Getting a New Laptop...

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

RedAlertv2
My families old laptop has broken 3 times in 2 years, all 3 times needing to be sent in for repairs, so finally the company is giving us a newer and better one. And fortunately, even though the computer broke down, we were able to recover my music, which was the most valuable thing on their. I was worried for a while. I have a ton of albums on their that I ripped from the library and it would be a pain in the ass to get it all back

-Tired Hiker-
Originally posted by RedAlertv2
My families old laptop has broken 3 times in 2 years, all 3 times needing to be sent in for repairs, so finally the company is giving us a newer and better one. And fortunately, even though the computer broke down, we were able to recover my music, which was the most valuable thing on their. I was worried for a while. I have a ton of albums on their that I ripped from the library and it would be a pain in the ass to get it all back

Sweet right on! It's good to know that these big time computer corporations are backing their product in such ways. smile

commander fox
toottoottoot

That is right.....wink

Neo_Version 7
Woot! stick out tongue

silver_tears
My family has three laptops amongst four people haha, I've my own, but I dont use it other than for like the internet and music, I have games and shit on my computer.

ThePittman
I need to get my other monitor, I hate working with one. nonedown Congrats on the new laptop. noneup

RedAlertv2
Originally posted by silver_tears
My family has three laptops amongst four people haha, I've my own, but I dont use it other than for like the internet and music, I have games and shit on my computer. Thats pretty awesome. Lucky for me no one in my family uses the laptop much so I could put all my games and music on it.

Lana
I think I need to replace my laptop sad it's messed up and I have to use my PC which is outdated and crappy.

TOH
Originally posted by Lana
I think I need to replace my laptop sad it's messed up and I have to use my PC which is outdated and crappy.
shock
I thought you had a brand new laptop...

Alpha Centauri
If you don't actually use a laptop outside of your home, then don't get a laptop.

All that "I can go to different rooms" bs is nonsense.

-AC

Scythe
The fact that you can use the interweb in a public restroom is awesome.

Alpha Centauri
You can do a lot of things with a lot of things, doesn't mean you do them just because you can.

PCs are much better.

-AC

Lana
Originally posted by TOH
shock
I thought you had a brand new laptop...

It wasn't brand new, it was my uncle's before I had it.

And apparently the issue with it is very common with that type and as it's out of warranty, it'd cost the same to just get a new one as it would to fix it.

I'm going to see if I can get my uncle to fix it before I start saving and shopping, though.

Thorinn
I think I need to replace my laptop sad it's messed up and I have to use my PC which is outdated and crappy. petpet

silver_tears
The good thing is you can get them for like 600 bucks now brand new because of the brutal competition.

§cimitar
Alienware.

TOH
The good thing is you can get them for like 600 bucks now brand new because of the brutal competition.
Not in my country... laughing out loud

Mišt

silver_tears
Originally posted by TOH
Not in my country... laughing out loud

Really?
You can find them here for like $599 at the nearest Best Buy.

Soleran

Itzak

Yeah... if you want one with the battery life of 2 hours.

TOH
Really?
You can find them here for like $599 at the nearest Best Buy.
Here in the USA I've found a second hand one for $ 300. A cheap notebook in Brazil costs about $ 1200. weep

Mišt
Originally posted by Soleran
Sager notebooks, alienware doesn't make their own notebooks they buy them from Sager................save the money buy the Sager.

But you dont get fancy pants coverspirate

Soleran

Mišt
The chicks dig the fancy pants coverspirate

Or so Im tolddodgy

§cimitar
Sager notebooks, alienware doesn't make their own notebooks they buy them from Sager................save the money buy the Sager. ermm Thanks for the tip.

TOH
You guys need a smackbook

Lana

Not a decent one.

Trust me, I've been looking.

Soleran

Mišt
Originally posted by TOH

droolio

Itzak
Originally posted by TOH

I think I'd get a little rough with the "smack your computer like it's a b!tch" setting. droolio

Lana
I was just keep'n it real, cuz thats how I roll.............afro2

yeah, ok whatever..............

If you have 1,000$ you can get a pretty nice notebook (not for gaming) but for work, internet, etc etc..............

Best way to go is to go on a site like Dell, pick out a cheap one, and then customize it up. It usually ends up being cheaper and better than ones that aren't customizable.

TOH
Best way to go is to go on a site like Dell, pick out a cheap one, and then customize it up. It usually ends up being cheaper and better than ones that aren't customizable.
I have a Dell laptop eek!

actually, now is a MacDell.... shifty

Lana
Originally posted by TOH
I have a Dell laptop eek!

actually, now is a MacDell.... shifty

MacDell? laughing out loud

Nazgulinthedark
woot new computers rock

TOH
MacDell? laughing out loud
Dell running Mac OS droolio

TOH
Originally posted by Nazgulinthedark
woot new computers rock
You have a beautiful avatar Nazzy...yes

Nazgulinthedark
blushing thankies

silver_tears
I have an Acer Aspire w00t
My dad picked it up in Europe when he was in Vienna.

§cimitar
Originally posted by TOH
You have a beautiful avatar Nazzy...yes

Scottie

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.