Superman The Movie Vs Batman Begins

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

WhiteRat
Which one of these is your favorite movie? I still rank Superman as the best comicbook movie of all time ever made over Batman Begins but just barely.Which do you rate as the better movie?

Soss
Though the special effects and storyline were decent in Superman Returns...my favorite comic book movie is still Spider-man and Spider-man 2.

I doubt Superman could top those.

Dr. Zaius
Here's my order:

1) Batman Begins--With Munich, probably the best movie from last year.

2) Spider Man 1, 2.

3) Superman 2

4) X2

5) The Crow

WrathfulDwarf
Both...but because I'm a hardcore Batman fanboy...BB wins.

roughrider
I'm a big fan of both. I won't choose.

chase el
superman returns was better in my eyes. Had tons more touching moments, more moments that just made you just want to get up on your chair and applaud. Batman Begins was true to the comic which i like. But Superman Returns did a great job continuing the story of superman.

And GUYS this is a Batman Begins vs Superman Returns forum. NOT SPIDERMAN. READ THE TITLE... jeez

GODOFALL1
Chae El, YOURE WRONG! This is a Superman The Movie vs Batman Begins Thread. Not Spiderman or Superman REturns. smile And Superman the Movie was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Batman Begins! NO comparison...........................................at all!!!!!!!!!!!!

GODOFALL1
Rock on WhiteRat!

This isn't Superman Returns vs Batman Begins...this is Superman: The Movie ('78) vs Batman Begins...i love the original superman but in terms of filmmaking Batman Begins is much better to me. But I also think Superman Returns is better than Batman Begins by just a little bit.

Yarr
Superman: The Movie

Dr. Zaius
The first half of Superman the Movie was one of the finest pieces of film I've ever seen. Unfortunately, like the new movie, once you got past Krypton, Kansas and the creation of the Fortress of Solitude, Hackman's Luthor failed to create enough menace to make the movie interesting. Was anyone really scared that Superman wasn't going to get out of his Kryptonite shackles and stop those nukes? The scene where Reeves grieves over Margot Kidder's death is excellent, however, as is the flying around the earth segment and closing orbital flight with Reeve winking at the audience.

Batman Begins is just masterful throughout. Right screen writer, right director, and a butt load of fine actors. Its hard to imagine anything topping it--other than a possible sequel using all of the aforementioned parties.

Darth Martin
1.BatmanBegins
2.V for Vendetta
3.Superman:The Movie
4.Superman 2
5.Blade 2
6.Punisher
7.Blade
8.X3
9.Daredevil
10.Spiderman 2

Dreampanther
Damn, hard choice. Too hard. I refuse to choose!

joesha28
Both were great.

MattDay
well this is a hard choice, it's a hard choice still if you said superman returns and batman begins... ummm well for more contemporary film making and what not... (not being cheesy) batman begins takes it a little.

The new superman has the elements of the first film, without the cheesy stuff, so that would be rated higher than batman begins, its was more epic in scale and the film is v.good.

Up In Flames
Here's my order:
>Batman Begins
>Blade1,2,3
>Hulk
>V for Vendetta
>Superman Returns
>Spiderman 1

Up In Flames
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Batman Begins is just masterful throughout. Right screen writer, right director, and a butt load of fine actors. Its hard to imagine anything topping it--other than a possible sequel using all of the aforementioned parties.

Damn right!

They shouldve chosen someone besides Katie Holmes, though... flawless otherwise

chase el
Originally posted by Darth Martin
1.BatmanBegins
2.V for Vendetta
3.Superman:The Movie
4.Superman 2
5.Blade 2
6.Punisher
7.Blade
8.X3
9.Daredevil
10.Spiderman 2

blade 1 & 2, x3, daredevil, punisher all ahead of spiderman 2? and no superman returns... your smoking crack. Punisher and Daredevil are wack.

.Dance_Inside.
I enjoy Superman Returns the best
I love Superman 2
The first Superman is kind of boring, but I still like it.
Batman Begins is awesome

MattDay
in a very hard and considered list, considering overall quality, emotion, action, musical quality (important if u know about film making) good story, and longevity.

1.batman begins
2.superman returns
3.spiderman 2
4.spiderman 1
5.superman - the movie
6.X-2
7.superman 2
8.X-1
9.X-3

that is my overall view, i still have very sharp images from SR, which says its got a lot stuff going for it. Batman Begins had the same affect and is the only other superhero i still put on the dvd player from time to time, then spiderman 2 here and there, mostly for the train scene, the rest has lost its feel and so on

MattDay
also superman is a shade off of 300 million worldwide, which im impressed as I thought its wouldn't have gone so far, from its shock box office problems.

.Dance_Inside.
Originally posted by chase el
blade 1 & 2, x3, daredevil, punisher all ahead of spiderman 2? and no superman returns... your smoking crack. Punisher and Daredevil are wack.

I completely agree yes

snoopdogg
I noticed nobody even mentioned Batman(1989) with Micheal Keaton. That's one of the best comic movies to date also. That movie made over 250 million way back in 1989.

My list:

1. Batman Begins
2. Batman
3. Superman Returns
4. Superman: The Movie
5. Spiderman
6. Superman 2
7. Punisher
8. Spiderman 2
9. Blade
10. Blade II

snoopdogg
Originally posted by MattDay
also superman is a shade off of 300 million worldwide, which im impressed as I thought its wouldn't have gone so far, from its shock box office problems. Actually Superman Returns is around 290 million worldwide which puts it over the 260 million budget in only 28 days.

Batman Begins at 28 days was at 174 million and ended at 205 million. SR at 28 days is at 180 million and is ahead of BB's pace. So SR's should go around 210 million domestic.

dvampire
I thought Batman Begins was good, I havn't SRs yet. The only thing I didn't like about Batman Begins, was some of the fight scenes (dude didn't really look like he could move in the suit).

snoopdogg
Originally posted by dvampire
I thought Batman Begins was good, I havn't SRs yet. The only thing I didn't like about Batman Begins, was some of the fight scenes (dude didn't really look like he could move in the suit). They tried to make the fights in BB's look realistic.

MattDay
when i said shade, that means close, 290 mil is close, dont be specific, i hate people who do that

snoopdogg
Originally posted by MattDay
when i said shade, that means close, 290 mil is close, dont be specific, i hate people who do that Sorry I didn't mean to offend anybody.

I deal in absolutes.

chris_64256
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Sorry I didn't mean to offend anybody.

I deal in absolutes. Only a Sith lord deals in Absolutes.. eek!

sithsaber408
Which is an absolute in and of itself, of course.

Stupid Obi-wan. stick out tongue

Awesome sig, Chris.

Sea King
daredevil was ok (i really was wishing it was done alot better)

i loved batman begins

superman returns was a heck of a lot better then i thought it would be(i thought lex luther was awsome)

i thought Spidy1&2 were kool(except for the web shooter thing)

blade 1,2&3 were ok (i liked them but i say one could have been a littel better but aside from that they were awsome)

chris_64256
Thanks bro, you got a pretty sweet sig yourself...

chris_64256
Originally posted by Sea King
daredevil was ok (i really was wishing it was done alot better)

i loved batman begins

superman returns was a heck of a lot better then i thought it would be(i thought lex luther was awsome)

i thought Spidy1&2 were kool(except for the web shooter thing)

blade 1,2&3 were ok (i liked them but i say one could have been a littel better but aside from that they were awsome) Superman returns was great I think what hurt the box office appeal was luthor kevin spacey was great dont get me wrong But I think the appeal of luthor in superman movies are gone people wanna see something new I hope and pray they go ahead with another.. Batman begins was great Bale nailed that part... Daredevil sucked hard sick Spiderman1 was fantastic the second one was cheesy but I think they got there shit together with 3.. The blade series was decent the First rocked hard second was good three was average no real depth to it kinda felt rushed..

Sea King
Originally posted by chris_64256
Superman returns was great I think what hurt the box office appeal was luthor kevin spacey was great dont get me wrong But I think the appeal of luthor in superman movies are gone people wanna see something new I hope and pray they go ahead with another.. Batman begins was great Bale nailed that part... Daredevil sucked hard sick Spiderman1 was fantastic the second one was cheesy but I think they got there shit together with 3.. The blade series was decent the First rocked hard second was good three was average no real depth to it kinda felt rushed..

i only liked the dd movie for the fact i like dd it was a bad movie i agree but theirs nothing that can be done now .

the big reasion i hated blade one was cause blood god died in the dumbest way possable (imo of course)

i mean the tryed to sell the fact that the vampiere was a desies and then they got mystical and made frost a god. then they tryed to make it as if sure hes a god but he can still die by a human made vaccine that exploads vampires. that really made me a little upset with the first one.
sure i could see killing the blood god but only by mystical means.

snoopdogg
Originally posted by chris_64256
Thanks bro, you got a pretty sweet sig yourself... Yoda is one bad motherf*cker he is.

chris_64256
Originally posted by snoopdogg
Yoda is one bad motherf*cker he is. cool no doubt. Bust a cap in your ass he will. eek!

Scarlet315
1.spiderman 2
2.spiderman 3 (yeah, yeah it didnt come out. I call this a strong huntch)
3.X1
4.blade 2
5.superman returns
6.Blade 2

End of Days(yeah yeah i know its not a comic book movie, but damn did it have that comic book feel. Ahnold takes on the devil man!)

Scarlet315
#6 was a misprint

Scarlet315
#6 was suppose to be batman begins

MattDay
blade 2 above batman begins and superman returns... gotta disagree big time dude, sorry, somewhere in the mix with the spiderman films they should be

chris_64256
Originally posted by Scarlet315
1.spiderman 2
2.spiderman 3 (yeah, yeah it didnt come out. I call this a strong huntch)
3.X1
4.blade 2
5.superman returns
6.Blade 2

End of Days(yeah yeah i know its not a comic book movie, but damn did it have that comic book feel. Ahnold takes on the devil man!) Wow roll eyes (sarcastic) well to each his own I guess. laughing out loud

Up In Flames
only a fanboy, and not a real movie critique, would place superman returns at the top of the "best comic movie" list... wink

MattDay
its around 3 not the best but the sequel could depending on what enemy they put in it, so many people didnt go because the villain is the same as the last two movies it follows from.

Scarecrow756
1. Batman Begins
2. Superman Returns
3. Sin City
4. V for Vendetta
5. Batman Returns
6. Batman 89
7. Superman
8. X Men 2
9. X Men
10. Daredevil

MattDay
i agree for most except daredevil was worse than hulk, blade 1,2,3 an xmen 3, i'd rather watch any of them than daredevil, although i got every super hero comic movie in my dvd collection

pr1983
For acting, writing and directing, Batman begins trumps SR... so in general BB was a better movie imo...

spideyfan5407
This is my top 15 fav superhero movies:

1. Superman Returns (gonna be Spidey 3 next year)
2. Spidey 1
3. V for Vendetta
4. Spidey 2
5. Batman Begins
6. Superman ('78)
7. Batman 1
8. Blade
9. Superman 2
10. Superman 3
11. Hulk
12. Batman 3
13. Batman 2
14. Superman 4
15. Daredevil (IT SUCKED!!!!!!)

Thanks a lot,

later

spideyfan5407
I forgot the x men movies i like them a lot tho so dont get the idea i dont

thanks,

later

NPC
1-Superman 2 - Everyone underestimates this movie, the fight sequence in the city is unlike anything ever seen before or since!

2-Batman (89'Burton) Nicholson was genuis! This is the bar for all future comic movies as I see it. To me, superhero movies, you HAVE to have a villan thats as bad as your hero is good or you got nothing.

3-Superman The Movie - This movie's luthor was more menacing than Returns luthor because they did kill a cop in this movie.

4-Conan The Barbarian

5-Conan The Destroyer

6-Batman Returns - Michelle Phiffer was totally awesome(hot)! I hated the Penguin though but catwoman more than made up for it with perfect scenes/lines/portrayal

7-Spiderman - Awesome new franchise, seemed to take notes from Burtons Batman which is VERY good but villan was kinda weak, I was absolutely amazed how perfect they got spideys movements/mannerisms down perfectly

8-Spiderman 2 - Killer villan better than Green goblin but again weak villan writing/portrayal, if the spidey cartoon fight with doc oc has more fast paced action . . .

9-Batman Begins - The only thing I didnt like was the writing/portrayal of Ras an the fight sequences were too shaky
So again weak villan portrayal by Ras, Scarecrow was good though

10-X-men - Wolverine was awesome, but again another movie that suffered from weak villany

Honorable mention-Blade

If you have well known comic superhero's in a big time movie you have to have villans that will push those heros to their limits an beyond. The limits that have been established in those very comics or you're just not going to do it any justice!
Spiderman an BB both followed the comics material to gold, HFS!
Why didnt superman returns?

MattDay
yea but he acted like a car salesman throughout, so boring, superman 2's fight scene made me laugh because they sucked, it looks cheesy, extremely dated, you sir are an idiot. period!

Marth18
Dont know if anyone knew this yet but, they say Gotham in superman returns, on the part where hes saving people all around the world, anyways the black newslady mentions a few places and gotham was one of them (if some of u dont know thats the city of batman)

SnakeEyes
Batman Begins was better than Superman Returns. No contest.

pr1983
Originally posted by pr1983
For acting, writing and directing, Batman begins trumps SR... so in general BB was a better movie imo...

Shit. Sorry. Superman The Movie?

Hmm... Superman the movie was pretty damn good... at the time it was awesome...

coolmovies
batman begins

MattDay
meh, batman begins had most of my favourite actors in it, morgan freeman, christian bale but to say that it's better than superman returns is a twist of the arm for me, because i've watched them both, got BB in my dvd collection but i think they match eachother up from an overall perspective, although my entire family say they'd watch superman more than batman, heck i think its the epic scale of events that catch people eyes more in films, hope the sequel is more epic otherwise it'll seem like it's going backwards rather than forwards!!!

brainchild81
Originally posted by Soss
Though the special effects and storyline were decent in Superman Returns...my favorite comic book movie is still Spider-man and Spider-man 2.

I doubt Superman could top those. Ditto on the Spidey films. Sin City was amazing though. I was totally bored w/Supes ReturnsOriginally posted by GODOFALL1
Chae El, YOURE WRONG! This is a Superman The Movie vs Batman Begins Thread. Not Spiderman or Superman REturns. smile And Superman the Movie was WAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY
YYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYYY better than Batman Begins! NO comparison...........................................at all!!!!!!!!!!!! Begins was a good deal better than any of the Supes films. They seemed alright when I was young, but I saw some of them again on HBO or some other premium channel recently and they were lame.Originally posted by Up In Flames
only a fanboy, and not a real movie critique, would place superman returns at the top of the "best comic movie" list... wink Gotta agree w/you on that.

MattDay
movei critics gave it an overall of 4 out of 5, it's one of the best no doubt, considering, overall spiderman 2, considered the best, got 4 out of 5 as well, check google, it gives you a reveiws tally at the top, averaging all the worlds top reviewers, www.google.com/search?hl=en&q=superman+returns&meta=

jdea
Superman Returns was better of the two fo me....but as for superhero movies in general V for Vendetta tops all for me

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.