WD's Choice Dilema (Nintendo)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
This coming holiday season I've decided to get me a nice Nintendo product as a gift. However, I'm undecied and maybe you guys can help. I been hearing nothing but reviews and positive responses on the games for Nintendo's DS. But I'm also thinking of getting a Wii. After analyze my expenses for the rest of year. It seems I'm gonna be left with only ONE to chose from.

So what do you guys suggest?

Should I go with the Wii?

Or should I go with the DS?

Help WD choose...the Dwarf wants Nintendo this holiday season.

Spartan005
Umm, definetely the Revolution (I hate the name Wii) Sure the DS is cool, but its handheld and the Revolution is next generation. And the DS really doesn't have that many good games. They come out every now and then, and IMO the only good ones are Mario games. Hope that helps

JKozzy
I'd have to say to make a good decision, the Wii would have to be out. If the Wii is as cool as it sounds, I'd go with that, personally. But we'll have to see how everything works out.

SaTsuJiN
would both choices be used mostly for multiplayer or single player gaming?

cuz you cant really carry a Wii around everywhere you go... but I bet the controller is gonna be a blast to play with

H. S. 6
I'd vote Wii, simply because I think most people play their home consoles more than their portables.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
would both choices be used mostly for multiplayer or single player gaming?

cuz you cant really carry a Wii around everywhere you go... but I bet the controller is gonna be a blast to play with

For multiplayer I have a 360. I can't decide because the games for both Wii and DS look pretty fun. It's just hard to choose.

BackFire
Get a DS lite now, get a Wii next year when there will be more games for it and when you can afford it. Owning both would be ideal, I'd imagine.

But, if that's not an option, then do as Jkozzy said and wait until the Wii is out, then decide. Not much is known about the Wii right now, really. No one really knows when the big name games will be coming out (besides Zelda), and no one knows how well the controller will work.

I can tell you this though, if you get a DS now you won't regret it. There's so many damn good games out for it already, and another half a dozen or so coming out before the end of the year, you can't really go wrong in buying one. Plus DS games are cheaper.

So yeah, get a DS lite now, Wii next year when there are more games worth buying. That's my answer.

WrathfulDwarf
Yeah! that's what I'm considering. A DS lite for the holiday season. But how good is a DS compare to a PSP in the hand held gaming? Lot's of titles?

H. S. 6
To me, they seem to both lack interesting titles. erm

Blaxican Hydra
Heres my advice, do what you got ta do with the girl, than broom her fast.

Spartan005
I just watched Spiderman yesterday eek!

DarkC
Wii.

BackFire
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
Yeah! that's what I'm considering. A DS lite for the holiday season. But how good is a DS compare to a PSP in the hand held gaming? Lot's of titles?

DS has many great great games, many more than the PSP.

Spartan005
If you're trying to decide between PSP and the DS, than here are some things to think about. PSP game retail for $50.. which is the same price as an Xbox or PS2 game. It can also play movies, but they go for the same price as a dvd (about $20) and you'll probably only watch them on a trip or something. The graphics are much better on the PSP, but the games are mostly straight from the PS2. The DS on the other hand has worse graphics, but it features the touch screen (which is interesting, but nothing to really buy the system for) and has many original games. I'd go with the DS mainly because its $100 cheaper, has more original games, and the games are $15 less.

Smasandian
Originally posted by Spartan005
If you're trying to decide between PSP and the DS, than here are some things to think about. PSP game retail for $50.. which is the same price as an Xbox or PS2 game. It can also play movies, but they go for the same price as a dvd (about $20) and you'll probably only watch them on a trip or something. The graphics are much better on the PSP, but the games are mostly straight from the PS2. The DS on the other hand has worse graphics, but it features the touch screen (which is interesting, but nothing to really buy the system for) and has many original games. I'd go with the DS mainly because its $100 cheaper, has more original games, and the games are $15 less.

But whats the difference between buying the PSP because of the graphics than buying DS because of the touch screen. I think the touch screen is alot more important and useful than any snazzy graphics.

I would DS for now, Wii later.

Spartan005
Yeah, I know... I own the DS. I was just bringing up some things to think about...

SaTsuJiN
ds now, wii next year sounds like a good idea

mmmm ds lite..

WrathfulDwarf
Hmm...this is all good. At first I was considering a PSP or a DS. But then as I notice that the Wii looks like a fun console..I just threw out the idea of a PSP. I think getting a DS first would be a good choice and buy the Wii next year for my bday. Damn! So many choices. big grin

Stalker 360
wii is looks great
i love the ds mario games are really the only fun ones
psp is fun i mean movies on the go is great

id say a wii as its next gen but saying that u have next gen ness at its best hmm

ok my choice would be the psp or ds as its portable and if i had to chose id say psp as its multimedia

El_NINO
Considering how cheap the Wii will be and how great the DS is as well as cheap, I would say DS now and Wii next year. Amazingly you can have both for less than $400 or $500.

MadMel
get DS first, then wii next year...i personally cannot wait that long to get a wii or ill explode.....blowup

Mišt
Does the Wii's backward compatible download thing include handheld games as well, or just Nintendo console games?

Vinny Valentine
Buy a 360.

El_NINO

WrathfulDwarf
Aside from Mario are there any puzzle games for the DS?

BackFire
Meteos. Great puzzle game, a lot of fun.

WrathfulDwarf
Ooooh! I like that! big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.