Role Playing Advertising!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Ushgarak
This is a non-sticky version of what I just put up in the Welcome area, so any possibly interested regulars can know as well.

-

The Star Wars role-playing area at these boards is currently looking for new members to start playing. Two new stories are starting soon and people would be appreciated for both.

For almost 18 months the RP area here has successfully created interactive stories set in the Star Wars universe and is still one of the most active areas of the entire forum. If you join in you can be a part of these great stories that we have created together!

The RP area here is a little different to the sort of thing you may have seen in other forums so it is recommended you take a look at the area first to see if you like the way it works. However, we are all very friendly people who very much welcome new blood! No previous knowledge of the storylines is needed and the other players should make you feel comfortable indeed very quickly.

A certain amount of commitment is required- not a VAST amount though; a few posts a week is good enough and plenty of leeway can be allowed for those who can't be on-line, even for extended periods.

If you are interested in playing, please PM me, for my, game, Rex, for this, or Gundark, if you are just interested in general and want the gentle female touch to help you get into it all...

yerssot
count me in wink

mah
you're the gentle female touch? (_/=^_^=\\_)

Ushgarak
An emergency assurance for all people that Gundark is the gentle female touch and not yerssot!

yerssot
*smacks mah*
stop those smilies!

How wude!

Ushgarak
Ok, do you want to be known as the gentle male touch? It's been quite unisex at the RP forum so maybe you'll get lots of girls asking after you then.

Hmm, is that the sound of yerss losing interest?

yerssot
that or a plane crashing down...
disregard my previous post

Captain REX
And Yerssot has crammed himself in a box... eek!

You've got that right. roll eyes (sarcastic)

yerssot
much better organised, yes

finti
hmmm

yerssot
no, really!
it's a good rp, or wasn't that respond aimed at me?

Bespin Bart
Rex had a bad experience with RP players at the Star Wars Unleashed forums. He advertised a RP game with the same rules as Ush's and the like, but a different plot, and they told him to take a hike. One guy asked a fellow member if they should bash Rexxy the way they bash other RPG-advertisers. Another said that their four "trained" Jedi Knight RP-ers and two "trained" Sith Lord RP-ers were away, and that they were the only ones that could use Lightsabers in the RPG. Then they started bashing Rex and Rex wrote a few paragraphs that told them why their board was a load of shit, and then he left.

It was very unorganized to, and everyone was playing wimpy Imperial officials and that sorta crap. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Captain REX
Hell, I cussed em out! mad mad mad

Ushgarak
Nothing NECESSARILY wrong with playing Imperial Officers but I think that sort of thing is far better suited to the more sedate and in-depth pace of a tabletop RP than the more action orientated thing you want on-line. Too many gunfights with standard people and it beggars belief why they are all still alive; Jedi work far better in that regard.

As for the lack of organisation that is known elsewhere... well, yes indeed. You really need to be a stubborn bastard to run more organised games like these ones, and it's not to everyone's taste. As it is, the organised style has done rather well here.

Captain REX
Yes, I like it far more. It's easier to play and doesn't require all this crap to become a Jedi Knight in a game.

Ushgarak
Also, there is a player limit, at some point, on more organised games; free-for-all games can handle infinite amounts.

I am glad you like it. I could always run a game where you have to go through all that Padawan stuff before you get your hands on a sabre but I am pretty sure it's not what you came here for.

yerssot
why not make a nonplayable padawan?

Ushgarak
There are loads. Later in the game players might end up teaching some.

yerssot
those who survive?

Bespin Bart
I'm thinkin of having Xeth return to the Order after Revenge, and maybe he'll pick up a Padawan. I did consider having him as a Solitaire, but I'm not sure what I chose now.

Ushgarak
Solitaires tend to be a bit mysterious and wise, QGJ style. It is actually very hard to play a Master, attractive though it seems.

Bespin Bart
That's why Gundy has the part. cool

In the next game I'll have my starfighter and my astromech droid right?

Ushgarak
All players are fully resourced next game.

Bespin Bart
Gnarly. cool

Bespin Bart
Rex asks if he'll have the Raging Reek too.

yerssot
actually, qgj was a bit of a renegade, and he still got a padawan...

Bespin Bart
He didn't leave the Order though. Xeth did and was hired by the Prime Minister of Taloraan to investigate and was entangled with the Jedi and has decided he'll return. big grin

Ushgarak
I don;t think the Order treat you as having left totally, Xeth. Not like Dooku did.

Bespin Bart
Yeah, more on the edge, almost across the line.

Captain REX
Unlike me. evil face

yerssot
and I'll stay here to push him back big grin

Captain REX
Confusing your words are...

yerssot
that's K's job...

Bespin Bart
You'll notice that me and Rex say "So?" alot. stick out tongue

yerssot
because you can't write long words?

Tex
I love role playing!!!!
I'll be the doctor and Gundy can be the naughty nurse!

Gundark
Excuse me ? That is TOTALLY UNACCEPTABLE.

Tex, you've obviously forgotten to take your medication.

This does NOT help RPG and will ask you to cease and desist at once.

Tex
Yes I've forgotten to take my medication!
Punish me! cool

phinney6
ok ill get the video camera

Tex
I bet you would! stick out tongue

Gundark
I will not have poor Ush's thread abused in this manner.

*gets out clown gun*

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.