Odan-Urr versus Vodo-Siosk Bass

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

GM Nebaris
The two great masters duke it out. The setting for the battle is an open garden on Ossus.

Null ARC Avis
been done before. vodo.

GM Nebaris
Why?

Null ARC Avis
cause udan is old and vodo is also very strong in the force so that nullifies the advantage Udan has and vodo has the stick so yea.

GM Nebaris
Well I meant Odan in his prime. And Odan was extremely strong in the force. He was a master of the force blocking technique and battle meditation, and was able to bring back many long forgotten ancient jedi arts to the jedi order. He has also been in many wars with the sith. It seems that he has battle experience on his side, as well as superior knowledge of the force.

However I'm sure that a case ca be made for Vodo, however you really have not. If that's your final argument, then you have completely failed to convince me of your opinion.

GM Nebaris
bump

Great Vengeance
Vodo was the grandmaster of the order, at the time. Done.

GM Nebaris
No, he wasn't. Odan fit the role better. However the GM of the order is not always the most powerful.

Great Vengeance
Originally posted by GM Nebaris
No, he wasn't. Odan fit the role better. However the GM of the order is not always the most powerful.

He was.

It is your opinion that Odan fit the role better.

And all evidence and common sense points to the GM being the most powerful of his order.

GM Nebaris
Firstly, prove that Vodo was the most powerful.
Secondly, you seem to think that the GM of the jedi order would be somewhat of a warrior. That is completely rediculous. The jedi do not reward or look up to power (not that they look down on it). Odan suits the role much better. He was said to preside over the jedi assembly...
Face it, he was the GM.

Great Vengeance
Firstly, prove that Vodo was the most powerful.
Secondly, you seem to think that the GM of the jedi order would be somewhat of a warrior. That is completely rediculous. The jedi do not reward or look up to power (not that they look down on it). Odan suits the role much better. He was said to preside over the jedi assembly...
Face it, he was the GM.

1. He is the GM. Aside from that, he did better against Exar Kun. He fought a good duel(armed with a stick) that lasted awhile, whereas Kun defeated Odan in one force attack.

2. Dont be ridiculous. The GM exceeds the rest of the order, in both power and wisdom. The other GM's that we know about, Yoda and Luke, back this statement up. It is once again, your opinion, that Odan would be better suited for GM.

GM Nebaris
1. Odan was old and weak. Who knows how he would have fared if he was in his prime. And I wasn't neccessarily talking about Odan. What about Thon for instance, or Ood?

2. Now you're being rediculous. Here are some statements inside The Power of The Jedi Sourcebook:
'Odan-Urr-Keeper of Antiquities'

'The teachings of jedi master Odan-Urr formed a foundation for the Jedi Code'

'His insights into the will of the livng force were taught for millenia after his passing'

'He achieved the rank of jedi master and resided over the jedi assembly for six centuries'

This all suggest that he was GM. He had access to all of the holocrons (jedi and sith). His teaches were taught for hundreds of years even after his death.

GM Nebaris
I don't think you truly understand what a GrandMaster is Vengeance. A GM is the leader of the jedi. The wisest jedi usually fills this position. Not the best warrior, not that there is even any proof that Vodo was the best warrior. Odan was clearly the wisest of the jedi. He had spent centuries study the history and secrets of the jedi, rediscovering long lost techniques.

Great Vengeance
1. Odan was old and weak. Who knows how he would have fared if he was in his prime. And I wasn't neccessarily talking about Odan. What about Thon for instance, or Ood?

2. Now you're being rediculous. Here are some statements inside The Power of The Jedi Sourcebook:
'Odan-Urr-Keeper of Antiquities'

'The teachings of jedi master Odan-Urr formed a foundation for the Jedi Code'

'His insights into the will of the livng force were taught for millenia after his passing'

'He achieved the rank of jedi master and resided over the jedi assembly for six centuries'

This all suggest that he was GM. He had access to all of the holocrons (jedi and sith). His teaches were taught for hundreds of years even after his death.

You admit that Odan is weak, yet you continue in your thinking that Odan is the true GM? Im really not sure what your arguing anymore. If you admit that Vodo would defeat Odan in a fight, I consider this thread done. Your idea that Odan is the true GM, is ridiculous because the actual material says you are wrong.

GM Nebaris
What the hell are you talking about? Where does it say that Vodo was the GM? Where does it say he was the most powerful? Let me break it down for you, Vodo was a Watchman of Dantooine, nothing else. He was Exar Kun's master and the spotlight was slightly put on him and that may be why you consider him the strongest. He wasn't GM. Odan is stated to have presided over the jedi assembies (including the one at Daneeba which funnily enough, they started without Vodo-Siosk 'The Grandmaster' bass).

Great Vengeance
Its said in TOTJ. Vodo is GM.

GM Nebaris
No it is not you liar. Which comic?

kamikz
Originally posted by Great Vengeance
Its said in TOTJ. Vodo is GM.

It is never stated, people THOUGHT he was a GM, but there is nothing to support it....

Null ARC Avis
Udan hated fighting remember? He hardly trained to fight. Sure he could against beings who have no resistance to his lightsaber, but throw him into a dual with a Magnaguard where he cant use the force and he is done for. It is obvious that he isnt a fighter and is bad at fighting, yet *obviously* Vodo is a fighter and it is said that they both have a very powerful grasp of the force so it will come to a dual, one that vodo will win with his stick.

GM Nebaris
Odan fought in many wars with the sith...

Null ARC Avis
which? the hyperspace war and...

Lightsnake
I've shot down this STUPID theory so many times: Vodo isn't the goddamn Grandmaster, there wasn't even a concrete council until after the Sith War

GM Nebaris
Well Odan presided over the jedi assemblies, which leads me to believe that he fit the role of GM.

Lightsnake
he was described as the spokesman, that was it

GM Nebaris
However if anybody were to have been GM, it would have likely been Odan.

Great Vengeance
I just looked through TOTJ, your right Nebaris that it doesnt say Vodo was grandmaster like I thought. However it does say that he was an expert at lightsaber combat, and combining that with Odans pathetic performance against Exar Kun I would still have to say that Vodo wins.(which is what this thread is about anyway)

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.