New Gods VS. The Avengers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Adam Warlock
Who takes this?

New Gods:

Orion
Kalibak
Mister Miracle(Scott)
Lightray
Big Barda

VS.

The Avengers:

Sentry
Thor
Iron Man(Current)
Quasar
She-Hulk(Version that battled the Champion)

Both sides have 5 minutes of prep.

Both sides have no clue who their opponents are, or their specific power sets.

Debate.

Debate.

joesha28
I see adv tilting to the new gods.

K3VIL
You really hate the NA don't u?
They are screwed.

Adam Warlock
I think Sentry and Thor could take Orion and Kalibak.

Lightray is a powerful, but Quasar could take him. shifty

Mister Miracle was the mystery to me. I didn't know his power set and who I'd stick against him. I stuck Iron Man in their to gauge his power set. Extremis Iron Man doesn't have a shot a beating him? Even with access to other armors he used against Super Adaptoid? Scott Free is that powerful?

The last one I probably messed up. Big Barda has that cosmic rod thing I forgot about. Plus she's nearly as strong as Wonder Woman. She-Hulk will probably get owned.

It looks even to me. Thor or Sentry could take Kalibak quick. I mean, he is the Rhino of the New gods. Then both could double up on Barda or Orion. Scott Free will have his hands full with battling all of Tony's armors at once. Quasar will handle Lightray. shifty And She-Hulk will probably get thrashed.

Superherovandal
Quasar can't really handle lightray he couldn't trap him. all he needs is his motherbox and he can escape.

Adam Warlock
What are Lightray's powers. With a name like that I'm gonna assume it's light but on an immense scale. Quasar will have no problem tracking him due to his ability to track almost any type of energy signature. His Q-Bands can also adapt to different energy signatures and then absorb them or at least affect them. Any kind of energy attack thrown at Quasar will be thrown right back.

Juntai
Scott Free is kinda bogus to put into a battle.
The reply will always be "He escapes that", because that's his power.

Thor banished him to another dimension.
"He escapes and punches Thor with a good one two, he's blindsided by Sentry who tries to throw him into the sun . .. but he escapes that,and Sentry flies himself into the sun."
etc.

Adam Warlock
Is Scott Free indestructible?

I know he's the god of escape, but what is his power set? Is he strong? Fast? How's his stamina? Etc... I have no idea what his powers are other than escaping.

Juntai
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Is Scott Free indestructible?

I know he's the god of escape, but what is his power set? Is he strong? Fast? How's his stamina? Etc... I have no idea what his powers are other than escaping. Yes, for all intensive purposes he is indesctructible.. He'll simply escape whatever might destroy him. He's been dropped into Black Holes, hit with Omega Beams, nothing really stops him. Beyond that he seems no different than most other New Gods, high end strength, stamina, speed, carries a motherbox, and some other tech too.. That's from what I've noticed..but I'm not a huge Scott Free fan.

Arahan
What are the Omega beams?

joesha28
They are Darkseid's most badass attack. But what's the truth abt them.

rotiart
The Omega beams are comprised of all the sugar used in one box of captain Crunch. It rots you to death with its sugary goodness.

joesha28
Oh boy! Now that's really dangerous!

Adam Warlock
Omega Beams/Effect > Heat Vision

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v345/sifu1/omegaeffect.jpg

xmarksthespot
You probably meant to have the > sign the other way considering what you want to imply with the scan.

IIRC Superman is protected by the Source or some other PIS reason behind that instance.

joesha28
Superman is always protected, whether it is by the source,motherboard or even DC! I wonder if he is able to father a child if he's always on protection confused

K3VIL
Originally posted by Adam Warlock
Who takes this?

New Gods:

Orion
Kalibak
Mister Miracle(Scott)
Lightray
Big Barda

VS.

The Avengers:

Sentry
Thor
Iron Man(Current)
Quasar
She-Hulk(Version that battled the Champion)

Wait, I tought they were the New Avengers and stopped reading at Sentry.
The fight will be anyway a Thor, Quasar and Sentry VS Orion, Lightray, MM and Barda.
Kalibak is ground limited, and Thor has beaten foes more brutal and vicious than him, the real battle will be Thor VS Orion, while Quasar will drain Lightray of all his energy and Sentry will deal with Big Barda, who's inferior in strength and durability so it means she'll loose in the end, even with the mega rod.

Juntai
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
You probably meant to have the > sign the other way considering what you want to imply with the scan.

IIRC Superman is protected by the Source or some other PIS reason behind that instance. True, but there's also the fact that in the next scan that beam turns and hits Superman anyways and drops him. And Darkseid kicked his ass like 3 times in that series.

K3VIL
Originally posted by Juntai
True, but there's also the fact that in the next scan that beam turns and hits Superman anyways and drops him. And Darkseid kicked his ass like 3 times in that series.
I've bought those issues today, Darkseid really rocks, people understimate him but he's someone any hero shouldn't mess with alone.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.