Spider-Man vs Martian Manhunter with a twist

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

golem370
MM can't telepathy or Intangablity or speed blitz. Spider-Man is not holding back

Metalmanx
Did you forget that Martian Manhunter has Superman's strength?

Spite thread.

Juntai
Originally posted by golem370
MM can't telepathy or Intangablity or speed blitz. Spider-Man is not holding back Martian Manhunter wins.

Juntai
Originally posted by Metalmanx

Spite thread.
And flight.
Martian Vision.
11 senses.
Stretching and contorting powers - shapeshifting.
Superman style durability.
Invisibility.

crucifixio
MM can take Peter easy.....his strength level still greatly drawfs SM

Acrosurge
MM can't telepathy or Intangablity or speed blitz. Spider-Man is not holding back Spider-Spite! Spider-Spite!

Metalmanx
Originally posted by Juntai
And flight.
Martian Vision.
11 senses.
Stretching and contorting powers - shapeshifting.
Superman style durability.
Invisibility.

Yea, I knew all that. But the only thing that really matters is the strength. He's leagues beyond Spider-Man. Spidey's strongest attacks will do absolutely nothing. While a flick from MM could kill Spidey.

crucifixio
co-sign

Dinalfos
MM wins EASILY.

Cosmo Kramer
I wrote a story involving MM.

Cosmo Kramer
alien He is the best of the DC universe

Private Pion
"Excuse me, mister Manhunter? We have this curb you ordered. We specially renforced it to withstand 30% more stomping."
"Thank you. If you'd put it right there ready for my fight with Spider-Man."

Juntai
lol.

Darth Martin
MM 100/10.

H. S. 6
Manhunter crushes Spidey... hard.

golem370
Spider-Man has fought Firelord,Juggernaut,Hulk,Rhino,Sandman,Venom,Carna
ge and other people superior to Spider-Man in strength toughness and other ways but he been able a few times to hold his own...

Study before making a informed decision. I am not saying MM has the majority of the wins but I think he could pull out 1 or 2 wins
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377889&highlight=Spider-Man+respect+thread+forumid%3A95

Superherovandal
no he can't. none of those guys are nearly as smart or experienced or versatile as MM. and FL is pure PIS. no way Spidey could ever beat a cosmic entity like him.

xmarksthespot
I am not saying MM has the majority of the wins but I think he could pull out 1 or 2 wins What the f**k?

MM. Any time. All the time.

Tron

Spite thread.

It would be spite if he knew Spider-Man didn't stand a chance (which he doesn't). But, judging by the fact that he made the thread, he thinks he does.

ge and other people superior to Spider-Man in strength toughness and other ways but he been able a few times to hold his own...

Study before making a informed decision. I am not saying MM has the majority of the wins but I think he could pull out 1 or 2 wins
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/showthread.php?s=&threadid=377889&highlight=Spider-Man+respect+thread+forumid%3A95

No need to study what I already know. PIS aside, J'onn stomps him with ease.

golem370
What If he is wearing his suit made by Iron Man? or Spider-Phoenix
In Spider-Man #25, Spider-Man fools around with Excalibur. As everyone knows, Excalibur are a pretty wacky bunch, and nobody is surprised when Spider-Man merges with Phoenix to become... Spider-Phoenix.

Hey, maybe we need a list of times that Peter Parker has wielded the Power Cosmic?

Or Iron Spider-Man http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thSpider-Man21.jpg

Tron
What If he is wearing his suit made by Iron Man? or Spider-Phoenix
In Spider-Man #25, Spider-Man fools around with Excalibur. As everyone knows, Excalibur are a pretty wacky bunch, and nobody is surprised when Spider-Man merges with Phoenix to become... Spider-Phoenix.

Hey, maybe we need a list of times that Peter Parker has wielded the Power Cosmic?

Or Iron Spider-Man http://i64.photobucket.com/albums/h171/golem370/thSpider-Man21.jpg

If he were wearing his "Iron-Spidey" suit? Well, then he lasts .00001 seconds longer.

Tha C-Master
Power Cosmic would have been more suitable... but you didn't specify.

Swanky-Tuna

All of those characters are missing things Manhunter has or don't have them in great enough force, whether it be simple intelligence or the dozen or so extra powers.

Originally posted by Superherovandal
no he can't. none of those guys are nearly as smart or experienced or versatile as MM. and FL is pure PIS. no way Spidey could ever beat a cosmic entity like him.
Firelord was CIS if anything. The method in which Firelord lost and how minor the defeat was really tones it down.

Grimm22

Spite thread.

Or his invulnurability

or heat vision

or ect...

Darth Martin
MM is as they call the Swiss Army Knife of power in comics.

NiņoAraņa
spite spite spite spite!! mad mad

Spideys Sister
Spidey would beat the **** out of him. He'd flick him with his finger and Martian s face would fly off. That's why you don't ** with spidey. yes

badabing
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Spidey would beat the **** out of him. He'd flick him with his finger and Martian s face would fly off. That's why you don't ** with spidey. yes
I couldn't agree more. shifty

spetznaz
Golem.

I could waste maybe a couple of minutes and say all the ways in which Jjon could MURDER Peter (without even breaking a sweat), but you'll just think I am hating on you.
Thus I will not.

But you don't need to be psychic to know what I am thinking.

Let me just put it this way - Jjon is one of the most diverse characters in comicdom when it comes to power diversity as well as power intensity.
He has all the basic powers of Superman (eg high-level super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heightened super senses, several types of 'vision'), PLUS several other powers that even Supes doesn't have (eg high-order telepathy, high order shapeshifting, phasing, etc).

Yet you put him against Peter Parker!

p.s: You either SERIOUSLY overestimate Marvel characters, or TOTALLY underestimate DC characters.
This is just another example (of many) that illustrates this flaw in your reasoning.
You just matched one of the more powerful members of the JLA against someone with the 'relative powers of a SPIDER!'

Arahan
Poor Spider-Man no

xmarksthespot
Originally posted by spetznaz
Golem.

I could waste maybe a couple of minutes and say all the ways in which Jjon could MURDER Peter (without even breaking a sweat), but you'll just think I am hating on you.
Thus I will not.

But you don't need to be psychic to know what I am thinking.

Let me just put it this way - Jjon is one of the most diverse characters in comicdom when it comes to power diversity as well as power intensity.
He has all the basic powers of Superman (eg high-level super strength, super speed, invulnerability, heightened super senses, several types of 'vision'), PLUS several other powers that even Supes doesn't have (eg high-order telepathy, high order shapeshifting, phasing, etc).

Yet you put him against Peter Parker!

p.s: You either SERIOUSLY overestimate Marvel characters, or TOTALLY underestimate DC characters.
This is just another example (of many) that illustrates this flaw in your reasoning.
You just matched one of the more powerful members of the JLA against someone with the 'relative powers of a SPIDER!' Do you know what's weird? I wouldn't doubt that this was probably intended to be a spite thread in the opposite direction. messed

spetznaz
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Do you know what's weird? I wouldn't doubt that this was probably intended to be a spite thread in the opposite direction. messed

LOL.

You are actually quite possibly correct on that assertion. Probably Golem thought it was a spite thread, but in the opposite direction (as in without the use of the speed blitz Jjon would be totally helpless against Spiderman).
When the truth is that based on strength alone MM could crush Spiderman, together with all the various symbiotes that have popped in and out of continuity.

I honestly do think that Golem thought that this would be an easy win for Spidey, and thus he might have intended it as (as you put it) a 'reverse spite thread.'

Moreover, look at some of his other threads. For instance the ever-occuring type where he pits a single character, or a small group of characters, from the Marvel Universe against the ENTIRE DC universe.
For him to do that implies that he REALLY does believe that any character from Marvel automatically garners thousands of free points that enable them to singlehandedly take on an entire universe.

One thread he did some months back (which I always bring up) pitted some obscure Marvel character (this was when he'd get obscure characters from a certain website that had entire lists comprised of little-known/obscure Marvellites) against the entire DCU.
Now, the HILARIOUS thing is that the character he had put up against the ENTIRE DCU had been defeated in Marvel by TWO characters.

Those characters were:
a) Magik
b) Nightcrawler (yep, the mutant with a forked tail that likes to 'port the day away).

Yet this character was supposed to defeat the ENTIRE DCU.

Hence I think it is VERY plausible that in Golem's mind Marvel characters have some sort of mega-advantage going on for them, which allows them to be able to defeat other characters that are quite simply beyond their pay-grade.

Case in point?

This thread: Spiderman vs the Martian Manhunter.

I say next you will see a thread that has Beast going against WonderWoman.
After all, Beast is hairy, has a very nice shade of blue coloration going for him, and has a hairstyle that is remarkably similar to that of Wolverine.
Furthermore Beast is from Marvel and WonderWoman is from DC (just ignore the fact that WonderWoman could kill Beast in about 450 different ways - simply concentrate on the fact that one is from Marvel, and thus 'will win,' and the other from DC, the poor lass).
Hence you shouldn't be surprised to see such a thread, with the guy actually thinking Beast has a chance.

don't shiv

Your Marklarts vis-a-vis generic underscoring of DC gladiators ring wise and true.

M.M. eyes him and fries him.

Tron

Ultraman Baltan
Spiderman wins. Why? Because good ol' Spidey always wins in the end!

golem370
Your talking about Archenemy and you must have not have read the thread but that character beat both Mephisto and Dormamu in there own realm where they are considered close to Omnipatant and beat them easy because he was strong against magic. I suggest you do some reading and see it really took to stop Archenemy.

http://www.marvunapp.com/Appendix3/archenemymagik.htm

Grimm22
If you take away, MM's teleapathy, intagibility, super strength, super speed, invulnerability, shape shifting abilites and heat vision then Spidey can win. stick out tongue

Ultraman Baltan
Your talking about Archenemy and you must have not have read the thread but that character beat both Mephisto and Dormamu in there own realm where they are considered close to Omnipatant and beat them easy because he was strong against magic. I suggest you do some reading and see it really took to stop Archenemy.

Who gives a shit? Spidey HAS to always win at the end! We all know that!

spetznaz

As I've said before, the major issue that you have (from which your Marvel vs DC bias stems from) is that you tend to look at only one aspect in a matchup and ignore any other facet in the mix, no matter how pertinent it might be.
For instance this thread: Spiderman vs Martian Manhunter.
You obviously analyzed the capabilities of Peter Parker, which are quite formidable I might say, and thus thought it would be a good matchup. HOWEVER you totally disregarded the other character (Martian Manhunter) who, even without the use of the speed-blitz and phasing still has a MYRIAD other powers at his disposal, ANY OF WHICH (eg his strength alone, his telepathy alone etc) could destroy Spiderman a hundred times over.
Thus you limit yourself greatly since you take a viewpoint that is extremely myopic - you are only seeing one small fraction of the big picture, and thus end up creating threads that are quite skewed in their nature.

Now, to Arch-Enemy.

Yes, that is the character I was referring to, and you might be surprised to learn that I had actually read up on him (I just couldn't recall his name). And yes, I know what he did to the Demon Lords and how he was a major pain.
However this all comes back to your issue with aspect and myopia!
You looked at how he handled Dormamu and Mephisto (characters that I have to admit are major leaguers in a major league), and from that formed a premise that since he did that to them he would automatically be able to take on the ENTIRE DC UNIVERSE!

Now, what you did not take into consideration is that once his weakness was discovered Magik simply sent Nightcrawler to destroy a computer program and the 'mighty' Archenemy became sword chowder!

You really have to look at the big picture.

Let me give you an example.

Take the disease called Polio.
That thing used to be a major thread to life and health throughout the world, and global pandemics would break out every now and then which would either kill people (but mostly) leave them crippled and living a miserable existence.
Even a Us president was afflicted with it as a child and had to use a wheel chair for most of his life.
Anyways, that disease was a major pestilence (and in some of the more underdeveloped parts of the world it still is, but even there not as bad as it once was).

Anyways, if a person who is not immunised is exposed to it they are afflicted.
However with immunisation the impact of the disease has been totally negated. You get immunised and the disease will not even affect you.

Now, let's say there was a forum that had a 'versus battle' for disease (eg which is worse: Sars or H1N5 bird flu?).
Someone comes up and starts saying how Polio is a devastating disease that can affect the entire world.
How polio is a major disaster waiting to happen.
how polio is the bane of human existence.
How polio will either kill us all or leave us in crutches and wheelchairs.
How polio is a threat to the free world.
How polio is the son of Al Queda.
How polio is the spawn of the devil.
How polio can take on the entire world.

Alright, the person wouldn't be wrong, BUT he also wouldn't be right.

Why?

Because he forgot to mention one minor point - that there are immunizations for polio, and that they are cheap, and that they are widely available and given to most humans when they are children, and that once immunized the threat of polio GOES TO ABSOLUTE ZERO!

In the big picture the threat of polio is less than that of the flu!

Same thing with archenemy.
He took out some very powerful people, but he was stopped by a very weak character once his weakness was discovered.
YOU put him against an ENTIRE universe, which has characters that are more powerful than Dormamu and Mephisto (believe it or not DC does have people more powerful than mephisto, Wolverine, Captain America or whatever Marvel character is supposed to easily defeat 'any' DC character).
An entire universe.

You did not look at the big picture.
What you did is that you only focused on one small component (eg in this thread the fact that Spiderman is, well, Spiderman and has a nice power set; and in the archenemy gig the fact that AE took down some very powerful demon lords), but you totally ignored some even more important factors (eg in this thread the fact that you put spiderman against the MARTIAN MANHUNTER!!!!!!!!!!; and in the AE thread the fact that not only did you match AE and his group against an ENTIRE universe but also the fact that AE as a character had such a dire character flaw that once his weakness was discovered his defeat could be handled by nearly anyone).

What you do is like going to buy a car, and seeing a very nice shiny C6 Corvette, and spending 40,000 bucks on it.
But then realizing that it was just a plastic mockup of a corvette, with no engine or anything - simply a plastic cover that looks like a corvette. You didn't even bother to look inside the car ...all you did was simply see the shiny exterior and get all googly-eyed!

Spiderman is a great character, and he has super-strength, has great reflexes, amazing agility, and has what might be a form of pre-cog (spider-sense).
He is an amazing character.

However next to the Martian Manhunter spiderman is basically absolutely worthless. Spiderman would be absolutely no threat to the Manhunter.
And even look at the responses in this thread: You have people with Spiderman as their sig saying that Spidey loses (and loses BAD). What does that tell you?

AS I said in the other post, you matched one of the stronger members of the JLa against a person with the relative powers of a spider.

Even you can tell that was quite silly.

Accel
^ Pure DC biased Haterade. That's what that is.

spetznaz
Originally posted by Accel
^ Pure DC biased Haterade. That's what that is.

Yep! After all we all know that Spiderman can defeat the Martian Manhunter.
roll eyes (sarcastic)

Ultraman Baltan
roll eyes (sarcastic)

I think he can. Actually, scratch that. I KNOW he can.

Accel
Damn right. Now get that DC bias out of here. ermm

Big Sexy
Spiderman ninja

spetznaz
Originally posted by Ultraman Baltan
I think he can. Actually, scratch that. I KNOW he can.

Nah, knowing isn't enough. You have to possess absolute religious conviction.
Thus, I have total faith that Spiderman could defeat a Martian Manhunter figurine. You know, the stand-alone plastic type figurine.
Total faith.
smokin'

Dinkus Mayhem
So you have a MM who can still use..

~ability to change shape
~invisibility
~Superman like strength and durability
~Speed for defenses (just can't speedblitz, dumb rule)
~Flight
~Martian Vision (Energy beams)

vs

Spiderman who is normal....

Winner: Martian Spidermanhunter

smokin'

spetznaz
Originally posted by Dinkus Mayhem
So you have a MM who can still use..

~ability to change shape
~invisibility
~Superman like strength and durability
~Speed for defenses (just can't speedblitz, dumb rule)
~Flight
~Martian Vision (Energy beams)

vs

Spiderman who is normal....

Winner: Martian Spidermanhunter

smokin'

Martian Spidermanhunter.
That's genius.
Good one.

big grin

To be honest this thread is a classic: someone (read: Golem 370) actually thought that Spiderman had a chance against Jjon.
That is simply amazing.

(And I can bet you a good amount of money that the kid who made this thread would scream bloody murder if someone created a thread that asked if Spiderman could defeat the Hulk! He would find it so ridiculous that anyone could pit Peter versus Banner's green iteration. Yet he makes a thread putting Spiderman versus the Martian Manhunter without blinking an eye when the mahunter could kill Spiderman in FAR MORE ways than the Hulk could. The Hulk would basically smash Peter Parker to gel, but the manhunter could smash Parker just as easily since he has superman-level strength, he could fry parker with martian vision, he could shapeshift and envelop parker by covering him all over so he couldn't breath, he could use his telepathy to make parker kill himself, or wipe his mind clean, or make Parker think he is a door knob! Goodness, the Manhunter could do ANYTHING with Spiderman).
Yet Golem 370, in all his 'wisdom' (not), thought that the two characters would make a good match up!
Amazing.

Actually this is crazier than some of the things Wolverine8888 used to say back in the days. At least W8888 would say why he thought Wolverine would win, and while most of it was far-fetched W8888 made an effort (although to be honest he'd say 'interesting' things like Wolverine beating Thor under KMC rules, or Wolverine defeating Superman, or Wolverine killing Wonderwoman etc etc etc).
But at least he'd give some explanation, no matter how skewed.

Golem does similar things (like putting weak-@$$ Marvel characters, eg Spiderman, against potent DC characters, eg Martian Manhunter), but every now and then Golem goes the extra step.
A step that even Wolverine8888 at his most rabid never went to.
He puts individual Marvel characters, or small groups of Marvel characters, against the entire DC universe.

Even Wolverine 8888 would never have done that.
Simply put it would have been too silly.

But hey, if Spiderman can defeat Jjon then a group of 5 marvel characters can take out an entire universe.

Arahan
Spiderman is a good character unfortunately
that doesnt help him against MM.

MM 10/10

spetznaz
Originally posted by Arahan
Spiderman is a good character unfortunately
that doesnt help him against MM.

MM 10/10

Very true.

Spiderman has a very nice set of powers, ranging from super-strength to amazing agility to one of the best sets of situational/combat awareness (spider-sense). And it doesn't stop there (eg he is smart, a very good fighter, quite resourceful as shown by him defeating characters that are stronger/faster than he is, etc etc etc).

Spiderman is da bomb.

Add to this that Spiderman, as a character, is one of the best written characters in comicdom. While there are some mistakes made (eg the whole cosmic spiderman arc), generally speaking Spiderman comics are very well written (and very well drawn). It is really hard to go wrong with Peter.

However (as you stated correctly), all that is for naught against someone like the martian manhunter. Jjon is simply on a different plateau from Peter.

I said Spiderman has defeated characters that are stronger than he is, but there is a huge difference between characters like Venom, Carnage and Rhino when compared to a Superman-strength character like the Manhunter.
And to the high-level super-strength add the following aspects, ranging from high-order telepathy to high-level intelligence (note that MM is one of the best minds in the JLA), to invulnerability, to hape changing, martian vision etc. Even if his super-speed and phasing ability is removed, Jjon can still be able to do anything with Peter.

Although to be honest MM would only need strength alone.

I'd say the guy who made the thread doesn't know who MM is.

Arahan
Very true.

Spiderman has a very nice set of powers, ranging from super-strength to amazing agility to one of the best sets of situational/combat awareness (spider-sense). And it doesn't stop there (eg he is smart, a very good fighter, quite resourceful as shown by him defeating characters that are stronger/faster than he is, etc etc etc).

Spiderman is da bomb.

Add to this that Spiderman, as a character, is one of the best written characters in comicdom. While there are some mistakes made (eg the whole cosmic spiderman arc), generally speaking Spiderman comics are very well written (and very well drawn). It is really hard to go wrong with Peter.

However (as you stated correctly), all that is for naught against someone like the martian manhunter. Jjon is simply on a different plateau from Peter.

I said Spiderman has defeated characters that are stronger than he is, but there is a huge difference between characters like Venom, Carnage and Rhino when compared to a Superman-strength character like the Manhunter.
And to the high-level super-strength add the following aspects, ranging from high-order telepathy to high-level intelligence (note that MM is one of the best minds in the JLA), to invulnerability, to hape changing, martian vision etc. Even if his super-speed and phasing ability is removed, Jjon can still be able to do anything with Peter.

Totally agree

golem370
Very true.

Spiderman is da bomb.

I couldn't give a **** what you say

Tron

He gave a very good thesis right there, and was respectful the whole way through, and that's all you have to say?

I suggest you learn some respect yourself.

golem370
I don't respect people to make fun of me Tron plus you are the Moderator not my mama

Tron
Well, he wasn't making fun of you, if you actually read all of his posts (except for a couple of sentences, which you need to watch next time, spetnaz, although golem, you quoted the post that had no insults). And no, I'm not your momma, but I am the moderator, thank you for reminding me. Disrespecting people like that won't be tolerated, especially when you disrespect a mod. I've never had a problem with you before, lets not start now.

badabing
Wow, I can't believe this thread went on like this. Even without telepathy, intangibility and speed blitz, Martian Manhunter is a Superman level (or close to) character. Flight, super strength (close to Wonderwoman), invulnerability and shape shifting. Spider-Man is on of my favorites, but this battle is very one sided. sad

Tha C-Master
roll eyes (sarcastic) All he has to do is web him up, then MM is useless.

spetznaz

You always think I am making fun of you and I am not. If I was it would be very easy to tell. All I am saying is that some of the threads you make are not only terribly skewed but to a large extent illogical.
Add to this the fact that I actually commend you for some of your threads (eg the Superboy Prime vs Steel in the Aegis Entropy thread was pure genius .....that was a really good thread). However if you make a thread putting solitary Marvel characters, or a small group of them, against the entire DC universe, well, that is quite illogical and I will say it. Or take this thread: Putting someone on the order of SPiderman versus someone like the Manhunter.
The funny thing is that in most of those threads there are quite a number of posters who actually make open fun of you (not your thread, YOU), and for the large part I only concentrate on your thread.

Yet you think I am making fun of you.

Honestly Golem, you are so good at making fun of yourself that there is no need for me to do any such thing. It wouldn't be a challenge. And anyways, making fun of anonymous people on an internet forum on comicbook characters would be a total waste of my time.

Thus, I am not making fun of you, and moreover you already make fun of yourself at a far greater level of efficacy than I could hope to match. Just look at the responses other people have to your threads and think - why are they making fun of my thread. Could it be that the thread might be silly. Maybe putting Spiderman versus the Martian manhunter wasn't such a good idea after all.
Then look at some of the good threads you make (eg the SBprime vs Aegis Entropy thread) and the responses in that thread, where several posters don't even know which character to choose because it is that good.
Then wonder how come in some of the threads you make people are making fun of you, and yet in a (sadly a few) others they can't even make a choice.
IT all comes down to thread integrity, and if you make a sucky thread then you cannot expect people to pat you in the back.

Is that making fun of you?
Well, if you think I am making fun of you then you need more help than I thought. I am not making fun of you (and, again, if I was it wouldn't be too hard to tell. It would be clearly evident).

As for you not giving a f@%^ to what I have to say ....well, that is ok.

I never wanted you to f@%^ me in the first place. If that's the game you play I'm sure there are some lonely guys seeking company in the classified pages of your local newspaper.
You could always contact them, and I hear it is free.

golem370
Yet Golem 370, in all his 'wisdom' (not), thought that the two characters would make a good match up!
Amazing.

Well, if you think I am making fun of you then you need more help than I thought. I am not making fun of you (and, again, if I was it wouldn't be too hard to tell. It would be clearly evident).

Is that a promise laughing out loud

golem370
Well those people can do what they want. If Batman can go toe to toe with Solomon Grundy or Karate Kid could go toe to toe with PC-Superman then in the realm of DC it wouldn't be to far fetched to believe that Spider-Man could match some what against MM. They make some silly fights

golem370
Spider-Man took down Firelord who could beat MM in a battle.

xmarksthespot
Spider-Man took down Firelord who could beat MM in a battle. herbshock

Hooray for triple posting.

Tron
Well those people can do what they want. If Batman can go toe to toe with Solomon Grundy or Karate Kid could go toe to toe with PC-Superman then in the realm of DC it wouldn't be to far fetched to believe that Spider-Man could match some what against MM. They make some silly fights

Karate Kid is a walking plot device, Spider-Man is not. And, with the exception of maybe a few occassions, he's never been shown to be.

Spider-Man took down Firelord who could beat MM in a battle.

Feel free to check the rules on this matter.

golem370
What matter?

Devil Lance
What matter?
this one wink
"from the forum rules thread"
No SvFL

Spiderman vs. Firelord, or SvFL, is a shorthand that refers to any time when a character performs a feat that their powers and skills should be blatantly insufficient for, and is not repeated or is rarely repeated again relative to the character's overall established career, as well as the character's opponents' established showings. In statistical terms, it is an outlier, something that is radically beyond the character's established capabilities. For example, Spiderman defeating a herald of Galactus is a case of the SvFL exemption; however, Batman being able to sneak up on Superman is not because he has done so frequently under different writers.
For standard debates, feats considered to fall under the SvFL exemption are not valid. Likewise, examples of writing which go against firmly set canon are also ignored. For example, in Larry Hama's run of Batman and Grell's run of Iron Man, both characters were out of character and did things very much against established canon; therefore those runs are disregarded.

oh and MM wins easilly smile

badabing
Originally posted by badabing
Wow, I can't believe this thread went on like this. Even without telepathy, intangibility and speed blitz, Martian Manhunter is a Superman level (or close to) character. Flight, super strength (close to Wonderwoman), invulnerability and shape shifting. Spider-Man is on of my favorites, but this battle is very one sided. sad
Seriously, Spider-Man is a cool character but this thread is ridiculous.

batdude123
J'onn mindrapes him.
Or speedblitzes him.
Or turns into some gigantic elaborate shape to squash Spider-man.
Or he heat ("Martian"wink visions him.
Or he smashes his head in.
Or he BFRs him.
Or he turns intangible and goes inside Spider-man, then proceeds to become tangible again.
etc.....

Spider-man has no chance in hell. smile

Tha C-Master
Pfft, he puts a Spider Tracer on Jonn and makes Jon fall to pieces in pain, before finishing him off with a Spidey Cut.

batdude123
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
Pfft, he puts a Spider Tracer on Jonn and makes Jon fall to pieces in pain, before finishing him off with a Spidey Cut.

no expression

Accel
Originally posted by Tha C-Master
The man brings a good point. thumb up

Tha C-Master
Originally posted by batdude123
no expression Well Spiderman has beaten Mysterio, who would beat MM. Then Spiderman gave Thor a smackdown, Thor couldn't even tell where Spiderman was...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.