Was it a continuation?

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Kal875
Was Superman Returns a continuation, or a remake of the 3rd one, or a whole new one.

I saw it the other day and I still don't know.

(mods feel free to do your thing)

roughrider
It's a continuation of events shown in Superman I & II, for the most part. Things referenced like Clark's father passing away but his mother is still alive, how Lex Luthor knows where the Fortress Of Solitude is ( it's why it seems he's been there before) etc. Forget Superman III & IV; we're going to pretend they didn't happen.

redcaped
In other words, old 1 & 2 are the basic but not prequels officially.

H. S. 6
Superman Returns is a "vague sequel" of Superman I & II.

redcaped
O. M. G

roughrider
Originally posted by H. S. 6
Superman Returns is a "vague sequel" of Superman I & II.

Right.

chase el
well its explained like this:

In superman 1 we see his power to bring back time. After Superman 2 everything went downhill without Donner. Even the special effects were worse. So Superman sees how this turns out and turns back time to start over again. Its a very good explaination i saw it on some superman website interviewing Bryan Singer. ala, Superman III & IV Never EXISTED.

redcaped
Some members had make me hot recently, so I'm strong enough to give away something. How about in the new sequel after a real battle with the 3 malevolent kryptonians...a catastrophe that S couldn't have stopped in time. Then in the end he swings around Earth to reestablish the cities of the world. The only way we can have these films magnified.

roughrider
He broke the rule of his father by going back in time to save Lois from death (Superman I), but it was helped that he made the decision quickly, before any more time passed. He tries to go back and change history after years have passed - results could be very twisted.

redcaped
This is a "new" sequel rough. Look at this: news all over the world...how's that woman in black? she appears to be everywhere a disaster is. S gets there faster than ever and asks her "who are you...what do you want?" then the voice of a man "she's with me" S looks on that huge man and then someone approaching "son of Jor-El, we thought our home planet was destroy...how about this one?" S says "no, you can't!" Zod "we always have good time to explore" and the three blast off in the sky taking different routes and S decides to tail Zod while the other two make the world cry. I can continue if you want.

Kal875
thanks guys

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by redcaped
This is a "new" sequel rough. Look at this: news all over the world...how's that woman in black? she appears to be everywhere a disaster is. S gets there faster than ever and asks her "who are you...what do you want?" then the voice of a man "she's with me" S looks on that huge man and then someone approaching "son of Jor-El, we thought our home planet was destroy...how about this one?" S says "no, you can't!" Zod "we always have good time to explore" and the three blast off in the sky taking different routes and S decides to tail Zod while the other two make the world cry. I can continue if you want.

Huh?!

With all due respect, redcaped, I don't understand a blessed word of this.

WrathfulDwarf
Originally posted by roughrider
Forget Superman III & IV; we're going to pretend they didn't happen.

Well, maybe not III (I like the late Richard Pryor)but yeah, IV never happen.

redcaped
Yes, you're not dealing with lifeless missiles here! And it is obvious for someone like Jor-El who warned about the incoming distortion to be well known to the congress and their people...he has a son. This time it's serious...to me.

redcaped
My message to the audience is that "this is not just an old subject but the way it is suppose to be" period.

chase el
Originally posted by chase el
well its explained like this:

In superman 1 we see his power to bring back time. After Superman 2 everything went downhill without Donner. Even the special effects were worse. So Superman sees how this turns out and turns back time to start over again. Its a very good explaination i saw it on some superman website interviewing Bryan Singer. ala, Superman III & IV Never EXISTED.

its explained here

sapphiremouse
My message to the audience is that "this is not just an old subject but the way it is suppose to be" period. im with the doctor on this one...what the hell??? smoke another one!!! blah....blah...blah...doesnt mean a thing. Is this a email from Arkaham Asylum??

redcaped
I just love S and I want my sequel with the best event from his story.

Osaka
Originally posted by roughrider
It's a continuation of events shown in Superman I & II, for the most part. Things referenced like Clark's father passing away but his mother is still alive, how Lex Luthor knows where the Fortress Of Solitude is ( it's why it seems he's been there before) etc. Forget Superman III & IV; we're going to pretend they didn't happen.

What he said! thumb up

roughrider
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf

III is still kind of entertaining, if you want more comedy. Calgary, Alberta is a fairly large city but didn't stand in very well for Metropolis, to me. The best thing is, it looks great compared to IV. roll eyes (sarcastic)

Madacapa
As far as I am concerned, this is Superman 5. We, as Superman, fans, must accept the 3rd and 4th movies as canon, and move on. Sometime after he defeated the Nuclear Man in Superman 4, he flew into space, and 5 years later he returned.

Look, I hated Superman 3 & 4, but I had to accept them as part of the big story and move on. All of you Supers out there must do the same. Deal with it!

sithsaber408
Except that the filmakers directly said that this movie comes after I and II, and that the other ones don't count.

smile

redcaped
page 2

General Kon-El
what was superman 3 and 4 confused

badabing
Originally posted by WrathfulDwarf
How can we forget NUCLEAR MAN! fear

Osaka
Superman III seems more like a Richard Pryor comedy with some superman elements mixed in.

redcaped
I want an uncut Superman IV. This movie contains all secrets and speculations we could ever think of S. Looking at it makes me believe a battle between S and Thor...erm, fan thought...but a friendly "skilled battle". Although Thor is more than N.Man

roughrider
I want an uncut Superman IV. This movie contains all secrets and speculations we could ever think of S. Looking at it makes me believe a battle between S and Thor...erm, fan thought...but a friendly "skilled battle". Although Thor is more than N.Man

An uncut Superman IV? What the f**k?

Everything they did was bad. No cutting will save it. The Cannon Group boys spent only $17 million of their $40 million budget on the film, and used the rest on their cheapo side projects.
You could carve the most beautiful sculpture out of excrement, but it's still going to smell. wink

redcaped
I just knew you were going to fall for that rider! LoOk, part IV is sh*t in general..ok?..but what I meant was the contain of expression in that movie made by err The Cannot Group Boys. Fix your nose.

roughrider
This isn't Superman 5. Superman III, it was established that Martha Kent had passed away. She's alive and around in Superman Returns.
We're paving over III & IV, like fresh asphalt getting laid on the road. big grin

redcaped
How many time should I say Christopher Reeve is not Brandom Routh. I will never mix those movies with the new ones! Messing with Superman.

rianna_d
Chris Reeve's performance is highly overrated, his superman was just fine, just like routh's, Reeve was more of a superman in real life.

redcaped
Let's just make this clear. The actor fought a long battle that would have killed anybody else for 9 long years. He made a good S but the movies are from the 80's means that people of that time didn't think as real as we do today. Now we seem to socialize reality to fiction making it acceptable and more believable.

chase el
Brandon Routh did fine.

Spacey was awesome

redcaped
A+

Deicide
"Stop or I will hurt people" - Neuclear Man
lmao!!

Deicide
yeah Spacey was awesome, specially at the beginning when he took off the wig and was like "You can keep this, the rest is mine."
LMFAO!!!

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.