Oblivion problems... I dont get it :|

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

eggmayo
I'm running a pretty good PC, yet Oblivion STILL lags like a ***** from time to time... sometimes I get a respectable framerate of about 35, and sometimes it drops to about 15, usually when in someones house...

3.3ghZ dual core P4
1024mb DDR
145GB
Geforce 7300GS
Creative Audigy Soundblaster

That's gotta be over the minimum specs, is it something to do with graphics card drivers? :s
I kill MSN and pretty much everything except Fraps and Xfire whenever I go on it, and have to play it in 800x600 windowed with most of the effects turned off..

Rest of the system processes I set to run on Core 0 and I run Oblivion on Core 1

Anyone have a clue why its lagging out so much?

DigiMark007
http://www.neowin.net/forum/lofiversion/index.php/t454420.html

Not sure why you're running so slow (Oblivion's a b*tch, as you know from my rants in the games forum).

But that link might be able to help some, and offers quite a few ways to make your game/cpu run more efficient.

I wouldn't recommend overclocking though. I've heard too many horror stories to ever seriously advocate it.

eggmayo
Unfortunately I've already done most of that... I think its because my graphics card isn't supported, so when I have a job, I'll be upgrading to a 6800 Ultra.

TheOnes2
I have exactly the same problem. And as a result my case is collecting dust until i get it fixed.

BackFire
Might be your video card, simply isn't high end enough to run Oblivion well. The game is a beast and poorly optimized for the PC.

eggmayo
That's being updated as soon as I have a job or think up some stupid scheme to get people to paypal me $5 each...

TheOnes2
What min requirement for a video card does Oblivion need for it to run smoothly?

Mišt
Originally posted by eggmayo
I'm running a pretty good PC, yet Oblivion STILL lags like a ***** from time to time... sometimes I get a respectable framerate of about 35, and sometimes it drops to about 15, usually when in someones house...

3.3ghZ dual core P4
1024mb DDR
145GB
Geforce 7300GS
Creative Audigy Soundblaster

That's gotta be over the minimum specs, is it something to do with graphics card drivers? :s
I kill MSN and pretty much everything except Fraps and Xfire whenever I go on it, and have to play it in 800x600 windowed with most of the effects turned off..

Rest of the system processes I set to run on Core 0 and I run Oblivion on Core 1

Anyone have a clue why its lagging out so much?

Your specs should run it ok blink But kill FRAPS, my game always slows down when I have it open.

Also, what video settings are you running it on? That'll be the most important thing, if you have everything maxed out then yeah, it wont run as smooth. The graphics card is 7300GS, so its AGP and should be high enough to run it ok. You said you'll upgrade to a 6800? Dont do that, stay in the 7000 range, I'd probably recommend a 7600GS if anything.

DigiMark007
Oblivion's just a graphics whore. I'm half expecting my new card to lag like hell too. erm

...it's obviously an RPG fan's orgasm, but the graphical stupidity is unfortunate.

Mišt
Yeah, if you were a die hard fan, it would probably be better to buy a 360 and not have any lag, but then you miss out on the mods and everything....

DigiMark007
Yeah, I prefer the inconvenient yet enriching PC experience...and I'll make it run one way or another eventually damnit!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.