J. Michael Straczynski

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Black Adam
your thoughts on the writer of AMZ Spider-man,F4, and squadron supreme.

good? bad? what do you enjoy about his writing? what do you hate?

me personally......

supreme power was nice... thats about the only thing I've ever read of his that I've really enjoyed. Amz was good for the first few issues.... then it wasn't sad

Blair Wind
Wasnt he the guy who wrote Rising Stars? I liked that series big grin

grey fox
The only work of his I read is his Spider-man run . I hated it , i hoped he grew impotent when i read it.

'Oooh spidey is magical now'

Bullshit.

Validus
He hasn't impressed me outside of Supreme Power #1-12 which I think are classics. Squadron Supreme has taken a serious dive in quality and Deodato Jr. coming on for the art is probably going to make things worse.

ST0RM SHAD0W
His Supreme Power was great.

His ASM was real good except for Sins past and the Other.

Squadron Supreme is boring right now, I think if it was back the Max it would be better.

The Hulk arc for FF was good and it been pretty good since then.

Black Adam
Originally posted by Validus
He hasn't impressed me outside of Supreme Power #1-12 which I think are classics. Squadron Supreme has taken a serious dive in quality and Deodato Jr. coming on for the art is probably going to make things worse.

Deodato Jr? sick

ScarletSpider
I've liked his Fantastic Four well enough. I read his Spider-Man sparingly, the Other seemed to fizzle out before it got started. The current arc about Civil War is okay. I think he keeps getting side-tracked by all these big stupid events. Sins Past, The Other, Civil War.

It's okay to just tell a Spidey story about him beating up random Villain X, who's enacting nefarious Plot Y, etc.

Good thing we have F'N Spider-Man and Sensational...although they too often get bogged down with the big event shit. But we got a Stegron story! YES! Stegron!

Validus
Originally posted by Black Adam
Deodato Jr? sick
My exact reaction to hearing that news.

Black Adam
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I've liked his Fantastic Four well enough. I read his Spider-Man sparingly, the Other seemed to fizzle out before it got started. The current arc about Civil War is okay. I think he keeps getting side-tracked by all these big stupid events. Sins Past, The Other, Civil War.

It's okay to just tell a Spidey story about him beating up random Villain X, who's enacting nefarious Plot Y, etc.

Good thing we have F'N Spider-Man and Sensational...although they too often get bogged down with the big event shit. But we got a Stegron story! YES! Stegron!

SS is the only person i know that can get excited by a Stegron story stick out tongue

DarkCrawler
Spider-Man was ok...I liked the magical twist...

Wait, did I say it was OK? I mean that it was OK BEFORE that whole Gwen-is-a-whore-who-will-have-sex-with-anything-that-moves-thing and those goddamn stupid clone adult kids. And that's when it hit the fan.

Then there is the Fantastic Four, which is utterly boring compared to Mark Waid's and Wieringo's stuff.

Supreme Power and Squadron Supreme are nice, but just few words...

Deodato Jr.?!??! What the f**k? sick

ScarletSpider
Oh no, you didn't!

Are you kidding me, Stegron's the man. Watch out for an upcoming Stegron respect thread.

Not really, although that would be sweet.

Grimm22
JMS is ruining the FF sad

90% of his work on Spidey is crap (Sins Past, The Other)

Squadren Supreme is ok erm

Overall I just dont like his writing at all no

ST0RM SHAD0W
Originally posted by Grimm22
90% of his work on Spidey is crap (Sins Past, The Other)

Yeah they were bad, but those 2 story lines don't acount for 90% of his work on Spider-Man.

ScarletSpider
Don't you dare bring math into this.

ST0RM SHAD0W
Oh, I dare. evil face

H. S. 6
Well, Sins Past... it sucked. Other... meh.

His work on Spidey is bad, overall, I suppose. erm

Squadron Supreme is boring (I dropped it after the second issue).

I think he has some work to do.

Grimm22
Originally posted by ST0RM SHAD0W
Yeah they were bad, but those 2 story lines don't acount for 90% of his work on Spider-Man.

Yeah but thats what his run is going to be remembered for stick out tongue

marvelprince
I want to forgot Sin's Past ever happened. I thought JMS was a stelar writer until he made Spidey "magicial" and f^cked up the way Gwen Stacy should be remembered. I just wanted to stab him in the jaw with a pretzel when I heard that. Why a pretzel you ask? Cause I was bleeping pissed mad mad mad

Grimm22
Originally posted by marvelprince
I want to forgot Sin's Past ever happened. I thought JMS was a stelar writer until he made Spidey "magicial" and f^cked up the way Gwen Stacy should be remembered. I just wanted to stab him in the jaw with a pretzel when I heard that. Why a pretzel you ask? Cause I was bleeping pissed mad mad mad

Weren't we all stick out tongue

Seriously not just him but Joe Queseda for letting that crap happen miffed

H. S. 6
I actually don't mind the totem-pole Spider-Man idea. Something new, at least.

ScarletSpider
I didn't mind the idea of the spider-totem, having it out there as conjecture was kind of neat, but now that they're trying to hammer it into the character and make him magical, it kind of takes away from Spider-Man, I think.

H. S. 6
Originally posted by ScarletSpider
I didn't mind the idea of the spider-totem, having it out there as conjecture was kind of neat, but now that they're trying to hammer it into the character and make him magical, it kind of takes away from Spider-Man, I think.

I disagree. But to each his own.

NiņoAraņa
heh, i have the last to issues of that Stegron story...opps off topic... confused

ScarletSpider
Yeah. It wasn't that great, it was kind of dragged out, but it featured some cool characters that haven't been seen in awhile.

HellMaster93
Was this the guy who did Book of Ezekiel?

roughrider
I'm a fan. Supreme Power was his best work, and I like his Spider Man.

HellMaster93
I THINK they recently reprinted some of his stuff in astonishing spider-Man... (that's a UK collector's ed) anyone know if that's correct?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.