An Open Rant to The producers

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

dontgointhere
Lindelof and Carlton Cuse and co better watch it, their greed is killing the goose that's laying the golden Dharma. Xfiles did a movie when it was done it was OK, because little happened in it that couldn't be swerved back into the same storyline.

Lost fans are stick of eing delayed with emory flashbacks and strange switchbacks that go nowhere. Give us soe development already. The spotty conclusion of season 2 leads me to wonder if the best writing was luck or fortunate editing.

i think the Emmy nods shw i am not alone thinking that the Lost producers and writers have gotten assumptive about fans being uncritical of the quality of the show.

TV series in the past have done this, Remington Steele, Moonlighting, etc, and the production company sits there looking stupid while the whole world says DUH.

They should have done a movie with the flashbacks. But everyone is sick of flashbacks now. And for tv series actors looking at their careers down the road, can they risk getting branded in a bad movie?

Who can guarantee the same people making uneven television episodes (and using rehashed 3 minute pasteups) can make a good movie? I wonder if the actors feel the same and how they would react if they were faced with a decision to balance their careers on these same creatives?

If the produiction company wants feature film screen credits becaue they are not u to continuing the work standard on a weekly series that doesn't mean it;s the best thing for the show's concept as a whole.

As a diehard fan of the show, i have real questions about the disappointing end of Season 2 and wonder why it would be a good risk to make a feature. They have a diminishing degree of quality, i felt he season finale was exploitive and depserate )explosions, hostages).

I don't see why a movie would be worth seeing. Why would they suddenly increase the quality of the writing and production and scene delivery? Aren't the Tv fans good enough?

The industry knows this and I think the Emmy's reflect the piecemeal quality and commitment the prdution elements have brought to the show-moments of brilliance but other stolid and uninteresting (but profitable for abc) episodes.

The Producers have a choice; to deliver good episodes a la season 1 or shrug and blame fans for not tuning in to substandad episodes. When i read they said Season 3 was going to be about the others it was like...what?

Then they were saying they had plans to do the movie when they "panned out creatively". LOST producers, writers, together aren't delivering enough quality now, but there is no lack of creativity. Fans are doing it themsleves because the show has been so lacking.

If for some reason the producers think Lost fans are stupid and will throw money after bad programming and concepts they are wrong. But they will not be able to blame the fans.

rickyduck
Originally posted by dontgointhere
Lindelof and Carlton Cuse and co better watch it, their greed is killing the goose that's laying the golden Dharma. Xfiles did a movie when it was done it was OK, because little happened in it that couldn't be swerved back into the same storyline.

Lost fans are stick of eing delayed with emory flashbacks and strange switchbacks that go nowhere. Give us soe development already. The spotty conclusion of season 2 leads me to wonder if the best writing was luck or fortunate editing.

i think the Emmy nods shw i am not alone thinking that the Lost producers and writers have gotten assumptive about fans being uncritical of the quality of the show.

TV series in the past have done this, Remington Steele, Moonlighting, etc, and the production company sits there looking stupid while the whole world says DUH.

They should have done a movie with the flashbacks. But everyone is sick of flashbacks now. And for tv series actors looking at their careers down the road, can they risk getting branded in a bad movie?

Who can guarantee the same people making uneven television episodes (and using rehashed 3 minute pasteups) can make a good movie? I wonder if the actors feel the same and how they would react if they were faced with a decision to balance their careers on these same creatives?

If the produiction company wants feature film screen credits becaue they are not u to continuing the work standard on a weekly series that doesn't mean it;s the best thing for the show's concept as a whole.

As a diehard fan of the show, i have real questions about the disappointing end of Season 2 and wonder why it would be a good risk to make a feature. They have a diminishing degree of quality, i felt he season finale was exploitive and depserate )explosions, hostages).

I don't see why a movie would be worth seeing. Why would they suddenly increase the quality of the writing and production and scene delivery? Aren't the Tv fans good enough?

The industry knows this and I think the Emmy's reflect the piecemeal quality and commitment the prdution elements have brought to the show-moments of brilliance but other stolid and uninteresting (but profitable for abc) episodes.

The Producers have a choice; to deliver good episodes a la season 1 or shrug and blame fans for not tuning in to substandad episodes. When i read they said Season 3 was going to be about the others it was like...what?

Then they were saying they had plans to do the movie when they "panned out creatively". LOST producers, writers, together aren't delivering enough quality now, but there is no lack of creativity. Fans are doing it themsleves because the show has been so lacking.

If for some reason the producers think Lost fans are stupid and will throw money after bad programming and concepts they are wrong. But they will not be able to blame the fans.

I'm sorry about your spelling, but I dont know wether you're right or wrong there, the flashbacks shouldnt all be done together because how shit would that be...

The Pict
there is no need for a movie, and the conclusion of season 2 left more questions than answers.

however i like the flashbacks......in fact i love them lookaround

dontgointhere
I think Desmond and Jack both being doctors is very interesting...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.