Singer, Routh, and Bosworth on Pirates....

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

sithsaber408
Hilarious video of the two leads and the director of Superman Returns being asked about POTC 2 opening weekend that broke records:

http://us.video.aol.com/video.index.adp?mode=1&pmmsid=1676445

(and as most probably know, I loved the film and think that it will still break even at 250 mil. before all is said and done, and make all its profits on dvd.......

However, watching Singer, as if in a coke-induced stupor, try to answer is funny as hell!) laughing out loud

chase el
pirates of the caribean was so overrated

superman is a better movie

sorry

chase el
haha but now looking at that clip... it is hilarious to see bryan singers response. or lack there of. he reminds me of a slimmer will ferrell lol.

such a shame. with no pirates superman would have sold 300-350 mil first 2 months

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by chase el
pirates of the caribean was so overrated

superman is a better movie

sorry

Chase el, he said in his disclaimer that he loved Superman Returns, not Pirates, so your "sorry" shot makes no sense.

Even without, Pirates coming out, there is no way Supes makes 300-350 million at the box office. In any case, if it was so good, why should it matter what else came out this summer? Supes had the jump on Pirates and had time for positive word of mouth to spread. If Supes had been as good as advertised, it should have made bank before Pirates even hit screens.

.Dance_Inside.
^^^Ok..we get it that you hate Superman Returns stop repeating yourself it's really annoying!

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by .Dance_Inside.
^^^Ok..we get it that you hate Superman Returns stop repeating yourself it's really annoying!

I could say the same thing about everybody that keeps saying nothing but positive things about the film, against all evidence to the contrary.

roughrider
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
I could say the same thing about everybody that keeps saying nothing but positive things about the film, against all evidence to the contrary.

You damn, dirty ape!!!! big grin

Dr. Zaius
Originally posted by roughrider
You damn, dirty ape!!!! big grin

I know.

.Dance_Inside.
haha. Thats hilarious...Byran Singer was like clueness laughing

Dr. Zaius
Wow. Singer looks both lost and defensive at the same time. Temper, temper. I wonder if WB has come to repossess his home and new Ferari yet.

chase el
Originally posted by Dr. Zaius
Chase el, he said in his disclaimer that he loved Superman Returns, not Pirates, so your "sorry" shot makes no sense.

Even without, Pirates coming out, there is no way Supes makes 300-350 million at the box office. In any case, if it was so good, why should it matter what else came out this summer? Supes had the jump on Pirates and had time for positive word of mouth to spread. If Supes had been as good as advertised, it should have made bank before Pirates even hit screens.

Superman DEFINATELY would have sold more if pirates had not come out. ITS a SEQUEL. Spiderman 2 did alot better than the original Spiderman. Superman Returns is the first of a trilogy and it did better than the first films of those 2 trilogys. I saw pirates today and i can definately say i was disapointed. What kind of dumb comment is saying supermans sales wouldnt have been better without pirates of the carribean. Sequels always do better. Spiderman 3 will smash all kind of records when that comes out. Get off the Superman Boards if you hate him so much. Go get some monkey love of the Planet of the Apes Board. Happy Dance

xmarksthespot
Spider-Man 2 made less box office than Spider-Man. no expression

The 1978 Superman film made an inflation-adjusted $320 million domestic. The sequel to that about $220 million after taking into account inflation.

So what have we learned?

No, Superman Returns has not done better than its predecessor films.
No, sequels do not always do better than the prior film.

chase el
Spiderman 2 did better than Spiderman 1. Spiderman 1 benefitted overall from its 2 DVD realeases. And we are talking modern Superhero movies, not the only one 20 years ago

xmarksthespot
Spider-Man 2 made less box office than Spider-Man in its domestic run. no expression

Both the first Pirates and first Spider-Man made more domestic than Superman Returns will make. Spider-Man's opening weekend of $115 million was the record holder until Pirates 2. no expression

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

Femi32
Originally posted by xmarksthespot

No, sequels do not always do better than the prior film.

Some sequels don't always make more than their prior installments, but Return of the King is an exception.

meep-meep
Originally posted by xmarksthespot
Spider-Man 2 made less box office than Spider-Man in its domestic run. no expression

Both the first Pirates and first Spider-Man made more domestic than Superman Returns will make. Spider-Man's opening weekend of $115 million was the record holder until Pirates 2. no expression

You obviously have no idea what you're talking about.

lol

MattDay
what are you all talking about

superman returns looks like to have the legs anywho

looking at the american box office the films revenue is going back up, the pirates film did hinder supermans box office takings, but the people that went to see the pirates film are now coming to see superman, just there are more people who casually go to cinema once a month than the dorks who see the same film 8 times...

In the UK superman is holding his own against pirates because it got released after superman, so its the other way around here, superman has done okay so far, it'll stand like batman did, the world works in weird ways, and so are the people who live in it (weird)

MattDay
P.S. Brian Singer looks upset that pirates is doing so well because in quality its just as good and the story is just as good, so there isn't no reason why it should be doing as good as it is over superman.

very mature and alarmingly cool responses from the younger cast members of superman, it it a good thing? who knows huh

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.