The Best Leader

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Darth Martin
Who has the best leadership skills and who would you want leading your team? Post your own opinion if not stated below.

Reed Richards
Captain America
Cyclops
Robin
Superman
Havok
Forge
Batman
Dr.Strange

King KAM
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Who has the best leadership skills and who would you want leading your team? Post your own opinion if not stated below.

Reed Richards
Captain America
Cyclops
Robin
Superman
Havok
Forge
Batman
Dr.Strange Cap leads Marvels Greatest team, as Superman leads DC's. So i would have to go with those 2.

backspace
co-signed

Darth Martin
But does Supes have that great of leadership skills tho.

backspace
Not as good as Captain America, but yeah Supes gets the job done.

King KAM
But does Supes have that great of leadership skills tho. yes,read Infinite Crisis#1

Blair Wind
Nah....Supes is a figure head, but hes not THE leader....if anything the LEADERS of the JLA are MM, Bats, Wonder Woman and at time Supes

I gotta give it to Cap erm

Darth Martin
Originally posted by King KAM
yes,read Infinite Crisis#1

What happens?

Darth Martin
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Nah....Supes is a figure head, but hes not THE leader....if anything the LEADERS of the JLA are MM, Bats, Wonder Woman and at time Supes

I gotta give it to Cap erm

I agree.

UniOmni
How do you have a leadership poll, and omit the best leader in the DCU??
I'm obviously talking about Nightwing. He shyts on Superman, Robin and Batman in the leading man thing. Comics have reiterated this fact.
Superman isn't a leader anyway. He's the mascot/figurehead.

But to rank them, its going to be Cap, Cyke, Nightwing, and Storm followed by Robin and Reed. Reed isn't the leader that those preceding him are. His leading follows a family dynamic. Others who've worked with the guy have noted his areas of lacking.

King KAM
What happens? Wonder woman and batman tell superman that People wont fight for them like they will fight for him, he is an Inspirational force that those 2 combined cant match, but BW is correct, he is more of a figurehead, but i would say its about the same thing, he motivates his team to perfom their best, and thats what matters.

Blair Wind
Originally posted by UniOmni
How do you have a leadership poll, and omit the best leader in the DCU??
I'm obviously talking about Nightwing. He shyts on Superman, Robin and Batman in the leading man thing. Comics have reiterated this fact.
Superman isn't a leader anyway. He's the mascot/figurehead.

Agreed

King KAM
Originally posted by Blair Wind
Agreed But i dont think cykes is a GREAT leader simply because he is more of a team Captain. He doesnt make his men perform at A+ levels he simply keeps them all in order/check.

I mean he is good and all but he doesnt "inspire" anyone. Where cap on the other hand makes his team fight better simply because if he is out there doing what he does, with "no powers" then why Cant they?

Blair Wind
I was agreeing to the Nightwing thing....

Superherovandal
NW def. He's like a fusion of Supes and Bats. He's the man with a great plan and people will follow him cause he's that nice.

marvelprince
Captian America is the best leader. Nightwing should come in second and Superman shouldn't be on the list as he's not so much a leader as the figurehead.

I also feel Martian Manhunter would make a good leader as his tacticial abilities are always observed by Batman and even Superman

Darth Martin
I agree with MM being a great leader. Cyclops has great tactitian skills. Deathstroke would make a perfect leader.

draxx_tOfU
how about adam warlock?

Darth Martin
Bump.

Skeets
Cap wins this by Default.

Metalmanx
But i dont think cykes is a GREAT leader simply because he is more of a team Captain. He doesnt make his men perform at A+ levels he simply keeps them all in order/check.

I mean he is good and all but he doesnt "inspire" anyone. Where cap on the other hand makes his team fight better simply because if he is out there doing what he does, with "no powers" then why Cant they?

I dunno about all this. Cyke to me is one of the greatest leaders Marvel has seen, of course second to Cap (there's really no contest). I mean, whenever they're training, Cyke is always pushing his X-Men to their limits, testing their abilities as far as he can. And yea, he keeps them in check, too. Of course he does, every team leader has to do this. I think Cyke's job is even harder though, with people like Wolverine on his team. Logan alone makes Cyke's job that much harder. If that doesn't scream inspiring leader, I don't know what does.

My ranking is:

1. Cap
2. Cyke
3. Magneto
4. Batman/Martian Manhunter
5. Teen Titans' Robin
6. Everyone else.

Sixth_Winged
Wonder woman and batman tell superman that People wont fight for them like they will fight for him, he is an Inspirational force that those 2 combined cant match, but BW is correct, he is more of a figurehead, but i would say its about the same thing, he motivates his team to perfom their best, and thats what matters.

Inspiration can only get you so far. He lacks the history of making tactical leadership decisions and ability to order people to be pushed to their limits(to kill) if need be(and he does, he goes having split personalities ie. gangbuster).

And as Batman frankly put it, the last time he inspired someone was when he was dead. Probably some more after IC.

ExodusCloak
Blackbolt is also a pretty good leader as is Mr Fantastic although Capt will always be number one in this area. Cyke is also quite good even after Astonishing #14 where Emma was needling him about his position as leader of the X-Men.

Crease
Capt's the best far and away. Cyclops is second and would be seen as a better if Xavier didn't always take charge during the big storylines.

Validus
Captain America for Marvel. Nightwing for DC.

Skeets
BoBo>>>>>Nightwing

willRules
Cap leads Marvels Greatest team, as Superman leads DC's. So i would have to go with those 2.

Ah but in JLA Avengers, Cap was asked to lead both teams yes

And he was asked to lead the teams in secret wars

Soljer
Captain America.

By a mile.

And a half.

marvelprince
Here are my top picks for each universe.

Marvel: / DC:
Captain America / Nightwing
Cyclops / Martian Manhunter
Mr Fantastic / Hawkman
Black Bolt / Mr. Terrific
Havok / Aquaman

And for the kids I say Patriot and Robin

Reaper777
Captain America by far

nimbus006
Cyke is a good leader, as we should find out in the next couple of issues of Astonishing. At least i hope...

1. Cap
2. Black Panther- guy leads an entire country
3. Nightwing
4. Cyke
5. Black Bolt
6. Supes- He is leader of JLA
7. Reed

Darth Martin
Faith is good also. When Nightwing says Titans Go!!! They move with apurpose tho.

Acrosurge
Originally posted by Metalmanx
I dunno about all this. Cyke to me is one of the greatest leaders Marvel has seen, of course second to Cap (there's really no contest). I mean, whenever they're training, Cyke is always pushing his X-Men to their limits, testing their abilities as far as he can. And yea, he keeps them in check, too. Of course he does, every team leader has to do this. I think Cyke's job is even harder though, with people like Wolverine on his team. Logan alone makes Cyke's job that much harder. If that doesn't scream inspiring leader, I don't know what does.

My ranking is:

1. Cap
2. Cyke
3. Magneto
4. Batman/Martian Manhunter
5. Teen Titans' Robin
6. Everyone else. Co-signed with all of this. Like him or not, Cyke is an awesome leader.

nimbus006
Somone give BP his props for leading the most technologically advanced country in the world. No one has ever successfully invaded Wakanda, and many have tried.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.