Movie Spoilers Thread

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Jman196
http://filmick.blogspot.com/

Im very disheartened that the lizard isn't in it but at least they have the build up to the character and how he works on the formula to regrow his arm. read here for juicy spoilers>>>>>

(spoiler warning).....................................................................
...............................................................................................
........................................................................................>>>>>>............

Personally, I have little doubt that Spider-Man 3 is going to use me as an emotional ashtray - and I can't wait.

Want to know how many of these shots actually figure into the film overall? This is all real, genuine, big spoiler stuff.

"Read on if you dare..."

Where does Venom come from? Well, the symbiote clings to Peter after a date with MJ - like gum on his shoe to begin with, almost. As he sleeps, covers him - we see this in the trailer. When he wakes up, he's hanging upside down on the side of a building - much like the final shot in the teaser. It's the old werewolf thing - but used to dramatise Peter's internal conflict. Venom adopts an appearance like the red/blue Spidey suit because Peter is wearing it when it covers him - though he's not wearing the mask, so there's a little dramatic license at play. Tut tut - can do better, Mr. Raimi. See me after class.

Before getting on Peter, the symbiote has a rather 50's sci-fi origin, not unlike that of The Blob. It looks like Raimi has had a lot of fun with this element of the story.

Okay - back to the plot. How does Eddie Brock become Venom? Well, when Spidey is "caught" by the symbiote, Brock follows this Venom character to a church bell tower. He's both trying to upstage Peter's coverage in the Bugle, and also twist the knife into Spidey. Here, Peter manages to overcome the symbiote and rip himself free of the suit, but some of it falls onto Brock. That is, of course, all he needs to soon "become" Venom. We see plenty of shots from this sequence in the teaser, including Brock's discovery of who is inside the suit just before the symbiote gets onto him.

The Venom-Brock does not look exactly like the Venom-Spidey, but more organic, more like the comic book Venom. This is, apparently, due to the fact that Spidey had the red/blue suit on, Brock does not. Peter's split into two-halves in so many ways (Peter/Spidey, Spidey/Venom-Spidey, Peter/Dark Peter) that it would get confusing if the metaphorical values of each wasn't so clear.

For most of the film, Spider-Man is in pursuit of Flint Marko, The Sandman, but we begin with an early Green Goblin/Spider-Man show-down - some of which is seen in the trailer - shot at night-time, Harry's face is exposed clearly in most shots, you see him fly into the wall fist first. It is only at the end of the film that Spidey faces off against Venom. Thankfully, Harry herein comes to his aid in Green Goblin guise, showing that he too has won his own internal conflict much like Peter has. Hurrah for Harry.

Sadly, though, Harry is killed. Tears for Harry.

Aunt May also dies within he film's running time. Trust me, you don't want to know when and where.

Apparently, MJ does NOT die. I know I was expecting her to go, but if she does, it is somehow being kept an even bigger secret than the rest of these details.

All the business in the trailer with the ring? Well, apparently, there's much ado about that piece of jewellery - and at one point, it even ends up in a pawn shop. The romance storylines from 1 and 2 are every bit as much of 3 - maybe more so.
The Venom-Brock villain is conclusively dispatched, though the symbiote itself survives - so whatever hack is handed the series after Raimi leaves (taking Maguire and Dunst with him, no doubt) will be able to resurrect some kind of Venom villain.

Dark Spidey, as it were - Peter before he has overcome Venom - is the one who courts Gwen Stacey. Problems in the relationship with MJ, as well as professional issues - both as a photographer and crime-fighting webslinger, as it were - compound to bring him down. Real down. Even downer than last time. That's how Raimi, Sargent and co are using Venom - as a dramatic device to show Peter not just giving up on his great responsibility, but getting drunk on his great power.

Venom-Spidey fights some robbers, The Sandman and the Green Goblin before Peter dispels it in the bell-tower.

There are scenes inside Curt Connor's lab, where he studies the symbiote, and these scenes are also used to set up the research that will, in the character's story - though not in this movie - turn him into The Lizard. Take these teasing references more as tantalising morsels for the fanboy piranhas than concrete set-up for any subsequent film, however.

Spidey's fights with the Sandman not only take place in the Armoured Car chase so well covered on this blog (I was on set for much of the shooting) but also, I am told, in the subway. The final fight, the four-way rumble with Spidey, The Sandman, Venom and Harry as the Green Goblin, takes place in a construction site.

The extra villain that everybody has been speculating about makes only a fleeting appearance, and then only in a very off-hand but amusing way. Bruce Campbell's character this time around is Quentin Beck - known to fans of the comic as Mysterio. Again, don't take this as set-up for a subsequent film, but if anybody ever does put Mysterio in a film and NOT cast Bruce Campbell, they'll have hell to pay.

And of course, this also cleverly shines a new light on Campbell's two previous cameo appearances. Hilarious.

I can now confirm that the Black Cat does not make any significant appearance in the film, despite existing, on paper, in various earlier conceptions. She appears to have been removed for and replaced with Gwen Stacey. She was there for "Dark Peter" to romance, but Stacey was possibly considered a better choice as the franchise will need a new sweetheart now Dunst has made her intentions to depart clear.

(soiler ending)
..................................................................................................
..................................................................................................
.....................................................................>>>>>>>>>>>>>>

The problem is, is that it is a year away and this makes you want to see it anymore, Im kind of cheesed off that spider-man will have a proper trilogy and maybe quadrilogy and X-men my favourite comic gets f**cked up by some hack of a director **grumble**grumble** note to self do not take anger toward brett ratner out on computer, GRRRRRRR stupid ratner stupid ratner, oh well what can you do at least we will have some kick ass spidey movies

NiņoAraņa
sounds uber packed wink

spencerspider
I LOVE IT!! hooray for Harry

Punker69
So...can anyone tell who the fourth villian is?

Silverstein
there's a mention of Mysterio but that thing above doesn't say it very clearly.

so i think its

Green Goblin II
Sandman
Venom
and Mysterio

spencerspider
yea just a cameo of mysterio most likely

Punker69
This is starting to sound like "Batman and Robin" all over again.

willRules
That description sounds exactly like the sort of thing I was expecting smile

chucktaylor
Why did everyone believe Mysterio when HE posted it???

No one belived me when did...sad

spencerspider
cuz his came with alot more info lol

Jman196
Hey spencerspider doesn't that kind of suck that your favourite character is going to die, oh well at least he will go down with a fight, that should be amazing seeing the alliances being formed and the big battle, it would be great to see spidey caught in one of mysterios mazes, I hope that curt conners will turn into the lizard if there is a fourth one (crosses fingers)

spencerspider
well I knew he was going to die. I mean after spiderman 2 some said he wouldnt even become a goblin. ive seen he is and I want him to go out in glory. die from venom not sandman. savin peter man its such a good story i feel happy for him

Punker69
Originally posted by spencerspider
savin peter man its such a good story i feel happy for him

You wish.

Xam
wait a second...if i read clearly...dunst is leaving after film 3???is raimi also leaving???n is tobey leaving too?

Silverstein
the main cast is leaving

Xam
Originally posted by Silverstein
the main cast is leaving

rumors or confirmed???i heard tobey signed for 4 films...so can u gimme a link plz

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
rumors or confirmed???i heard tobey signed for 4 films...so can u gimme a link plz

i dont got any proof really, its what ive heard. Like how Tobey doesnt want to work out anymore so thats why he only wants to do just 3.

but Raimi says he has no problem with doing more than just 3 films ughh...erm

Xam
i could believe dunst leaving...but i doubt raimi n tobey would...if i was an actor i wouldnt wanna stop playing spider man smile

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
i could believe dunst leaving...but i doubt raimi n tobey would...if i was an actor i wouldnt wanna stop playing spider man smile

well being an actor he'd have to stay in shape. Work out, strict diet of vegetables, get up early in the morning to shoot scenes, etc. Not to mention he developed back problems. doctor

Xam
well being an actor he'd have to stay in shape. Work out, strict diet of vegetables, get up early in the morning to shoot scenes, etc. Not to mention he developed back problems. doctor

he has back problems???damn...do u know about this whole venom gettin its own movie at new line cinema??

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
he has back problems???damn...do u know about this whole venom gettin its own movie at new line cinema??

you haven't heard about his back problems? he got it during the filming of 'SeaBiscuit' and he almost got replaced by Jake Gyllenhal(however you spell it) kirsten dunst's real life boyfriend(at the time).

i didnt hear about a Venom movie, it should be interesting. I think i heard it somewhere...but not sure...

spencerspider
a venom movie w/o spidey would suck, i wouldnt see it

Silverstein
a venom movie w/o spidey would suck, i wouldnt see it

yeah, they gotta have spiderman.

Xam
apperently new linecinema aquired rights for a venom movie but quickly realised it would flop without spider man so they sold the rights back to sony/columbia for spider man 3

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
apperently new linecinema aquired rights for a venom movie but quickly realised it would flop without spider man so they sold the rights back to sony/columbia for spider man 3

yeah, i dunno what they would do with just Venom...maybe the symbiote on eddie brock, some of his struggles on life with it i dunno, him killing people lol like a horror flick!! but then eventually they'd need spidey

Xam
yeah, i dunno what they would do with just Venom...maybe the symbiote on eddie brock, some of his struggles on life with it i dunno, him killing people lol like a horror flick!! but then eventually they'd need spidey

yeah well good thing that marvel got the rights back lol...nice sig btw

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
yeah well good thing that marvel got the rights back lol...nice sig btw

haha thanks big grin

yeah, they probably would do a Spiderman villain movie in the future, once most of the superheroes are on the big screen.

Xam
Yeah after each and every single superhero is over with theyre gonna bring all the bad guys that havent been seeing in the superhero movies onto the big screen,tey have about 100 years worth of movie making right there lol,not to mention in 30 years the remake of spider man lol

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
Yeah after each and every single superhero is over with theyre gonna bring all the bad guys that havent been seeing in the superhero movies onto the big screen,tey have about 100 years worth of movie making right there lol,not to mention in 30 years the remake of spider man lol

hopefully film companies aren't spitting out comicbook movies for the hell of it. I heard the worst was Catwoman.

30 years for a remake for a few years for a next trilogy continuity w/new cast n director?, maybe ill be like James Bond, how throughout the years, a new actor will take up the role (ugh the new bond lol santa geezer)

man this place is dead right now.

Xam
yeah its messed up,catwoman is a movie i feel bad for...neways i cant believe raimi went with just a little zoro looking mask for GG2...wut do u think

Silverstein
Originally posted by Xam
yeah its messed up,catwoman is a movie i feel bad for...neways i cant believe raimi went with just a little zoro looking mask for GG2...wut do u think

well, i sort of believe what the spoilers in this thread says and how this sucky one is probably just a test-suit...if this lame suit is the actual thing, ugh that'd be just...sad

Xam
its like the phantom of the opera lollll its really...simple..boring

chucktaylor
Nice sig silverstein, came from the pic I posted? big grin

Silverstein
Originally posted by chucktaylor
Nice sig silverstein, came from the pic I posted? big grin

big grin yep wink

chucktaylor
Hehehehehe! Glad to be of any assistance! big grin

Dan-El
I'd expect him to have develop back problems.

... I mean, look at that 10 story drop in Spider-Man 2!!! lol stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
I just heard Mysterio will be played by Bruce Campbell.

Anyone else see that?

roughrider
laughing

He's already had cameo roles ( as two different characters) in Spider Man 1 & 2. He'll just cameo as someone different again, is all.
We're stuffed with villains already in this film - Sandman, Venom and Green Goblin II.

Silverstein
no he has had Cameos as

Sp1 - Quentin Beck as the Ring Announcer
Sp2 - Quentin Beck as the Snooty Usher
Sp3 - Quentin Beck as Mysterio

Vinny Valentine
Sweet, He is playing Mysterio.

Silverstein
well technically he is still a rumour, but straight from the donkeys mouth, raimi said that Bruce will be upgraded to a villain

Vinny Valentine
well technically he is still a rumour, but straight from the donkeys mouth, raimi said that Bruce will be upgraded to a villain

Thats Sweet.

Bruce is a good actor and I'd love to see Mysterio.

H. S. 6
I doubt he'll be in 3, though. Maybe as a small villain in 4.

NiņoAraņa
he'll probably do some cameo, then at the end, or close to it, have his illusion die out and we see him in full Mysterio gear

Silverstein
maybe he'll be in it for comic relief.

Like parker goes to another of Mj's theatre plays. and Mysterio tries to use Mj as a hostage, and the crowd doesnt take him seriously, and then You see Parker leave, Spiderman takes out Mysterio in no time, and its Quentin Beck, snooty usher, announcer, maybe do a 'call-back' to the previous movies like if he remembers "The Human Spider". then a scene of him in the back of a police car.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by H. S. 6
I doubt he'll be in 3, though. Maybe as a small villain in 4.

A small part in S4?

Mysterio was a huge character in spiderman comics... he was the only villian to find out Spideys true identity....

maybe he'll be in it for comic relief.

Like parker goes to another of Mj's theatre plays. and Mysterio tries to use Mj as a hostage, and the crowd doesnt take him seriously, and then You see Parker leave, Spiderman takes out Mysterio in no time, and its Quentin Beck, snooty usher, announcer, maybe do a 'call-back' to the previous movies like if he remembers "The Human Spider". then a scene of him in the back of a police car.

no

I think he might become the villian for number 4 though. Just because Mysterio was an awsome villian.

Maybe have Mysterio and Carnage in 4 droolio

NoFate007
Told ya it was Mysterio lol.

Spideys Sister
Dammit. I keep telling you guys... if they're in the game they're not going to be in the movie. Trust me I've been around the corner with this sort of stuff.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Spideys Sister
Dammit. I keep telling you guys... if they're in the game they're not going to be in the movie. Trust me I've been around the corner with this sort of stuff.

What the hell are you talking about What the f**k?

Stan Lee mentioned Mysterio coming into the films.

Also, if thats true then Venom, Green Goblin, and Doc Oc would never have been in movies.

I would make a bet with you that Mysterio will make an apperance, and possibly even be in S4.

erm

NoFate007
The games aren't more important than the films. If the film wants to do something, it doesn't need to follow the game's plotlines or anything. That's why things are different between the two. Ideally, they'd be synchronized perfectly, but that never happens, just like how people seem to think that the films always have to follow strict comic book guidelines - they've shown examples and have stated that they don't do that. The films are the films and the only thing that they keep up with continuity for is the previous films lol.

SpyCspider
Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Mysterio was a huge character in spiderman comics... he was the only villian to find out Spideys true identity....

GG?
GG2?
Doc Ock?
Scorpion?
Venom?

FG725
A small part in S4?

no

I think he might become the villian for number 4 though. Just because Mysterio was an awsome villian.

Maybe have Mysterio and Carnage in 4 droolio
yeah sorry Vinny it was a big deal back then but now it's like who hasn't found out who spidey is. I think Carnage might know as well not sure though.

H. S. 6
A small part in S4?

Green Goblin? Venom? Green Goblin 2? Doc Ock? Kingpin? The Jackal? Chameleon? The list goes on and on.

Publicly, Mysterio could never be considered for a serious movie. The audience wouldn't accept him as a real threat.

FG725
Green Goblin? Venom? Green Goblin 2? Doc Ock? Kingpin? The Jackal? Chameleon? The list goes on and on.

Publicly, Mysterio could never be considered for a serious movie. The audience wouldn't accept him as a real threat.
yeah they'd have to seriously change his suit. Same with others like I can't see Shocker being considered serious maybe Rhino if they go with ultimate one.

chucktaylor
I started the Mysterio thing...sad

Vinny Valentine

Nope.

Mysterio in the Orginal set of comics was the only villian to find out Spideys true identity.

Or Maybe he was the first..

I know he was one of them.

Spideys Sister
What the hell are you talking about What the f**k?

Stan Lee mentioned Mysterio coming into the films.

Also, if thats true then Venom, Green Goblin, and Doc Oc would never have been in movies.

I would make a bet with you that Mysterio will make an apperance, and possibly even be in S4.

erm Dude, Vin what the hell are you doing on the Spidey Forum anywho? Don't make a bet you can't win with a chic who knows what she's talking about. I'm not saying BC is NOT going to be in any of the Spidey movies... I'm just saying there is no way in hells Kitchen that he's going to be Mysterio...

Vinny Valentine
Dude, Vin what the hell are you doing on the Spidey Forum anywho? Don't make a bet you can't win with a chic who knows what she's talking about. I'm not saying BC is NOT going to be in any of the Spidey movies... I'm just saying there is no way in hells Kitchen that he's going to be Mysterio...

Okay, We'll See.

Sparkz
Nope.

Mysterio in the Orginal set of comics was the only villian to find out Spideys true identity.

Or Maybe he was the first..

I know he was one of them.

No he didnt GG was the first to find out his identity, and as to my knowledge Beck dosen't know Parker is Spidey anyway. Hell if you wanna be realy technical Doc Ock was the first person to unmaske Spider-man but he didn't belibe Parker was Spidey.

Silverstein
there is a 4rth villain and he'll have a small in the movie, cuz GG2, Sandman and Venom have the spotlight already, thats like a fourway battle royale.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Sparkz
No he didnt GG was the first to find out his identity, and as to my knowledge Beck dosen't know Parker is Spidey anyway. Hell if you wanna be realy technical Doc Ock was the first person to unmaske Spider-man but he didn't belibe Parker was Spidey.

Sory, but the GG techniccly never found out Parker Was Spiderman.

Neither did Doc Oc.

Mysterio WAS the first real villian to find out.

Sparkz
Sory, but the GG techniccly never found out Parker Was Spiderman.

Neither did Doc Oc.

Mysterio WAS the first real villian to find out.

Oh I'm sorry I must have gotten confused when GG Dulled Peter's Spider-sense followed him home watched him unmask himself evesdrop on him to find out his name then proceed in attacking him as Peter Parker instead of Spider-man.

And yeah Doc Ock Unmasking a vulnerable Spider-man yeah I can see how technicly he didn't find out....

And when did Mysterio find out anyway??

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Sparkz
Oh I'm sorry I must have gotten confused when GG Dulled Peter's Spider-sense followed him home watched him unmask himself evesdrop on him to find out his name then proceed in attacking him as Peter Parker instead of Spider-man.

And yeah Doc Ock Unmasking a vulnerable Spider-man yeah I can see how technicly he didn't find out....

And when did Mysterio find out anyway??

I'm talking about the Original Comics no expression

Mysterio Fallowed him home.

Sparkz

The original comic was "The Amazing Spider-man" what are you talking about?

Skeets
What the f**k? mysterio just recently found out who spidey was due to the news and such.GG was the only one who knew who Spidey was back in the day.

Sparkz
Originally posted by Skeets
What the f**k? mysterio just recently found out who spidey was due to the news and such.GG was the only one who knew who Spidey was back in the day.

Glad someone eles said that I thought I was going nuts...

H. S. 6

Sorry to burst your bubble, but your "original" comics are the same series that come out today. erm

Green Goblin, if I remember correctly, was the first to discover Spidey's real identity.

Dan-El
I hate it when ignorant people try to sound smart. To the best of my knowledge, Mysterio never discovered Pete's secret identity. I have researched the character history on all three Mysterios (Mysterioes? Mysterii?), and none have discovered who Spider-Man really is.

You my friend, all full of shit. Chock full of shit. So take your shit and go to another forum in which you have SOME shitty knowledge of the shit you carry in your shit filled brain.

... Shit.

Spideys Sister
Sorry to burst your bubble, but your "original" comics are the same series that come out today. erm

Green Goblin, if I remember correctly, was the first to discover Spidey's real identity. He was.Originally posted by Dan-El
I hate it when ignorant people try to sound smart. To the best of my knowledge, Mysterio never discovered Pete's secret identity. I have researched the character history on all three Mysterios (Mysterioes? Mysterii?), and none have discovered who Spider-Man really is.

You my friend, all full of shit. Chock full of shit. So take your shit and go to another forum in which you have SOME shitty knowledge of the shit you carry in your shit filled brain.

... Shit. eek! The language! It burns! laughing out loud Vinny seriously... go back to the OTF. It's where you are needed and appreciated.smile

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by Dan-El

... Shit.

Suck my nuts buddy, research all you want because I still remember VIVIDLY that Mysterio Was the first Villain to find out Parkers true identity. I remember it clearly like it was yesterday, and if You ever try to pull that shit on me again and try to Flame the Flame Master, I'll put you in your god damn place.

It Happened in the comic Books, and In the original show on TV.

He was. eek! The language! It burns! laughing out loud Vinny seriously... go back to the OTF. It's where you are needed and appreciated.smile

I post in many other forums then the OTF Love. wink

Dan-El
Suck my nuts buddy, research all you want because I still remember VIVIDLY that Mysterio Was the first Villain to find out Parkers true identity. I remember it clearly like it was yesterday, and if You ever try to pull that shit on me again and try to Flame the Flame Master, I'll put you in your god damn place.

It Happened in the comic Books, and In the original show on TV.

Now look, I have the first 150+ issues sitting upstairs. I could care less of what you "remember" oh so "vividly". You've got it all ****ed up. That old school cartoon, maybe Mysterio did, but that holds no weight at all upon the canon of the comics.

Maybe if you could give me an actual issue number, rather than using your convoluted memory (due to massive cranial injury and bong residue), I would concede the point. However, you have yet to produce one iota of evidence to suggest this, rather than your own recollection. So please, find me some viable evidence to suggest that Mysterio uncovered Spidey's identity in the EARLY (not "original", my friend) comics, and then come back and present it. Till then, go back to the other boards.

So if you're the "Flame Master", does that make you a flamer? eek!

Vinny Valentine
Now look, I have the first 150+ issues sitting upstairs. I could care less of what you "remember" oh so "vividly". You've got it all ****ed up. That old school cartoon, maybe Mysterio did, but that holds no weight at all upon the canon of the comics.

Maybe if you could give me an actual issue number, rather than using your convoluted memory (due to massive cranial injury and bong residue), I would concede the point. However, you have yet to produce one iota of evidence to suggest this, rather than your own recollection. So please, find me some viable evidence to suggest that Mysterio uncovered Spidey's identity in the EARLY (not "original", my friend) comics, and then come back and present it. Till then, go back to the other boards.

So if you're the "Flame Master", does that make you a flamer? eek!

Possibly.

And yes, I will go look for the proof, I'll check around and get back to you when I find it.

Alright?

Dan-El
Possibly.

And yes, I will go look for the proof, I'll check around and get back to you when I find it.

Alright?

Sounds good to me. If I'm wrong, so be it. I'm man enough to admit when I have made incorrect statements. I think I may flip through my back issues to see what the hell you're talking about.

Hee hee hee, Mysterio following Spidey home... hiding behind a tree, giggling maniacally... Pete rolling his eyes, "****ing Beck..." he repeats to himself... lol

Vinny Valentine
Sounds good to me. If I'm wrong, so be it. I'm man enough to admit when I have made incorrect statements. I think I may flip through my back issues to see what the hell you're talking about.

Hee hee hee, Mysterio following Spidey home... hiding behind a tree, giggling maniacally... Pete rolling his eyes, "****ing Beck..." he repeats to himself... lol

laughing out loud I can just imagine it happening...

Vinny Valentine
After Reviewing some information, I have discovered that Mysterio was the first to find out his identity in the Fox Kids Show "Spiderman" but for the comic books he was the third or fourth to find it.

hmm

I stand somewhat corrected.

Doesn't matter, he'd still be a cool villian, and Is still think Beck will play him.

Dan-El
After Reviewing some information, I have discovered that Mysterio was the first to find out his identity in the Fox Kids Show "Spiderman" but for the comic books he was the third or fourth to find it.

hmm

I stand somewhat corrected.

Are you absolutely positive? I remember no such thing in the 90s cartoon... And I'm still not totally convinced that Spidey was revealed in the comics either...

From memory only (and we know how bad that can be), Spidey's first unmaskings were by:

Doc Ock (Unmasked, but identity wasn't in jeopardy, then revealed, only to have it retconned)
Green Goblin I & II
The Jackal
The Scorpion/Venom III (recently)
Venom I, of course

That can't be all of the villains... Just tell me the issue that Quentin/Maguire/Berkhart unmasked him.

SpyCspider

... Shit.

http://static.flickr.com/49/190390327_9747490491.jpg

damn that was pretty harsh.... laughing

SpyCspider
i have watched every episode of Spider-man 90s Animated Series on Fox Kids...and Mysterio NEVER found out Spider-man's identity. The last episode in which Beck dies is "The Haunting of Mary Jane"...

OK, there WAS that Insidious Six episode where they unmasked Parker, but he convinced all of them it wasn't him....that he only bought a "cheap halloween" costume to fool them so he can rescue Aunt May. In the end, none of them believed Spidey was Parker.

Vinny Valentine
Are you absolutely positive? I remember no such thing in the 90s cartoon... And I'm still not totally convinced that Spidey was revealed in the comics either...

From memory only (and we know how bad that can be), Spidey's first unmaskings were by:

Doc Ock (Unmasked, but identity wasn't in jeopardy, then revealed, only to have it retconned)
Green Goblin I & II
The Jackal
The Scorpion/Venom III (recently)
Venom I, of course

That can't be all of the villains... Just tell me the issue that Quentin/Maguire/Berkhart unmasked him.

I heard it was in the comics, I could find you the show episode but I'm not positive about the comic issue. I asked a few people I knew too, and they said they heard the same thing.

And, the Spiderman On Fox kids was around 1998-1999.

EDIT: ^ For the above guy, Thats what happened when Beck discovered him, Or so I was told. Or something like that happened, but no one beleived Mysterio.

SpyCspider
mmm, no...they all were there to see Parker's face when Doc Ock took it off of his mask, after they were rampaging around the "jungle hologram" that Mysterio used.

So Doc Ock, Rhino, Shocker, Scorpion, Chameleon, Mysterio, Kingpin, and Silvermane were all there to witness Parker underneath the Spider-man costume...at the SAME TIME.

Spideys Sister
I heard it was in the comics, I could find you the show episode but I'm not positive about the comic issue. I asked a few people I knew too, and they said they heard the same thing.

EDIT: ^ For the above guy, Thats what happened when Beck discovered him, Or so I was told. Or something like that happened, but no one beleived Mysterio. See Vinny, that's what you HEARD. Not what you acctually saw. There IS a differance.

Vinny Valentine
See Vinny, that's what you HEARD. Not what you acctually saw. There IS a differance.

Comics Wise.

Its not exactly like I 100% Care about who saw Spidermans face now that they ****ed it up in the movie, but.

I Still am telling you.

Bruce will play Mysterio.

doctorstrongbad
Can you confirm this? It would be cool if it was true. I know he will be in part three, since he was in 1 and 2.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad

Can you confirm this? It would be cool if it was true. I know he will be in part three, since he was in 1 and 2.

Check it on IMDB.

Its Rumored.

Skeets
I was gonna actually go and read all of mysterio's apperances to see if this was true...laughing out loud
Well Vinny did say that Mysterio knows spidey's identity which is true as of civil war #2.....roll eyes (sarcastic)

xmarksthespot

... Shit. laughing out loud

Ouch.

Somewhat corrected. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Dan-El
Alright, I see what he's saying about the cartoon, but none of them thought that Parker was actually Spider-Man since his powers were going all screwy and disappearing for periods of time.

Never happened in the comics though.

Vinny Valentine
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
laughing out loud

Ouch.

Somewhat corrected. roll eyes (sarcastic)

roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spideys Sister
Check it on IMDB.

Its Rumored. Jezus man.. you just keep setting this up for yourself. What you HEARD. That it's RUMORED. Until it comes out of Raimis face it's not true. Until it's on the official website... IT'S NOT TRUE!

Besides... if they were in the game they're not going to be in the movie. That's why Shocker Rhino and Black Cat are Xed out. I'm not saying (for like the 50th time) that Bruce is not going to be in the movie... I'm saying he's not going to play Mysterio.

Vinny Valentine
Jezus man.. you just keep setting this up for yourself. What you HEARD. That it's RUMORED. Until it comes out of Raimis face it's not true. Until it's on the official website... IT'S NOT TRUE!

Besides... if they were in the game they're not going to be in the movie. That's why Shocker Rhino and Black Cat are Xed out. I'm not saying (for like the 50th time) that Bruce is not going to be in the movie... I'm saying he's not going to play Mysterio.

I Still HEARD]/b] it you stupid Twit. Why are you being such a *****?

Jesus, most things that get rumored become true, If hes no in S3, I'm sure he's going to be in S4.

xmarksthespot
roll eyes (sarcastic) roll eyes (sarcastic)

Spideys Sister
I Still HEARD]/b] it you stupid Twit. Why are you being such a *****?

Jesus, most things that get rumored become true, If hes no in S3, I'm sure he's going to be in S4. Easy with the language and the insults. Note: I didn't insult you or curse at you. I am simply showing the relavance that Mysterio is most likely not going to be in SM3. No need to get violent with the words...

Vinny Valentine
Easy with the language and the insults. Note: I didn't insult you or curse at you. I am simply showing the relavance that Mysterio is most likely not going to be in SM3. No need to get violent with the words...

You didn't Say Most Likely and you didn't Say SM3.

"I'm saying he's not going to play Mysterio."

I Said hes going to play him most likely in SM3 near the endleading itno SM4 and or SM4.

Dan-El
I'm all for him as Beck right now, but it's too soon to have Mysterio.

Silverstein
well in the movies so far its been like 4 years. and those four years spidey has only encountered 2 tough (super)villains. He has like about 3-4 villains to deal with in SP3, that is weird, like a sudden uprising of villains

H. S. 6

EDIT: ^ For the above guy, Thats what happened when Beck discovered him, Or so I was told. Or something like that happened, but no one beleived Mysterio.

Just remember to never base your "facts" on anything other than the comics. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up.

I don't remember Mysterio following Peter home, but then again, I haven't seen that show in years. stick out tongue

Vinny Valentine
Just remember to never base your "facts" on anything other than the comics. Otherwise, you're just setting yourself up.

I don't remember Mysterio following Peter home, but then again, I haven't seen that show in years. stick out tongue

Why, wasn't the show made by Stan lee Also?

H. S. 6
Why, wasn't the show made by Stan lee Also?

That has nothing to do with it, though.

See, in regards to comics, there is "canon" material, such as most of the comics you read, and there is the other material, which may be based on a common idea (such as Spider-Man), but it does not affect the comics in any way. The cartoon that you're talking about is not canon material; therefore, you can't rely on it to be the same as the comics.

It's kind of complicated. Think of the cartoon as an alternate reality of sorts, that has no bearing on the comics. smile

Dan-El
Exactly

bob4444
I dont even think there should even be a spiderman 4,
cuz tobey mcguire says he wont be in it!

NoFate007
He's not the only person that would be able to play Spider-Man though.

Silverstein
yeah, there are plenty of great actors that could play peter parker. You dont even hafto have a massive search like they did to find Brandon Routh Superman?

Spideys Sister
You didn't Say Most Likely and you didn't Say SM3.

"I'm saying he's not going to play Mysterio."

I Said hes going to play him most likely in SM3 near the endleading itno SM4 and or SM4. Oh-kay your confusing the line I'm trying to get in here...

quote me on this if you must...:

"It is basicly confirmed that Mysterio will not be in SM3. (Raimi is not that much of an idiot to put him in the movie right after he made such a sad introduction in the game....) I am NOT saying that Bruce Campbell will not be in the movie as Beck of another character. I am NOT saying he will not play Mysterio in SM4... I'm not even sure if there is going to be a SM4 but high hopes anyway. --SS"

I don't remember Mysterio following Peter home, but then again, I haven't seen that show in years. stick out tongue They just finnally cancelled it and the reruns off Jetix. Mysterio never followed Peter home. The only one to go to Pete's house was Doc O. Other than that nope.

H. S. 6
Now I can remember Doc going to his house.

Didn't Aunt May think he was a nice gentleman, or something like that? stick out tongue

Dan-El
Yeah, the "Insidious Six" arc, during the Neogenic Nightmare

bigbran
Originally posted by FG725
yeah sorry Vinny it was a big deal back then but now it's like who hasn't found out who spidey is. I think Carnage might know as well not sure though. pretty sure carnage wouldnt carre who spides is!!! big grin

Vinny Valentine
Carnage was the best Villian of all time.

Dan-El
Carnage is overrated, in my opinion. Good character if handled properly, but a bit overrated

Sparkz

Didn't Aunt May think he was a nice gentleman, or something like that? stick out tongue

Heh she let him stay in her spare room and almost married him in the comics.

Mr Parker
Quentin Beck may be in the movie.But Mysterio is not going to be in the movie dude.

cain marko
Originally posted by roughrider
laughing

He's already had cameo roles ( as two different characters) in Spider Man 1 & 2. He'll just cameo as someone different again, is all.
We're stuffed with villains already in this film - Sandman, Venom and Green Goblin II.

venom isn't casted anymore according to imdb

Silverstein
imdb is crap, they casted the actress of Aunt May as Carnage one time. Sony asked imdb to take the Venom casting off, and leave it simply as Eddie Brock. AND before, Topher was casted as simply just Venom, the person who posted than on the site, clearly does not know that Venom is Eddie Brock. if he knew he wouldve typed in, Eddie Brock/Venom, just like how Peter Parker - -> Peter Parker/Spider-Man

Spideys Sister

Didn't Aunt May think he was a nice gentleman, or something like that? stick out tongue Yup. laughing out loud He was so "concerned" with Peter and May's feelings... roll eyes (sarcastic)Originally posted by Vinny Valentine
Carnage was the best Villian of all time. Was until Bendis gave him the Ultimate Treatment.Originally posted by Mr Parker
Quentin Beck may be in the movie.But Mysterio is not going to be in the movie dude. Nuff said.

H. S. 6
Carnage is overrated, in my opinion. Good character if handled properly, but a bit overrated

He's cool, I suppose, but I have to admit I loved when Sentry ripped him in half. droolio

xmarksthespot
Guests of toy maker Hasbro caught a humorous glimpse at an upcoming series of Video Blogs slated to start running in the coming weeks on the official Spider-Man 3 movie website. At a party celebrating the new Hasbro/Marvel relationship, guests were treated to a brief Spider-Man V-Blog hosted by Bruce Campbell. The Blog consisted of Campbell putting forth the argument that his 'cameos' in the first two "Spider-Man" films were much bigger roles than fans give him credit for. After all, in the first film, he named Spider-Man.

"Let's face it, if it weren't for me, this franchise would be called the Human Spider," he said. The video cut to Campbell's scene as the wrestling announcer who shuns Peter Parker's wishes to be called the Human Spider in favor of 'The Amazing Spider-Man!'"

In the second movie, Campbell contests he defeated Spider-Man. The scene is shown where Campbell, as a snippy theater employee, denies a late Peter entrance into Mary Jane's play.

"In the third one, I... you think I'm going to tell you?!" said Campbell. Several quick set shots followed with Campbell clearly playing a restaurant maitre'd.

Dan-El
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
"Let's face it, if it weren't for me, this franchise would be called the Human Spider," he said.

Don't let Mr. Parker or Bakerboy see that! lol

stickman618
while it all sounds plausible......

i want to know how you know all this?

i'm sure comic-con doesn't reveal this much

spencerspider
stick, ill pm u what we know so far ok?

Darth Jello
Didn't Toby Maguire say the fourth villain was Spider-man?
also, if they have such a problem with the cast signing up for sequals, why not just do what the comics do when Spidey isn't available? Call up Affleck and tell him to get back in the red leather suit.

Krone
who would play spidey if Tobey left?!? I think you would have to get someone like Maguires build some onelike Frodo! or what ever his name is in real life

symbiosis
Yeah he would be a pretty good Parker

Silverstein
Originally posted by symbiosis
Yeah he would be a pretty good Parker

hahah, Get that guy that played Sam in lotrs, to be Eddie Brock. stick out tongue

whats his name, Frodo's actor as Parker, i dont know who else would fit the peter parker role... confused

Krone
Frodo was Elijah Wood me thinks (sp?)

doctorstrongbad
How many bad guys are going to be in part three? So far I have heard ...

1. Sandman 2. Venom 3. Mysterio 4. Green goblin/ Hobgoblin

spencerspider
mysterio wont fight the 4th is spiderman himself

doctorstrongbad
mysterio wont fight the 4th is spiderman himself

Spider-man is going to be a bad guy?

spencerspider
the black one.

doctorstrongbad
When he is in the black suit he is going to be evil? I guess that makes sense.

Ghetto Goblin
i just realized this, how the heck is what's-his-name (the guy that's going to play brock) be venom. he's scrawny, the symbiote will give him muscle, but venom is pretty big. this guy is smaller than tobey m.

he better take steroids twice every 10 minutes before he turns to venom, it'll work out somehow, i just don't want him to triple in size. wtf.

spencerspider
well looking at both previews...he is alot bigger than on That 70s Show. He looks pretty big so he wont triple, maybe he will...hm maybe he will grow like 75%

Ghetto Goblin
i saw some on set shots at one of the sites mentioned here, or one i found, even with a jacket he looked small.

Ghetto Goblin
possible spoilers

http://www.popoholic.com/bigimages/spider-man-3-set-pictures-06.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/s3-setpic9b.jpg

http://tophergracefan.com/pictures/misc/smset/sm58.jpg

end

then again, he might work, i just don't want venom to be the same size as Spidey.

Ghetto Goblin
these pictures were showing, but then they stopped showing, if you don't see them just right click and go to properties, the website is there.

http://www.popoholic.com/bigimages/spider-man-3-set-pictures-06.jpg

http://www.joblo.com/newsimages1/s3-setpic9b.jpg

http://tophergracefan.com/pictures/pages/candidsspidermanset.html

Ghetto Goblin
i would've put all of these in one post, but i can't edit them after 15 min.

this may be known, but it's new to me

SPOILER:

I have some pictures on the set of spiderman three and it has uncle ben, the robber that killed him, and sand man. sand man is pretty much grabbing uncle ben like he's threatening him while the robber watches. so maybe there will be a flashback to this moment where either sandman killed uncle ben or the robber did, and they fled.

i'm thinking maybe the robber shot through the sandman. maybe not though. however, this being a flashback, maybe sandman feels guilty and either joins with spiderman and GG2 to beat venom or something. i'll post the pictures later.

doctorstrongbad
I'm looking forward to seeing part three. I have only heard good things so far.

Dan-El
The whole thing with Sandman killing Uncle Ben might just be a false realization planted into Pete's head after he bonds with the suit. I mean, in USM, Spidey was influenced by the suit, believing a simple thug was the man who killed Ben, and he nearly killed that thug.

This might be the same thing.

doctorstrongbad
The whole thing with Sandman killing Uncle Ben might just be a false realization planted into Pete's head after he bonds with the suit. I mean, in USM, Spidey was influenced by the suit, believing a simple thug was the man who killed Ben, and he nearly killed that thug.

This might be the same thing.

That does make a lot of sense. I would hate for sandman to be uncle's ben killer.

Blind
Originally posted by Darth Jello
Didn't Toby Maguire say the fourth villain was Spider-man?
also, if they have such a problem with the cast signing up for sequals, why not just do what the comics do when Spidey isn't available? Call up Affleck and tell him to get back in the red leather suit.

Yeah, but Affleck made a statement saying something about how wearing a costumed damaged his career too much.

HA! and all this time I thought it was Gigli...

Dan-El
Originally posted by doctorstrongbad
That does make a lot of sense. I would hate for sandman to be uncle's ben killer.
lol, After the new trailer, I think I'm wrong!

Personally, I think he was a great pick for DD. They just needed to work on the script. It would kick so much ass to see Spidey and Daredevil team-up in a live-action format...

doctorstrongbad
I liked the movie, but I'm not a big fan on Ben. I liked the parts when he was in the costume the best.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.