Star Wars 1-6 are cool movies: YES or NO ?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

OB1-adobe
Yes I am aware that this should technically be in the SW forums, but I think I would get a more diverse answer in here.

The saga has been complete for over a year now.

So no more people:

whining, I want this or that in the movie,
Damn you LuCAS!

Prequel Trilogy versus Orignal trilogy

NO MORE OF THAT SHIT!!!!!!!!!!

Set the record Straight.

YOU LIKE THEM: YES OR NO ???????????

Osaka
Yes I like all six. Together that make a wonderful and epic story.

pr1983
Originally posted by OB1-adobe
Yes I am aware that this should technically be in the SW forums, but I think I would get a more diverse answer in here.

So no more people:

Damn you LuCAS!

Set the record Straight.

YOU LIKE THEM: YES OR NO ???????????

Tis a bit of a silly question... even in the OT there are things people didn't like... erm

Dusty
I love them all.

Cerberus
Are you kidding me? These are CLASSICS man! big grin

SnakeEyes
Originally posted by Dusty
I love them all.

Agreed. cool

roughrider
Of course. I'm suprised this is even a question.

Scarecrow756
I love all the six movies. They are all good in their own way and together they make one epic saga.

OB1-adobe
Originally posted by roughrider
Of course. I'm suprised this is even a question.

I am only doing this as an "Anti-whine" thread.

I used to hang out in the SW forums for a long time.

You would get the occasional noob who would start shit, people who just complain all the time about whatever, and some you would swear that they had fully turned their back on these movies.

So i'm just saying Hey:

You like'em or not?

cking
all six are very good.

Impediment
George Lucas used to have vision. Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are nothing less than mythic. Episodes 1, 2, and 3, sadly, are shitty, lifeless movies that haven't a shred of the magic that was in the first trilogy.

Mišt
Yeah, the only prequel one that IMO came any close to the OT story-wise was TPM, even though a majority regard it as the worst prequel episode...srug

The other two dont even have a story, its all 'lets pull off a bigger fight than the last one'. AOTC doesnt even have any structure in itself in regards to plotline, and doesnt even fit within the saga. The PT might somehow fit logically within the timespan with GL throwing whatever excuses in to clear it up, but it doesnt have that engagement the OT had. A rebel pilot dies in the OT and you feel sorry for him, and just want them to kick the Empire's ass even harder. A clone pilot dies in the PT and its just 'oh that was a cool explosion'. Where were the cool smugglers in the PT? Where were the bounty hunters (besides Jango)? Where were the dumpy, dirty cantinas? The PT had no 'dirt' whatsoever. Kamino, god that place looks like its polished every hour.

But regardless of all that, they are cool movies and I love them all equally for every new thing each episode brings.

JaehSkywalker
hates the guy who posted no... erm

Yoshiaki
1-3 = teh suck for story (Eye candy)
4-6 = Great Story

faradayslaw
I'm still waiting to hear if Lucas is still going to do the Star Wars tv show he was thinking about. Of course, it would never live up to the movies....

cking
I think a TV show would be good. it is better than to have nothing at all. wink

Koenig
I did not vote for this reason they are not cool or crap, they are OK.

sithsaber408
Each one is a testament to filmaking mastery, achievement in realistic visual effects (computer and model) that are more realistic than whatever was out before it, and the awesome power of determination.

One man with an idea, with a vision, singlehandedly changed filmaking, changed Hollywood, and invented a whole new kind of movie.

And the best part, he does it himself.

Being a genius, Lucas was able to secure the rights to his sequels before the release of the original StarWars, and has been in total control of each one since.

Wether you like all of the films, or hate some parts in each one (as I do), you know that you are seeing something that nobody else could show you, and certainly not for the price which Lucas can make it for.

(each prequel's budget was about 120 mil.)

These movies are legendary.

Wolfie

SnakeEyes
Revenge of the Sith was by far the best prequel, IMO.

Solo
I love 4-6.

Bicnarok

coolmovies
Its the best saga ever may the force be with u .......... forever

phreak_v2.o
i like all six movies. even if u don't like the storyline in the PT the lightsaber duels r AWESOME!

i love the way all six movies fit together to create the SW saga!
starwars

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by phreak_v2.o
i like all six movies. even if u don't like the storyline in the PT the lightsaber duels r AWESOME!

i love the way all six movies fit together to create the SW saga!
starwars

agreed. though i do like the storyline in pt yes

LilithVarden
Only The Original Trilogy was the best and by far George Lucas's best work. The prequels, in my opinion, were an ambombination, really. He listened to his kids too much and it costed him...example putting Jar Jar Binks in the films. The only prequel that was actually good in some ways was Revenge of the Sith...that had good action and some good dialogue as well but it had it's moments where it still was horrible, expecially the end with Anakin and Padma..bleh. Nope, The originals are the best because they are funny, have great dialgue, action, and awesome adventure...it's a classic.

soleranger123
loved them all

JaehSkywalker
yes classic...

Soth
I said yes, but i would like to elaborate. I love the story throughout the 6 episodes, but George Lucas should not be allowed to touch the movies beyond producing them, because his storytelling through the camera and his writing suck. That's why the Prequel Trilogy wasn't very popular.

Akira99
EP 1-6 Great story in every ep. mostly
But
EP 1-3 Crap acting cannot be compensated for by amazing special effects. AND I DON'T LIKE CHEESE WITH MY CRACKERS!
EP 4-6 Classics though there were bad bits

office jesus
Star Wars sucks now, didn't you know that?

Ultraman Baltan
One and two sucked horribly and four was dull, but the rest were pretty darn good.

Lighthammer
episode 1-2(onlly good thing about 1 was the Kenobi/Jinn Vs Maul fight)were the worst by far of the series. 4-6 were amazing(except for th Ewoks) and 3 was by far the best of the prequels and is better than Return of the Jedi and is just behind the original Star Wars.
Though Return of the Jedi isn't my favorite, it has my favorite scene. When Arvel Crynyd's A-Wing crashes through the Star Destroyer.
The interesting thing is that in 1 and 2 the acting was good, just the plots sucked(plus the Gungans). 3 the acting was again good, but the plot was good.
One more interesting thing I noticed. With the exception of Anthony Daniels,and Ian Macdarmid most of the main characters in the originals were played by Americans, and the minors(especially the pilots) were played by foerigners(mainly brits) who a fair amount had their voices dubbed. Where as in the prequels, with the exception of Samuel L. Jackson, Jake Lloyd, Natalie Portman, and Frank Oz, most of the main characters are played by foerginers(mainly brits) Cause Neesons Irish, Mcgregors Scottish(His uncle played wedge antilles in the originals), Macdirminds English, Christensens Canadian, Parks Scottish,Daniels is English, etc.
Personally I think SLJ is by far the biggest name draw of any actor in the series.
Either way Star Wars in general rules.

Lighthammer
PI had a brain freeze for a second. Portman's Israeli, not American, so I should have put her in the foergin actors list, not the US actors list.

barand1
I prefer 1-3 than 4-6, but overall great movies and a great saga!

ADarksideJedi
Originally posted by barand1
I prefer 1-3 than 4-6, but overall great movies and a great saga!

I like the old ones 4-6 they have better lines and better actors.JM cool

Mr Parker
I will just forget that Return Of the jedi was ever made because I hate that one even more so than those crapfest Prequals..ANH and ESB are my two favorite movies of all time so I say 5 and 6 are cool,the rest suck.

Kotor Kicks A$$
do i like star wars yes or, what is that other word??

Garret Jax
YES

Although i believe the prequels were a bit no..thats not the word...WAY over the top. As the movies progressed in the end it was only lightsaber battles...sure we like em but with anything in the world that people like give them to much and the sparkle it once had dies. What i loved about ROTJ and ESB was that they mixed up the duels with what else starwars is STARWARS...so space battles ground combat..it gave you a real sense of it all. The new ones just were all CGI show. It always blew me away to know in the first ones that alot of those ships you saw were actually full scale props. Something the actor could truly touch.

BloodyHell222
if anyone says the PT was anything but a steaming pile of sith they are lying to themselves. The OT was better because it was before Lucas went insane. Could u imagine the OT with the special effects we have today.... This question wouldn't even be a valid one.

deltoraiscool
star wars is ok the first, third and fifth are crap though

ladygrim
Originally posted by Impediment
George Lucas used to have vision. Episodes 4, 5, and 6 are nothing less than mythic. Episodes 1, 2, and 3, sadly, are shitty, lifeless movies that haven't a shred of the magic that was in the first trilogy. i like the original 4,5 &6 and 3 at a large push but the other 2 no expression please i thought that they didnt seem like SW movies sad

Vim
I want to know when all 6 are going to be together in giganormous collection, with the making ofs... It would be like 15 discs with all the special features and commentaries and everything... I liked the whole Star Wars mythology its great universe with lots of great ideas.

Super Guy
Originally posted by OB1-adobe

So no more people:

Damn you LuCAS!

Set the record Straight.

YOU LIKE THEM: YES OR NO ??????????? Like 'em, yes, but that's only because I absolutely adore the originals... the prequels are a load of shite...

coolmovies
Ameen !!!!!

office jesus
Originally posted by Scarecrow756
I love all the six movies. They are all good in their own way and together they make one epic saga.

..Episode One was good? One of the WORST examples of bad script writing ever.

office jesus
Originally posted by Vim
I want to know when all 6 are going to be together in giganormous collection, with the making ofs... It would be like 15 discs with all the special features and commentaries and everything... I liked the whole Star Wars mythology its great universe with lots of great ideas.

The greedy bastard that Lucas is..I wouldn't put it past him. Look at how many times they've released the original trilogy.

Julie
yes....

JaehSkywalker
Originally posted by deltoraiscool

you're crazy!

vintageSW77
http://www.killermovies.com/forums/f5/t430010.html

that way for rare SW pics

office jesus
Originally posted by deltoraiscool

The fck is wrong with you? Empire is crap? Gtfo. Now.

Blaxican
All six of the movies were awsome. And all the whiners about how the OT > PT need a reality check.

Bardock42
I like 'em.

LORDSIDIOUS01
I luv Star Wars so much. I will debahttp://images.killermovies.com/forums/smilies/cartoon/alien.gif
aliente anyone who also luv Star Wars.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.