Who would you cast for the role of General Zod?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WrathfulDwarf
Let's suppose that General Zod would be in the Superman sequel. Now tell us who would be your number one pick?

My choice is Jeremy Irons. He has that dark voice and would great actor. He would play a very good evil General Zod.

Darth Macabre
I would actually pick James Marsters....I don't know, to me he just screams Zod.

Dr. Zaius
I nominate myself.

redcaped
Yes please Bryan. I have chosen my actor previously!

chase el
there will be no general zod so this bulletin is pointless

he died or fell into nothingness in superman 2 and has no powers

redcaped
Zod this bulleting has a point. And stop "bulleting" I am immune to shots. And there is no part 2 yet.

NoFate007
Supposedly Singer didn't put Zod in there because he couldn't get Jude Law and wanted nobody else.

redcaped
I didn't know you came from the future, truly sorry 007.

.Dance_Inside.
jude law...I'm not sure about that no

the guy who played Zod on Smallville..would make a good Zod..if they were going to have him in the next film.

Osaka
Isn't Superman Returns supposed to be a sequel to Superman II? If it is then there can be no zod in future movies.
But if zod did appear in a sequel then I think it would be best to put another unkown in the role.

redcaped
Wrong...unknown only works for heroes. Villains rather hide among known faces.

Osaka
I just realized how true that is because I thought Kevin Spacey did a good job as Lex.

SupezM'
Technically we never see Zod actually die, he falls into the mist we assume he's dead.

Osaka
That's true but he was turned into a human before that happened and it was a long drop. I doubt superman had a giant feather bed at the bottom of the shaft.

This brings up another question. Why did superman do that to them? Once they were human all he had to do was drop them off in prison with Lex. I doubt superman would willingly kill anybody if he didn't have to.

systemshock2
Jude Law is an awesome idea. I can see why Singer would want him and nobody else. Hopefully he'll be in the sequel playing Zod.

roughrider
Helloooo, helloooo...Zod, Ursa, the other one are gone. Depowered, no doubt dead. Superman couldn't leave such threats to the planet around. Even if he caged them somehow, he was gone from his Fortress for five years.

chase el
zod is DEAD!!! he definately died in superman 2. he lost all his powers either way. Returns is the sequel to 2...

end this bulletin PLEASE

.Dance_Inside.
yeah Zod died..in Superman 2 I watched it last night smile
hahahaha its so good

SupezM'
Supermans villains, especially Zod and Braniac have a tendancy to come back from certain death.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by SupezM'
Technically we never see Zod actually die, he falls into the mist we assume he's dead.

Supermans villains, especially Zod and Braniac have a tendancy to come back from certain death.

^Exactly!

I will also add to that the fact that they can be clone. Luthor could try to revive Zod again...but that's pure speculation.

roughrider

In the comics. In the movies, Dead is Dead.

chase el

Well Brainiac never dies... his brain is always stored or salvaged somehow. And General Zod has NEVER come back to life... sorry

having general zod appear in one of the movies would be a travesty. theres no point in a general zod... superman has more to worry about... like darkseid. i have a feeling brainiac will definately show up in the next superman and i think darkseid will have a small part to introduce the character, becuase darkseid is a very important and long storyline. one so good that itll take 1-2 movies to do his story justice.

so please... zod is dead. no storyline or point introducing him again. next movie will feature brainiac and metallo. you heard it here first. Darkseid will have small parts tying into the story and be the main villain in 3rd part which will also start tying in Doomsday.

roughrider
Just to answer the question of this thread...

I would cast Clive Owen to be General Zod.
But if they wanted to go a bit younger, I would cast Hayden Christensen. He has a dead-on resemblance to a young Terence Stamp. And has already played a villain (you-know-who... wink )

redcaped
Yes Jimmy, you-know-who. But here's the thing. If they like my idea I would request a superior intelligence for General Zod since he lived and experienced an entire life on Krypton. For this reason above all he supposedly has more knowledge than Superman who just learnt "a few things" from his father's record.

redcaped
And he's "a general" tactics of war...wayyyyy superior to earthlings.

sithsaber408
Originally posted by roughrider
Just to answer the question of this thread...

I would cast Clive Owen to be General Zod.
But if they wanted to go a bit younger, I would cast Hayden Christensen. He has a dead-on resemblance to a young Terence Stamp. And has already played a villain (you-know-who... wink )

Support it!

(Both actually, but I hadn't considered Hayden for a younger Zod.)

Milkie
Paul Walker

redcaped
I think he's in one channel news from SR...watch that guy!

FistOfThe North
Vigo Mortisson

redcaped
Please ask Bryan about Zod for the sequel...please. I want it made right this time.

Doc Ock
Villains never die. No matter how much it looks like they did. Especially with an open 'death' like Zod's.

chris_64256
Someone who has a strong physical presence This is general Zod were talkin and thank god jude law is not Zod, viggo, paul walker these guys you speak of are about 160 soak and wet with a brick in there hand they dont have the presence. More than likely I would go the unknown route of casting its work pretty good for singer in his career..

FistOfThe North
David Spade

roughrider
They wouldn't get an unknown to play Zod. That much I'm sure of. They will get a name actor for a villain.

chris_64256
Originally posted by roughrider
They wouldn't get an unknown to play Zod. That much I'm sure of. They will get a name actor for a villain. And you know that how? I mean Dc trusted singer to get a unknown to play there most important character in a feature movie "SUPERMAN" but general zod would need to be a "name" I dont quite follow you.. I mean kevin spacey wanted to be luthor he resemble him he's academy award winner and Luthor well doesnt need to be a physical presence just look like a mad genious.. General zod needs to be same size or bigger 6'4 225 or 250 and have the attitude that everyone else is beneath him or inferior to him.. clive owen or hayden as much as I like hayden just cannot pull off Zod. but hey everyones got there opinion.

Superboy Prime
It's very possible to bring Zod back storywise. We didn't really see him die, and he was simply exposed to red sunlight. It wouldn't be a stretch if they had him in recovery for 5 years until his powers returned thanks to yellow sunlight.

redcaped
Guys, I know you want to support Bryan Singer against negative buzz just like me or any Superman fan. He really did something for us (SR) now we should help him like he deserves. You worry about bringing Zod back from the old movies. We know they are old movies and different not real life events that we should follow. And please remember...fictional characters can be recreated or even altered because they are our will not a life of its own.

MattDay
yes as scary as you speak of things, you are right, and I wouldn't be upset if they brought Zod back, but they should tie in with darksied and have luthor pulling the strings or planning something completely different, this gives the man of steel seemingly unsurmountable trouble to set right. Just the job for superman rockon lol

redcaped
You speak of Zod alone but the other guy is very strong+big and the girls is smart and fast. Like ceiling fans she can slap you all she wants in 1 second. She's that type of Matrix girl...agile & thoughtful. Clearly S can't handle them together.

charlemagne9746
I wish they would just come out with a JLA movie altogether...and have them battle Doomsday...i think that would be interesting

smiley8
This is the comic world!! How can people justify that when a character dies they remain dead! Loads of charcters have died and been brought back! Of course they could find some logical way of bringing Zod, Ursa and Non back and i for one would love them back, badder and bigger than before!

superman41082
No one because the next villians should either be Braniac or Doomsday and the final villian should be Darkseid. There should be four movies.........

redcaped
six movies with the order I have suggested

Darth Vegas
I think Jude Law as Zod would be perfect.

smiley8
I think your interprtation of perfect is everyone else's interpretation of CRAP! stick out tongue big grin

redcaped
Can you imagine the new Zod flying like SR'S...cool!!!

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by smiley8
I think your interprtation of perfect is everyone else's interpretation of CRAP! stick out tongue big grin

I didn't see you recommend anyone to play Zod in this thread.

Also, I didn't realize that you were "everyone".

redcaped
She's the best of the trio and the big guy with normal boots. They were good with the thoughts were bad. I'm not putting pressure or anything...just dreaming.

smiley8
Originally posted by Darth Vegas
I didn't see you recommend anyone to play Zod in this thread.

Also, I didn't realize that you were "everyone".

Chill man, it was a joke! I honestly cant think who would make a good Zod, but i dont understand your reasons for suggesting Jude Law of all people???? He's too skinny and has that cheeky look about him. Zod is supposed to be a powerful general, then someone tall and slightly built and looking slightly sinister should play him. I know Terence Stamp who played him in the original movies wasn't tall or built but he did look PURE EVIL!

redcaped
Someone like Terence Stamp but more respectful standing next to S

superman41082
Not Jude Law, and not anyone for that matter. I don't want to see Zod anywhere near any of these movies. Zod is not the answer that this franchise needs.

chase el
As much as I hate the idea of Zod being in another film... i found the right actor...

Joaquin Phoenix

The guy from the village and the Gladiator. He made a freakin awesome villain in Gladiator (In my opinion one of the top 3 villain performences Ive ever seen) and hes a big guy with a presence about him. Theres something so evil about him and I could see him saying "KNEEL BEFORE ZOD!!!" I hate the idea of Zod... but seeing Joaquin Phoenix as Zod would change my mind in a split second. Less than that. Only thing I cant picture is him flying around... and fighting Superman toe to toe

any opinions?

Darth Vegas
The only thing is that Joaquin Phoenix is even less physically imposing than Jude Law.

chase el
The only thing is that Joaquin Phoenix is even less physically imposing than Jude Law.

jude law is skinny and lanky

Phoenix isnt. He is filled in and his face is filled in as well. He's an imposing villain. And a proven one at that

complexbrother
Jason Statham would be the perfect choice to play Zod .
http://chickpea981.diaryland.com/images/jason_statham-010.jpg

smiley8
Doesnt sound THAT bad actually

super pr*xy
oded fehr.

i changed my mind to kim jong il.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by chase el
jude law is skinny and lanky

Phoenix isnt. He is filled in and his face is filled in as well. He's an imposing villain. And a proven one at that

Villainous? Yes.

Imposing? Hardly.

He's 5 foot nothing and has a hole in his chest the size of Rhode Island. Watch the scene in Gladiator when he's training against those other soldiers without his shirt on. Concave doesn't even begin to describe his chest.

Statham would be good.

chase el
i always viewed statham as a metallo type character

roughrider
Originally posted by chris_64256
And you know that how? I mean Dc trusted singer to get a unknown to play there most important character in a feature movie "SUPERMAN" but general zod would need to be a "name" I dont quite follow you.. I mean kevin spacey wanted to be luthor he resemble him he's academy award winner and Luthor well doesnt need to be a physical presence just look like a mad genious.. General zod needs to be same size or bigger 6'4 225 or 250 and have the attitude that everyone else is beneath him or inferior to him.. clive owen or hayden as much as I like hayden just cannot pull off Zod. but hey everyones got there opinion.

Look at the history of comic book films. Superman, Batman, Spider Man, X-Men, Hulk, Daredevil, on and on...they may cast someone from virtual obscurity to be the hero, but the No.1 villain in the film is always a known star or a well-regarded actor. Unknowns don't get these roles.

Validus
Originally posted by Milkie
Paul Walker
Only if Superman and Zod decide to have a drag race.

Darth Vegas
Originally posted by chase el
i always viewed statham as a metallo type character

He'd be great as Metallo. Even better than Zod.

chase el
He'd be great as Metallo. Even better than Zod.

agreed! smokin'

Bicnarok

redcaped
Are you in a rush? I believe you can let movie 2 be a better one, plus it is the most important part never fully exposed. Big Mistake that should be for fans that care.

Sirius77
I would honestly Cast Vin Diesel.

redcaped
Air Force One movie...the Russian leader

redcaped
Zod is not alone so I'm thinking about Ultraviolet...she's got that look. I like the episode from the cartoon series with Metallo sinking S'head in lava...sequel 4.

super pr*xy
you mean gary oldman?

http://img440.imageshack.us/img440/3156/garyoldmanqb0.jpg

redcaped
YES

redcaped
BTW...how tall is he?

super pr*xy
Originally posted by redcaped
Zod is not alone so I'm thinking about Ultraviolet...she's got that look. I like the episode from the cartoon series with Metallo sinking S'head in lava...sequel 4.

http://img516.imageshack.us/img516/3270/millajovovich12667jh5.jpg

super pr*xy
Originally posted by redcaped
BTW...how tall is he?

according tp imdb.com... 5'10. it differs from site to site. somewhere between 5'9 and 5'11.

redcaped
He looked fine in the movie...I saw it in theatres. Terrific attitude!

Superherovandal
HE'S ALREADY JIM GORDON.

redcaped
How many people have that name!

redcaped
"Be nice to them my dear, blow them a kiss."

redcaped
I'd like to see her doing that to jets, not just one little chopper. And I would also discard the badges she collects, since they cannot penetrate her clothing.

smiley8
Ultraviolet would make a cool Ursa, first thing that comes to mind when you see that pic^

redcaped
Yes, I thought about that...she is the one. Will she agree to short her hair?

smiley8
Cant see why not, she had her hair short when she was in Resident Evil. Plus this would be a big role for the actress.

redcaped
I cannot guarantee anything...I'm just a member from a message board. I'm not sure whether this will or will not be a big role but S fans like me would sure love to see her playing the character and to me she's unique. Alright, we now have Zod, Ursa, but who would be the big guy Non? I have chosen the first line between Z & S...is in kryptonian language..."we have come to visit". After S realizing they are also descendants they develop the dialogue in English.

redcaped
I think the girl is fine for the role but I've made a mistake by suggesting Gary as Zod (Air Force One) now an old movie. I like my ideas but I'm definitely not good selecting the cast.

Lord Evolution
joel swetow

redcaped
Looks more mature than Law.

GLEN78
I reckon The Rock would be a good General Zod.
KNEEL BEFORE ZOD, YOU JABRONI

vintageSW77
I always saw Oldman as playing Zod one day...it just feels right and he aint too old...hes about 48,Terrence Stamp was 40 or so plus its a few years later since so hes about the right age.
Millia would be good.
Maybe hell get his old XMEN players Hugh Jackman and Taylor Mane in for Zod and NON..i can see Jackman hair slicked back goatee and in the outfit already..i guess he could do a good villan.
Id love to see Spaceys Luthor locate a frozen Zod and bring him back.

redcaped
What is this arroz con mango you're having in here?! This sequel should bring Zod's first appearance. I conclude until further notice. And I don't want to learn German...or jerkman

Darth Martin
Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp anyone?

Darth Martin
bump

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Darth Martin
Orlando Bloom or Johnny Depp anyone?

NO...Orlando Bloom is too fey...hes a ladyboy with a bit of bum fluff.
AND aint it a fact that Superman Returns is a sequel of sorts so Zod wont be getting an introduction?

Entity
Who used to play Jarod in the Pretender. I think he could be an awesome Zod

MattDay
Zod will lay the smack down on your candy ass

chase el
yo i hate to break the news.... but zod died some 25 years ago... 3 supermans ago. as in... hes history. Sorry but superman has ALOT more interesting villains other than zod. Whats the point in zod when you can have brainiac... or metallo, or darkseid... and the list goes on. Seeing zod in another movie does not interest me and will make me less excited for the sequel.

vintageSW77
I dont recall seeing him breathe his last
i want ZOD back in the next pic
could have been a lot worse under a different director
we could have been getting Mr. Mxyzptlk

MattDay
If we get Zod, then I hope they make him a real bad ass rather than that the zod who never seemed that evil in the original, just said "kneel" quite a lot, throwing people from buildings, smashing cars up, attacking the military using all his powers and then the massive fights he'll have with superman then maybe I'll accept Zod coming back!

vintageSW77
Nah man i think the Terrance Stamp Zod is truly one of the most menacing comic to screen villans of all time in comparison to whats been and gone
i guess he will be in the Singer pic too
Luthors henchmen were not your usual goons
they were pretty nasty

redcaped
They barely hit each other in 1980. This movie would intimidate anyone if they bring him back. I said back in movie history not in the story.

chase el
Originally posted by vintageSW77
I dont recall seeing him breathe his last
i want ZOD back in the next pic
could have been a lot worse under a different director
we could have been getting Mr. Mxyzptlk

No we didnt see his last breathe. BUT, we did see him fall several hundred feet deep... into frozen cold water. With no powers anymore. I think its safe to say that hes dead. And before you say the ice kept him alive like Captain America... just remember he did that cuz he was a super soldier. Zod was human at that point. Hes dead... sorry guys. People who die in movies tend to stay dead.

Give me brainiac or metallo. Please...

MattDay
oh yea they actually looked like thugs, the one with the tatoo on his head looked like a football hooligan, the big guy is an ex australian rugby player, he just looks tough from playing the toughest sport in the world, and then the skinney guy just seemed edgy, and zod seemed not so menacing at all, u kidding me? he talked too much

MattDay
braniac, metallo, doomsday, darksied (maybe cameo), parasite (big maybe, rather prefer the other guys), Lex luthor can return but must have a good reason, like he managed to keep some of the kryptonite that has supermans blood on it, and create bizarro, other than that if they go another direction which includes zod i wont be happy!

vintageSW77
ok
well I think Terrance Stamp was menacing
im talking strictly from a fan of the first two movies and someone who hasnt read a Superman comic since 77

MattDay
really? fair enough, but then you must never watch saw 1 or 2 then because the bad guys in that are menacing, terrence stamps zod was just too annoying... repetitive if u will for u to go oh my god what is he going to do next, too obvious and a villain which i'd be happy without, that's why i liked kevin spacey's lex luthor, he seemed like he wasn't there to play games anymore... he made that point clear in the dialogue "after being in jail for 5 years..." he bascially is just meaner now, and has some threatening company (not otis)... no more kids stuff for superman.

redcaped
People like him, not a clone or robot...Zod is my hope. And with them more basic background from Krypton.

chase el
doomsday actually has more history with krypton than everybody including kal el

redcaped
I'm interested in Doomsday. I want them all by order. Why rushing things...ruin it again? This is a Superman movie, don't forget.

vintageSW77
Originally posted by MattDay
really? fair enough, but then you must never watch saw 1 or 2 then because the bad guys in that are menacing, terrence stamps zod was just too annoying...

Dude your talking about a U movie from 1980
a time when Darth Vader was considered menacing!!
Ok this is personally speaking but as a kid watching that movie at the time it was out Terrance Stamp was doing it and hes one of my fave EVER portrayals of a villian in ANY pic.

redcaped
The most difficult thing to get from people today is honesty. You mention Stamp because you love the character of Zod...that's what he represents. So, why you don't want the character for the next sequel? "Oh, great I'm mature enough, I've grown...bring someone else" you haven't changed a bit. True maturity is recognition.

MattDay
doomsday/braniac story for the next film with his kid, and how he deals with his son not knowing who he is, having to watch Lois live life with another man, lex luthor meets braniac and they both have a common interest in becoming rulers of earth and thus have to destroy superman, braniac has knowledge of a secret weapon, (doomsday) and goes on a search to find it. While lex luthor keeps things busy with superman, braniac returns with doomsday in dormant capture, his cell plants itself into the earth and disappears.

Brainiac and lex luthor confront the man of steel, they have a fight, luthor has a suit given to him by brainiac, they eventually lose, 1 hour and 45 minutes into the film this is. doomsday roars and jumps 40 miles out of the hole he created when he landed and slams down into the middle of a small town. The people run scared as he takes in the new planet he's on. He notices someone pointing in a direction and yelling "get to metropolis, we need superman!" doomsday becomes interested and follows the path pointed by the man to his family and starts bounding across the land many miles at a time, while superman finishes off luthor and brainiac, getting them into specialized prison cells, he starts to hear screaming and heavy thuds from a distance and decides to go to it.

They meet in a crowded street, superman is really conscious of the many people around the area and tries to avoid the beast as he keeps up with superman's speed all the way, and they eventually come to the park, with not many people near it, superman decides to stand his ground, and they have a massive punch up, the punches cause tremors and earth quake type of feedback, with people miles around feeling the effects of them hitting each other, superman decides to get him away from metropolis and flies away with doomsday bounding behind him, they end up in the wilderness and the fight jumps up a notch as their punches start causing sonic boom like effects, trees flying everywhere, superman's clothing is starting to get torn, doomsday looks unaffected, and it goes out of control, complete mayhem, they end up fighting back into the city and innocent people start bugging superman down again, and he starts losing the fight because his love for people while doomsday doesn't care.

Lois and Richard watch in horror as superman is getting hit through buildings and so on, then in a twist of fate Richard gets caught in the way by doomsday throwing cars out of the way and is killed. Superman See's how affected Lois is and notices Jason watching with a tear in his eye.

Superman starts hearing voices of what must be done from his father, and he just lets go and him and doomsday end up destroying blocks after blocks of real estate, ending up with them hitting each other so hard that it levels a tower block and they both collapse, superman falls unconscious and doomsday stops breathing, civilians show their gratitude and help superman to his feet, but notices Lois and Jason are still mourning at the death of Richard white, superman consoles them while still trying to wade off the effects of the fight.

or something like that, is how it should go down, and that was a brief out look of how the next should go down!

redcaped
I have better ideas and you know it.

MattDay
not better, more like just everything zod zod zod

Kal875
Jack Niclas or something? i forgot his name but he's in the new movie with Leonardo Dicaprio

redcaped
2-Zod...3-Brainiac...Doomsday last

vintageSW77
Originally posted by Kal875
Jack Niclas or something? i forgot his name but he's in the new movie with Leonardo Dicaprio

Jack Niclas or someting.....

One flew over the cuckoos nest!
Batman!
Five easy pieces!
The Shining!
Easy Rider!
Chinatown!

JACK NICLAS OR SOMETHING!!!!?????????????????

JESUS!!!

redcaped
Still no change on websites? Oh boy, they're doing this again...make us wait with a big (?)

Big Sexy
Originally posted by vintageSW77
Jack Niclas or someting.....

One flew over the cuckoos nest!
Batman!
Five easy pieces!
The Shining!
Easy Rider!
Chinatown!

JACK NICLAS OR SOMETHING!!!!?????????????????

JESUS!!! laughing

vintageSW77
i know !!

it killed me!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.