dead man's chest

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

shelly35
i'm just curious if anybody else was confused with this movies ending. Why did Elizabeth Swan handcuff Jack Sparrow to his ship and than want to go back and save him. Are they making her character bad?

Spartan005
Whenever you make a thread like this, make sure you put a Spoiler sign on the title. But anyway, she knew at that point that the Kracken only wanted Jack, not the crew... so she chained him to the Pearl.

By the way... Welcome To Killer Movie Community Forums smile

forumcrew
Originally posted by shelly35
i'm just curious if anybody else was confused with this movies ending. Why did Elizabeth Swan handcuff Jack Sparrow to his ship and than want to go back and save him. Are they making her character bad?

i think you need to rewatch the movie if that didnt make sense to you. The kraken is a creature summoned by Davy Jones. It wants Sparrow it doesnt want the rest of them. She knew she could trick jack by kissing him so she did it to distract him then cuffed him there so they could get away safely, because she knew the kraken would get them all otherwise. By the end she of course feels bad about what she did, and if theres some other way to get him back now, she will all for it.

ps theres an entire set of POTC threads here.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.