Starcraft vs. Halo

Text-only Version: Click HERE to see this thread with all of the graphics, features, and links.

Blaxican Hydra
The Zerg, protoss, and Terrain take on the allied UNSC and Covanent forces.

They are fighting for a string of five plabets, the Terrain is completely unknown to both forces, and the weather conditions are extreme.

On planet 1, the terrain is desert like, with a temperature of around 105 degrees. It's made up of sandy dunes and cliffs.

Planet 2 is lush forest like,the weather is average, but very humid. It's made up of thick forests.

Planet 3 is a tundra planet. temperaure is about 10 degrees below 0, and is made up of snow, snow, snow. The oceans themselves are almost completely frozen. Their are two mountains, each jutting up to about to 10,000 feet.

Above the planets, the shis are fighting in a massive asteroid field, meaning that each race cant just mass their cruisers and fighters and attack. They must use strategy.

Each rcae can use all of their heros from the games. halo can have MC, and uh...sargent Johnson, ect.

Starcraft: Fenix, Raynor, w/e.

Burning thought
this is unfair, the Halo dudes are brown bread lol

NINJ4_BL4D3
Originally posted by Burning thought
this is unfair, the Halo dudes are brown bread lol

eek! .................. laughing

looldude
mass psi storms = good.

Blaxican Hydra
M'kay, if it seems liek my post was a bit cu off, thats because it was. I still have some rules to list.

As I said, Halo team has every hero, they've got arbiter, johnson, MC of course, and Fred, Linda, and Kelly....Mckay...

Satrcraft gets Fenix bith forms (Dragoon and zealot), Raynor on his hovercycle, he can get on and off as he chooses. Tassasdar, blady blah.

Halo does NOT get that uber covanent destroyer thingy thats in the end of fall of reach, the one that like shoots invisable bullets and blows up entire cruisers. Starcraft does NOT hav the protoss ability to basicly blow up a world, the one they showed in the cutscene. Halo team CANNOT glass a planet if they lose it.

The reason why its 3v2 is because the Covanenty fleet aloen is more than a match for most of the Terran ships, and the UNSC and Covanent combined WTFpwn the zerg like nothing. So in essence, it's nto unfair at all. The only advantage the sc team would have on the ground, and in space is that they have more numbers, and all protoss units are shielded.

SaTsuJiN
bleh.. seige tanks.... cruiser with yamato just toys with the base

then the carriers start spittin out endless torrents of drones as dark templars rip apart the ground forces

zergs send in the hydras, infest the abused base.. start spawning mutated UNSC and Cov troops to do their bidding

ghost gets lockdown... kaboom

looldude
protoss cannot "blow" up a planet.

also, it might be 5 races for the starcraft since potentially the hybrid and xel'naga races might be in starcraft II

Tha C-Master
I just finished a starcraft match 5 minutes ago, god that game is like sex...

Burning thought
blowing up planets is crap, theres no point, the protoss just erase everything on it and then take it for themselves if they want it

Blaxican Hydra
I already said...

A) No blowing up, or ERASING planets. Nothing that can wipe out everything on a planet at once. Each team has to actually FIGHT for each planet.

B) I stated the races that will e used in this match already, so even if their was some "sewcret" race in SC I (Which their isn't) or more races in SC II they aren't included.

Siege Tnkas are = to Scorpians, AND wraith tanks.

A carrier would have almost NO battle room, orbiting the planets is a massive asteroid field, so, as I said earlier, Capital ships justg as Carriers, Battle cruisers, Covanent frigates, Covvie carriers, UNSC frigates, destroyers, and cruisers- would not be able to just move around anywere they want.

Also, Im betting that a covanent Frigate could probably kill a BC in one or two hits.

Dark Templars = Invisable Elites. And, MC has killed invisable units before. Seeing as the DT and invisable elites cloak the same way (Bending light, and blending in with surroundings) they would nnot be foreign with each other.

Hydralisks won't be able to just "take" over a base. I have killed an entire army of hydralisks, with just three bunkers with three supply deposts in front of em, and two siege tanks behind the bunkers. With the covanent Shades, Banshees, all those Scorpian tanks, and the added bonus of Fred, Kelly, Linda, and MC himself as well as Arbiter- I don't think it will be THAT easy for Starcraft team to win.

I have a feeling that Linda with a Sniper rifle is more than a match for an average ghost.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra

Hydralisks won't be able to just "take" over a base. I have killed an entire army of hydralisks, with just three bunkers with three supply deposts in front of em, and two siege tanks behind the bunkers. With the covanent Shades, Banshees, all those Scorpian tanks, and the added bonus of Fred, Kelly, Linda, and MC himself as well as Arbiter- I don't think it will be THAT easy for Starcraft team to win.

I have a feeling that Linda with a Sniper rifle is more than a match for an average ghost.

you killed hydras with starcraft units.... but not with halo units.. next...

ghosts most likely travel outside of visual range in addition to cloaking themselves... its obvious they're not frontline units

protoss are cybernetic technology + zealotry.... unlikely that a dark templar is equal to an elite... they didnt get banned for being dark templars for nothing

Anthony$Billy
okay i say it like this.....

the air of SC would kill the Halo Air beacuse The MUtalisk,Scoorge,Aspects,Carriers,Scouts,COsairs,B
attlecursers,wraiths, would all get cloaked from hella arbiters. ANd the thousforth they will analy and strootom rape halo...

BUt on the ground i find it like this

Dark Templars<Elites cloaked
Zerglings<Grunts
Hydralisk>Elites marines
Guradians<Most of the veichels
Tank=scripoins
and yadda yadda so in the end SC wins Happy Dance and what "Tha C-Master" said that game is like sec with three pills of vagria and a big brestaed girl...

Blaxican Hydra
Originally posted by SaTsuJiN
you killed hydras with starcraft units.... but not with halo units.. next...

ghosts most likely travel outside of visual range in addition to cloaking themselves... its obvious they're not frontline units

protoss are cybernetic technology + zealotry.... unlikely that a dark templar is equal to an elite... they didnt get banned for being dark templars for nothing

And how do you knwo that SC untis are stronger than Halo units?

Halo Marines can take ALOT more hits from Covanent plasma, while MArines can only take 2 hits from a dragoon's plasma. So, Halo marines might better than starcraft marines. SC units might very well be better than starcraft units.

Cloaking ghosts won't matter. And distance matters not when your using a sniper rifle.

Unless of course your saying that a canister rifle has more range then a Sniper rifle?

Anthony$Billy
ghost nukes owns all

Blaxican Hydra
Halo has nukes to. And theirs are more powerful.

The starcraft nuke can abrely take out 4 supply deposts.

The Halo HAVOK tacticul nuke destroyed an entire major city.

SaTsuJiN
Originally posted by Blaxican Hydra
And how do you knwo that SC untis are stronger than Halo units?

Halo Marines can take ALOT more hits from Covanent plasma, while MArines can only take 2 hits from a dragoon's plasma. So, Halo marines might better than starcraft marines. SC units might very well be better than starcraft units.

Cloaking ghosts won't matter. And distance matters not when your using a sniper rifle.

Unless of course your saying that a canister rifle has more range then a Sniper rifle?

you said marines covered by a bunker + supply depot... thats alot more than 'just a marine'

even sniper rifles have maximum range of efficiency... otherwise noone would use anything else

Blaxican Hydra
I know. I'm saying that in order for a ghost to use any of his attacks he would have to be at least a football field or two away from his target. Thats in the range of a Sniper rifle.

And the futureistic halo one probably has even greater range...

Anthony$Billy
goliaths will help.... so will carriers... and Lurkers do the halo peeps have any um um um what are they oh yeah cloack decotrs

Blaxican Hydra
Yep. We like to call em, thermal vision. Not to mention of course that their would be a huge mountain of dirt left over by the Lurkers burrowing.

Goliaths can be taken out by a single blast from a a Sorpian take, while a siege tank can barely kill a Zealot in two hits.

Carriers wouldn't even be able to get to the planet because of the asteroid field, and as soon as it moved Covanent ships which would be all over it. Must I mention again that a Covvie ship could kill a BC in about two-three hits?

Way to not read anything I posted Billy.

SaTsuJiN
I think he meant the overlords... (the invisible unit detectors).... those basically nullify any stealth forces of the halo side heh

arbiters are pretty cool.. that massive cloaking

Anthony$Billy
well seeing as how halo is so strong then SC would lose... now maybe if they had flood to help the SC that might help with the land fighting. but i think halo might comeout the vicotr

Anthony$Billy
ohhh ohhh m THe empire and the rebluic vs halo that would be aswome

USMC-Seven-Sins
If its surrounded by Asteroids how did they get the units on the planet. I know this one, transports with the beam things but cant the zerg scourges blow up on them and kill them and then they have the infested terrans which kills just about any unit in 1 or 2 hits. So the zerg makes those and the Halo people are done. And wuld the zerg side with the Flood because their almost the same.......... and if a Scorpian=Siege tank scorpian can kill MC in 1 or 2 hits. Infested Terrans kill siege tanks in 1 or 2 hits, and a scorpian kills a halo marine in one hit, same with a shot in the head. So wouldnt the Zerg win right there? Scourges can destroy the Cov Ships because there is so many they cant possibly shoot them all down before they hit especially since they only have that big beam cannon.

USMC-Seven-Sins
Also if they sent Wraiths in space i don't think MC has fought an invis unit in space and since space all black it would be about 10 times harder to see. And SC cloaking is way different then Halo cloaking.

Lyna303
Originally posted by looldude
protoss cannot "blow" up a planet.

also, it might be 5 races for the starcraft since potentially the hybrid and xel'naga races might be in starcraft II
so reallly...is there really going to be a starcraft 2?

USMC-Seven-Sins
The protoss also has Abritor which can Recall reinforcements, and stasis field MC and the other Spartan's.

dark99
Not to mention a dark archon mind controlling an entire ship full of people and a zealot is ten times stronger than an elite. Their shields can take multiple tank shots and since a scorpion is equal to a seige tank then two zealots would easily be enough to take out two or three tanks. As for zerg the zerglings would crush grunts. Zerglings don't run away and they move really fast. Not to mention that they are just plain scary and will rip anything in their way to shreds. Dark templars are another powerful tool. They are completely invisible and can kill anyone with a single strike. A few of those getting behind enemy lines would cause havoc.

In the air the combined power of the terrans, zerg, and protoss will crush anything. A carrier has at least enough fighters to destroy numerous UNSC ships and probably a few covenent before it is destroyed. As many people have mentioned scourges can take down ships with ease and it only takes about five or six scourge to blow up any one capital ship. Considering the zerg would probably be able to throw hundreds of them at an oncoming fleet. There might not be any covenent or UNSC ships left to engage.

USMC-Seven-Sins
I Wonder if the Overmind would be able to control the Flood. They are brainless like most zerg and easy to predict.

Liquid_Fire
Protoss technology is better than Covenant seeing they can survive nukes easily. The Nukes in the games cannot be used as reference because everything is out of scale as far as size goes. I mean, a tank is almost as big as a Star Port and those things are HUUUGE.

But the zerg would completely own this. As I said before, a single Zerg brood, a small one at that, almost completely blacked out a planet. From space, all you saw was a black sphere, no planet. There are simply enough zerg to do that. Terran BC's would most likely beat most UNCS cruisers seeing as they are loaded with nukes, as well as a Yamato cannon. Plus they have rapid fire laser turrets, all that. Yada yada... Zerg take this, sheer number. As in several trillion.

Blax X
Z0mg!

You never posted on my MC versus Fenix match did you?

doan_m
some Calc for Halo ships

Of course, the MAC probably could acceelerate at 12,000 gees and get away with alot fewer of the problems I postulated previously. Momentum is still pretty brutal (3.6e12 kg*m/s 3600 gees acceleration in the opposite direction) but if the hsip is moving at relatavistic speeds, it might offfset that some. KE would be 2.16e19 joules - about 5 gigatons.

According to Wong's asteroid destruction calculator, the AJ guns that melted/vaporized the 3km asteroid fired plasma energy ~200 Gigatons, iirc. That's not including the energy that fired out the side, considering the plasma was changed from a ball into a beam

OMG-Toothpaste
As stated before Protoss technology is far more advanced than the Covenants,
Think about it:
Siege = Scorpion
Scorpion kills 1+ group of elites in one shot and wounds all nearby the explosion
Siege kills 1 zealot after a couple shots
that means that the Zealots are a shitload more powerful than the Elites
and the Dark Templar cloaking is way better than the Elites as well,
It still just bends light, but it cant be deactivated, only slighty altered...
if you hit an Cloaked Elite they instantly become decloaked
They're blades are also twice as powerful, the only down factor is the elites can lunge

and in space,
the yamato cannons on the BC (also standard laser cannons)
the interceptors on the carriers
and the scourge
can more or less take on the entire Halo fleet and win asteroids or not,
the yamato cannons blast through anything... including rocks...
the interceptors are so fast and manuverable they cant be shot down right away or crash easily
and there are so many scourge they cant all be taken out

long story short, Halo forces would be wiped out right away...
but I say we wait for Halo Wars before we make any more major judgements

Burning thought
the halo forces have no chance laughing

who says a scorp tank is as good as a Terran tank, the Terran Tank first has two barrels, combined with the fact it can transform into siege mode to launch long range blasts of energy, the Terran tanks would simply annhilate almost all Halo opposition on the ground with all the siege guns fireing, also on the ground Protoss Dark archons and Dark templar stealthing around absolutly destroying any elites or covenant infantry. Terran marines are a lot like space marines in Warhammer, their badass, dont mess with them, their like super soldiers.

in Space like said before, Zerg=trillions...the numbers alone would be overwhelming not to menstion scourges can bring down caps in no time, yamoto guns on BC would erase most Halo ships.

Starcraft take it...also if you enter the new Starcraft 2 protoss beam ships and the mothership, then Halo can say its prayers

Guilty Gear
Edit

doan_m
If anything, in space the Covenant would severely annihilate the protoss. Consider this: Your normal extermination fleet consist of 300 ships. If the Covenant actually want to commit to extermination they send around 500 ships. The offensive forces that were present on Chu Sara in Starcraft were only some 70 ships. To add on to that, the Covenant have a nasty tendency to have point defence weaponry fire at ranges of 300,000km + at the absolute bare minimum. Why is this a bare minimum? Because velocities of point defence weapons on a covenant cruiser are actually stated to be 300,000 km/s while plasma torpedoes have velocities of 150,000km/s. Not only would they have vicious superiority in range they do however have the harrowing firepower necessary to field massive firepower. Remember, most planetary bombardments occur with conventional weaponry. That is to say that each projectile has to have a massive amount of energy to be able to penetrate the crust, burn up the atmosphere, vaporize oceans etc etc. Now most would most likely jump up saying that there not allowed to glass a planet. But do I state that they are glassing a protoss occupied planet? No. I'm merely benchmarking the relevant firepower capabilities of covenant ships(i'm well aware of the OP's "no planet killing" rule). It's not like that kind of massive firepower would only work on planets. Its more then suffice to say that it would have absolutely devastating effects on a protoss ship or even a mothership(which as of Blizzcon has severely hit nerfbait with timebomb, black hole, planet cracker removed). To add on to that the Covenant have vicious sensors, vicious enough to actually smell a ship in slipstream from billion of kilometers away. It's simply more then suffice to say that the Covenant pack a severe superiority in space.

Darkstorm Zero
This sorta reminds me of a thread I had a hand in 2 years ago...

Covenant vs the 501st legion.

OMG-Toothpaste
That would be pretty cool, kind of evenly matched in a way...

Darkstorm Zero
We restriced it to almost purely ground battle, no space based orbital assaults. the battlefield was Hoth... and the Covenant took the place of the Rebels.

TricksterPriest
The newer SC 2 units seem like they would decimate the Halo guys....... whistle

BlaxicanHydra
The Zerg alone would easily destroy every army/navy in the Haloverse combined.

Burning thought
Originally posted by doan_m
If anything, in space the Covenant would severely annihilate the protoss. Consider this: Your normal extermination fleet consist of 300 ships. If the Covenant actually want to commit to extermination they send around 500 ships. The offensive forces that were present on Chu Sara in Starcraft were only some 70 ships. To add on to that, the Covenant have a nasty tendency to have point defence weaponry fire at ranges of 300,000km + at the absolute bare minimum. Why is this a bare minimum? Because velocities of point defence weapons on a covenant cruiser are actually stated to be 300,000 km/s while plasma torpedoes have velocities of 150,000km/s. Not only would they have vicious superiority in range they do however have the harrowing firepower necessary to field massive firepower. Remember, most planetary bombardments occur with conventional weaponry. That is to say that each projectile has to have a massive amount of energy to be able to penetrate the crust, burn up the atmosphere, vaporize oceans etc etc. Now most would most likely jump up saying that there not allowed to glass a planet. But do I state that they are glassing a protoss occupied planet? No. I'm merely benchmarking the relevant firepower capabilities of covenant ships(i'm well aware of the OP's "no planet killing" rule). It's not like that kind of massive firepower would only work on planets. Its more then suffice to say that it would have absolutely devastating effects on a protoss ship or even a mothership(which as of Blizzcon has severely hit nerfbait with timebomb, black hole, planet cracker removed). To add on to that the Covenant have vicious sensors, vicious enough to actually smell a ship in slipstream from billion of kilometers away. It's simply more then suffice to say that the Covenant pack a severe superiority in space.

you still cannot possibly state that protess are any weaker than covenants because their weapons are not stated in numbers, sizes or ranges from what ive read. All we know is that they can vaporise a planets surface..besides none of the covenant ships will fire their guns at protoss ships..why? because Dark archons have control of the captains who are making them attack their own ships...

anyway as Blaxian said, Zerg alone are such an enormous group that they would simply swallow the haloverse

yes it seems motherships have been nerfed but at least in-game u can have more of them, sad ill miss their abilities tho, shame they had to be removed

DarkC
Why doesn't anyone acknowledge the proportionate dangerousness of the Flood? Do the words "Not even a single Flood cell could be allowed to escape" mean nothing?

BlaxicanHydra
Because the Flood will kill anything and everything. The Zerg have been shown to show allegiance and control.. the Flood just kill all.

DarkC
Originally posted by BlaxicanHydra
Because the Flood will kill anything and everything. The Zerg have been shown to show allegiance and control.. the Flood just kill all.
As far as I can tell, Zerg have not shown the brains to figure out how to drive or pilot foreign vehicles, let alone capital ships.

BlaxicanHydra
They have not, but then again they don't need to.

And what I meant by control I meant the Zerg can resist the temptation to maul there human allies. The Flood... they just kill everything. It's in there programming I guess.

DarkC
The Zerg resist the temptation not because of their own accord, but because of a great, more intelligent mind. They have absolutely no sense of autonomy at all. Kerrigan was kind enough to hold her brood back from wiping Fenix and Raynor when they were helping her out.

The Flood, so far as I can tell, have no great mind to control all their actions. Gravemind doesn't count, because when he sent Chief and Arbiter to find the Index (which is really BAD for the Flood, by the way), Flood still attacked them.

Burning thought
Zerg are greater than the flood, the Zerg as Blaxian says have a lot greater intellect and their a lot stronger

all i remember of what i played of the flood however is in the first Halo, ridiculous little gas sack creatures jumping on me and zombie like things

DarkC
I see, and what do you classify the Flood's ability to pilot capital ships and vehicles as, "lucky"? The ability to weild and figure out weapons?

The Zerg may be stronger unit-to-unit, but they're still heavily outnumbered.

Yes, each of those little "gas sack" infection forms are armed with a razor-tipped tentacle which can penetrate reinforced armor and use to tap their host's spinal cord and jumble it up to their heart's content. And every time you kill one more take its place.

Not to mention the Flood combat forms, they're highly durable and can wield weapons.

Burning thought
heavily out numbered, i think not m8, every zerg brood has over half a million creatures in it at least and in the first game there are about 8 zerg broods known of, it also says many are not spoken off and thats just the first game a little while before the expansion pack which adds more broods as well as Sarah kerrigan who while in control for some reason had access to certain new creatures the Overmind did not have

besides the ability to use weapons and vehichles doesnt show greater intelligence, i agree maybe each flood creature is probably more intelligent than the average zergling but far from the Overmind itself not to menstion Zerg have no need to use guns because their own bladed arms and spines and acid they protect are far more powerful, the mutalisk who probably has one of the weakest acid attacks known to the zerg launches a glaive worm that can disintegrate through about 4 layers of the terran command center, and its more heavily armored than most of the Halo buildings from what ive seen in the games.

comparing their acid to a guardians whos acid is incredible enough to even smash the highly technologically advanced and shielded protoss protoss armored weapons and buildings would easily cancel out any ability to defeat the zerg and thats just one of them, considering there are billions upon billions of zerg the Haloverse cannot win. Especially if you take into account anything the Zerg destory or get weakened they can infest and control as their own weapon

DarkC

BlaxicanHydra
Heavily outnumbered? Neg. The Zerg number in the Trillions. And the flood aren't intelligent because they can wield weapons and pilot ships, the hosts that they infect are intelligent, sentient beings that they take over, they then sap whatever intelligence they can from there host. The ACTUAL Flood themselves are not that intelligent.

DarkC
Heavily outnumbered? Neg. The Zerg number in the Trillions.
List of Zerg Broods
Taken directly from the game manual.

There's my proof, Blaxican. Where's yours?

Precisely, Blaxican. The Flood infection forms absorb knowledge and intelligence from it's host, who happens, most of the time, to be smart. That doesn't technically change anything, because that knowledge is still there.

Seeing as how the Infection Forms infest pretty much anything they touch, I'd say that was still a particularly dangerous trait of theirs. Wouldn't you?

BlaxicanHydra
That's Wikipedia crylaugh

I'm going to edit that right now to say 1 trillion.

The average flood is dumb as a rock. They do only what there genetic coding tells them to do. It's only when they get a host that they attain any sort of "intelligence". erm

Possibly. Could they do the same thing do the same thing to the Zerg? Actually... who cares? If I decided to include the Flood it would be game over for EVERYONE anyway, as the Flood don't pick sides, while the Zerg do.

BlaxicanHydra
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Zerg_Brood#Tiamat_Brood

eek! laughing

I win this pseudo-debate.

DarkC
That's Wikipedia crylaugh

I'm going to edit that right now to say 1 trillion.
When you have technically no proof to say otherwise?
Don't be such an idiot, Blaxican. You realise that even if you don't log on, it records your IP Address if you're editing it anonymously and Blizzard folks drop by to make sure their information is accurate every now and then.

Simply making a claim and pretending it's fact when you have absolutely no proof otherwise even when asked is beyond stupid. As is saying "That's Wikipedia" and implying that it's false information.

Go check the SC game manual yourself. That's my proof.

Yes, I had already agreed to that, Blaxican. I never denied it in the first place. Intelligence, inherent or not, is still intelligence.

Why are you still going on about it as if it had meant something?

Oh, I see, you're pitting three powerful races against two. See, this is what you've done:

Protoss has a counterpart: Covenant.
Terran has a counterpart: UNSC.
Zerg? Well, let's just let the Zerg swarm the Covenant and UNSC! Hey! Even though they're lore-wise, powerful enough to take both Protoss and Terran!

How is this fair? It isn't.

How very mature, Blaxican.

They got their information straight from the Starcraft playing manual, as I said. And you have the balls to stupidly alter it.

I can see that your IP is 69.181.214.151. Thanks, I can do something handy with it. I'm sure Blizzard would appreciate it.

BlaxicanHydra
Duh, I realized it. I knew from the moment that I edited ti that in a short time the information will be put back in place. I did it for kicks. You don't understand what "doing things for kicks" means though, I know. I would never edit something like that if I knew it was permanent, or I wouldn't get caught.

I wasn't implying it was false information, your funny for thinking that. I was expecting a website citing the manual or something, but when I saw it was Wikipedia I got the idea to edit it, which made em laugh.

D'ut nneed to. Why? Because it doesn't matter to me. Unlike you, I'm not desperate to get into any debate I can and win it by any means. Hell, I'm not even debating. I'm screwing with you.

True.

http://www.importadoravolta.cl/my%20pictures/neo1.jpg
"Because I choose to."

No.. just stating the facts. The flood are too stupid and ravenous to pick sides. Not my fault that they eat everything they see stick out tongue

Yeah, life ain't fair though. Sucks for the Halo forces.

For sh*ts and giggles.

They won't give two sh*ts. Here's what will happen (I've seen a bud of mine do this before, so I know.) They'll check back, see that someone's altered it, and fix it, then they'll IP ban me from Wikipedia.

Big whoop. Don't even bother threatening me. "Oooooo0o0o Blaxican I'm gonan tell Blizzard on you, lolZ!" laughing

DarkC

Burning thought
Darkc seems to just love the flood and add to their abilities while reducing that of the Zerg, m8 read the books of the zerg, although i cba to find the name in one of them one glaive worm melts through about 3/4 layers of armoured flooring as stated in the book, the bunker is not as heavily armoured as a command center....nice try tho

the starcraft 1 manual is out of date, it does not accord brood wars numbers not to menstion you have no idea how many broods there could be in starcraft, for all you know there could be trillions of them, the weak amount of force protecting the new overmind number in the millions

what rubbish is this? all acid the zerg use is the same..yes right, thats why the guardians Acid explodes and in-game deals far more damage....if its the same acid why does the guardians explode or is it a lame way of you trying to push things into your favour..hmm interesting and he calls me a fanboy..is a fanboy anyone who doesnt agree with you?...okie.your a Halo flood fanboy... roll eyes (sarcastic)

also you say the Overmind is dead, i dont remember Blaxian saying the time period for the races confused ime afraid that argument does not hold nor does it that you say most of the tiamat is dead either...sorry but it doesnt hold at all, all it says are that the zerg are fighting and ALL heroes are available for the sides and believe it or not, Overmind is counted as a hero..read the beloved starcraft Manual, its not far from the back in the heroes section...

the only way that this can go is the unkilled and barely intelligent blood who can barely fire weapons run like drunks at the Zerg launching the low calibre halo weaponry like the drunks they seem to fire like in the games and then the powerfully armoured and armed zerg forces use their bio weaponry to disintergrate the freaks from range...dead and gone not to menstion the little gas balls who if they do manage to tap their little claw through powerful zerg carapace they will find no humanoid spinal columb to link to....then they die...

sorry but the only way the flood would win against the zerg is if the Overmind simply burst and died from the thought of the inferior flood creatures

DarkC

Burning thought
roll eyes (sarcastic) L2 read....i said the new overmind...new...the new one had few forces protecting it and they were over 2 million strong also your "overmind cannot control" rubbish has no strong evidence behind it, his cerebrates are loyal to him and he can stop any of them at any given time, he says so himself, even if they bicker, they are not his advisers they are simply part of him, like a slab of brain from himself obviously not literally but thats what their like that hes using to control the hordes, any indivduality they show is personality and their high intelligence yet they cannot do anything against the overmind, he says so in i think the second mission briefing so as i said before,there "could" be well over 100 zerg broods for all we know since zerg seem to pop up everywhere...infact how can you even try and deny the overminds intellect span? he never says limits, infact there are a lot of times in the game, both of them where unnamed cerebrates crop up....

also your putting them in a bad light by even trying to compare them to halo organisations, you even try and compare the UNCE and covenant armor to marine and protoss, its like comparing warhammer 40k space marines against the soldiers of today in real armies....Terran marines fire weapons more powerful and more developed and wear super power suits, often said to be copied of warhammer with all the support systems and amplifiers they get, one terran marine is likely to take on a spartan and would easily take on large groups of the average trooper with his supersonic fiering explosive rounds. Taking all this into account you have to realise that:

Terran armor>UNCE obvious...their far more advanced and their armor can withstand shots from their own greater weapons than the UNCE

Terran tank armor<Ultralisk armor from the zerg, as well as Zerg ultralisk blades>Terran tank armor

the covenants are simliar with the protoss, not to menstion their grunts are pathetic and even their elites die incredibly quickly against UNCE assault rifles..taking into account assault rifle<supersonic gauss rifle we can easily tell an elite would prob die from one shot, supersonic explosive rounts...honestly and the Zerg can survive several rounds which shows they are far more durable anything to flood has faced, also what makes you think even if the Zerg do have spines which isnt confirmed 100% but if they do, what makes you think they could take over a zerg or infest it...its diffrent from a humanoid

also were forgetting al together that although their armor is far greater than what the flood has ever hit against, they can regenerate, in seconds Zerg can reform organs and tissue, every wound if the flood get close at all and actually can cause any damage can be reformed since they dont have the weapons of either the terran or the protoss

OMG-Toothpaste
Im sorry to report that you all are just bashing in your favor...

-Flood ARE NOT personally intelligent but they do sap the intelligence of their host and therefore have some form of intelect
-The Zerg DO have some intelligence, they just have no independence, they can't think for themselves.
-Both Zerg and Flood mass to an uncountable number, the constantly multiplying flood on the Halo Ringworlds, and the massively large, still surviving, broods of the Starcraft which contain and estimated count of 1,000,000,000

And from my perspective from playing the games, reading the history of the groups and reading this discussion, both teams are evenly matched, because they both posses the potential to wipe out the other 2 forces in their game.
And if they were to fight the battle would probably last for hundreds of years before one side was totally devoured into the other...

And you did create a one sided match between the 2 games Blaxcian, and that is against the rules so your lucky this thread hasn't been closed yet so don't go around boasting about how lifes unfair, cuz the rules in this is that it has to be fair, wether u like it or not...

But Blaxcian you ARE becoming immature in your own discussion which doesnt make you look very good.

BlaxicanHydra
Originally posted by OMG-Toothpaste
And you did create a one sided match between the 2 games Blaxcian, and that is against the rules so your lucky this thread hasn't been closed yet so don't go around boasting about how lifes unfair, cuz the rules in this is that it has to be fair, wether u like it or not...

But Blaxcian you ARE becoming immature in your own discussion which doesnt make you look very good.

At the TIME I made this thread, a f*cking YEAR ago, I HONESTLY believed that even without the Flood the Covenent and UNSC would stand a fair chance against the combined Starcraft forces. So no, it wasn't unfair, in my mind, when I first made this. I realized later that Halo forces would get raped and are outnumbered, so I stopped psoting here. ALSO, when I realized that, I reported for this to be closed. It wasn't. So, eh. I never expected someone to revive this.

Burning thought
thats a very fair and good view on the debate OMG

BlaxicanHydra
OMG no wai!

DarkC

DarkC

DarkC
-Flood ARE NOT personally intelligent but they do sap the intelligence of their host and therefore have some form of intelect
And I've agreed to that point some time ago. Thanks for keeping up.

That still makes them possess the intellect and capacity to do certain things, which is the point I've been trying to make.

Burning thought
once again you miss a lot of points and are wrong, what you seem to think are facts are obviously mislead...ime sorry

first evidence proving there were millions protecting it?...l2 play the game...on the very mission you capture it, they said they had killed Zerg in the millions trying to get the new overmind, obviously this shows your lack of starcraft knowledge if ime showing lack of halo knowledge

if ime a flourbag of nonsense you must be an entire bakers shop of nonsense, first i said there could be trillions of Zerg, 2nd theres no proof or evidence to state he could not control trillions of cerebrates even if i actually stated he could because hes an enormous brain, can you even imagine the amount of things the human brain, the size of a coconut/melon can do, millions of insructions it can carry out, thats what the Overmind is, a massive brain however the Overmind is enormous, looking at it nearly the size of a block of flats or small skyscraper and twice as wide, its a brain and theres no evidence to prove there is a limit to the number of cerebrates it can control. They bicker ofcourse, thats their personality, yet their still a part of his mind, their linked to him yet he can kill any of his servants with but a thought so they could never rise against him also in the early times there are no renegade zerg, anything linked to cerebrate is under control they only go renegate if they lose the link.

also about the first briefing, although the point i was making in one of them he does say that they are bound to him, the cerebrates but you brought up another point, why would he exaggerate? its not a human being, the overmind is an ancient entity who controls and wills, he wouldnt exaggerate, the Zerg swarms are innumerable, without number simply because their constantly multiplying which is why their such a great power in the starcraft universe and how its going to be impossible for the flood to beat, their basically super flood, swarming in numbers only they are incredibly potent unlike the flood which seem drunken and zombielike, the overmind and kerrigen give them the mind they need.

easy level, no m8...even on legendary they cant take too much of a bashing compared to a Zerg hydralisk or a warrior that would could at least try to compare judging by roles.

are you completly ignorant to my posts or something? ill lay it out for you, i was comparing the convenant and USCE with terrans for the purpose of showing terran weaponry is far superior and that the flood can get shot down by their weaponry quite easily wheras the Zerg can survive a lot more punishment from the superior terran weapons than the flood do to the inferior USCE, even their Zerglings which come in vast numbers can survive a large volley of gauss rifle fire. Also you obviously missed something, the Gauss rifle supersonic rounds are designed to maim Zerg, and Terrans are trained to maim zerg because the Zerg are without number especially compared to the Terrans and they live by the rule a wounded creature can be more of a hinderence than a dead one to the zerg..however you clearly dont understand that A: this is the sort of weapon scout forces and exploration groups use, also that a supersonic bolt from a guass rifle is likely to cause incredible damage, smashing through the skull or the body and B: when they fight the zerg to kill them, they use the explosive uranium rounds, which explode after piercing armor...yet Zergling survive several volleys showing great durability from the weakest zerg creature

regardless of spines or nervous system...the little things wont bread into powerful Zerg armor, read above...their not thin armored covenants or USCE...also thats an interesting question, Zerg or an elite with blade..considering the elites weapon can even cause much damage at all hed have to be fast, the zergling leaps great distances and great speed not to menstion if it reaches the elite, its a gonner..besides its only a zergling..cannon fodder, if it was a Hydralisk, your brute and hunters can run. Not to menstion your point on the Warthogs gauss cannon is now invalid, due to the fact now you know terrans prepared to kill use explosive rounds, the warhog shows no evidence of such lethal ammuntion.

the flood wont necesserily get close at all....they wont because the Zerg dont need to drop ground troops, if the flood was actually any threat at all the zerg mutalisks and guardians would destroy the flood from the air and range.

Burning thought
OMG no wai!

hehe i ment his opinion is a fair opinion, wether its the last word remains to be seen.

BlaxicanHydra
hehe i ment his opinion is a fair opinion, wether its the last word remains to be seen. I know stick out tongue

DarkC

DarkC

DarkC

doan_m
you still cannot possibly state that protoss are any weaker than covenants because their weapons are not stated in numbers, sizes or ranges from what ive read.

Yet its still proof as to the capabilities of the covenant and what kind of maddening things that there space technology are capable of pulling off. Have the protoss even produced normal yields such as that and have shown that they have ever been able to shoot as far as (at a minimum 300,000km) with normal ship weaponry? Bottom line it sets up the precedent that the Covenant have a crapload of superiority in space. Another thing to consider is, if numbers,sizes and ranges are for some miraculous and inane reason, not a means of showing how the covenant outmatch the protoss in space(or for that matter any race at all that would potentially go up against the Protoss) how would you go about saying that the Protoss are better if they dont have any numbers, ranges or firepower calcs to even back themselves up against the Covenant?

We also know that said weaponry was not something that was commonly found on every Protoss carrier either and that they were specialized weapons not used on other carriers.

Have the Dark Archons ever shown the feat of being able to control ships from continental distances away?

He stated them as trillion. I can't help but wonder where the evidence for a trillion zerg have ever came from. I'm far more inclined to believe the billion man arguement since those actually cite far more compelling evidence.

DarkC
A Dark Archon has to have a certain range within to be able to Mind Control, about the same range as a Ghost's Canister Rifle. It isn't even remotely close to be able to reach out and enslave a mind 300,000 kilometers away. And even if they did, they can only enslave one person at a time and it takes a long time for their energy to recharge. Even if they did mind control the Ship Master, there is the rest of the bridge crew that would be able to catch onto anything amiss, as is the presence of a Hunter pair on capital ships.

I think a salvo of plasma torpedoes from a Covenant cruiser would have about the same destructive capability as a blast from a Battlecruiser's Yamato cannon would. As far as I can tell, two or three Yamato blasts are sufficient to take down a carrier.

It takes two or three white hot ferric-tungsten shell several thousand tons heavy moving at a fraction of the speed of light to take down Covenant shields. They don't go down easy.

Burning thought
you correcting me? rolling on floor laughing all you seem to be doing is throwing out your own made up so called "facts" half the time and then saying ime doing it then crying about it and trying to insult me as well as trying to elevate yourself, the sort of tactic used by people actually trying to convince themselves of their own foolish ideas....if ime an 8.5 hypocrite you must be the 10.0...your not realising that A: books of games are not 100% canon when it comes to damage, its made to sound fast and exciting in books instead of figuires and real durabilities..proof? because use your common sense, the popgun pistol Raynor uses is used by all terran forces, if it could kill a hydralisk with one shot..wouldnt they all use it? also taking into terms other equipment the terran issue armour is immune to small arms fire like that which is from pistols, so your actually trying to state that a hydralisks armored shell is weaker than that of terran marine armor? honestly...the hydralisks are the main warrior strain as well as often being comapred to light vehicles in strength.

as i said before...l2play the game and l2 debate is a new one, in the game thers a pretty videoclip...for the NEW overmind in broodwar that states that Zerg casualties were in the millions, the UED only fought to capture this new overmind and they succeeded, showing there were millions just protecting the new overmind. Also yes they DO grossly overmatch the Terrans and protoss which is why at the end of Broodwar all of the races are smashed wrecks apart from the Zerg as victors. You seem to be sperting nonsense constantly, calling my ideas and opinions nonsense then coming up with nonsense yourself... roll eyes (sarcastic)

about the zergling again, it can leap, when its normally moving on its little legs it hops yes, but when it attacks it can go a good few metres..read the beloved book that you take as 100% fact if you dont belive me, when Ardo gets attacked in the tunnel, it doesnt just hop, its a good several yards away and leaps when it gets within a good few metres and the elite isnt much bigger than a zergling, l2 scale things, the Zergling can cover most of the front of a terran space mairne and their almost 9 feet tall in their armor, the Zergling in one jump would pin the Elite down and then slice its head off shields and all. Elites jump into grenades and you think Zerglings are stupid? "sigh" so i guess where you come from jumping on grenades is a sign of intellect, i see...

also onto your foolish point on the warthog, time for some correcting, okie true, lets sum some thngs up for you if your incapable...warthog depleted uranium rounds kill stuff extremely quickly in the haloverse wheras the standard issue weapon that fires the same stuff the Warthog fires is in the hands of every terran space marine....only theirs is explosive yet the zerg can still rattle them....your obviously not adding 2 and 2 together which isnt a difficult sum but ill help you anyway. One warhog can mow down several elites with ease yet the exact same weapon only explosive tipped takes longer to take down a Zergling and certainly takes a good amount of time to take down a Hydralisk which easily shows elite<zergling and Hydralsk>>>Elite.

anyway in the end as i stated before..the low calibre assault rifles combiend with the inaccuracy of the floods drunken like state means that half the bullets will miss any zerg flyers as well as the zerg being able to launch their acids a great distance through guardians youll have a lot of distigrated flood in pools of acid before they can bring down more than a couple zerg, even if they are equiped with rocket launchers but considering their drunken state and the missles lack of accuracy already then they wont be much of a threat either will they...the flood will be annhilated if they attack the zerg. touger armour, long range powerful bio weaponry, not to menstion a defiler could protect the entire zerg group from any enemy weapons with dark swarm and use plague to dissolve the flood from a distance.

DarkC

DarkC

DarkC

Burning thought
the flood still loses, first just because the Defiler is a ground unit in-game doesnt mean it dies when it gets picked up by an air unit does it, when an overlord picks it up theres no reason why with game mechanics and realism added that the thing cannot fire from the air..

as i said before, all it has to do is fire a dark swarm across a group of guardians and mutalisks who are vapourising the drunken flood lunatics in the process with acids and they wont be able to damage the flyers or the defilers which there could be hundreds of inside many zerg flight creatures.

in the end the flood all die off because A: their incapable of infesting or capturing anything and B; they cannot damage the protected zerg flyers....

FACT: the zerg are superior due to protection from anything the flood can do coupled with devestation of the flood from range who have no protection
Conlcusion: this argument over ground weapons is all for nothing considering the zerg can annhilate the flood from range with impunity

your also forgetting the speed mutalisks can move and fire at the same time, several strafing and the flood will eventually get slaughtered by thousands not to menstion the not so intelligent flood would probably end up blowing up half their own forces with control of vehichles and missle launchers while trying to hit them also Guardians can move through atmosphere and space meaning they could simply just sit out of range of any weaponry and launch their globs of acid from far into the sky

DarkC

DarkC

Burning thought
you have no proof and so your case is moot, their acid globs cannot possibly? how would you know, do you know the exact acid their made form and their density? its not happened before so you dont know, all we know is they they can glob their acid from the skies and thats a fact and thats not even the point although globing from space could be beneficial the guardians can still stay beneath the atmosphere and glob acid, the acid would survive to hit the survace and destory your prescious flood, now think of hundreds of these things doing that

the zerg wont even have to get near or in range of any flood weapons...and even worst is your foolish act of cutting up my sentances to further help any foolish opinion and factless nonsense you come up with for example you quote "wont be able to damage the flyers" on its own making it sound like ime saying their invincible which ime not, not on their own but inside the dark swarm they would be. Also your wrong about dark swarm, the swarm is an swarm of parasetic creatures that negate ALL incoming projectiles and enemy fire yet allow the zerg to fire out of it....so l2 read the manuel it doesnt negate accuracy it dissolves projectiles, if it was to do with accuracy then units would have a chance of taking damage not to menstion it would be more beneficial probably putting it over enemies if this were the case however it is not.

also about overlord dropping what makes you think the defiler cannot be dropped quickly, cast its swarm or plague then get back inside the transport, your looking at it from the simple minded view of gameplay however the dark swarm would cover and protect zerg flyers its not going to protect the flood on the ground is it roll eyes (sarcastic)

anyway whats this to do with the topic, the terrans would just nuke the flood into nothingness from space while the zerg and protoss destroy the other races and thats considering the flood is actually in the topic which they are not, yet they would be elimiated...as i said before they would not be able to infest nothingness to grow in numbers if their being nuked through the atmosphere..

DarkC

DarkC

OMG-Toothpaste
I'd like to correct myself on my earlier statement due to a friends point of view that makes a lot of sense actually....
If the Zerg and the Flood were to fight the Zerg would win, no matter how many guns and stolen equipment the Flood did have they would still die off eventually.

This is because the flood tap into the spinal system to infect someone,
They so far have only tapped into Humanoid spinal systems. (notice how all the flood are humanoid except for the small ones)
The Zerg however, not being humanoid, have a more complex system, and most of them have exoskeletons, not spines.
This would confuse the Flood and they would be ripped apart by another zerg in their dilemma.
Because of this fact it would make it impossible for the flood to infect the Zerg, and seeing how thats they way they win most of their battles, the flood would lose.

DarkC
Haven't you been reading what I've been saying?

The flood feed on any hosts that contain copious amounts of calcium compounds housed inside their bodies. Considering that the Zerg depend on the vaunted 'mineral' deposits found so often in the games, they should be a feast in the Flood's eyes, considering their claws, teeth, etc.

The Flood don't need spines inside their hosts to be able to tap and control them. They need only a focal point inside the Zerg's nervous system. Spines mean little, because that's only one bodily structure that houses a vital component of a biped's nervous system.

Cortana: "Human, Covenant, whatever. You're all equally edible."

OMG-Toothpaste
This is completely Irrelevent to the debate...

I have a question for you DarkC, and I'm not just taking personal shots here....

Do you have a GF? cuz I know a lot about gaming in my small geekish life but I don't quite know as much as you do, and even if I did I would never use it to debate like this daily....
Clearly you have way too much time on your hands and you need to do something constructive with it rather than fued with others online about which team is better.
This goes for you other guys aswell.

Hell the only reason I'm doing this so much is cuz I'm bored and my GF is in Newfoundland visiting family, and I'm still not doing it as much as you...

anyway I'm bored taking part in this debate, but I will stop by every now and then to see how it turns out...

Peace

DarkC
Yes. See my signature?

And I've taken her out in real life too several times even though I met her on here. She can beat me in Halo and in World of Warcraft duels, which tends to make me think that she's a keeper. stick out tongue

And she is on vacation too in New Brunswick.
But I'll decide what I like to do with my time, thanks.

BlaxicanHydra
Wow. Your lucky erm

DarkC
Wow. Your lucky erm
Yeah I know, eh?

My friend beats everyone while playing Halo 2 split screen, I like to bring him down to Earth every now and then by reminding him that he lost to Sarah on Lockout Slayer 25-17.

BlaxicanHydra
Ambience is le sex.

Burning thought
the guardians Acid is like a glob, it would easily be able to descend from the sky, i admit not through atmosphere but below the skyline which would be far out of range for any of the flood to hit, the range of a bullet only goes so far and the same goes for a rocket launcher even more so, it will simply drop and then splash across the flood

regardless an oncoming zerg horde would destory the flood not only through their great numbers but also the flood wont be able to feed on the zerg why? a little oversight on my part...acid blood, most of the zerg straines have acid blood if not all...the little flood gas balls would die trying to get in...owned

not to menstion all that i menstioned above, your point is still irrelivent seeing zerg hydralisks are certainly more durable than flood, their bullets would take a lot of time to bring one down if they succeeded and when it does its acid will burst killing any who would want to feed and the thing itself would take down several flood...the zerg would be constantly producing above the world wheras the flood wouldnt, they would die out from the numbers eventually because they cannot feed on zerg

DarkC

Burning thought
theres every reason to point to that things that use acid would have acid for blood, "possibly" not zerglings but Hydralisks spit acid and their spines are acidic which would mean they would certainly have a large store of it within them, if not for their entire form if we look at the mutalisks role of acid, guardians would have acid also..scourge, infact the scourge could be devastating bombers, suiciding into flood ground groups possibly killing great numbers of the things

also yes, true the guardians would be fireing blindly, yet with the amount of flood you say there are combiend with the fact there will be a lot of guardians fireing there will be thousands of losses, also its not exactley fair to think the flood vehicles will be able to come with impunity, before they get in range the hive mind would have already sent great numbers of devourours and mutalisks, devourers are incredible at AA fire, spreading incredibly powerful dissolving acids over large areas, a group of these things can probably bring down almost any group the flood could threaten the guardians with

also on the ground as you say the hydralisks would be charged but you would be foolish to think they are any less deadly in close range, i would wager their more deadly in close range considering a zerg hydralisk its fairly quick for their size and especialyl strong, its been shown that a couple of them can take down even the strongest Zealots, namely fenix, who dies to hydralisks. Also on the ground we still forget a combination of Ultralisks, queens and Defilers making problems..queens spawning broodlings, splitting apart the strongest flood forms as well as spitting her mucus slowing them to a crawl combined with defilers powerful plagues with Ultralisks like living tanks smashing through the flood and scourge bombing them from the skies in constant waves it would be crippleing, surely the flood would not be able to survive, especially if acid blood is inside all the zerg although this cannot be confirmed although could be probable in most of them

DarkC

DarkC

doan_m
Just some minor nitpicks here and there from what I have only half read:
-Gauss rifles are stated to be 8mm bullets not 14 mm.
-the M68 guass cannon is supposed to be a gun that shoots 25mm projectiles at hypersonic velocity(not supersonic as what I seen stated before) speeds.

Carry on.

doan_m
Just an edit.
-the M68 guass cannon is supposed to be a gun that shoots 25mm projectiles at hypersonic velocity(not supersonic as what I seen stated before) speeds.
-the novel Shadow of the Xel'naga (that book or some other) shows that Zerglings can be killed by farmers with pitchforks.

Carry on.

DarkC

Okay, so I was being generous when I said 14mm. I was mistaken, confusing the model-number with the actual caliber of the rifle. They're apparently smaller than the round a handgun fires then.

Actually, I think it was granite chopping implements, not pitchforks. But yes, Zerglings are not nearly as tough as Burning thought here seems to see them as.

Burning thought
well i still dont see the books as canon as the games since its the games that is where it started, the books say a lot of outrageous things to make the book seem more exciting, only someone who is clinging to their own ideals wouldnt see that considering a zergling actually being killed by a farmer would seem impossible considering it can survive gauss rifle fire and marines have enhanced strength so if zerglings could be beaten so easily they wouldnt need guns when zerglings attack, like the guy in the trench at the beginning of broodwar, took one rocket launcher hit each to kill the zerglings (note the rockets blast radious explosion didnt kill the apparently "weak" zergling) which means that the marine with no ammo obviously didnt see them as weak things that a farmer with a lump of granite or pitchfork could kill

about Ultralisks? you didnt correct me or give any fact at all....in game-play we know about 6 crowded zealots can beat a ultralisk but in gameplay an ultralisk cannot knock foes over or do many movements at all and gameplay is not usually held over facts. Facts admit that its a massive creature, easily the size of a scorpion tank and can move fairly quickly using a pair of kaiser blades (cant remember if thats right but their blades) that can cut through tanks, so no...your "wrong" and the ultralisk is a living tank..

also theres still no reasoning to belive the flood can take over zerg nervous systems, it says quite clearly somewhere i read "nervous system is abnormal the Flood cannot infect them". Are you foolish enough to think the Zergs nervous system is normal? its seems viable enough to me that something controled by a hivemind itself would possibly not be able to be taken over, not to menstion abnormal systems. The scourge on other hand could swarm the flood, not together but as you say again, the flood are many, so the scourge can come down in the hundreds from diffretn directions so that the flood will not be able to take them all and there will be massive explosions ripping apart the flood reducing their numbers...where are all these magical flood coming from? you keep saying theres always more of them.....obviously not when their being vaporised in the hundreds or thousands

and onto mutalisks evoltuion....me bullshit reasoning? you assuming that a creature like a guardian or defiler who use acid exactley in similiar ways as the very creature it evolves from cannot have acid for blood? theres a hell of a lot of logic in thinking that it would and that theres no logic and complete mornonic stupidity to think the acid for blood would be completly changed in the few seconds of evolution? its acid blood is completly changed....you clearly have no imagination and need everything written official about things like this even if its near obvious that such creatures would have acidic blood.

DarkC

DarkC

Burning thought
ive made belivable things up..thats the diffrence, its belivable that a guardian, hydralisk or Devourer has acid blood because they all use acid like the mutalisk so its belivable that like the mutalisk its got acid for blood, unfortunatley theres no evidance because their never spoken of about their blood only the Mutalisk has been but the zerg wouldnt change the blood which is a useful form of attack that could devetate its enemies even after the creature which has the blood is dead.

yes..Ultralisk is said in the manual to be a living tank to the zerg, no it has no guns or bio weapnry but its like a melee bio tank then, the zerg still call it a tank....what i meant was its the zergs form of tank and its armor is equel or greater and its weaponry can slice through almost any material with ease as it says in the book.

yes..single carrier hits earth their dead...why? obviously because the amount of people who would be infected but the problem is the flood wont be able to infect the zerg if they only use scourge...or flyers cuz their on the ground..and the scourge explode, infact if the Zerg wanted to they could stay in space and send streams of scourge from diffrent directions and simply destory the flood without many losses since Scourge are expendible things.

DarkC

Burning thought
hmm some BS...m8 this isnt RTS standards or a game, this is being looked at realistically and realistically you dont need drones on the ground...where are you pulling this rubbish from? the zerg can only have a certain amount in space, kerrigans main fortress is in space on a floating platform, there are enormous hive ships that cradle the overlords FYI , there could be entire broods worth of creatures...all it takes is the primary hives to produce larvae and so each larvae into a couple of scourge, each the power to cause enormous damage, their such simple strains 2 come from 1...theres no truth behind what you said that he created ground forces because they outnumber the air? riiigghttt...no..use your brain and actually think before you post.

also where are these convenant and human ships coming from? okie then the zerg will bring Terran and protoss infested forces to destroy them if they still dont use scourge to bring down capital ships and devourers for fighters...infact thinking on it the scourge could be used for almost anything in numbers, annhilating the flood, starving them, destorying larger ships and infested Terran and Protoss ships would be a threat

DarkC

DarkC

Burning thought

BlaxicanHydra
DarkC you have attracted the attention of one of my clients *cough*Guilty*cough*. And well... we have a proposition for you.

Burning thought
hopefully it will be something that will dislodge his delusions of the flood beating the zerg...this is getting boring and is actually this entire debate between me and Darkc is offtopic and irrelivent to the thread laughing even tho it forms a fairly large chunk of it

BlaxicanHydra
Well if it means that much to you and if you're all that sure that the Halo team will get stomped by the SC team then fine, add the Flood to the topic erm

EDIT- And no, the proposition had nothing to do with that.

Burning thought
dammit

BlaxicanHydra
*shrug*

Might as well.. You two have spent two and a half pages debating it.

Burning thought
i dont know why i bother debating it....i know the zerg would win and Darkc methods of debating are not able to get me to change my mind...prob coz i havnt got much else to do so what the heck

DarkC

BlaxicanHydra
Guilty as in Guilty Gear. Anyway our proposition was that if you join su you could achieve a power greater then any admin.

OMG-Toothpaste
You know what.... (And I know I said I was leaving...)
After carefully reading this whole debate, and doing a bit of research,
I would have to agree with DarkC that the flood might actually win against the Zerg...
Sorry BT but a lot of the stuff you said and stated isn't true or fact.
Like DarkC said you have been making some stuff up to make the Zerg look more powerful.
And if you think the Zerg could beat the Flood in a fight that's your opinion and you entitled to it.
But all of DarkC's posts state facts, truths, and even corrections on your bashing BT, I'm sorry

but I think the Flood win...

And what is this power you speak of Blaxcian?

BlaxicanHydra
Many abilities some would consider to be... unnatural.

OMG-Toothpaste
Really....
would you care to give some examples of these 'Un-natural' powers?

Burning thought
You know what.... (And I know I said I was leaving...)
After carefully reading this whole debate, and doing a bit of research,
I would have to agree with DarkC that the flood might actually win against the Zerg...
Sorry BT but a lot of the stuff you said and stated isn't true or fact.
Like DarkC said you have been making some stuff up to make the Zerg look more powerful.
And if you think the Zerg could beat the Flood in a fight that's your opinion and you entitled to it.
But all of DarkC's posts state facts, truths, and even corrections on your bashing BT, I'm sorry

but I think the Flood win...

And what is this power you speak of Blaxcian?

can you post some links please to the research and stuff that may make me change my mind on the flood winning, in my opinion i see the flood as ridiculous things, ime not a fanboy...i like starcraft and halo...i just "hate" the flood..although i still dont see them winning, but id like to see proof of their power through direct links, id like to see them pilotting covenant and human ships and am interested in seeing where it says their numbers as Darkc says they are

DarkC

Burning thought
hmm yes it seems the only book i dont have of starcraft is queen of blades, wish there were better resources for starcraft law and statistics, i suppose theres often more detailed information given about first person shooters considering Starcraft wiki is lame on information

an interesting note is that all one has to do to save itself from infection is jump and move a lot to dislodge it, considering the pattens of zerglings i dont see those being infected considering their nature

also do are grenades effective against brutes in the halo universe, ive never faced them myself

another thing is that can i have an link on the exact numbers on the flood, id like to see how many there are compared to the zerg..weve agreed the zerg have strength and durability and you say the numbers of the flood are far greater than the zerg, so id be interested in seeing where it says their numbers

DarkC

Burning thought
well considering the flood needs food wheras the zerg are not offically stated to eat, they simply get produced and then dont eat at all as far as i can remember i havnt read anything saying they eat, they sort of use their drones to give nutrients to hive clusters which then create the larvae

so in truth theres no cold fact that the flood do out number the zerg, i mean i can see the speed at which they breed but it doesnt seem that much faster to the zerg, especially since the flood need hosts, wheras the zerg can constantly reproduce as long as theres nutrients, however theres nutrients across many worlds the zerg control so nutrients are unlikely to be a problem in this battle if this is a fully strength zerg army. So in truth we have no understanding of the size of the flood, the Zerg you estimated at about 50 million, wheras the flood could be anything below or beyond. In the games there are not millions of flood are there, when you fight them theres groups of combat forms, infections and maybe carriers on average but their not large groups, halo 1 at the end theres groups of like 8 infections a couple of carriers and prob like 5 combat forms. Problem with me i just ran through them trying to escape and ended up with aout 10 of such groups chasing me which made it more difficult yet i remember escaping luckily.

so far i see the zerg winning still, maybe only just but especially now theres no hard proof that the flood actually out number the zerg which are obviously tougher than the flood one on one, so this battle can go either way depending on numbers, i still see them using the Scourge and banelings once the overmind/kerrigen realises the flood increase their numbers on dead zerg forces they will use forces that simply have nothing left but acidic and burning remains if any at all to feed on like scourge and banelings, baneling explosions seem to be incredible considering 4/5 of them can shatter the heavily armored and shielded colossus, they have tougher armour than zerglings and so far dont seem to damage eachother in their explosions which i suppose make sense, i still say a combination of these and scourge would eventually destroy even a group of flood that are in greater number than the zerg themselves which has no proof behind it that flood have larger numbers.

OMG-Toothpaste
can you post some links please to the research and stuff that may make me change my mind on the flood winning, in my opinion i see the flood as ridiculous things, ime not a fanboy...i like starcraft and halo...i just "hate" the flood..although i still dont see them winning, but id like to see proof of their power through direct links, id like to see them pilotting covenant and human ships and am interested in seeing where it says their numbers as Darkc says they are

My reasearch was playing both games, where I fought against both Zerg and Flood.
Wikipedia (may not be super accurate but a lot of it seemed right)
And I checked out the game websites (Bungie and Blizzard)
and I basically found out what I could about the races.

DarkC

DarkC

OMG-Toothpaste
Originally posted by DarkC
seriously, what use would Zerg have with a pair of dead human legs other than to eat?

I can think of something... wink

DarkC
I can think of something... wink
And that would be?

BlaxicanHydra

no expression

DarkC

no expression
If OMG means what I think he means, that's quite disgusting. I'd be normally inclined to laugh, but even so.

Lemme put it this way; my implying that her legs remain whole and attached to one another after the clawing it took dangling over the pit is just an assumption.

OMG-Toothpaste
wow.. u guys have a small sense of humor...
and what do u think OMG means?

DarkC
wow.. u guys have a small sense of humor...
and what do u think OMG means?
Oh my God?

Nah, it's the fact that the woman got messily bisected in half that makes it truly disgusting.

OMG-Toothpaste
Originally posted by DarkC
If OMG means what I think he means, that's quite disgusting.

How does "Oh My God" make it disgusting?

DarkC
How does "Oh My God" make it disgusting?
No, it isn't that, I thought you may have been referring to something sexually related.

Guilty Gear

Kupo_Avalanche
there is no way halo could beat starcraft. Halo does not have that much that you don't see but the world of Starcraft is ever-changing. People are constantly at war, and armies are massive compared to that of Halo. Halo would have trouble surviving an attack from terran only, let only zerg and protoss.

DarkC
Originally posted by Kupo_Avalanche
there is no way halo could beat starcraft.
Gosh, fanboys are everwhere. No reason, and stating that their force would win without a doubt.

Stop trying to state it as though it were fact, thanks.

And that's all? That's your reasoning?

It's flawed. Halo doesn't have quite the amount of diversity that the StarCraft world offers, but by no means is it a real factor in any conflict related circumstances. It can even be a disadvantage at times, when armies waste precious resources attempting to counter each and every single type of unit, when the Halo world simply offers a short range of units and vehicles, but that which can do a lot. For example, the siege tank for the Terran, as powerful as it is, cannot attack air while the Scorpion MBT's can. The siege tank, as durable as it is, cannot hope to last if it's attacked medium-close range by infantry, while both Wraith and Scorpion tanks have, respectively, a chain gun and twin-linked plasma guns mounted to protect such. The Siege tank has to depend on other things to attack air, and the Terran has to use resources to compensate.

I'm not saying that the Halo world has better diversity, but try not to make it look like black and white affair, because hey, it isn't.

The hydralisk is an example of a unit that is actually truly dynamic, it's strong in both terms of melee and ranged, whereas a Firebat, or Corsair, while very useful when utilized correctly, are somewhat limited.

The point remains, the troops from the UNSC and the Covenant are very useful all-round, you don't have to build or train tons of different types of fighters, every marine can drive a Warthog and other vehicles, same thing with Covenant Elites. However, as an example, marines from the lore are neurally implanted only with the knowledge on how to operate their weapons and how to utilize their CMC suits. They aren't trained to drive a tank if the driver of one accidentally dies, aren't trained to pilot Wraiths.

They're aware of what they are, they just aren't trained on how to work them.

Proof?

Kupo, I'm sorry but you are being incredibly shortsighted when you say something like that. Let's take a good look at two respective races in the opposing sides and see where you are quite clearly wrong.

The Terran haven't relatively been around for the longest time. They've been multiplying in terms of population rapidly though, but that still doesn't match the relativity to the colonies of the UNSC. Remember, only 40,000 (I believe) Terrans were set to cold sleep and at least 8,000 of those died when the Sarengo crashes. Regardless, they, being humans, are dynamic and so manage to prosper and create a new society. Their numbers are considerble, but not enough.

The UNSC stands for United Nations Space Command, they were created some time back when Earth was far too overpopulated and began colonizing on habitable worlds, and continue to multiply, whereas about 400,000,000 "StarCraft" humans on Earth were "purged" by the UPL even before the Terrans were sent off. We're talking about the entire human race here, Kupo, not just the society resulting from a collection of Earth's outlaws as in the Terran, but the entire human race united as one. How in the world do you think the UNSC will be outnumbered by a society born of exiles?

OMG-Toothpaste
oh btw i wuz refering to something sexual lol

OMG-Toothpaste
lol what happeed to the debate?

Burning thought
lol what happeed to the debate?

well ive just come back from holiday for a week, but i dont want to debate this any more

Goomba
I hope nobody actually gets worked up over this forum. It compares an RTS to a FPS.

Everybody's talking about the elements of the Starcraft team in the RTS environment; they have to build, up, need minerals etc. But, does each team start out with an economy? How does Covenant go about building their massive ships and supplying their troops?

No superweapons allowed. No nukes, MAC guns, planet glassing, Carrier-based superweapons, epic-scale psi storms (ie time of Adun), etc.

I think this forum was intended to be taken simply. Units that exist already fighting it out, and in that case, I'd give it to the Starcraft team hands-down.

Everything in Starcraft is BIGGER: can a Terran Marine really even be challenged by UNSC Marines? If you, as MC, had to fight the pissiest units of the Terran arsenal, you'd be gunned down! Gauss rifles are made to penetrate Zerg carapace; they'd shoot clean through any soft-skinned Flood.

Or Firebats? Seriously?! If the flamethrower in Halo CE is doubled and added to an armored suit, then a dozen Firebats and Marines can take an infinite number of FLood and any soldiers the Covenant can throw (save cloaked Elites maybe)
In order for the Flood to actually reproduce, they need to KILL something! They cannot take on the Zerg, A small pack of dog-sized, carapaced Zerglings would run right through the pathetic flood. A 12-foot Hydralisk is something you never fight in Halo, and thank God. The smallest Zergs are like the worst Flood you encounter. Never mind an Utralisk or an ARCHON. Archons in Halo......

If people want to make this realistic, then take everything into account, including the fact that Terran units are RTS-balanced and, in real life, obviously Siege Tanks would have point defenses, and Halo aircraft are made slower than they'd actually be to make them shootable (don't consider the Banshee to be the epitome of Covenant atmospheric flight, or we were more advanced in the early 1900s than the Covenant)

etc etc etc.

If I had to pick a side, in keeping with what I think the forum intends as a simplified environment for combat (minus economy, politics, superweapons etc),my vote overall is that Starcraft team wins, even if adding the flood. If counting all numbers, the Zerg bring their billions and they alone could probably swamp everything under, even the massive powerful ships of Halo.

Unless Gravemind can arm-wrestle the Overmind into submission....

DarkC
Originally posted by Goomba
Gauss rifles are made to penetrate Zerg carapace; they'd shoot clean through any soft-skinned Flood.
Of course Flood are prone to bullets - it doesn't mean that the weapons from the Haloverse are weaker. If anything, they're stronger.

And the depleted uranium spikes used in the Gauss rifles are meant to penetrate Terran armor, attested to by both Jim Raynor and Lt. Breanne in the first SC novel.
Or Firebats? Seriously?! If the flamethrower in Halo CE is doubled and added to an armored suit, then a dozen Firebats and Marines can take an infinite number of FLood and any soldiers the Covenant can throw (save cloaked Elites maybe)
Hunters. Jackal snipers. Brutes also soak up bullets like water.
A small pack of dog-sized, carapaced Zerglings would run right through the pathetic flood. A 12-foot Hydralisk is something you never fight in Halo, and thank God. The smallest Zergs are like the worst Flood you encounter.
Yeah, the Zerglings would rip and tear lots to shreds, until they got swamped. The infection forms come in much larger quantities than it appears in-game. Keyes' point of view before he was assimilated into the Flood was that the hallway he was in filled with Flood infection forms in the blink of an eye, "hundreds, possibly thousands'. The Zerg would hold out on their own for a bit, then they'd just get overwhelmed by sheer numbers.

Also, Flood don't need to "kill" in order to reproduce. They simply require a calcium-rich source, according to 343 GS.

A single blow from a Combat form Flood tentacle was enough to throw the Master Chief (half a ton of man and armor) against the wall, making a sizeable dent in the bulkhead in the process. A hydralisk is even weaker to take down than an Elite toting a needler, for Chrissake. Look at the way Zeratul owned them in the SC2 teaser - now imagine a swordsman Elite in his place.

The Flood at ground level seem weak, but they're technically more infestatious than the zerg. As the Ship Master whatshisface put it: "A single Flood spore can defeat a species." A lieutanent basically committed suicide and in the process killed her entire crew rather than to allow a potentially Flood-infested ship return to earth. A single Flood ship lands at a single city and the Ship Master glassed an entire continent - "Were it not for the Arbiter's counsel, I would have glassed your entire planet!

And basically Gravemind IS the overmind of the Flood - he's just smarter. He almost managed to corrupt Cortana - a super advanced "smart" AI and decieved his sworn enemies into briefly serving as his puppets, consciously. Overmind requires his servants to be bound to him telepathically in order to stay subservient. Look at Kerrigan. Look at what happens to rampant Zerg in the first mission.

DarkC
Also, have you even thought about what calamity it would mean for the Zerg if some of their DNA genomes got stolen by the Flood and altered? It's not even difficult. A single infection form Flood was able to slice through Chief's suit with a tentacle and punch its way down to his spine in a second. Only Cortana's action saved his life.

It's so terribly easy for the Flood to turn the favour, they can eventually overwhelm a group of Hydralisks and take them over and modify them to their own needs - the little things can just swarm up an ultralisk's legs. GG ultralisk, hope you enjoy being used as a weapon against your own kind.

Final Blaxican
Jesus. My typing skills back in the day were ****ing garbage.

And yeah this is a spite thread, The Flood can actually kill all the other races by themselves, Halo's included.

I've never understood though, why can't the Gravemind itself be targeted?

ArtificialGlory
Are all the Zerg broods included? There are billions of them... billions!

Final Blaxican
... There re multiple trillions of Flood I believe.

But if any race had a chance against the Flood it'd be the Zerg definitely.

kevdude
I'll give it to Starcraft, the game is very good. big grin

WO Polaski
starcraft isn't cooler then halo big grin flood would win

<< THERE IS MORE FROM THIS THREAD HERE >>