole house.
Yet, I am still scared.

SelphieT
.....you may just be getting stomache aches because you are just so nervous about getting the virus........but what do I know?

LanceWindu
Wow...that's not a way to live.

~Da Rev~
Originally posted by LanceWindu
Wow...that's not a way to live.

ILoveMyDaniel
Why not, Lance and Rev? Isn't it better to be precautious then to throw myself out at this virus and get it?

Lana
That's not being a hypochondriac.

A hypochondriac is someone who convinces themselves that they are ill when they aren't.

You're just being obsessive-compulsive stick out tongue

Not like stomach flu's the worst thing in the world anyway...

Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wah! My f*cking balls! They're like itchier than an itch in a hay-stack covered with fleas and balls. Then, this dude with a hat comes up and he's all like, "Yeah, so what if it is what it is if it isn't is is?"...Then, I was all like, "Alright, look at my elbows. Talk to me like I'm underwater, sing to me like I'm a vegetable that has limbs, but instead of a nose, I've got a telephone with your name on it". Then, his head took a short vacation to the moon, and I ate some pink popcorn. All agrab alab?

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Lana

A hypochondriac is someone who convinces themselves that they are ill when they aren't.

Oh Sorry.
Well to me it kind of is. I said in one of my other threads that I have a major fear of vomiting and/or being around vomit or someone in the act. I do agree, it's not the worst thing in the world but it comes close (to me, anyway). Plus, I read up on it and the things that I read made it worse.
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo
Wah! My f*cking balls! They're like itchier than an itch in a hay-stack covered with fleas and balls. Then, this dude with a hat comes up and he's all like, "Yeah, so what if it is what it is if it isn't is is?"...Then, I was all like, "Alright, look at my elbows. Talk to me like I'm underwater, sing to me like I'm a vegetable that has limbs, but instead of a nose, I've got a telephone with your name on it". Then, his head took a short vacation to the moon, and I ate some pink popcorn. All agrab alab?
no expression

SelphieT
Originally posted by Ya Krunk'd Floo

.........what the hell is wrong with you!?

SelphieT
Originally posted by ILoveMyDaniel
Oh Sorry.
Well to me it kind of is. I said in one of my other threads that I have a major fear of vomiting and/or being around vomit or someone in the act. I do agree, it's not the worst thing in the world but it comes close (to me, anyway). Plus, I read up on it and the things that I read made it worse.

no expression

don't feel bad, I'm scared of puking too. Its like, the worst thing in the world. I'd rather get punched in the face than puke.......blahhhh

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by SelphieT
don't feel bad, I'm scared of puking too. Its like, the worst thing in the world. I'd rather get punched in the face than puke.......blahhhh
Holy crap me too!

silver_tears
Why not, Lance and Rev? Isn't it better to be precautious then to throw myself out at this virus and get it?

You'd have the virus for a few days as opposed to doing all that shit for a month or so What the f**k?

LanceWindu

It's good to be precautious, but you're letting it take over your time.

ILoveMyDaniel
What do you mean by taking over my time? I do the same exact things whilst being precautious...nothing. I sit at home doing nothing, but I just do it with a little more precaution right now.. erm

Vinny Valentine

SelphieT
Holy crap me too!

yeah, last time I puked was.........probably a year ago. I knew I'd have to puke, so I started to freak and cry cause I sooooo didn't want to. But.......I just let it out. Good thing it was only watery. I have no idea why I puked anyways..........too much alcohol for once? hahaha......I don't really drink.......but that night I did.....stick out tongue

ILoveMyDaniel
yeah, last time I puked was.........probably a year ago. I knew I'd have to puke, so I started to freak and cry cause I sooooo didn't want to. But.......I just let it out. Good thing it was only watery. I have no idea why I puked anyways..........too much alcohol for once? hahaha......I don't really drink.......but that night I did.....stick out tongue
The last time I did was when I was nervous about a year ago.

I cried when I had the stomach virus a few years ago though.

SelphieT
The last time I did was when I was nervous about a year ago.

I cried when I had the stomach virus a few years ago though.

yeah, this one time I was chewing gum while laying down on the couch.....and maaaaan, I had to litterally grab my lips, run up the stairs, and fling up the toilet seat. ah it was grossssss, but, good thing it was watery too. ......it didn't have any food in it, weird....thats like the last time I puked......weird.....

but anyways, after I was done, no one was home so I called my dad and I started freaking out, hahahaha

ILoveMyDaniel
yeah, this one time I was chewing gum while laying down on the couch.....and maaaaan, I had to litterally grab my lips, run up the stairs, and fling up the toilet seat. ah it was grossssss, but, good thing it was watery too. ......it didn't have any food in it, weird....thats like the last time I puked......weird.....

but anyways, after I was done, no one was home so I called my dad and I started freaking out, hahahaha
HAHA! That totally had to suck.

I remember when my brother had the stomach virus and guess who he gave it to.....*cough* me! So I woke up with that "urge", you know the one you get when you are 10 seconds away from splurging everywhere?
I ran into the living room and kept tapping my Mom and she just wouldn't wake up and right when she did it was too late...I barfed all over the floor. She was pissed.

SelphieT
HAHA! That totally had to suck.

I remember when my brother had the stomach virus and guess who he gave it to.....*cough* me! So I woke up with that "urge", you know the one you get when you are 10 seconds away from splurging everywhere?
I ran into the living room and kept tapping my Mom and she just wouldn't wake up and right when she did it was too late...I barfed all over the floor. She was pissed.

hahahaha duuuude that sucks!!!!!! well.........just shows that parents are tooooo slow when it comes to important things big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
Yeah. Gah, I'm still freakin' though.

SelphieT
my mom's a nurse and all, and I was gonna ask her about stomach viruses for you, but she just left sad dammit

ILoveMyDaniel
Poop, that sucks. I could've used it.

SelphieT
yeah, POOP! laughing out loud I love saying poop big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
I like to say Poop cakes. Lol, we're weird!

SelphieT
laughing out loud POOP CAKES!!! hahahaha thats too funny

I like to call people butt pirates....or poo heads big grin

ILoveMyDaniel
stick out tongue

SelphieT
laughing out loud yeah.....a bit immature, but I like it

AOR
I've been covering my nose and mouth with my shirt because I'm scared I may inhale the virus.

If your not getting the virus, it by the grace of God wink

AOR

Actually considering the the stomach flu isn't all the bad, 7-10 days tops. Better to get it done and over with, cause you'll get the immunities to fight it off later. Atleast that's what I would do...

SelphieT
Originally posted by AOR
If your not getting the virus, it by the grace of God wink

.......are you a scientologist?

AOR
.......are you a scientologist?

No I am a wikipediaist ermm

H. S. 6

Hell no.

SelphieT
Originally posted by AOR
No I am a wikipediaist ermm

...........you mean wiccan?

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Hell no.
Hell no what?

SelphieT
Hell no what?

he thinks you should just get the virus and get over it. don't worry, he's a douche. I'd do anything to prevent puking. puking repeatedly that is

ILoveMyDaniel
he thinks you should just get the virus and get over it. don't worry, he's a douche. I'd do anything to prevent puking. puking repeatedly that is
laughing out loud Me too. I only ate a few crackers today so my parents have been asking me to eat something so I finally just gave in a little bit ago so I don't want to know the outcome of it. That food, I want it to stay in for a LOOOONG time.

H. S. 6
Hell no what?

"Isn't it better to be precautious then to throw myself out at this virus and get it?"

"Hell no."

Who the hell are you to start bashing me for my opinion? What the f**k?

AOR
...........you mean wiccan?

No wikipediaist. Some one who uses or is familiar with the web page Wikipedia erm

H. S. 6
Originally posted by AOR
No wikipediaist. Some one who uses or is familiar with the web page Wikipedia erm

laughing

AOR
laughing

tohslaugh

ILoveMyDaniel
"Isn't it better to be precautious then to throw myself out at this virus and get it?"

"Hell no."

Who the hell are you to start bashing me for my opinion? What the f**k?
Lol, that totally helps. smile

H. S. 6
Lol, that totally helps. smile

I try my hardest. smile

§cimitar
no expression I am the hardest.

ILoveMyDaniel

SelphieT
Originally posted by AOR

laughing out loud too cool

SelphieT

ILoveMyDaniel
laughing out loud
Is your Mom home yet?

SelphieT
Is your Mom home yet?

sad no, but she's coming home soon. She just called me on her cell phonio smile

ILoveMyDaniel
sad no, but she's coming home soon. She just called me on her cell phonio smile
Coolio.

§cimitar
I am... the hardest.

SelphieT
.........sad

Xavius

Actually, a large number (Most of them) of Hypochondriac's have an association to people with OCD.

She sounds like she has Anxiety Disorder, if anything.

ILoveMyDaniel
Originally posted by Xavius
Actually, a large number (Most of them) of Hypochondriac's have an association to people with OCD.

She sounds like she has Anxiety Disorder, if anything.
Yes, now that you mention it, I do! Wow that's so weird though. I was born with general anxiety disorder and I've been taking medication (Paxil) for two years but I recently stopped over this summer because it's quite addicting. Not addicting that I have to have it like every day of the week or I freak!, but addicting that I have to have it in order to be in a fairly good mood (mostly, not always), and to do a lot of other things. You'll probably all tell me that I need to get back on but trust me, even if I do, it won't make my fears of this virus go down any.

Xavius
No, as a Doctor, I won't tell you to get back on it because Paroxetine is an Antidepressant.

That's why it won't make your fears go away. You're taking the wrong Medicine.

ILoveMyDaniel
No, as a Doctor, I won't tell you to get back on it because Paroxetine is an Antidepressant.

That's why it won't make your fears go away. You're taking the wrong Medicine.
Why am I taking the wrong medicine? Sorry but you really don't know the real reason why I'm taking this medicine. This medicine is for shyness around school, teachers, other students, etc. And if it's actually an anti-depressent...it's not a very good one. I'm still depressed on it as much as I am off it....

SelphieT
heeeey! I talked to my mom last night about you're problem, and you're pretty much doing everything alright!

She told me ya know, don't use the same eating utensils and such, so make sure them forks are clean big grin

and also, careful in the bathroom, cause the virus is in.........ya know.......what goes in the toilet bowl. So make sure the toilets pretty clean when you go smile

and thats pretty much it! So you've already got everything down wink

ILoveMyDaniel
Well what about the air? I read it can pass through the air.

SelphieT
no, they cannot pass through the air. Just wash your hands real well. I just asked my mommy.

ILoveMyDaniel
Well how is that possible?
My Dad just walked into Grandma and Grandpa's house and didn't touch anything and caught it, Mom didn't touch Dad any (or anything related to dad, like his food utensils, etc) while he was sick and got it, My brother didn't touch mom OR dad or their utensils/cups/etc. and got it.
Plus I read on a medical site that it is airborne, highly contagious, and inhaled through the nose/mouth.
I'm not saying your Mom is wrong but this is what happened.

SelphieT
......what about the pooper?

.....are you sure its a stomach virus?

Xavius
Why am I taking the wrong medicine? Sorry but you really don't know the real reason why I'm taking this medicine. This medicine is for shyness around school, teachers, other students, etc. And if it's actually an anti-depressent...it's not a very good one. I'm still depressed on it as much as I am off it....

It is an Antidepressant, and I assumed you were taking it for the Anxiety. Was I correct?

Isn't that why you mentioned it?

Paroxetine doesn't help Anxiety, by the way. Not at all.

ILoveMyDaniel
......what about the pooper?

.....are you sure its a stomach virus?
Yes.
It is an Antidepressant, and I assumed you were taking it for the Anxiety. Was I correct?

Isn't that why you mentioned it?

Paroxetine doesn't help Anxiety, by the way. Not at all.
Have you proven this? Because actually it does. I've not had an anxiety attack since the day I took this AND I don't get nervous and am very outgoing.

Xavius
Yes.

Have you proven this? Because actually it does. I've not had an anxiety attack since the day I took this AND I don't get nervous and am very outgoing.

Oh lord, please. I've been spending years working with Paroxetine. It was loosely passed in by the FDA as an Anti Anxiety Drug. Unfortunately, those whom don't have actual chronic depression and use it for other problems have experienced idealism of Suicide, withdrawal syndrome, dizziness and intensive bowel problems. Paroxetine is best at treating Anxiety disorders on a tertiary level at best.

I'm not saying it doesn't work, but it seems as if you still have Anxiety problems and there are better drugs out there that can nail the problem almost completely. From my perspective, I don't recommend it if you do not have depression. It's like using Methylphenidate to assist sleeping disorder when Methylphenidate's primary function is to treat ADHD.

Not to mention your immune system will eliminate the secondary and tertiary functions of the drug and that's most likely why you still have AA's. When a drug isn't used for it's primary function most of the time, it's effect either wears out, causes side effects that you most of the time deny or don't realize and the effect wears off sporadically.

Flamboyant4Life
2 days of being sick vs 1 month of obsessive-compulsiveness

I'd take the virus

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.