Adventures in Babysitting Remake

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Wolfie
http://www.comingsoon.net/news/movienews.php?id=15368

All I have to say is, "What the hell?"

Not that I didn't see a remake coming, but why now? The movie is less than 20 years old. Don't they always wait at least 30 years before a remake?

botankus
And it was in the bottom half of the movies made that year in terms of quality. It really wasn't that good. Elisabeth Shue was in it, and she was semi-popular after The Karate Kid, and that was really the whole marketing value of it. I didn't click the link, but my guess is they'd have someone like Kelly Clarkston playing the role. I'll pass.

MildPossession
Where have you been? a lot of remakes coming out now or out past few years are of films that were made like 2-4 years ago... I mean they are remaking Hidden/Cache and that came out what last year or so.

Wolfie

botankus
Oh, it's that chick from the Disney Channel that's going to be starring in it.

Wolfie
The That's So Raven kid.

MildPossession
No, Cache is getting a remake soon, hasn't been remade yet.

Wolfie
I dunno. It seemed to me that all the major remakes (which I assume this is major) wait an average of 30 years after the original.

King Kong - last remake was 1976
Fun with Dick and Jane - 1977
Texas Chainsaw Massacre - 1974
Cheaper by the Dozen - 1950
Yours, Mine, and Ours - 1968

So I was waiting for the 2010's before we saw any '80s movies remade.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.