funny anime names

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

son of vegeta
some names are weird

spencerspider
bobobo?!?! ichigo?? naruto!! i mean lots of names r weird.. vegeta

SelphieT
Kenada or whatever..........from Akira *shudders again*

NINJ4_BL4D3
Originally posted by SelphieT
Kenada or whatever..........from Akira *shudders again*

Yea its "Kaneda" like saying canada or whatever

D_A_R_E
Originally posted by spencerspider

actually Ichigo is one of the more common japanese names...

Ichigo Kurosaki
Seriously Ichigo is a very common name in Japanese names.

GODOFALL1
Bibidi had a son, Bobidi. And he is trying to release Majin Buu!(Supreme Kai)

bibidi bobidi buu (GAY!!!) LOL

spencerspider
bibidi bAbidi buu not bobidi lol. ichigo is common? strange..

XxILuvVegetaxX
It's not, because it's Japanese. X3

Outcesticide
Anime.......originating in Japan.

XxILuvVegetaxX
*nods* therefore, why would we expect them to have english names, excluding bobobo and dbz, they're actually normal, because it was made in Japan, it's only normal that the characters have Japanese names.

boobsmagee
smile yep, semi pointless thread

Miroku Herko
hey like trunks what was they thinking i mean trunks is cool but not his name and his last name trunks briefs isn't that a type of underwear SORRY TRUNKS and his lil'sis nickname bra briefs put it together and what you get training bra laugh if you must

Kurosaki Ichigo
bibidi bAbidi buu not bobidi lol. ichigo is common? strange..

Yes Very common.

boobsmagee
no ichigo ur too cool to have such a common name, ditch it laughing out loud

Gregory
Originally posted by Miroku Herko
hey like trunks what was they thinking i mean trunks is cool but not his name and his last name trunks briefs isn't that a type of underwear SORRY TRUNKS and his lil'sis nickname bra briefs put it together and what you get training bra laugh if you must

Uh ... yes. That's because Akira Toriyama gave all of the DB/Z characters wierd names (a lot of them are named after foods, for some reason...) But he's the exception.

Kurosaki Ichigo
Originally posted by boobsmagee
no ichigo ur too cool to have such a common name, ditch it laughing out loud

So true. smokin'

KingDubya
Naruto's name is reasonable in its origins. There is a strait between Awaji Island and Shikoku in Japan called the Naruto Strait, named so because it borders the city of Naruto in the Tokushima prefecture. A sort of food used commonly to top ramen and hot soba is called Naruto, named after said strait. Since Naruto's favorite food is ramen, the name definitely came from the food.
Funnily enough, Naruto is the name the Japanese have for the at symbol (@) because of a series of whirlpools in the middle of the Naruto Strait, which are called the Naruto whirlpools. Both probably influenced the spiral-shaped symbols that make the sign for his village, on his clothes, and around his navel (bellybutton).
Other things are that the name can be translated as "loud door", referring to his loud personality and that his last name, Uzumaki, can mean whirlpool or spiral, relating to what I said before about the Naruto whirlpools.
(I didn't expect it to be that long, but I decided to explain in full... big grin)
Originally posted by Gregory
Uh ... yes. That's because Akira Toriyama gave all of the DB/Z characters wierd names (a lot of them are named after foods, for some reason...) But he's the exception.
yes

boobsmagee
Originally posted by KingDubya
Naruto's name is reasonable in its origins. There is a strait between Awaji Island and Shikoku in Japan called the Naruto Strait, named so because it borders the city of Naruto in the Tokushima prefecture. A sort of food used commonly to top ramen and hot soba is called Naruto, named after said strait. Since Naruto's favorite food is ramen, the name definitely came from the food.
Funnily enough, Naruto is the name the Japanese have for the at symbol (@) because of a series of whirlpools in the middle of the Naruto Strait, which are called the Naruto whirlpools. Both probably influenced the spiral-shaped symbols that make the sign for his village, on his clothes, and around his navel (bellybutton).
Other things are that the name can be translated as "loud door", referring to his loud personality and that his last name, Uzumaki, can mean whirlpool or spiral, relating to what I said before about the Naruto whirlpools.
(I didn't expect it to be that long, but I decided to explain in full... big grin)

yes

i think this says enough

WOW

deth2550
why in the world is trunkes name trunks i mean his name is named after shorts lol

deth2550
lol naruto named after food lol didnt see that coming

Yoshiaki
Naruto... yum.. delicious smile

(not to be confused with disgusting Nato)

AnimeLuvr
I personal think the name Squall is a bit rediculous. I mean the rest of the final fantasy characters have stronge names but then here comes SQUALL. And isn't that another way of sating to draw apon??? something like that...

Lana
Originally posted by AnimeLuvr
I personal think the name Squall is a bit rediculous. I mean the rest of the final fantasy characters have stronge names but then here comes SQUALL. And isn't that another way of sating to draw apon??? something like that...

Squall, Laguna, and Raine's names are all connected in FF8 - all three of their names have to do with water, and it is very heavily implied that Laguna and Raine are Squall's parents.

For the record, Ichigo isn't really a very common name in Japanese, but it's not super-rare either. It means 'strawberry'.

Names in anime generally have some connection to the character and their personality. Anyone ever see the translations for the Senshi's names in Sailormoon?

And the DBZ names...nearly everything in that show is named after something random or weird. Get over it.

AnimeLuvr
yeah a lot of anime names would seem weird to us because we're not asians(no offense to those who are) it's just that we aren't used to these names.

Rakarr
all anime games are funny cuz they try to be good but they suck lol

kusuri
Pudding Fong....

AnimeLuvr
Originally posted by kusuri
Pudding Fong....

omg!!! what is that from???

Lana
Tokyo Mew Mew. All the characters have food names (Ichigo, Mint, Lettuce, Zakuro, Pudding).

AnimeLuvr
wow... apparently A LOT of anime names ARE after food...

Miroku Herko
didn't i said that but so true how can someone so cool have a stupid nameJumpythis should be himbag his mom and dad was like thisdrunk

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.