Pirates at the BOX Office

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Dave42386
So im not sure if this is posted but isnt just sweet how POTC killed all the records this weekend. Destoryed Episodes 3 one day which was sweet and then it totally blew Spidermans little 3 day openeing weekend right out of the water. Man isnt it sweet.

Gauze
It broke all previous records in both the United States, and Australia. o.o;

jessigem
yes it's totally sweet....IT KILLED SUPERMAN!!!YAAAAAAAAY!!!!
but it was expected since they had a commercial 5 hours before the movie opened that said "TONIGHT...AT 12:01...THE WAIT....IS OVER!!"
it was cuhrazy big grin

CaptnCaribbean
Yeah it killed 'em. They have 135 mil right now.

jessigem
wOAh blink they expected at least 100 mil on opening night...i think they got it!!

Gauze
They got 134 million in the first few days, actually. They'd have a lot more by now. =/

jessigem
yay big grin

Dave42386
the true test now is to see if POTC 3 can pass it becuase MAY 2007 will be the blockbuster month with Spiderman 3, Shrek 3 and POTC 3 all coming out the same month. and just for those who dont know Shrek 2 is number 3 all time in movies so it will be intersting to see who comes out the big winner in 2007

jessigem
that's cuz Shrek 2 is such a good movie!! i can't wait to see Shrek3. and of course i can't wait for POTC3. but i'll pass on spiderman until it comes out on rental. it looks a little dark....
anyways, i think shrek3 might win because POTC kinda threw off it's youngest fans with this latest movie....and ppl of all ages want to go see shrek.erm

danny_v
i agree, shrek is a much more "whole family" oriented movie whereas POTC has become a little more dark. but i think its still awesome!! big grin

jessigem
shrek is fun for the whole family.
POTC is fun for us. big grin

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.