Ports, good or bad?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Sai1
In general do you like to play ports?

LockJaw is lol
confused

El_NINO
ports???

Sai1
Originally posted by El_NINO
ports???

Ports of games.

Quincy Archer
Sai means Imports.

Games from overseas. And I've played one or two imports a while back. One was a dbz import game for the psone, and the other was the fourth Naruto fighting game on the gamecube.

Sai1
Originally posted by Quincy Archer
Sai means Imports.

Games from overseas. And I've played one or two imports a while back. One was a dbz import game for the psone, and the other was the fourth Naruto fighting game on the gamecube.

Actually I don't. I mean games released on multi-platforms or a another version of a game that already exists.

LockJaw is lol
I had secret of mana and uhhhh...

SaTsuJiN
imports are not the same as ports...

a port would be like halo 2 coming to pc... any game thats cut copied and pasted to another system with very little or no changes made

i.e. final fantasy 7 and 8 were ported to PC

lately theres no reason to import games... no good jp only games that I could see

JToTheP
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
imports are not the same as ports...

a port would be like halo 2 coming to pc... any game thats cut copied and pasted to another system with very little or no changes made

i.e. final fantasy 7 and 8 were ported to PC

lately theres no reason to import games... no good jp only games that I could see

What about the Tales Of series, half of which aren't even in the US? Star Ocean 1?

SaTsuJiN
I cant say I dabble in rpgs outside of the critically acclaimed... cuz its like a gamble.. stuff I imported was like bushido blade... various dragonball games... king of fighters... fatal fury : realbout special... the one rpg I did import was soukaigi... great story but horrible graphics / gameplay

I'm thinking by ports he means if the game is on another system and you couldnt play it, but it gets transferred over to the system you own

(like Resident Evil 4)

Sai1
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN

I'm thinking by ports he means if the game is on another system and you couldnt play it, but it gets transferred over to the system you own

(like Resident Evil 4)

Yes.

BackFire
Generally not. I play the original version, no need to play a dumbed down, compromised version as well.

crazy_shadow
a good rpg is legaia 2....but that has nothing to do with this

if you mean games that are transfered and beat down in gameplay and graphics and storyline, then no i think they're ugly

SaTsuJiN
I voted "if i hadnt played it before"... since diablo 1 was cool on ps1 because I hadnt played it for pc.. those kinds of situations make ports nice... but lazy half-assed ports make me wanna vom

Ritoshi
Naruto 4 for GC, and Jump superstars for Ds, also Bleach..all good

Darth Jello
depeneds on whether they are tailored or just emulated. The Zelda Collector's set and master quest disk were the latter and are really crap when played on gamecube hardware.

eggmayo
House of the dead on PC owns, and I love my NES emulator..

Lana
If it's something I really want but don't have the system, I'll get the ported version.

And on the imports thing...ultimately, nearly every game released in the US is an import.

JToTheP
Originally posted by Darth Jello
depeneds on whether they are tailored or just emulated. The Zelda Collector's set and master quest disk were the latter and are really crap when played on gamecube hardware.

They seem to be emulated fine if you ask me. Zelda 1 had all the original tricks and such. Master Quest was fine considering it was only released in Japan, so unless you imported, how would you compare how it is crap or not? confused

BackFire
There's more and more American made games ever year.

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.