lan problems

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

thundercracker
I went down to the pc shop today and got 2 network cards fit them both in exactly the same way both have a light on the back that turns on when your lan is active 1 pc is running xp pro and 1 xp home the one with home is fine but my pc with pro wont even recognise the network I will be thankfull for any help you can give as i havent the slightest clue why it wont work

El_NINO
Did you install the drivers for the NIC cards?

thundercracker
yeah but nothin i went into command prompt and cheked for ping it found the other pc but wont establish a connection

eggmayo
I don't know much about WLAN's, but is it possible the ports needed to connect are blocked?

El_NINO
Originally posted by eggmayo
I don't know much about WLAN's, but is it possible the ports needed to connect are blocked?

WTF???

Originally posted by thundercracker
yeah but nothin i went into command prompt and cheked for ping it found the other pc but wont establish a connection

Can you get an IP in the other PC?

Also are they connected to a router? if so then make sure your router is set to Dynamic IP and check to see if both PCs are present in your router.

thundercracker
Originally posted by El_NINO

Can you get an IP in the other PC?

Also are they connected to a router? if so then make sure your router is set to Dynamic IP and check to see if both PCs are present in your router.

they arnt goin through a router at the moment but i can pull my spare 1 out and try that ill give it a shot at home i tried putting them through the router but it diddnt help but diddnt try dynamic ip (because im not sure what it is) so ill give that a shot

thundercracker
well im sorted now my older brother is a tech and hes in town so he'll show me whats wrong

El_NINO
Ok cool, good luck

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.