CIVIL WAR......WHO's SIDE ARE YOU ON?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

NINJ4_BL4D3
PICK A SIDE
Ok Guys I wanna know whos side your gonna take in Marvels "CIVIL WAR"

Either the Rebels = Fightin the new registration

or

The Enforcers = Helping the registration

or

Just you jus don't know

NINJ4_BL4D3
WOOPS ALMOST FORGOT whistle

If you dont know what civil war is then heres the jist of it:

The series centers around a newly enacted Super-human Registration Act, which, when passed into law, would require all persons in the United States with superhuman abilities who wish to use those abilities to fight crime to register with the federal government and receive proper training as law enforcement officials. Such persons would not only be subject to U.S. law (including the prohibition of minors from participating in such activities), but would, according to the law, reap the full benefits of civil servants, including pensions, and so forth. Because the forced registration of persons would spark a civil liberties controversy, the Act splits notable superheroes within the Marvel Universe, resulting in two super-powered factions forming, one advocating registration as the responsible obligation of the super-powered living in society, and the other opposed to the law on the grounds that it violates civil rights and that it would turn all superhumans into agents of the government. This conflict builds into the titular Civil War, into which themes from current events will be woven.

yes That was long eek!
and the next part: WARNING PLOT SPOILER

The story opens with a reckless fight between the New Warriors, filming a reality television show, and a cadre of villains in Stamford, Connecticut. The battle goes awry for the heroes, resulting in villain Nitro creating an explosion that destroys a local school and the surrounding neighborhood, and kills all but one of the Warriors. This event catalyzes a government movement to register all super-powered beings as living weapons of mass destruction. The event also turns public opinion against superheroes, as many of them are blamed for the incident. Due to this, many superheroes -- most notably Johnny Storm, the Human Torch -- are attacked in public by angry civilians. Meanwhile, S.H.I.E.L.D. tries to recruit Captain America to become part of the team that will force superheroes to register. Cap refuses, and after being attacked by S.H.I.E.L.D. agents for non-compliance, goes underground to become the figurehead of the anti-registration movement. Iron Man, on the other hand, supports the act and tells the government to leave Captain America to him and the other pro-registration heroes.

The act is soon passed, and a day later Captain America and the Falcon, of Captain America's underground resistance, rescue the Young Avengers from a S.H.I.E.L.D. prison convoy. They bring the teen superheroes to a secret facility that Nick Fury has allowed them to use. Meanwhile, Peter Parker, after deliberating with his wife, Mary Jane Watson, and Aunt May, unmasks himself to an audience of the world press, showing his full support for the registration act. This action causes J. Jonah Jameson to faint, as the thorn in his side for so many years was right under his nose. Norman Osborn, in prison, remarks that Peter broke a deal they had. Meanwhile, Wolverine is hunting down Nitro and the Thunderbolts are recruiting villains to the cause of registered superheroes. eek!

Metalmanx
Honestly, it's really hard to choose any side to vote for. And really, I think that's the beauty of this Civil War. You don't want either side to lose, you just want everything to work out for both parties.

And then, of course, Spidey is stuck right in the middle. Poor Peter.

Juntai
Wait until Thor joins his Captain.
big grin

willRules
Originally posted by Juntai
Wait until Thor joins his Captain.
big grin

Yeah, IMO everything is a bit one sided and the anti-registration folks look like the generally weaker side at the mo, but I bet Thor will change that yes

Juntai
Well Thor holds Captain America in the HIGHEST regards. He'd follow Cap anywhere for any reason, because he knows Cap is doing right. That's the way he's always been portrayed anyways. It's also always been portrayed that you don't mess with Thor's captain.

nimbus006
I dont get it cuz i know that Strange said he was against it as did Black Bolt, but its almost like they are just not taking part in it. Kind of like neutral in the whole situation. If that is the case then yea the anti registration side seems to be a bit under manned then the pro side. Anyway I am undecided in the matter.

IronKnight101
Originally posted by nimbus006
I dont get it cuz i know that Strange said he was against it as did Black Bolt, but its almost like they are just not taking part in it. Kind of like neutral in the whole situation. If that is the case then yea the anti registration side seems to be a bit under manned then the pro side. Anyway I am undecided in the matter.

I am also undecided on who to support because I have to see more things play out first.

marvelprince
Originally posted by nimbus006

Well currently Black Bolt has declared war on America, that may play out later and as for Strange its been said that we'll see where he stands in upcoming issues

ThePittman
I'm on the winning side.

crucifixio
Im wit Steve.........**** Iron Man

DigiMark007
My moral allegiance is with Cap. My comic allegiance is with Spidey.

Needless to say, CW is of vital interest to me as a comic reader....moreso than most event comics I can think of.

Whittdawg92
I'm for it. as long as I'm not getting ruled, I loved having complete dictator power over others. yay twisted american government!

DigiMark007
Also, this forum is for battles only.

And we alreayd have a thread devtoed to Civil War

http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f95/t398492.html

...general policy is one official thread for 'events' (with limited exceptions). So I'll be closing this. Use the link for further discussion....or get on the CW signature bandwagon a bit later than most. stick out tongue

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.