Mai-Hime vs Mai-Otome

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sai1
Which was better?

Personally I go with Mai-Hime. I think it had a much better story and better characters. Someone had said that Mai-Otome had more action. I wasn't actually counting the number of action scenes so I don't know if that's true or not but I say Mai-Hime definately had better action scenes. In Mai-Hime everyone had fairly unique abilities. In Mai-Otome, with the exception of a few, all the Otome (or aspiring otome) pretty much do the same thing. Also there was only one Child and it was only called on twice. Mai-Otome got a little more interesting towards the end but if it weren't for the borrowed character designs, I don't think I would have watched it all.

And those Otome costumes were absolutely horrid. smile

NINJ4_BL4D3
HiME = also known as Valkyries and Ikusahimes, is a name that stands for "Highly Advanced Materializing Equipment" and refers to women with the ability to materialize solid objects from photons. HiME can be identified by an identical birthmark they all possess somewhere on their body. In addition, only HiME can see a special red star (Hime-boshi) in the sky near the Moon. HiME is a backronym of Hime, which is Japanese for princess.

Otome = is an alternate universe to My-HiME (舞-HiME). My-Otome uses characters from My-HiME, but changes their roles and backgrounds to suit the new storyline. The series was originally announced under the working title "舞☆MAiD" ("Mai Star Maid"wink. As with My-HiME, the title is a quirky mix of English/Japanese wordplay, intentionally using an irregular romanization of 舞 (mai) as "My", and 乙HiME also stands for 乙-Type HIghly Advance Materializing Equipment.
The anime is a mixture of the magical girl and maid genres. The plot of the anime is centered around a training school for Otome, who are young girls trained for combat for the protection of royals and politicians, called Garderobe in the Windbloom Kingdom.

Thats for anybody that dosnt know!

And Mai-Hime Sounds Better!!

eek! big grin eek!

GODOFALL1
Uhhhhhhhh..........lol..........Dude.......check out Vampire Hunter D, that's is like light years beyond those two. smile

Sai1
Originally posted by GODOFALL1
Uhhhhhhhh..........lol..........Dude.......check out Vampire Hunter D, that's is like light years beyond those two. smile

I don't know what you mean by that. Vampire Hunter D is way older. And either way it has nothing to do with this thread. Not related to Mai-Hime or Otome. This is a comparison thread.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.